Mobile Audio Competitors Organization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LOUDEST SPORT ON EARTH!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Joint Finals a success. USACI numbers down due to very remote (from USACI) location but better than expected. Results posted on web site.
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» STETSOM 7KD
Head to Head Outlaw? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2020 7:37 pm by big bass joel

» any blown stetsom 7kd or 2k6d amps for sale
Head to Head Outlaw? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 7:32 pm by big bass joel

» We need the forums back
Head to Head Outlaw? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 2:41 pm by svillarrial

» THIS OLD FORUM IS ALIVE!!!! 6/14/17
Head to Head Outlaw? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 11:11 pm by 80INCHES

» It's back up !
Head to Head Outlaw? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 7:03 pm by chrisfish

» 2 Atomic apocalypse 12s D4
Head to Head Outlaw? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 12:53 am by supersquirt

» well hello
Head to Head Outlaw? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 5:46 am by TAMU

» WELLLWELLL
Head to Head Outlaw? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 4:24 pm by Nice

» SLAMBOREE AUG 1 & 2
Head to Head Outlaw? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 12:14 pm by Pro_Mom

Top posters
sanman
Head to Head Outlaw? Vote_lcapHead to Head Outlaw? Voting_barHead to Head Outlaw? Vote_rcap 
The_Rowlands
Head to Head Outlaw? Vote_lcapHead to Head Outlaw? Voting_barHead to Head Outlaw? Vote_rcap 
chrisfish
Stingraysevenout
scionsoloxb
TECH114
Alan
supadave
Moparbass28
Navi
Statistics
We have 1855 registered users
The newest registered user is Farenheit

Our users have posted a total of 222582 messages in 12665 subjects
Keywords
louisiana 2010 songs silence quad pics build Audiopipe records Johncarr kyle 80inches broken finals world contest disc chef stereo crank crzyblondgrl dollar globe drive record state
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of United States Autosound Competition International on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Mobile Audio Competitors Organization on your social bookmarking website

Head to Head Outlaw?

Go down 
+7
emperorjj1
cavi_in_kc
Gabe Sanchez
idbl_fanatic
Crash
loburbon
PhatSam
11 posters
AuthorMessage

Head to Head Outlaw? Empty
PostSubject: Head to Head Outlaw?   Head to Head Outlaw? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2007 12:22 am

myself and a few others have been throwing around this idea.

It would be a cross between Usaci Outlaw, Usaci Street Beat, Drag and Bass Race.

This is how it would work -

You would qualify just like normal for Outlaw SPL. ( 2 runs etc. ). This score would be your normal Outlaw score.

Then just for fun, we would take certain competitors based upon their qualifing Outlaw score and put them into a class to compete head to head.

The classes would be 140-144.9, 145-149.9, 150-154.9, 155+. Same style as Usaci, doors/windows open. Sensor in globe.

Now, lets say your normal Outlaw SPL score is a 148dB. You would be put into the 145-149.9 class. You would compete head to head against others that had a normal Outlaw SPL score between 145-149.9dB.

Now, here is the tricky part. During eliminations when you compete head to head, you have to do it street beat style. Thats right, you must play music and your score is now averaged instead of max.

So, you may have an Outlaw score of a 148dB and another guy might have an Outlaw score of 146dB, but he might be able to average w/music a 144dB while you picked a crappy song and could only do a 142dB. The other guy would win and move onto the next round against other people who's peak SPL Outlaw was between 145-149.9dB

So the winner would be the person who could do it all and have the all out SPL system. A system that would burp loud and play music loud.

Opinions? Questions?

We are thinking about doing this format in Topeka at the 2X in Sept if anyone is interested.
Back to top Go down
PhatSam
Above Average Contributor
PhatSam

Number of posts : 628
Registration date : 2007-06-24

PostSubject: Re: Head to Head Outlaw?   Head to Head Outlaw? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2007 12:26 am

makes us have to rethink our sytem cause of some vehicle burping in 70s would only smoke our subs.

But sounds real fun
Back to top Go down
loburbon
loburbon

Number of posts : 560
Registration date : 2007-06-30

PostSubject: Re: Head to Head Outlaw?   Head to Head Outlaw? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2007 12:31 am

that sounds like a good idea, i for one would compete in that
Back to top Go down
Crash
Crash

Number of posts : 782

PostSubject: Re: Head to Head Outlaw?   Head to Head Outlaw? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2007 12:51 am

That sounds awesome.
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/christopherjeffery
idbl_fanatic
idbl_fanatic

Number of posts : 629
Registration date : 2007-06-22

PostSubject: Re: Head to Head Outlaw?   Head to Head Outlaw? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2007 1:05 am

Damn it Steve, stop trying to bring your dBdrag crap into USACi Shocked Wink
Back to top Go down
Gabe Sanchez
Gabe Sanchez

Number of posts : 666
Registration date : 2007-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Head to Head Outlaw?   Head to Head Outlaw? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2007 1:34 am

Not trying to play devils advocate here but ... I, along with the rest of my team sand bag like a mo fo' ... so what would be in place to stop us from winning a lower division by sand bagging into a lower one?

Don't flame on me here ... just asking a question to get input. I like the idea, I just want to see what would stop people like us.
Back to top Go down
cavi_in_kc

Number of posts : 929

PostSubject: Re: Head to Head Outlaw?   Head to Head Outlaw? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2007 1:35 am

Gabe Sanchez wrote:
so what would be in place to stop us from winning a lower division by sand bagging into a lower one?
I like the idea myself, but that was actually the first thought that popped into my head.
Back to top Go down
loburbon
loburbon

Number of posts : 560
Registration date : 2007-06-30

PostSubject: Re: Head to Head Outlaw?   Head to Head Outlaw? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2007 1:39 am

Gabe Sanchez wrote:
Not trying to play devils advocate here but ... I, along with the rest of my team sand bag like a mo fo' ... so what would be in place to stop us from winning a lower division by sand bagging into a lower one?

Don't flame on me here ... just asking a question to get input. I like the idea, I just want to see what would stop people like us.

well that would just suck balls, something like this should be done for the people who run their poop all out to get the scores they got i.e newbies to the game like me for example, i know i'm not the only one out their who has to run it all to get a good score. maybe one day i'll be able to sandbag just to mess with people and make them think they got something then crush like go home little one go home geek but i do think thats a good point about sandbaggin while it sucks at least your not teabaggin rendeer
Back to top Go down
emperorjj1
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
emperorjj1

Number of posts : 416

PostSubject: Re: Head to Head Outlaw?   Head to Head Outlaw? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2007 1:42 am

id be down to try it but i think that would be hard to try and figure out... rules would be hard as well.

only problem i may forsee with that is people might get a really good streat beat system burp it rather quietly and take the lower classes easily.

Just throwing ideas out there would it be better or more so efficent if instead of adding the dbdrag part of it you were to do the 2 spl runs followed by 1 or 2 we runs of streetbeat and the 2 scores averaged? That way its more so all out spl and less tuning. The way i see it a person with a system that maxes at 150db shouldnt have to turn down his gain, volume or whatever to win a title (especially if you call it the all out spl champ) in the lower class but it should be all out where 150db is better then 149.9 I dont mean to be an Gluteus Maximus but what i sorta see there is a bass race setup that has a tricky qualifying round that people with termlabs will learn to adjust their spl round volume to get into their final category of choice.
Back to top Go down
TECH114
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
TECH114

Number of posts : 4748

PostSubject: Re: Head to Head Outlaw?   Head to Head Outlaw? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2007 1:49 am

Is this a modified version of Brand X, u are trying to introduce to USACi? People will have to go and spend more money to build. Their system is set up for spl, Just a single test tone. Now u have to look for equipment that will do go both ways. This will be at a sacrafice for high SPL. Good idea but I don't think it will work
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/infinitisound
Crash
Crash

PostSubject: Re: Head to Head Outlaw?   Head to Head Outlaw? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2007 1:55 am

you would have to bumb people up a class if they went over the top in that class. Just like if you are to loud for the bracket you where put in you move up to that bracket or are DQED because you sandbagged to much and got to loud for that class. Do it liek they do on pinks all out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Head to Head Outlaw?   Head to Head Outlaw? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2007 2:18 am

We would take their normal Outlaw SPL score. If you sandbagged during it .. you might get 3rd or 4th place and loose those needed points just to win something fun on the side.

I don't see anyone sandbagging for a side venue that involved no points. You wouldn't qualify for this format. We would take your normal Outlaw SPL score for this.

Tech114 - This is a side venue, an idea, something different. Wouldn't have to compete if you didn't want too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Head to Head Outlaw?   Head to Head Outlaw? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2007 2:20 am

Crash wrote:
you would have to bumb people up a class if they went over the top in that class. Just like if you are to loud for the bracket you where put in you move up to that bracket or are DQED because you sandbagged to much and got to loud for that class. Do it liek they do on pinks all out.

Most people wont street beat that much louder than their outlaw spl score. besides, if this involved no points why would some jepordize loosing in Outlaw SPL just to win this?
Back to top Go down
Crash
Crash

PostSubject: Re: Head to Head Outlaw?   Head to Head Outlaw? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2007 2:21 am

I thought you where doing two runs. one SPL outalw. and then quliafy for this.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Head to Head Outlaw?   Head to Head Outlaw? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2007 2:22 am

TECH114 wrote:
Is this a modified version of Brand X, u are trying to introduce to USACi? People will have to go and spend more money to build. Their system is set up for spl, Just a single test tone. Now u have to look for equipment that will do go both ways. This will be at a sacrafice for high SPL. Good idea but I don't think it will work

Not a modififed version of anything. If this is just for fun and no points would be gathered, people would not "build" for this. Besides, wouldnt' someone like to have a TRUE system in their vehicle that sounds good with music and also gets loud? It doesn't have to "work". If it sounds like something fun to do, then people can do it, or not.
Back to top Go down
PhatSam
PhatSam

PostSubject: Re: Head to Head Outlaw?   Head to Head Outlaw? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2007 2:23 am

Gabe Sanchez wrote:

This is where the Bass Race kicks in. U may sand bag a lil, but the avg. is lets say 140-149.9. Your true burp is a 55-56, but u sand bag to a 42 so you get n the lower class. Well now u have to sb and stay in avg or u bust and lose.

This is a cool Idea. Yes spl will be sacrificed, but the question I have is how many have got in this sport doin a 1 note wonder? Most of started wit our sb setups and graudally wanted the loudest. Then the the one note wonders came on because well that was the way to be competitive with the other established vets.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Head to Head Outlaw?   Head to Head Outlaw? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2007 2:28 am

Crash wrote:
I thought you where doing two runs. one SPL outalw. and then quliafy for this.

oh no ...

I would do this in conjunction with a normal Usaci Outlaw SPL event. You know, where you get 2 runs and they keep the higher of the 2 scores.

Lets say you did a 148 in your outlaw run. If you wanted to compete for fun in this, we would take your 148 and put you into the 145-149.9 class.

Lets say at 2pm we would have people compete head to head. We would look to see who all had scores between 145-149.9 and take the top 8 of those to compete in this. No qualifying for this. Would use your Outlaw score.

During head to head, you would play music averaged. The louder person playing music averaged would win and advance to semi finals. ( if there were 8 in the class that wanted to do this ).

The loudest guy ( Outlaw score ) of the show may not win, the person that can go 3 rounds playing music averaged consistantly will.

In the 145-149.9 class you might have stock, pro stock and mod vehicles of all the power classes in it. All have about the same peak Outlaw score, but of them, who can play music the loudest the most consistant. Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Head to Head Outlaw?   Head to Head Outlaw? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2007 2:32 am

PhatSam wrote:
Gabe Sanchez wrote:

This is where the Bass Race kicks in. U may sand bag a lil, but the avg. is lets say 140-149.9. Your true burp is a 55-56, but u sand bag to a 42 so you get n the lower class. Well now u have to sb and stay in avg or u bust and lose.

This is a cool Idea. Yes spl will be sacrificed, but the question I have is how many have got in this sport doin a 1 note wonder? Most of started wit our sb setups and graudally wanted the loudest. Then the the one note wonders came on because well that was the way to be competitive with the other established vets.

no, there would not be a bust out crap Sam. If you burped a 148 during your Outlaw run, got into the 145-149.9 class ( this means your peak Outlaw SPL run was in this range ) and you did a 152.4 average spl, that is fine. Its about being as loud as you can not holding back Smile If someone sandbagged during their Outlaw SPL run, then they will get less points at the show, smaller trophy and get beat by a newb! Now, who's going to do all that just for a side venue.
Back to top Go down
PhatSam
PhatSam

PostSubject: Re: Head to Head Outlaw?   Head to Head Outlaw? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2007 2:38 am

cool.Still sounds good to me. I up for tryin somethin new
Back to top Go down
emperorjj1
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
emperorjj1

PostSubject: Re: Head to Head Outlaw?   Head to Head Outlaw? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2007 2:41 am

hmm maybe i was a lil off but i thought you were suggesting a new type of competition class for USACI to pick up... If its not so then sure do whatever you want because 99% of usac members or non members but competitors wont ever know or hear about this. but if your suggesting a new competition type for people to actually compete in then your going to have to iron out the problems and probably change how closely related to bass race it is.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Head to Head Outlaw?   Head to Head Outlaw? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2007 2:44 am

actualy, no. wouldn't have to change a thing. Not asking Usaci to pick anything up at all. I will try and do this at the rest of my Usaci shows for those that want to play and screw off. I basically am just laying out the format/platform. Those that want to attend my upcoming shows can choose to participate or not.
Back to top Go down
emperorjj1
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
emperorjj1

PostSubject: Re: Head to Head Outlaw?   Head to Head Outlaw? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2007 2:50 am

oh cool... too bad im to far away to participate. I was just thinking there would be problems once you start with points and trophys but since its more like a just for fun and such thing then it does sound like it would be nice to try
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Head to Head Outlaw?   Head to Head Outlaw? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2007 2:53 am

emperorjj1 wrote:
oh cool... too bad im to far away to participate. I was just thinking there would be problems once you start with points and trophys but since its more like a just for fun and such thing then it does sound like it would be nice to try

exactly, instead of waiting around for trophies for hours, this would give you something else to do. I tried something similiar to this awhile back. The higher SPL guys averaged less w/ music than the lower SPL guys. I guess they didn't want to go all out for fear of breaking stuff Smile
Back to top Go down
dbracer79
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
dbracer79

Number of posts : 1086
Registration date : 2007-06-28

PostSubject: Re: Head to Head Outlaw?   Head to Head Outlaw? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2007 6:51 am

Sounds almost like Dbdrag. The other factor that comes in play here is that most competitors have subs that can play that 1 note for about 5-10 seconds. How long will U play a song on this new format? In my opinion if I play a 30 second song fully blasted, I'm afraid that i'll fry up my equipment. But like U said it's only if U want to on the side of the real show.
Back to top Go down
Navi
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Navi

Number of posts : 3105
Registration date : 2007-06-25

PostSubject: Re: Head to Head Outlaw?   Head to Head Outlaw? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2007 9:49 am

can i get a beer between my two runs?
Back to top Go down
Gabe Sanchez
Gabe Sanchez

Number of posts : 666

PostSubject: Re: Head to Head Outlaw?   Head to Head Outlaw? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2007 12:14 pm

dBSteve wrote:
We would take their normal Outlaw SPL score. If you sandbagged during it .. you might get 3rd or 4th place and loose those needed points just to win something fun on the side.

I don't see anyone sandbagging for a side venue that involved no points. You wouldn't qualify for this format. We would take your normal Outlaw SPL score for this.

Tech114 - This is a side venue, an idea, something different. Wouldn't have to compete if you didn't want too.

In my area, we can sandbag into the 40's and still take first in each of the classes. There is no need to put any big number up on our part out here.

As far as Bace Race style reading after that ... doesn't that defeat the purpose of this being USACi?
Back to top Go down
JLG Entertainment
Admin
Admin
JLG Entertainment

Registration date : 2007-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Head to Head Outlaw?   Head to Head Outlaw? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2007 4:34 pm

not today
Back to top Go down
https://usaci.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Head to Head Outlaw?   Head to Head Outlaw? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Head to Head Outlaw?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Mobile Audio Competitors Organization :: GENERAL DISCUSSION :: General Discussion :: GENERAL SOUND COMPETITION DISCUSSION-
Jump to: