Mobile Audio Competitors Organization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LOUDEST SPORT ON EARTH!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Joint Finals a success. USACI numbers down due to very remote (from USACI) location but better than expected. Results posted on web site.
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» STETSOM 7KD
Removing glue for recone? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2020 7:37 pm by big bass joel

» any blown stetsom 7kd or 2k6d amps for sale
Removing glue for recone? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 7:32 pm by big bass joel

» We need the forums back
Removing glue for recone? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 2:41 pm by svillarrial

» THIS OLD FORUM IS ALIVE!!!! 6/14/17
Removing glue for recone? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 11:11 pm by 80INCHES

» It's back up !
Removing glue for recone? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 7:03 pm by chrisfish

» 2 Atomic apocalypse 12s D4
Removing glue for recone? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 12:53 am by supersquirt

» well hello
Removing glue for recone? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 5:46 am by TAMU

» WELLLWELLL
Removing glue for recone? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 4:24 pm by Nice

» SLAMBOREE AUG 1 & 2
Removing glue for recone? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 12:14 pm by Pro_Mom

Top posters
sanman
Removing glue for recone? Vote_lcapRemoving glue for recone? Voting_barRemoving glue for recone? Vote_rcap 
The_Rowlands
Removing glue for recone? Vote_lcapRemoving glue for recone? Voting_barRemoving glue for recone? Vote_rcap 
chrisfish
Stingraysevenout
scionsoloxb
TECH114
Alan
supadave
Moparbass28
Navi
Statistics
We have 1855 registered users
The newest registered user is Farenheit

Our users have posted a total of 222582 messages in 12665 subjects
Keywords
2010 globe finals record quad contest broken chef crank dollar 80inches disc state Audiopipe pics drive silence build Johncarr world louisiana kyle songs stereo crzyblondgrl records
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of United States Autosound Competition International on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Mobile Audio Competitors Organization on your social bookmarking website

Removing glue for recone?

Go down 
+8
bigbass140
Nice
quad box
mod4000
Alan
beatnoutdaframe
Matt_Sibley
Canaan
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Canaan
Above Average Contributor
Canaan

Number of posts : 650
Registration date : 2007-07-03

Removing glue for recone? Empty
PostSubject: Removing glue for recone?   Removing glue for recone? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 1:38 pm

Ok, I have reconed a few subs in the past and its been a "Female dog" to remove the CA. Anyone have some trips or tricks for cleaning a basket?

I'm guessing a flapper wheel is the best bet...going to try that after work just have to hit Lowes.
Back to top Go down
Matt_Sibley

Number of posts : 957
Registration date : 2007-06-25

PostSubject: Re: Removing glue for recone?   Removing glue for recone? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 1:58 pm

I used to use one of the air side grinders, it has a little 1'' or 1.5'' wheel and worked well. It also scuffs up the basket enough to make sure the new glue adheres properly.
Back to top Go down
http://www.us.airliquide.com
beatnoutdaframe
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
beatnoutdaframe

Number of posts : 394
Registration date : 2008-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Removing glue for recone?   Removing glue for recone? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 2:35 pm

torch it off know it sounds stupid but bret and i both have done this and it just melts off
Back to top Go down
http://www.bottomlesspits.com
Alan
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Alan

Number of posts : 3897
Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Removing glue for recone?   Removing glue for recone? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 3:22 pm

Yeah. I just use a heavy duty razor knife and a scraper and hammer to break as much off as possible. Then a flap disc works better than the stone. Type grinder ones since they actually remove material instead of getting it hot and killing ur eyeballs with fumes
Back to top Go down
Canaan
Canaan

PostSubject: Re: Removing glue for recone?   Removing glue for recone? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 3:39 pm

beatnoutdaframe wrote:
torch it off know it sounds stupid but bret and i both have done this and it just melts off

Well I just used a flapper wheel to clean the first basket. I'll break out my torch and try that on the other one.
Back to top Go down
Canaan
Canaan

PostSubject: Re: Removing glue for recone?   Removing glue for recone? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 3:41 pm

Alan wrote:
Yeah. I just use a heavy duty razor knife and a scraper and hammer to break as much off as possible. Then a flap disc works better than the stone. Type grinder ones since they actually remove material instead of getting it hot and killing ur eyeballs with fumes

Yea, my eyes kill me everytime I recone.
I was sitting there w/ a fan to my back, goggles, and a half-face respirator.
Back to top Go down
mod4000
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
mod4000

Number of posts : 1093
Registration date : 2007-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Removing glue for recone?   Removing glue for recone? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 4:09 pm

acetone takes it right off
Back to top Go down
quad box
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
quad box

Number of posts : 1711
Registration date : 2007-06-22

PostSubject: Re: Removing glue for recone?   Removing glue for recone? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 4:18 pm

Try this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYx8yXQHr_M

Could not help it just to funny
Back to top Go down
Nice
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Nice

Number of posts : 2042
Registration date : 2007-07-13

PostSubject: Re: Removing glue for recone?   Removing glue for recone? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 4:24 pm

Pretty informative post.
Back to top Go down
bigbass140
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
bigbass140

Number of posts : 176
Registration date : 2007-10-07

PostSubject: Re: Removing glue for recone?   Removing glue for recone? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 5:17 pm

this is what i use to get the glue off then i put a blue scotch bite disk on and scuff the basket up. out of everything i tried this bristle disc worked the best.

http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3M/en_US/Marine/Home/Products/Catalog/?PC_7_RJH9U5230GE3E02LECIE20S4K7_nid=GSMS619KQWgsRJ5GMFSMV0glGS84N7LWGJbl
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewProfile
supadave
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
supadave

Number of posts : 3745
Registration date : 2008-02-28

PostSubject: Re: Removing glue for recone?   Removing glue for recone? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 5:27 pm

will take some of this as some good advice bought some 12 baskets that has some on it an need to take the ca off also. i use GOOP to do my recones plus its easy to remove after i do another one.
but the grindier is the way to go for me too, alsso the heavy duty blade also is one of my faves, an alan you need to stay as far away from blades as possiable for the moment
Back to top Go down
Navi
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Navi

Number of posts : 3105

PostSubject: Re: Removing glue for recone?   Removing glue for recone? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 11:41 pm

Ii just spend an extra 5 bucks and get a new basket with each recone, time is money.

If i have to clean the basket, its the 90 degree air grinder
Back to top Go down
bruce-bruce
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

Number of posts : 1361
Registration date : 2008-06-25

PostSubject: Re: Removing glue for recone?   Removing glue for recone? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 12:59 am

Navi wrote:
Ii just spend an extra 5 bucks and get a new basket with each recone, time is money.

hey, we aint discussin boat repair here.

back to regularly scheduled programming.

I FARTED
Back to top Go down
Alan
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Removing glue for recone?   Removing glue for recone? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 1:56 am

Scott who sells you baskets for five extra bucks? Sounds like they way to go .. Just 12 is the cheapest I've seen
Back to top Go down
Navi
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Navi

PostSubject: Re: Removing glue for recone?   Removing glue for recone? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 11:26 am

even if they were 20 wouldnt it be worth it???

already spending 85-125+ depending on who you order from whats another 20?
Back to top Go down
Alan
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Removing glue for recone?   Removing glue for recone? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 11:53 am

4 days lunch.. 3/4 weeks of gas.. Lol.... 20 is worth it to me to clean . Plus a lot of company like to dick you on shipping. 1 woofer is one thing but 4 adds up. So do you really get them somewhere for five? They are worth buyin to selln
Back to top Go down
Navi
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Navi

PostSubject: Re: Removing glue for recone?   Removing glue for recone? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 3:07 pm

bruce-bruce wrote:
Navi wrote:

hey, we aint discussin boat repair here.

back to regularly scheduled programming.

I FARTED

I <3 u
Back to top Go down
Navi
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Navi

PostSubject: Re: Removing glue for recone?   Removing glue for recone? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 3:08 pm

Alan wrote:
4 days lunch.. 3/4 weeks of gas.. Lol.... 20 is worth it to me to clean . Plus a lot of company like to dick you on shipping. 1 woofer is one thing but 4 adds up. So do you really get them somewhere for five? They are worth buyin to selln

Yes i get them for $5 sometimes $10, just depends on how much im ordering and sorry nothing is worth the hassle of reselling on these boards.
Back to top Go down
2003f150
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
2003f150

Number of posts : 2610
Registration date : 2007-09-12

PostSubject: Re: Removing glue for recone?   Removing glue for recone? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 9:14 am

Canaan what you reconing??
Back to top Go down
Canaan
Canaan

PostSubject: Re: Removing glue for recone?   Removing glue for recone? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 11:29 am

2 2515 from the van.
Back to top Go down
2003f150
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
2003f150

Number of posts : 2610
Registration date : 2007-09-12

PostSubject: Re: Removing glue for recone?   Removing glue for recone? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 4:42 pm

What the hell did you do to them?? LOL
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Removing glue for recone?   Removing glue for recone? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Removing glue for recone?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Mobile Audio Competitors Organization :: GENERAL DISCUSSION :: General Discussion :: GENERAL SOUND COMPETITION DISCUSSION-
Jump to: