Mobile Audio Competitors Organization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LOUDEST SPORT ON EARTH!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Joint Finals a success. USACI numbers down due to very remote (from USACI) location but better than expected. Results posted on web site.
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» STETSOM 7KD
New person thinking of making a sq car... Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2020 7:37 pm by big bass joel

» any blown stetsom 7kd or 2k6d amps for sale
New person thinking of making a sq car... Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 7:32 pm by big bass joel

» We need the forums back
New person thinking of making a sq car... Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 2:41 pm by svillarrial

» THIS OLD FORUM IS ALIVE!!!! 6/14/17
New person thinking of making a sq car... Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 11:11 pm by 80INCHES

» It's back up !
New person thinking of making a sq car... Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 7:03 pm by chrisfish

» 2 Atomic apocalypse 12s D4
New person thinking of making a sq car... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 12:53 am by supersquirt

» well hello
New person thinking of making a sq car... Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 5:46 am by TAMU

» WELLLWELLL
New person thinking of making a sq car... Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 4:24 pm by Nice

» SLAMBOREE AUG 1 & 2
New person thinking of making a sq car... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 12:14 pm by Pro_Mom

Top posters
sanman
New person thinking of making a sq car... Vote_lcapNew person thinking of making a sq car... Voting_barNew person thinking of making a sq car... Vote_rcap 
The_Rowlands
New person thinking of making a sq car... Vote_lcapNew person thinking of making a sq car... Voting_barNew person thinking of making a sq car... Vote_rcap 
chrisfish
Stingraysevenout
scionsoloxb
TECH114
Alan
supadave
Moparbass28
Navi
Statistics
We have 1855 registered users
The newest registered user is Farenheit

Our users have posted a total of 222582 messages in 12665 subjects
Keywords
crank globe pics world finals build 80inches Johncarr louisiana kyle dollar quad contest record broken disc chef crzyblondgrl stereo drive 2010 songs state silence records Audiopipe
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of United States Autosound Competition International on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Mobile Audio Competitors Organization on your social bookmarking website

New person thinking of making a sq car...

Go down 
+8
tijuana_no
TeamCobra1
emperorjj1
jsketoe
dts LSC
OnYrMrk
jayhawkblk
FUZ-T.C.C.
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
FUZ-T.C.C.
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
FUZ-T.C.C.

Number of posts : 1433
Registration date : 2009-05-06

New person thinking of making a sq car... Empty
PostSubject: New person thinking of making a sq car...   New person thinking of making a sq car... Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 9:56 am

I have been a spl competitor for about 2 yrs now and was wondering what it intails to have a competitive sq car, Have an 07 tib thinking of starting.Any sugestions?
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/trinitycarclub
jayhawkblk
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
jayhawkblk

Number of posts : 331
Registration date : 2007-06-28

PostSubject: Re: New person thinking of making a sq car...   New person thinking of making a sq car... Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 5:47 pm

First read the rules for SQ.

Then think about what you want to accomplish

If you have not had the chance listen to some sq cars to get an idea.

Think about budget and what you are willing to spend or can spend.

Then think about equipment when you have set a budget

you can then email me and I will help you as much as possible since I am somewhat local to you.
Back to top Go down
jayhawkblk
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
jayhawkblk

PostSubject: Re: New person thinking of making a sq car...   New person thinking of making a sq car... Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 5:47 pm

Oh and welcome to the Dark Side!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
OnYrMrk
Above Average Contributor
OnYrMrk

Number of posts : 893
Registration date : 2007-11-04

PostSubject: Re: New person thinking of making a sq car...   New person thinking of making a sq car... Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 6:48 pm

You should listen to this guy, he know...oh yes, he knows...
Back to top Go down
http://www.scentsy.com/wallis
dts LSC
dts LSC

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2009-04-16

PostSubject: Re: New person thinking of making a sq car...   New person thinking of making a sq car... Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 8:11 pm

By joining your new team, you can get alot of competition knowledge quickly which will make you a better competitor overall.

Having team members by your side will also help you save time and money specially when you begin working on your SQ setup.

As far as the competitive SQ goes, get your 'SQ' feet wet by entering one of Usacis "Q" class. You can do this even before you change anything in the Tiburon.

In the "Q" class, you will not be judged on installation. You will be judged on sound only. The knowledge you get from the SQ judges' opinion will go a long way in designing your sound system as sound is judged subjectively.

As a Usaci veteran, you can also talk to other SQ competitors at a show to get their opinions on their systems as it applies to yours.

Installation, on the other hand, is judged objectively. Do what Marquis Weaver said. Read the SQ rules. If you install your system as stated by the rules, you will be a winner. Once your installation is complete, move up to a higher SQ class.

To read-up on a related topic, see the post 'el paso sq' authored by emperorjj1 here in the Sound Quality forum.

Welcome to Sound Quality!
Back to top Go down
FUZ-T.C.C.
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
FUZ-T.C.C.

PostSubject: Re: New person thinking of making a sq car...   New person thinking of making a sq car... Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 8:50 pm

Thanks guys, Its actually my friends car but since im a member im mentoring her on this. She was introduced to usaci this year.So im gathering up as much info on this as possible.I do know sq is more challenging than us spl guys.And it takes more time and money too. But i will get with her on all this and ill get back with our ideas for the build.
Back to top Go down
FUZ-T.C.C.
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
FUZ-T.C.C.

PostSubject: Re: New person thinking of making a sq car...   New person thinking of making a sq car... Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 8:51 pm

But does anyone recomend 1 or 2 subs?
Back to top Go down
OnYrMrk
OnYrMrk

PostSubject: Re: New person thinking of making a sq car...   New person thinking of making a sq car... Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 9:32 pm

I have always ran 1 sub in my setups.

but I would say it is preference only.

think of buying one sub, and you save some money for better components or installation costs.
Back to top Go down
FUZ-T.C.C.
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
FUZ-T.C.C.

PostSubject: Re: New person thinking of making a sq car...   New person thinking of making a sq car... Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 9:37 pm

Ok we will,Install is next to nothing we are sponsored! But yes so 1 12 or 1 10?
Back to top Go down
OnYrMrk
OnYrMrk

PostSubject: Re: New person thinking of making a sq car...   New person thinking of making a sq car... Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 10:01 pm

again, personal preference. I run a 13" sub, so I am biased.

Also I am running 10" midbass drivers up front. So I would state preference, but one 12 should do you justice.
Back to top Go down
jsketoe
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

Number of posts : 1587
Registration date : 2007-06-23

PostSubject: Re: New person thinking of making a sq car...   New person thinking of making a sq car... Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 10:01 pm

Intro Pro or Intermediate Pro are the rules for you to read then.
Man...if we'd just bring SPL back into SQ...
Back to top Go down
emperorjj1
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
emperorjj1

Number of posts : 416
Registration date : 2007-06-26

PostSubject: Re: New person thinking of making a sq car...   New person thinking of making a sq car... Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 8:42 am

lol from what ive read here alot of people disagree... but i just thought of this in my delusional state this early in the morning. what about peak SPL from 20-30hz I'm not sure if you could set a range on the TL but that would eliminate almost all your burp setups. I dont know its sounding more retarded the longer i think about it or possibly the more i wake up but whatever

what all do you have substage wise?
Back to top Go down
dts LSC
dts LSC

PostSubject: Re: New person thinking of making a sq car...   New person thinking of making a sq car... Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 3:35 pm

Joe

You are running a single 13" sealed, ported or freeair ?

and a pair of 10"s?

Where did you put those 10"s ? Those should sound nice to balance your frontstage.

I am going with 15s in freeair no problems with a huge trunk.
Back to top Go down
OnYrMrk
OnYrMrk

PostSubject: Re: New person thinking of making a sq car...   New person thinking of making a sq car... Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 3:59 pm

13" is sealed, and the 10's we are going to try and mount in the kicks, if not, we will have to glass some enclosures on the doors.
Back to top Go down
TeamCobra1
TeamCobra1

Number of posts : 593
Registration date : 2007-08-17

PostSubject: Re: New person thinking of making a sq car...   New person thinking of making a sq car... Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 4:06 pm

I drove a mustake to work today....I don't think 10s will work....sound or install
Back to top Go down
OnYrMrk
OnYrMrk

PostSubject: Re: New person thinking of making a sq car...   New person thinking of making a sq car... Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 4:50 pm

thanks for the vote of confidence Mickey...what year was the car?
Back to top Go down
TeamCobra1
TeamCobra1

PostSubject: Re: New person thinking of making a sq car...   New person thinking of making a sq car... Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 5:52 pm

im not trying to be a buzz kill...the 04 im in has a somewhat bulky dash and console....im not saying the 10s couldn't fit I just think it would be ugly ass hell....and as far as sound if the shape of your car is even close to this one I believe that u may be biting off more thn you can chew.... a lot of obstacles ....but good luck dude I wish you the best

I hope you prove me wrong and it turns out really cool
Back to top Go down
TeamCobra1
TeamCobra1

PostSubject: Re: New person thinking of making a sq car...   New person thinking of making a sq car... Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 5:53 pm

its only my opinion and you know what they say about those
Back to top Go down
OnYrMrk
OnYrMrk

PostSubject: Re: New person thinking of making a sq car...   New person thinking of making a sq car... Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 6:27 pm

don't sweat it Mickey...you are still my friend!
Back to top Go down
dts LSC
dts LSC

PostSubject: Re: New person thinking of making a sq car...   New person thinking of making a sq car... Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 10:12 pm

I, too, want to see you pull it off Joe.
I know what Mickey is talking about but with the talent you're working with, I don't doubt you all will find the right solution.

Got any pix of your current install?
Back to top Go down
OnYrMrk
OnYrMrk

PostSubject: Re: New person thinking of making a sq car...   New person thinking of making a sq car... Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 10:46 pm

totally stock currently. This will be the first stereo this car has had.
Back to top Go down
TeamCobra1
TeamCobra1

PostSubject: Re: New person thinking of making a sq car...   New person thinking of making a sq car... Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 11:40 pm

just don't stay stuck on one idea...be open minded....the car will turn out great with the help of others....
Back to top Go down
tijuana_no
tijuana_no

Number of posts : 709
Registration date : 2007-09-12

PostSubject: Re: New person thinking of making a sq car...   New person thinking of making a sq car... Icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 12:02 am

i think joe , has done a lot of home work on this one and will surprise a few and yes he is open minded . you can tell , because he always has an option . it would not surprise me if he end up with the 10's in the doors or if he changes to 8's , but i can see his point on tying to go in the kicks first.
Back to top Go down
OnYrMrk
OnYrMrk

PostSubject: Re: New person thinking of making a sq car...   New person thinking of making a sq car... Icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 6:51 am

Ruperto,

thanks for the props. I have been thinking over my possibilities, and when and if we cannot put the MW182's in the kicks, I have even thrown around the idea of running the MW182's as my subs and taking the Focal out of the mix altogether.

I do have alot of talent working with me on this car, and I welcome anyone else who wants to throw input in too.

Mickey you are always welcome at my home, so if you want to road trip to OKC, I can guarantee you beer and steak and a bed to rest on.

I look forward to this season. It is a new car, a new outlook, possibly even a new success.

My only regret is that we stole the OP's thread.

Back to the discussion at hand.
Back to top Go down
ElectricTuscani
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
ElectricTuscani

Number of posts : 78
Registration date : 2009-05-14

PostSubject: Re: New person thinking of making a sq car...   New person thinking of making a sq car... Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 7:47 am

Hello all and that she is me and I am excited to challenge myself in sq and want to thank you all for helping and giving tips.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/maries_photography
FUZ-T.C.C.
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
FUZ-T.C.C.

PostSubject: Re: New person thinking of making a sq car...   New person thinking of making a sq car... Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 9:37 am

Hello there shawna!
Back to top Go down
OnYrMrk
OnYrMrk

PostSubject: Re: New person thinking of making a sq car...   New person thinking of making a sq car... Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 10:33 am

so Shawna, since you are sponsored, you may have to compete in Intro-Pro...

just something to think about. Especially if it is a full sponsorship.
Back to top Go down
emperorjj1
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
emperorjj1

Number of posts : 416
Registration date : 2007-06-26

PostSubject: Re: New person thinking of making a sq car...   New person thinking of making a sq car... Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 8:05 pm

just pay attention to the install rules
Back to top Go down
FUZ-T.C.C.
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
FUZ-T.C.C.

PostSubject: Re: New person thinking of making a sq car...   New person thinking of making a sq car... Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 8:28 pm

It is not a full sponsorship, Whatever class it puts her in... but this is our deal.We get intire installs at no cost to us. Not all the team has equiptment from our sponsor,We accrued our equipt before we started a sponsorship.What I(the president of the car club) agreed on is our club will compete and promote our friends buisness for the exchange of installs and entry fees.Thats pretty much our deal.I guess its a partial So whatever that means...
Back to top Go down
jayhawkblk
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
jayhawkblk

PostSubject: Re: New person thinking of making a sq car...   New person thinking of making a sq car... Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 9:57 pm

what shop you using?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New person thinking of making a sq car...   New person thinking of making a sq car... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New person thinking of making a sq car...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next