Mobile Audio Competitors Organization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LOUDEST SPORT ON EARTH!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Joint Finals a success. USACI numbers down due to very remote (from USACI) location but better than expected. Results posted on web site.
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» STETSOM 7KD
finals - To get more participation at Finals Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2020 7:37 pm by big bass joel

» any blown stetsom 7kd or 2k6d amps for sale
finals - To get more participation at Finals Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 7:32 pm by big bass joel

» We need the forums back
finals - To get more participation at Finals Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 2:41 pm by svillarrial

» THIS OLD FORUM IS ALIVE!!!! 6/14/17
finals - To get more participation at Finals Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 11:11 pm by 80INCHES

» It's back up !
finals - To get more participation at Finals Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 7:03 pm by chrisfish

» 2 Atomic apocalypse 12s D4
finals - To get more participation at Finals Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 12:53 am by supersquirt

» well hello
finals - To get more participation at Finals Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 5:46 am by TAMU

» WELLLWELLL
finals - To get more participation at Finals Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 4:24 pm by Nice

» SLAMBOREE AUG 1 & 2
finals - To get more participation at Finals Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 12:14 pm by Pro_Mom

Top posters
sanman
finals - To get more participation at Finals Vote_lcapfinals - To get more participation at Finals Voting_barfinals - To get more participation at Finals Vote_rcap 
The_Rowlands
finals - To get more participation at Finals Vote_lcapfinals - To get more participation at Finals Voting_barfinals - To get more participation at Finals Vote_rcap 
chrisfish
Stingraysevenout
scionsoloxb
TECH114
Alan
supadave
Moparbass28
Navi
Statistics
We have 1855 registered users
The newest registered user is Farenheit

Our users have posted a total of 222582 messages in 12665 subjects
Keywords
stereo dollar louisiana pics Johncarr songs silence finals crank contest world disc 80inches record crzyblondgrl quad kyle globe broken drive records Audiopipe 2010 build chef state
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of United States Autosound Competition International on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Mobile Audio Competitors Organization on your social bookmarking website

To get more participation at Finals

Go down 
+12
SoundoffFocus
Jan Bennett
dts LSC
tijuana_no
Scott Buwalda
montyj
Champion
sqmustang
emperorjj1
jkrob21
jsketoe
OnYrMrk
16 posters
AuthorMessage
OnYrMrk
Above Average Contributor
OnYrMrk

Number of posts : 893
Registration date : 2007-11-04

finals - To get more participation at Finals Empty
PostSubject: To get more participation at Finals   finals - To get more participation at Finals Icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 5:57 pm

I was just thinking out loud here at Marquies Weavers, and I was curious what everyone's viewpoint is concerning getting more people involved in SQ Finals.

What if we allowed anyone who qualified for Finals in the last 5 years compete. This would surely fill the lanes and it wouldn't be like we had someone who didn't know how to build a car..they qualified for that year's finals.

This is just a suggestion, but Ralph, if you are listening...please think about it.

Thanks.

What does everyone else think about it. Marquies and I are all for it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.scentsy.com/wallis
jsketoe
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

Number of posts : 1587
Registration date : 2007-06-23

PostSubject: Re: To get more participation at Finals   finals - To get more participation at Finals Icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 6:22 pm

The only thing that would concern me would be event participation leading up to Finals.
I really think this sport needs to quit getting easier. Look at Intermediate...too easy, thus we have a hard time separating the top 3 cars at Finals. Something on the scoresheet needs to get harder in that class. So...an open invitation just continues to make it easy.
Now....we could drop points requirement a bit possibly or open the curve some. The curve has been pretty darn easy in the past few years. I think a former World Finalist could call the home office and work something out easily. May cost more money...but that's irrelavant.

Money brings cars. Period. Heck...I won $300 for winning IASCA. That was real cool...got paid quick too.

Last edited by jsketoe on Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
OnYrMrk
OnYrMrk

PostSubject: Re: To get more participation at Finals   finals - To get more participation at Finals Icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 7:49 pm

now your just showin off...

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
jkrob21
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
jkrob21

Number of posts : 1476
Registration date : 2007-06-25

PostSubject: Re: To get more participation at Finals   finals - To get more participation at Finals Icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 12:49 am

Hmm...
Back to top Go down
emperorjj1
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
emperorjj1

Number of posts : 416
Registration date : 2007-06-26

PostSubject: Re: To get more participation at Finals   finals - To get more participation at Finals Icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 2:49 am

dont u qualify for finals in SQ if you go to a single event throughout the year?
Back to top Go down
OnYrMrk
OnYrMrk

PostSubject: Re: To get more participation at Finals   finals - To get more participation at Finals Icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 9:19 am

normally, you have to have a certain amount of points to get an invite, and/or win a regional event.

there are some regional events/3x shows that place the top 3 in the finals. so I would check those out too.
Back to top Go down
jsketoe
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

PostSubject: Re: To get more participation at Finals   finals - To get more participation at Finals Icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 10:03 am

Joe...man, I think it falls back to the manufacturers and retailers to get participation. Then, it falls to the orgs to hook em and keep em. I may change my mind...but this is how I feel currently. LOL
Back to top Go down
sqmustang
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
sqmustang

Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2007-07-13

PostSubject: Re: To get more participation at Finals   finals - To get more participation at Finals Icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 11:23 am

i agree with sketoe
Back to top Go down
Champion
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor

Number of posts : 384
Registration date : 2009-03-19

PostSubject: Re: To get more participation at Finals   finals - To get more participation at Finals Icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 12:52 pm

Joe...man, I think it falls back to the manufacturers and retailers to get participation. Then, it falls to the orgs to hook em and keep em. I may change my mind...but this is how I feel currently. LOL

I dont quite understand,, what do you mean, and give ma a few examples.....

It isnt the manufactures initiative to get people into the orgs competition lanes..... There was a time when the manuafactures ran IASCA, once the industry got pretty much developed, then they didnt see a need to continue, amoungst many other political reasons......

There once was a time when USACi had all manufactures in attendance.... but their come a point in every companys "life" where they have to evaluate there marketing plan and see if there is enough ROI to continue with that particular game plan....

There was a time when the manufactures got alot of feedback from the orgs,, such as how many people used certain products, where those people were from, things of that nature, though it may not seem like a big deal,,, it really is .....

If the orgs went away today, it most likely would not change sales a bit, or probably not enought to measure, unfortuantely that is a fact.....

The manufactures responsibility is to support its retailers, that is how sales are driven...

its a hard case to win, if you say competition drives sales, when each year the number of competitors goes down, and the number of shows seem to go down.

Now I truly beleive that car audio competition is a great vehicle to get from small sales to larger sales... you know turn a regular consumer into a competitor.....

But people are not picking up magazines, or researching the internet nd saying,,,, WOW car audio competition,,, hmmm that sounds cool I am gonna spend a small fortune and do this thing...

Their is very little return on that investment as well,,, think about it... a trophy and the right to brag about it here on the orgs forums.......

when consumers see a reason to become a competitor then the lanes will be full again.....

Only the orgs can make that happen... they need to help the retailers do show at no cast to the retailer, supply help to put on the show, so the retailer isnt handicapped on the sales or install during the event... Help the retailer turn consumers into competitors....

what have any of the orgs done to help a retailer turn an cumsumer into a competitor... I am no tbe fnegative with this question,,, I want to know your opnions....

Ok off the soap box.... I beleive in USACi, IASCA and MECA and DB Drag 100 percent...

Making it easierr to qaulify for finals, by giving basically a free trip, by not having a qaulifying procedure is not the solution.... your taking all of the value away when you give something away....

I would double the price of entry fee, and give half back as prize money... I bet it would not keep hardly anyone away. Probably increase attendance as now there is some return on the competitors investment.... My friends think I am absolutely crazy to spend the thousands apon thousands of dollars on my car and I dont win anything but a trophy..... I have to agree lol

ok now im reallly getting off the box that eldridge made for me... LOL
Back to top Go down
OnYrMrk
OnYrMrk

PostSubject: Re: To get more participation at Finals   finals - To get more participation at Finals Icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 1:54 pm

[b]ok now im reallly getting off the box that eldridge made for me... LOL

I have heard of that box. Pate has stood on it many times
Back to top Go down
jsketoe
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

PostSubject: Re: To get more participation at Finals   finals - To get more participation at Finals Icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 9:47 pm

Gary...you speak good thangs man.

Yeah...to elaborate on my opinion. I also think the shops should create and drive competitors...that will trickle down to their friends. I then feel manufacturers should maybe help the shops do large shows (ie Regional or Invitationals or Finals) or simply help by forming and supporting car audio competition Teams. (ala Orca/Focal, JBL, Hybrid Audio, Arc Audio...let's face it, these four Teams had the biggest representation in SQ at USACi and IASCA Finals for SQ. Team support doesn't mean free gear or discounted gear...it can just mean tuning and support help with install or presentations or books or whatever.
How do you reach the diy'ers and help the shops hook new comers or old-farts? That's the organizations job. Money at Finals...I agree higher entry fees and pay something per entry to first in each class. The org's providing proper judging staff is also important (that is getting much better by the way).
How does the org get it's return? Booths...hard to sell, I know...but booths. Competitor entry fee...keep the core you need off the 150 or so we pay now...pay out the rest or increase entry to 300 and pay 150 per car in your class to the winner.

Anyway, I don't have all of the answers nor do I have all of the right ideas...but I will say I also am 100% happy with what is growing and getting better with USACi and IASCA. It makes me feel good when I'm talkign to Ralph or Moe and it's OBVIOUS they both DO care about SQ in the lanes. I don't have a special golden box...but I got a old RF Punch box around here somewhere that I'll stand on anyday and remind me of where I came from in 96 at my first USAC show in Springfield MO where SPL was exactly that and it was simple and SQ dominated the lanes...and that's where I want to see participation get back to but yet use the more refined scoresheets of modern day and include the large number of current SPL guys and give them a reason to do like a few over there and build some nice looking stuff that the crowds see as eye-candy.
Back to top Go down
jsketoe
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

PostSubject: Re: To get more participation at Finals   finals - To get more participation at Finals Icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 9:53 pm

And I will add one more way the manufacturers could get involved...and this could be a great thing for USACi. Walk around the SQ hall at finals and get a list of the Manufacturer Teams...remember those manufacturers, and after Finals call each of those to send a rep to a meeting and revise the rule book. Let's give the manufacturers a hand in polishing something they would want to support. I'm not saying we should make radical changes, I'm saying we go down the book and let them and USACi R&E vote at the meeting. Right then...not later.

I'll put the old box up before it caves in on me. LOL
Back to top Go down
montyj
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
montyj

Number of posts : 135
Registration date : 2007-07-12

PostSubject: Re: To get more participation at Finals   finals - To get more participation at Finals Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 5:38 pm

Ralph is letting anyone that places in a top 3 position at the Texas Summer Showdown qualify for finals. I think doing that at any regional would be a huge help. The more vehicles that make finals, the more likely manufacture support will show.

But getting new competitors is the part that will make it grow. Offering some new beginner classes or changing format to help beginners grow, in my opinon will be the most benifical.

The hard core competitors are going to show up anyway. Its new peeps that will help.
Back to top Go down
http://performanceaudiotexas.com
OnYrMrk
OnYrMrk

PostSubject: Re: To get more participation at Finals   finals - To get more participation at Finals Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 9:01 pm

montyj wrote:
Ralph is letting anyone that places in a top 3 position at the Texas Summer Showdown qualify for finals. I think doing that at any regional would be a huge help. The more vehicles that make finals, the more likely manufacture support will show.

But getting new competitors is the part that will make it grow. Offering some new beginner classes or changing format to help beginners grow, in my opinon will be the most benifical.

The hard core competitors are going to show up anyway. Its new peeps that will help.

I agree totally Monty...thanks for the post! Good stuff!
Back to top Go down
Scott Buwalda

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2008-07-26

PostSubject: Re: To get more participation at Finals   finals - To get more participation at Finals Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 9:46 am

It's a tough sell to manufacturers that don't have it "in their blood" to suppoort organized competition. Look around. The four prominent teams listed above all have old-school competition blood infused in them. It's easy to see why these four teams exist.

Now, for me and Hybrid Audio Technologies, I see a great deal of benefit having a competition team. When people google Hybrid Audio, there's plenty of competition results and "evidence" that support that this brand is "competition proven." It helps internationally as well. But to make a competition team successful involves a significant level of time and intangibles. More time and intangibles than 95% of the manufacturers out there are willing to invest. It's not necessarily the dollars and other tangible items, but rather stuff that is valuable, but can't be purchased.

Some manufacturers in the past have made a half-witted attempt at a competition team (I can name a dozen, and I've be on four or five) by simply handing out product and a pat on the butt for good luck. Most of these teams lasted for a year or two, because the companies weren't seeing the returns they "paid for." I support organized competition because it's in my blood, and invest far more time than money into my competition program. And it's what separates my company from my direct competition, who is notably NOT involved with competition (companies M, D, and H). And I think those guys know what it takes to build a competition program, because of past experience or knoweldge gleened from others mistakes, and know that they can't "compete" on that level with Hybrid Audio. So I have a niche. We all have a niche if we compete or support competitions.

As far as manufacturers growing the organization...it simply isn't our job. HAT is probably the smallest manufacturer out there, and yet I am on nearly everyone's call list when it comes time to buy a booth, be a trophy sponsor, be a product giveaway sponsor, etc. It's terrible of me to even admit this, but I call it car audio charity. But I do it because I love it and believe in it. I get no return having a booth at shows, nor do I get a return being a sponsoring manufacturer. I just recently renwed my MECA membership, mainly because Steve Stern is cutting me a deal, and that check is nothing more than car audio charity. No, I support competition by brining cars to shows. I support car audio competition by getting new rookies into the lanes, and bringing old timers back to compete. It's the best I can do as a little guy, and I will continue to do it.

Scott
Back to top Go down
tijuana_no
tijuana_no

Number of posts : 709
Registration date : 2007-09-12

PostSubject: Re: To get more participation at Finals   finals - To get more participation at Finals Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 12:25 am

i beleive that the best thing to bring people into the lanes .......is for the most expirance comperitors to show up to more shows and pay more attention to the new blood . i have notice that people that brings a decent car and gets attention by the most bigger names , the competitor comes back.
but , i understand that is hard for everyone to attend more shows and know that there might be a small turn around .
but, there has been good shows lattly rick sellers show and tulsa last year and tyler this year and rick's again.we might need to bring the amount of big sq show's a year .
i notice in another post where the idea of money came up , well maybe this kind of shows be good to charge more and give prices to the top comperitors.
but, thats my 2 cents from another little people.
Back to top Go down
dts LSC
dts LSC

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2009-04-16

PostSubject: Re: To get more participation at Finals   finals - To get more participation at Finals Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 2:31 am

Ruperto --- You make a valid point.

But how would you convince someone to go to a show when experienced, big name players keep it a secret as to what shows they go to?
Back to top Go down
Jan Bennett
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor

Number of posts : 279
Registration date : 2007-06-22

PostSubject: Re: To get more participation at Finals   finals - To get more participation at Finals Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 11:08 am

So experienced people should advertise which shows they go to? Not so sure you're going to get that to happen.

Not sure experienced people want to advertise where their car is going to be so that people know where to go to find some nice cars to swipe...Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.mj-garage.com
Champion
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor

Number of posts : 384
Registration date : 2009-03-19

PostSubject: Re: To get more participation at Finals   finals - To get more participation at Finals Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 3:07 pm

Hmmmmmmm, Most big names competitors compete in both USACi and IASCA and they are generally always at the big shows. I understand what your trying to say, but the picture is much bigger............

The only person responsible for getting more competitors into the lanes is the RETAILER!!!!!!!!! They have to turn customers into competitors,,,,

The organization has got to make it easy for the shops to do easy shows... The REATAILER has got to use competition as a marketing tool, to promote their store... They have to build nice cars, Most cannot build anything but a rookie type car for someone off the street...

When was the last time a shop built a highend car for a customer that competed in somehting other that the most basic class that they could put him into?

Please list them?!?!?!?! I know there are a few of em out there...

Now if USACI and IASCA would invest in the competitors then they may see a bigger return..

Every other organization uses its super stars as a way to get there message out to the masses.....

Nascar uses there stars in their advertisments.....

The NBA uses there stars to bring people to the tube....

The NFL does the same......

The Bicyle industry uses team USPA and Lance to get their message out....

The Pro Bull Riding Association.. PBRA uses their stars (Ty Murry) also of the lastest "Dancing with the stars faem"

the list goes on.....

Car Audio Orgs need to do the same.....

Make their stars famous... more people will want to be a part of that pie.....
Back to top Go down
SoundoffFocus
SoundoffFocus

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2007-07-15

PostSubject: Re: To get more participation at Finals   finals - To get more participation at Finals Icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2009 12:00 am

Well I will put in my $.02. I got in to competing because of my love of cars and music. car audio seemed like a natural combination. Only problem is the one thing that is plaguing a lot of areas is the lack of shows. Even when I lived in Michigan during the high point in car audio( mid 90s) there wasn't many shows.

Then there is the total lack of car audio publications. How is a car person who likes music, going to find out what is out there in the way of shows, installs, etc with out a magazine. When I started in the 80s there where Car audio, Car stereo review and then Auto Sound and security. All gone the way of the dino and dodo now.

Without shows and information on what can be done ( print media) how is a person going to get interested in attending an event.
Even if you approach a shop about having an event, I have heard the same answer from many shops when I ask about holding an event, " I get nothing in return for my money" there needs to be a way to educate the retailer about competition and he will in turn educate the consumer about competition and then we will get people back into the lanes. Thus creating profit for all and more competition for us all.

Tim
Back to top Go down
TeamCobra1
TeamCobra1

Number of posts : 593
Registration date : 2007-08-17

PostSubject: Re: To get more participation at Finals   finals - To get more participation at Finals Icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2009 12:05 pm

very good point....there is a show about 5 miles from my house today and I knew nothing about it....I was in a bar last night went to the bathroom and saw the event poster on the wall...first I've heard about this show and I visit the forums almost every day
Back to top Go down
TeamCobra1
TeamCobra1

PostSubject: Re: To get more participation at Finals   finals - To get more participation at Finals Icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2009 12:10 pm

btw...this show is on the events list section of the forum I just wish there was a way to get the word out a lil better....the restroom poster was a good idea though
Back to top Go down
cadencesoundq
cadencesoundq

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2009-04-06

PostSubject: Re: To get more participation at Finals   finals - To get more participation at Finals Icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 1:09 am

good point tim...Smile
Back to top Go down
Monte B.
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor

Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2007-09-05

PostSubject: Re: To get more participation at Finals   finals - To get more participation at Finals Icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 10:09 am

TeamCobra1 wrote:
there is a show about 5 miles from my house today and I knew nothing about it....

You've got a house again? Didn't know that. Congrats!
Back to top Go down
http://www.mj-garage.com
TeamCobra1
TeamCobra1

PostSubject: Re: To get more participation at Finals   finals - To get more participation at Finals Icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 11:45 am

oops....5 miles from my fema trailer
Back to top Go down
OnYrMrk
OnYrMrk

PostSubject: Re: To get more participation at Finals   finals - To get more participation at Finals Icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 3:50 pm

Good that you love it so much that it is a home to you Mickey.
Back to top Go down
tijuana_no
tijuana_no

Number of posts : 709
Registration date : 2007-09-12

PostSubject: Re: To get more participation at Finals   finals - To get more participation at Finals Icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 9:41 pm

mickey , are talking about the show in orange ,tx.
Back to top Go down
TeamCobra1
TeamCobra1

PostSubject: Re: To get more participation at Finals   finals - To get more participation at Finals Icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 11:40 pm

yup
Back to top Go down
SoundQAccord

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2009-02-18

PostSubject: Re: To get more participation at Finals   finals - To get more participation at Finals Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 2:27 pm

The only person responsible for getting more competitors into the lanes is the RETAILER!!!!!!!!! They have to turn customers into competitors,,,,

The organization has got to make it easy for the shops to do easy shows... The REATAILER has got to use competition as a marketing tool, to promote their store... They have to build nice cars, Most cannot build anything but a rookie type car for someone off the street...

I agree with you 100% on this Gary. When dealers promote shows and the orgs make it easy for the dealer to do shows, things work out good. It is the dealers sales and install crews job to UP SELL customers into competitors by getting them EXCITED. They need different types of installs in employees cars. One employee has a street type install that sounds very nice, another employee has a Bass head set up etc. Your store needs to have examples of what can be done and sales people that can sell that and competing to the consumer.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: To get more participation at Finals   finals - To get more participation at Finals Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

To get more participation at Finals
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Mobile Audio Competitors Organization :: GENERAL DISCUSSION :: SOUND QUALITY DISCUSSION :: SOUND QUALITY-
Jump to: