Mobile Audio Competitors Organization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LOUDEST SPORT ON EARTH!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Joint Finals a success. USACI numbers down due to very remote (from USACI) location but better than expected. Results posted on web site.
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» STETSOM 7KD
Why do you compete Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2020 7:37 pm by big bass joel

» any blown stetsom 7kd or 2k6d amps for sale
Why do you compete Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 7:32 pm by big bass joel

» We need the forums back
Why do you compete Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 2:41 pm by svillarrial

» THIS OLD FORUM IS ALIVE!!!! 6/14/17
Why do you compete Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 11:11 pm by 80INCHES

» It's back up !
Why do you compete Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 7:03 pm by chrisfish

» 2 Atomic apocalypse 12s D4
Why do you compete Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 12:53 am by supersquirt

» well hello
Why do you compete Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 5:46 am by TAMU

» WELLLWELLL
Why do you compete Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 4:24 pm by Nice

» SLAMBOREE AUG 1 & 2
Why do you compete Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 12:14 pm by Pro_Mom

Top posters
sanman
Why do you compete Vote_lcapWhy do you compete Voting_barWhy do you compete Vote_rcap 
The_Rowlands
Why do you compete Vote_lcapWhy do you compete Voting_barWhy do you compete Vote_rcap 
chrisfish
Stingraysevenout
scionsoloxb
TECH114
Alan
supadave
Moparbass28
Navi
Statistics
We have 1855 registered users
The newest registered user is Farenheit

Our users have posted a total of 222582 messages in 12665 subjects
Keywords
globe songs broken world 80inches state drive disc 2010 quad crzyblondgrl pics record contest build louisiana finals kyle silence Audiopipe chef stereo records dollar crank Johncarr
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of United States Autosound Competition International on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Mobile Audio Competitors Organization on your social bookmarking website

Why do you compete

Go down 
+21
Moonie
Nick
XFL-Leader
coatesleandrew
Navi
RitcheyRich
TECH114
cody08
AudioAnonymous
Twisted Image
rd s10
quad box
Corey J
STREETBEATZ19
ARMed&Bangin
The_Rowlands
loburbon
Canaan
sanman
bjfails
scionsoloxb
25 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Why do you compete Empty
PostSubject: Why do you compete   Why do you compete Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 8:55 pm

Why do you do this?

For the competition?

For the chicks?

For fun?
Back to top Go down
scionsoloxb
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
scionsoloxb

Number of posts : 4832
Registration date : 2007-06-22

Why do you compete Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why do you compete   Why do you compete Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 9:08 pm

kickercrx wrote:
Why do you do this?----nothing else to do in the midwest

For the competition?---- no

For the chicks?----ya right

For fun?----no
Back to top Go down
bjfails
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
bjfails

Number of posts : 269
Registration date : 2008-10-19

Why do you compete Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why do you compete   Why do you compete Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 9:35 pm

Just for the joy of puttin up with people suh as you all, the drama never is dull Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.hardkoreaudio.com
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

Number of posts : 12087
Registration date : 2007-06-23

Why do you compete Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why do you compete   Why do you compete Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 9:49 pm

to woop that ass in the lanes
Back to top Go down
Canaan
Above Average Contributor
Canaan

Number of posts : 650
Registration date : 2007-07-03

Why do you compete Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why do you compete   Why do you compete Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 9:50 pm

for the beer.
Back to top Go down
loburbon
loburbon

Number of posts : 560
Registration date : 2007-06-30

Why do you compete Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why do you compete   Why do you compete Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 9:55 pm

for the FUN!!!!!! and the money..............oh wait theres no money!!!!!
Back to top Go down
The_Rowlands
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
The_Rowlands

Number of posts : 7398
Registration date : 2007-08-08

Why do you compete Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why do you compete   Why do you compete Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 9:56 pm

to some day ""kick the bucket""
Back to top Go down
ARMed&Bangin
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
ARMed&Bangin

Number of posts : 1010
Registration date : 2007-12-28

Why do you compete Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why do you compete   Why do you compete Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 10:12 pm

I do it to pretend that I'm actually good at something.
Back to top Go down
STREETBEATZ19
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
STREETBEATZ19

Number of posts : 1333
Registration date : 2008-08-07

Why do you compete Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why do you compete   Why do you compete Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 10:20 pm

for the friends and family that we have all become disfunctional and all..lol and to get away from the woman...
Back to top Go down

Why do you compete Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why do you compete   Why do you compete Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 10:39 pm

sanman wrote:

so far this is the only valid reason, notice the question, i said compete, not play with stereos, all that other stuff can be done with out competing
Back to top Go down
Corey J
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
Corey J

Number of posts : 208
Registration date : 2007-06-24

Why do you compete Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why do you compete   Why do you compete Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 10:58 pm

To step on the comp with half ass equiptment !
Back to top Go down
quad box
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
quad box

Number of posts : 1711

Why do you compete Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why do you compete   Why do you compete Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 11:00 pm

To show Posers they are Posers!!! lol!
Back to top Go down

Why do you compete Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why do you compete   Why do you compete Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 11:01 pm

quad box wrote:
To show Posers they are Posers!!! lol!

ummmm, hmmmm santa
Back to top Go down
rd s10
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
rd s10

Number of posts : 2411
Registration date : 2008-06-17

Why do you compete Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why do you compete   Why do you compete Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 11:19 pm

to get with hunters mom Smile
Back to top Go down
The_Rowlands
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
The_Rowlands

Number of posts : 7398
Registration date : 2007-08-08

Why do you compete Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why do you compete   Why do you compete Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 11:26 pm

kickercrx wrote:
sanman wrote:

so far this is the only valid reason, notice the question, i said compete, not play with stereos, all that other stuff can be done with out competing
i said to some day ''kick the bucket''
Back to top Go down
Twisted Image
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Twisted Image

Number of posts : 1111
Registration date : 2007-06-21

Why do you compete Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why do you compete   Why do you compete Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 11:36 pm

its all about the fun, ohhh and the beer
Back to top Go down
Canaan
Canaan

Number of posts : 650
Registration date : 2007-07-03

Why do you compete Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why do you compete   Why do you compete Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 11:40 pm

Twisted Image wrote:
its all about the fun, ohhh and the beer

already said that bounce
Back to top Go down
Twisted Image
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Twisted Image

Number of posts : 1111
Registration date : 2007-06-21

Why do you compete Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why do you compete   Why do you compete Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 11:43 pm

rd s10 wrote:
to get with hunters mom Smile

^also applies to jimbo's mom^
Back to top Go down
AudioAnonymous
AudioAnonymous

Number of posts : 736

Why do you compete Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why do you compete   Why do you compete Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 12:06 am

I do it for personal enjoyment and goals. Always liked playing with stereos, so I just give myself a goal and work at it.
Back to top Go down
cody08
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
cody08

Number of posts : 1674
Registration date : 2009-06-12

Why do you compete Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why do you compete   Why do you compete Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 12:11 am

I don't I just hang out. Maybe next year.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/performanceaudio118
STREETBEATZ19
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
STREETBEATZ19

Number of posts : 1333
Registration date : 2008-08-07

Why do you compete Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why do you compete   Why do you compete Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 2:09 am

to set a goal and whoop that one person that never seen it coming
Back to top Go down
TECH114
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
TECH114

Number of posts : 4748
Registration date : 2007-06-24

Why do you compete Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why do you compete   Why do you compete Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 2:20 am

It's a hobby. Also, set personal goals and the satisfaction of attaining those goals.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/infinitisound
RitcheyRich
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
RitcheyRich

Number of posts : 430
Registration date : 2009-03-25

Why do you compete Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why do you compete   Why do you compete Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 3:59 am

everyone needs a hobby----a time to clear your mind from everyday work . like golf ,baseball, or any other hobby. Plus I like traveling and meeting new people.
And why do you do it ?
and if your going to have a hobby --do the best you can at it just like anything else.
Back to top Go down
Navi
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Navi

Number of posts : 3105
Registration date : 2007-06-25

Why do you compete Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why do you compete   Why do you compete Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 5:14 am

used to be because it was fun and something I enjoy, now Im constantly asking why do I compete (what little I do)
Back to top Go down
coatesleandrew
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
coatesleandrew

Number of posts : 271
Registration date : 2008-04-20

Why do you compete Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why do you compete   Why do you compete Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 6:49 am

well why do some guys race cars? The same question. We alll have differenc hobbies.
Back to top Go down
XFL-Leader
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
XFL-Leader

Number of posts : 320

Why do you compete Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why do you compete   Why do you compete Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 10:00 am

kickercrx wrote:
Why do you do this?

For the competition?

For the chicks?

For fun?

I have realized that I build competition cars to make up for my low self esteem. After being born a poor black child. I had a traumatic experience working at a gas station. A lunatic tried to shoot me . But, he only hit the oil cans. And then I lost my fortune in the Opti-grab class action law suit. I now find myself hiding in the bushes hoping that someone will say something good about my install. Or praise the SPL # it put up. It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. I try not to giggle to loud. They may hear my and find me in the bushes. I will tell you this. One day, when I grow up. I want to be like just like my daddy, Jeff (Sanman) Sanford.
Back to top Go down
Nick
Nick

Number of posts : 676
Registration date : 2007-06-29

Why do you compete Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why do you compete   Why do you compete Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 10:22 am

XFL-Leader wrote:
kickercrx wrote:
Why do you do this?

For the competition?

For the chicks?

For fun?

I have realized that I build competition cars to make up for my low self esteem. After being born a poor black child. I had a traumatic experience working at a gas station. A lunatic tried to shoot me . But, he only hit the oil cans. And then I lost my fortune in the Opti-grab class action law suit. I now find myself hiding in the bushes hoping that someone will say something good about my install. Or praise the SPL # it put up. It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. I try not to giggle to loud. They may hear my and find me in the bushes. I will tell you this. One day, when I grow up. I want to be like just like my daddy, Jeff (Sanman) Sanford.

oh lawddddddddddddddddddd, the jerk...............................Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
Moonie
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Moonie

Number of posts : 1398
Registration date : 2009-02-18

Why do you compete Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why do you compete   Why do you compete Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 10:55 am

Whatelse is there to do in southeastern New Mexico????? and I own a Sterio shop......Maybe thats it??......I like pro football better but im not in the nfl so this is the next best thing!!!
Back to top Go down
loburbon
loburbon

Number of posts : 560

Why do you compete Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why do you compete   Why do you compete Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 10:58 am

kickercrx wrote:
sanman wrote:

how is that they only valid reason? People can compete for fun, and not care if they take a 1st, 2nd or 3rd place. Then people bring up the argument of why pay to compete if you dont care about winning. well why to people pay to go bowling, why do people go pay to race go karts, why do people pay to do anything if they wont win? it's simple, now try not to get confused with such a simple concept that it bypasses your brain, since your brain is busy figuring out internal angles and ohm resistence and battery wiring. you ready, here it comes, FUN FUN FUN. yes i said fun, kumar said it's a hobby, and others have said its a hobby. hobbies are fun. friends can be made, navi can tag jimbo's mom, rob can plug navi's ass to stop the farting. dave can make more videos for sanman. and we can all give quad Dung Pile. what do all these things have in common? fun. but hey what do i know, i'll go crawl back in my corner with my crack pipe and blow up doll and go back to sleep now lol!
Back to top Go down

Why do you compete Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why do you compete   Why do you compete Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 1:29 pm

Why do I compete, to beat that person in my class that is the reason. It seems like everything has been dulled down these days, I don’t have a problem with people coming out just to have fun, if it wasn’t fun I wouldn’t do it either. But rather what I’m getting at is where has all the competition gone, that’s what I miss, we still have competitions every weekend in all parts of the country, yet there is no competition. When you go to finals you’re lucky to have 5 people in your class, and of those 5 people, you’re lucky if 2 of them even put up a number. So where has all the competition gone?

So, my reason I do this is for the competition, which just so happens to be fun, I get to meet new people, I get to drink beer, I get to hang out, etc. all those things you guys listed, even navi and jimbo’s mom. But there is no competition anymore, so with that it takes the fun out of it. Sure I still have fun, but I tell ya what, It would be a hell of a lot more fun if there was more competition out there, not people competing, but people actually putting up a number. I would rather have a strong class with 10-15 heavy hitters all within 1.5 db and take 3rd place then I would to go to finals and win when 10db separates 1st – 3rd. See what I’m getting at here. I’m sure even sanman might agree with that, sure we wanted to win, but we know we worked hard to get that 3rd place when there were 15 people within 1.5db.

And since I’m talking about this stuff I might as well continue my rant. I hear people whining about this or whining about that every day, whether it be on here, at a show, at the shop, or on the phone. I don’t get these people, We might as well institute a new class, we will call it the Third grade T-ball class, It will have all the rules we already have, but the difference will be when you go up and do your run in the lanes we will not disqualify you if you break the rules, we will not tell you your score, won’t put it up on the monitor for anyone to see, and everyone in this class will get a 1st place trophy. The people I’m talking about here are the ones who say they want to be competitive, they want to do this, they want to do that, but they have no money, and they can’t compete with a crx or an s-10. Well I tell you what, these people whine and they say they can’t do this or they can’t do that, but yet they haven’t even tried to get louder with what they have. Why is it when I see one of these people at a show, or on the forum, where ever it may be, and they whine about this or that, why is it that they say they are doing the best they can, why is it that if there doing the best they can and giving it 100% effort that I can look at their car work on it 10 min and gain them 1-2 db without hardly doing anything. Why is that? Did they really give it the effort they claimed or are they just making excuses? Could it be because society is becoming a bunch of whiners and they’ve been taught that everything should be easy, and they should be able to, in our scenario, just drop a prefab box in their Aveo and be a champion. Sorry it doesn’t work that way, there is a difference in people here. If all you have to work with is an Aveo, a Lightning Audio Amp and 2 12’s, I Could give two shits what you have to work with, but actually take the time work with it, make it as loud as you can, build 10 different boxes, don’t whine and complain about it, work with it, that is how you will get my respect, and at the same time I will work with you and get you loud, I don’t care what you want to run, I will help ya out, but don’t take the easy way out and whine about it, take what ya got and actually work with it. Trust me people will take notice and want to help you.

I’ll break it down in simpler terms here, you say CRX’s and S-10’s are loud. Yes I will not deny the fact that they are geared towards this, but I will tell you right here why the loud ones are loud.

Here it goes, here is the big secret here. It’s because the person who has the loud crx or s-10 has built 20-30 boxes for it, tuned each and every one of those boxes 10-12 hours to get the max out of it, they have tested every possible combination of vents, visors, mic location, windows, vents. They have taken each and every panel off of their car, looked for air leakages, tested again to see if it help or hurt the score, they have tested sounddeadener on every panel, the roof, the back wall, the fender, each test individual of the next, changing 1 variable at a time. And all while doing this they have kept a research notebook nearing 1 inch thick about their car, they know what works, and they don’t have to try to memorize everything because it is all written down in there notebook.

Until you have done have this stuff to whatever your working with then don’t complain about why your score isn’t as good as you would like to be.

That is all it takes to be loud, it don’t matter what you drive.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Why do you compete Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why do you compete   Why do you compete Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Why do you compete
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next