Mobile Audio Competitors Organization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LOUDEST SPORT ON EARTH!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Joint Finals a success. USACI numbers down due to very remote (from USACI) location but better than expected. Results posted on web site.
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» STETSOM 7KD
Help with amp choice please! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2020 7:37 pm by big bass joel

» any blown stetsom 7kd or 2k6d amps for sale
Help with amp choice please! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 7:32 pm by big bass joel

» We need the forums back
Help with amp choice please! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 2:41 pm by svillarrial

» THIS OLD FORUM IS ALIVE!!!! 6/14/17
Help with amp choice please! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 11:11 pm by 80INCHES

» It's back up !
Help with amp choice please! Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 7:03 pm by chrisfish

» 2 Atomic apocalypse 12s D4
Help with amp choice please! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 12:53 am by supersquirt

» well hello
Help with amp choice please! Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 5:46 am by TAMU

» WELLLWELLL
Help with amp choice please! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 4:24 pm by Nice

» SLAMBOREE AUG 1 & 2
Help with amp choice please! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 12:14 pm by Pro_Mom

Top posters
sanman
Help with amp choice please! Vote_lcapHelp with amp choice please! Voting_barHelp with amp choice please! Vote_rcap 
The_Rowlands
Help with amp choice please! Vote_lcapHelp with amp choice please! Voting_barHelp with amp choice please! Vote_rcap 
chrisfish
Stingraysevenout
scionsoloxb
TECH114
Alan
supadave
Moparbass28
Navi
Statistics
We have 1855 registered users
The newest registered user is Farenheit

Our users have posted a total of 222582 messages in 12665 subjects
Keywords
kyle record louisiana quad globe contest build crank drive records Johncarr crzyblondgrl dollar pics Audiopipe silence chef state songs disc 2010 broken stereo finals 80inches world
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of United States Autosound Competition International on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Mobile Audio Competitors Organization on your social bookmarking website

Help with amp choice please!

Go down 
+7
jsketoe
emperorjj1
cody08
AUDFILE74
jayhawkblk
OnYrMrk
blackedoutavy
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
blackedoutavy
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
blackedoutavy

Number of posts : 108
Registration date : 2009-06-29

Help with amp choice please! Empty
PostSubject: Help with amp choice please!   Help with amp choice please! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2009 9:30 pm

Hey guys I'm new to this place and just trying to get some input on a few amps from some experienced ears. I want a decent sq amp but dont have the money to spnd on Audison, DLS, and etc. I've narrowed my choices down and wanted to know what you guys would go with.

ARC KS 300.4
Rainbow iPaul 4.300
Old School PPI A404 Art Series

Any help or other suggestions in this price range is greatly appreciated.
Back to top Go down
OnYrMrk
Above Average Contributor
OnYrMrk

Number of posts : 893
Registration date : 2007-11-04

PostSubject: Re: Help with amp choice please!   Help with amp choice please! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 12:33 am

Art Series FTW
Arc KS 300.4
stay away from iPaul...go with alpine PDx
Back to top Go down
http://www.scentsy.com/wallis
blackedoutavy
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
blackedoutavy

PostSubject: Re: Help with amp choice please!   Help with amp choice please! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 3:59 pm

So you think Alpine PDX is a good choice. That what I wanted, I just didnt think they were meant to be a good sq amp. Any other suggestions? Thanks.
Back to top Go down
jayhawkblk
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
jayhawkblk

Number of posts : 331
Registration date : 2007-06-28

PostSubject: Re: Help with amp choice please!   Help with amp choice please! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 10:30 am

What is your budget? what will the amps be running? How many do you need? I may have a few suggestions once I know what you are working with.
Back to top Go down
blackedoutavy
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
blackedoutavy

PostSubject: Re: Help with amp choice please!   Help with amp choice please! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 12:54 pm

I have an Alpine 9887 h/u, Audiocontrol DQS, 3 way CDT ES component set up front, and CDT HD coaxial in back doors.
My buget is around $600.
Back to top Go down
AUDFILE74

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2009-04-22

PostSubject: Re: Help with amp choice please!   Help with amp choice please! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 7:46 pm

i'd let go of the idea of using the coaxes and focus on geting the most out of your front stage. as far as an amo, i recomend the arc ks900.6. if you run it bridged, you get 150watts x2 plus 500watts x1 to power a sub. the best part is you can buy it from arc online for about $760 not bad for an amp that can run your whole setup.

http://store.arcaudio.com/product/part_number=KS900.6/1735.0.55639.0.0.0.0
Back to top Go down
cody08
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
cody08

Number of posts : 1674
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Help with amp choice please!   Help with amp choice please! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 8:23 pm

The Audison Srx series isn't that bad on price. Similar to the pdx stuff.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/performanceaudio118
blackedoutavy
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
blackedoutavy

PostSubject: Re: Help with amp choice please!   Help with amp choice please! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 2:17 pm

Are Memphis amps any good for SQ?
Back to top Go down
emperorjj1
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
emperorjj1

Number of posts : 416
Registration date : 2007-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Help with amp choice please!   Help with amp choice please! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 5:35 am

art series is awesome... someone just posted a Dung Pile load on ebay tonight i believe.

You should be able to get an srx amp in your budget and while i haven't had any experience with pdx they srx amps are still pretty sweet.

how much power are you looking for? if i can find me a black 404 to match my a600s id let my a200 and mcintosh 445 go for pretty cheap
Back to top Go down
blackedoutavy
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
blackedoutavy

PostSubject: Re: Help with amp choice please!   Help with amp choice please! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 8:22 pm

I am looking for something around 200 x 2 for the front, 50 x 2 for the rear, and about 500 for sub. Let me know jj
Back to top Go down
blackedoutavy
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
blackedoutavy

PostSubject: Re: Help with amp choice please!   Help with amp choice please! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 8:24 pm

Looks like what you got will work perfect bounce
Back to top Go down
emperorjj1
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
emperorjj1

PostSubject: Re: Help with amp choice please!   Help with amp choice please! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 1:32 am

i dont know man... the mcintosh is 30X2 and the a200 is 50X2. Im still interested in getting a black a404 and selling the two if i can for cosmetic reasons but they don't seem to match up at all with the power your looking for.
Back to top Go down
blackedoutavy
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
blackedoutavy

PostSubject: Re: Help with amp choice please!   Help with amp choice please! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 12:00 pm

I though you meant you were gonna sell you a600s, sorry guess I misunderstood.
Back to top Go down
jayhawkblk
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
jayhawkblk

Number of posts : 331
Registration date : 2007-06-28

PostSubject: Re: Help with amp choice please!   Help with amp choice please! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 10:49 am

why even bother with the rears at all?
Back to top Go down
blackedoutavy
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
blackedoutavy

PostSubject: Re: Help with amp choice please!   Help with amp choice please! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 4:01 pm

I dont know, I have an avalanche and just figured I needed something for rear, but you guys are the experts i guess i'll just not bother with them. So I guess what I need is an amp about 200 x 2 for the front and one to push 2 idq 10s. Im bidding on an a404 and an a600 right now on ebay. If I dont win them I guess I'll find something.
Back to top Go down
jsketoe
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

Number of posts : 1587
Registration date : 2007-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Help with amp choice please!   Help with amp choice please! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 5:56 pm

I like rear fill done properly.
Back to top Go down
blackedoutavy
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
blackedoutavy

PostSubject: Re: Help with amp choice please!   Help with amp choice please! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 7:37 pm

What is done properly? Please explain.
Back to top Go down
jsketoe
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Help with amp choice please!   Help with amp choice please! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 11:05 am

rear fill can enhance width, depth, and center if done correctly. Actually, sub bass can actually effect center...call me crazy, but I can show you.
Back to top Go down
blackedoutavy
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
blackedoutavy

PostSubject: Re: Help with amp choice please!   Help with amp choice please! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 10:16 pm

Well I just won an A404 and an A200 off ebay for a really good price. So know I can bride the A404 on my front and the A200 on the rear. I lost the bid for 2 A600.2 so I'll have to search again for either 2 more A600s or 1 a1200. Thanks for ya'll input and help in choosing a good amp(s).
Back to top Go down
jkrob21
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
jkrob21

Number of posts : 1476
Registration date : 2007-06-25

PostSubject: Re: Help with amp choice please!   Help with amp choice please! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 11:07 pm

Call me crazy, everyone does. Me likes rear fill!
Back to top Go down
tijuana_no
tijuana_no

Number of posts : 709
Registration date : 2007-09-12

PostSubject: Re: Help with amp choice please!   Help with amp choice please! Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 12:45 pm

rear fill also give you the impression of being in a bigger space if done properly .i like it when a competitor uses rear fill and its done right.
Back to top Go down
PUREAUDIO
PUREAUDIO

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2009-07-05

PostSubject: Re: Help with amp choice please!   Help with amp choice please! Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 1:56 pm

jkrob21 wrote:
Call me crazy, everyone does. Me likes rear fill!

I like rear fills also but im called crazy too sometimes...
Back to top Go down
blackedoutavy
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
blackedoutavy

PostSubject: Re: Help with amp choice please!   Help with amp choice please! Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 10:07 pm

Aight what are way to do it right? Does and don'ts. Just looking for some imput on how to build my system right, Im a former SPL head.
Back to top Go down
emperorjj1
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
emperorjj1

PostSubject: Re: Help with amp choice please!   Help with amp choice please! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 1:59 am

blackedoutavy wrote:
Well I just won an A404 and an A200 off ebay for a really good price. So know I can bride the A404 on my front and the A200 on the rear. I lost the bid for 2 A600.2 so I'll have to search again for either 2 more A600s or 1 a1200. Thanks for ya'll input and help in choosing a good amp(s).

nice white or black?

i have to post my favorite picture now.... cheers cheers cheers
Help with amp choice please! Photo_885377
Back to top Go down
blackedoutavy
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
blackedoutavy

PostSubject: Re: Help with amp choice please!   Help with amp choice please! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 11:28 am

White and WTF are you doing? That hurts my eyes.
Back to top Go down
jsketoe
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Help with amp choice please!   Help with amp choice please! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 4:57 pm

You want the secrets of how to do rear fill right? Don't do it wrong. LOL
Back to top Go down
blackedoutavy
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
blackedoutavy

PostSubject: Re: Help with amp choice please!   Help with amp choice please! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 5:05 pm

Thanks, were you born a dick or just ate a lot and grew into an enormous one.......................lol
Back to top Go down
emperorjj1
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
emperorjj1

PostSubject: Re: Help with amp choice please!   Help with amp choice please! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 7:06 pm

blackedoutavy wrote:
White and WTF are you doing? That hurts my eyes.

lol painting them black... heres the result

Help with amp choice please! 100_0728
Help with amp choice please! 100_0730
Back to top Go down
blackedoutavy
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
blackedoutavy

PostSubject: Re: Help with amp choice please!   Help with amp choice please! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 7:18 pm

That looks good, you should do that to your other ones too. What is that yellow crap you used to strip the graphics.
Back to top Go down
emperorjj1
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
emperorjj1

PostSubject: Re: Help with amp choice please!   Help with amp choice please! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 7:31 pm

lol ya they dont exactly match but pretty close. i still like the oem black ones and they way the guts are emobossed but it just wasnt meant to be i guess for me to get all 4 black edition
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help with amp choice please!   Help with amp choice please! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Help with amp choice please!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Mobile Audio Competitors Organization :: GENERAL DISCUSSION :: SOUND QUALITY DISCUSSION :: SOUND QUALITY-
Jump to: