Mobile Audio Competitors Organization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LOUDEST SPORT ON EARTH!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Joint Finals a success. USACI numbers down due to very remote (from USACI) location but better than expected. Results posted on web site.
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» STETSOM 7KD
Getting back into the game.. Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2020 7:37 pm by big bass joel

» any blown stetsom 7kd or 2k6d amps for sale
Getting back into the game.. Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 7:32 pm by big bass joel

» We need the forums back
Getting back into the game.. Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 2:41 pm by svillarrial

» THIS OLD FORUM IS ALIVE!!!! 6/14/17
Getting back into the game.. Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 11:11 pm by 80INCHES

» It's back up !
Getting back into the game.. Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 7:03 pm by chrisfish

» 2 Atomic apocalypse 12s D4
Getting back into the game.. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 12:53 am by supersquirt

» well hello
Getting back into the game.. Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 5:46 am by TAMU

» WELLLWELLL
Getting back into the game.. Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 4:24 pm by Nice

» SLAMBOREE AUG 1 & 2
Getting back into the game.. Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 12:14 pm by Pro_Mom

Top posters
sanman
Getting back into the game.. Vote_lcapGetting back into the game.. Voting_barGetting back into the game.. Vote_rcap 
The_Rowlands
Getting back into the game.. Vote_lcapGetting back into the game.. Voting_barGetting back into the game.. Vote_rcap 
chrisfish
Stingraysevenout
scionsoloxb
TECH114
Alan
supadave
Moparbass28
Navi
Statistics
We have 1855 registered users
The newest registered user is Farenheit

Our users have posted a total of 222582 messages in 12665 subjects
Keywords
songs build pics crank 80inches chef world quad records Johncarr state globe dollar 2010 Audiopipe disc stereo finals broken drive record crzyblondgrl contest louisiana silence kyle
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of United States Autosound Competition International on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Mobile Audio Competitors Organization on your social bookmarking website

Getting back into the game..

Go down 
+4
rd s10
aphinney
ranger02
twentyhurtz
8 posters
AuthorMessage
twentyhurtz
Above Average Contributor
twentyhurtz

Number of posts : 914
Registration date : 2008-09-29

Getting back into the game.. Empty
PostSubject: Getting back into the game..   Getting back into the game.. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 1:58 pm

sup guys, i haven't competed in usaci sinc 2004, or 2005, and i been into racing but quiting that and getting back to my first love, SPL!
Anyways i see there are alot of changes as usualy since i been gone, rules/classes have changed, new brands (cactus?) new one on me, wasn't around or at least i don't remember it when i competed.

So i guess i'm gonna shoot for the Stock 0-600 class, i used to compete in Prostock 0-1000 and mod 0-300, and i was told then once you go pro you never go back, but apparently the rules now state if you have exceeded over 1 year from qualifying as pro you can go back to a stock class Smile.
So i guess i'm looking for a good 0-600 amp, i gotta get back into the groove of reclassed amps, etc etc..
I was looking at this amp though, any comments on it?
Concept cd2410? 600w x1 rms@ 4ohm and 2410w x 1 rms@ 1ohm

Or i may just go back with crossfire or memphis, but what sucks is that memphis 2500.1 is 625w x 1@4ohms, BLAH! i had the old mojo 2000d and could get by with it.
So i may just try the crossfire vra2000d because its only 500w x1 rms@4ohm,
does anyone have any recommendations for a good 0-600 amp?
Back to top Go down
ranger02
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor

Number of posts : 93
Registration date : 2007-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Getting back into the game..   Getting back into the game.. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 3:22 pm

ab 200.1, Cactus PF 600.1, and I think its the RD 5.0
Back to top Go down
twentyhurtz
twentyhurtz

PostSubject: Re: Getting back into the game..   Getting back into the game.. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 3:28 pm

american bass 200.1, whats the 4ohm rating on that amp?
Back to top Go down
aphinney
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
aphinney

Number of posts : 1305
Registration date : 2007-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Getting back into the game..   Getting back into the game.. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 4:06 pm

Back to top Go down
twentyhurtz
twentyhurtz

PostSubject: Re: Getting back into the game..   Getting back into the game.. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 4:10 pm

nice, i looked at the amp, supposedly draws like 300 amps, i guess its power hungry like the old usamps
Back to top Go down
rd s10
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
rd s10

Number of posts : 2411
Registration date : 2008-06-17

PostSubject: Re: Getting back into the game..   Getting back into the game.. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 5:07 pm

top amps in that class r rd d5 and the cactus
Back to top Go down
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

Number of posts : 12087

PostSubject: Re: Getting back into the game..   Getting back into the game.. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 6:33 pm

yo man cactus pf600.1/rd d6/dd m3 is the tops for this class
Back to top Go down
twentyhurtz
twentyhurtz

PostSubject: Re: Getting back into the game..   Getting back into the game.. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 7:13 pm

i will have to do some research on the cactus and rd- saw a rd crx at a show in jackson, ms last fall, thats about all i know about them, and the dd m3, i remember it when it came out, was very hard to get...
Back to top Go down
gameoverstreeta
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
gameoverstreeta

Number of posts : 499
Registration date : 2007-08-03

PostSubject: Re: Getting back into the game..   Getting back into the game.. Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 6:02 am

let me know anythign cactus i can do for u
Back to top Go down
twentyhurtz
twentyhurtz

PostSubject: Re: Getting back into the game..   Getting back into the game.. Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 9:10 am

ok since you offered, can you get me a link to that 600.1? i went to there site and all i saw was a 4kw 7kw and maybe a 5kw? and i never could get the specs to pull up, though i did see where some girl hit 160+ in stock 0-600 with that 600.1, thats insane! yea i wouldn't mind having some specs, idea of retail prices ( even though i usually buy my amps from guys on this site)
Back to top Go down
Moparbass28
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Moparbass28

Number of posts : 3541

PostSubject: Re: Getting back into the game..   Getting back into the game.. Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 9:46 am

Few specs.

Cactus PF600
We at Cactus Sounds are happy to inform that the long a waited Power Fighter Line amps are out. We have started with the PF600, this new baby is a Digital MonoBlock Amplifier. Some spec. Power @ 4ohm : 600W x 1 Input Sensitivity : 0.2V ~ 8V Variable Low Pass Filter : 20 Hz ~ 200 KHz at 24dB/Oct. Subsonic Filter : 10Hz ~ 50 Hz at 24dB/Oct Variable Bass Boost : 0 ~ 9dB @ 45Hz Variable Phase shift : 0 ~ 180 degree Output Master / Input Slave , 2 amps linkable connection to 2 ohms Signal to Noise : 85 dB Damping Factor : 250 < Efficiency @ 4 ohm : 85% < Tested Voltage & THD : 14.4V & 1% THD
Back to top Go down
twentyhurtz
twentyhurtz

PostSubject: Re: Getting back into the game..   Getting back into the game.. Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 10:43 am

Cool thanks guys! whats the manufacturer state the cactus 600 is stable to? i assume this is gonna be one of those amps people burp like .22 ohms on, ha ha..
Back to top Go down
The_Rowlands
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
The_Rowlands

Number of posts : 7398
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Getting back into the game..   Getting back into the game.. Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 11:57 am

lol yep . i think it was tested the other day at.33 on 16v set up and did 8k+
Back to top Go down
twentyhurtz
twentyhurtz

PostSubject: Re: Getting back into the game..   Getting back into the game.. Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 12:01 pm

8k watts? what, and Usaci allows this to be a 0-600 amp? thats ridiculous... i thought they took away all the fun amps when they re configured amps power ratings according to CEA Compliance a few years ago... So there still is cheater amps! thank God!
Back to top Go down
Moparbass28
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Moparbass28

PostSubject: Re: Getting back into the game..   Getting back into the game.. Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 12:02 pm

They calc on 4ohm raeings. What it does at lower loads isn't a concern. LOL
Back to top Go down
twentyhurtz
twentyhurtz

PostSubject: Re: Getting back into the game..   Getting back into the game.. Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 12:13 pm

true, as far as the usaci judge is concerned, if it qualifies, thats good enough, but as far as i'm concerned, i wanna know what the manufacture says it will do at 1ohm...
So is this amp basically like the OLD soundstream sleeping beauty amp where it just does way way more power than its rated for at 4ohms? That amp had ridiculous manufacturing specs
2 x ¼W @ 4 ohms (12.6V)
2 x 100W @ 2 ohms (14.4V)
2 x 250W @ 1 to ¼ ohm (14.4V)
1 x ½W @ 8 ohms bridged (12.6V)
1 x 200W @ 4 ohms bridged (14.4V)
1 x 500W @ 2 to ½ ohms bridged (14.4V)

i have competed using a bunch of different spl subs, my favorite that i had was a RE MT 15 on a mojo 2000d, and i would like to go with a pair of 15" RE SX's this go around and don't want to over power the subs for daily use.. I just want a good idea of about what the full range of the amp is.. per specific ohm load rating..
Back to top Go down
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

Number of posts : 12087

PostSubject: Re: Getting back into the game..   Getting back into the game.. Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 12:54 pm

you have been out way to long and have a ton to catch up on man.

what you use to use wont even cut it in the lower classes now a days
Back to top Go down
twentyhurtz
twentyhurtz

PostSubject: Re: Getting back into the game..   Getting back into the game.. Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 1:19 pm

ha here it should, i looked up the records, the state record here for stock 0-600 is only like 146.x db, that's gonna be super easy.. ha. Yea i have been out, i think the last full season i competed was 04 or 05 and i did one double point event in 06 for fun.. I guess its time to get up to date.. and what the heck,, have HU's just gone to crap the last few years or what?
Back to top Go down
twentyhurtz
twentyhurtz

PostSubject: Re: Getting back into the game..   Getting back into the game.. Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 1:20 pm

ALSO, what happened with this site, did it get reset or something? i used to have about 1000 post and was a member since 2002? Now i'm starting over, thats gay...
Back to top Go down
Moparbass28
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Moparbass28

PostSubject: Re: Getting back into the game..   Getting back into the game.. Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 6:10 pm

The old forum was shutdown due to alot of bs. LOL Like this one almost did at one point. Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Getting back into the game..   Getting back into the game.. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Getting back into the game..
Page 1 of 1