Mobile Audio Competitors Organization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LOUDEST SPORT ON EARTH!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Joint Finals a success. USACI numbers down due to very remote (from USACI) location but better than expected. Results posted on web site.
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» STETSOM 7KD
Tuning and Box in a crx?? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2020 7:37 pm by big bass joel

» any blown stetsom 7kd or 2k6d amps for sale
Tuning and Box in a crx?? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 7:32 pm by big bass joel

» We need the forums back
Tuning and Box in a crx?? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 2:41 pm by svillarrial

» THIS OLD FORUM IS ALIVE!!!! 6/14/17
Tuning and Box in a crx?? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 11:11 pm by 80INCHES

» It's back up !
Tuning and Box in a crx?? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 7:03 pm by chrisfish

» 2 Atomic apocalypse 12s D4
Tuning and Box in a crx?? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 12:53 am by supersquirt

» well hello
Tuning and Box in a crx?? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 5:46 am by TAMU

» WELLLWELLL
Tuning and Box in a crx?? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 4:24 pm by Nice

» SLAMBOREE AUG 1 & 2
Tuning and Box in a crx?? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 12:14 pm by Pro_Mom

Top posters
sanman
Tuning and Box in a crx?? Vote_lcapTuning and Box in a crx?? Voting_barTuning and Box in a crx?? Vote_rcap 
The_Rowlands
Tuning and Box in a crx?? Vote_lcapTuning and Box in a crx?? Voting_barTuning and Box in a crx?? Vote_rcap 
chrisfish
Stingraysevenout
scionsoloxb
TECH114
Alan
supadave
Moparbass28
Navi
Statistics
We have 1855 registered users
The newest registered user is Farenheit

Our users have posted a total of 222582 messages in 12665 subjects
Keywords
pics broken kyle dollar world songs 2010 records chef quad 80inches crzyblondgrl disc silence build finals state louisiana Audiopipe globe stereo contest record Johncarr drive crank
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of United States Autosound Competition International on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Mobile Audio Competitors Organization on your social bookmarking website

Tuning and Box in a crx??

Go down 
+4
audioroach
rd s10
slumpinhonda
Kaboom
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Kaboom

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2009-04-14

Tuning and Box in a crx?? Empty
PostSubject: Tuning and Box in a crx??   Tuning and Box in a crx?? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 11:57 am

Hey I am fairly new to usac, I have a crx that I would like to get loud and I am looking for some direction on what to try. For normal burping (db drag style) it likes 56-58hz but usac is a different thing right? What are people using to get these crazy 160+ scores? Big boxes and low tuning or opposite or what???
Thanks
Back to top Go down
slumpinhonda
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
slumpinhonda

Number of posts : 2938
Registration date : 2007-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Tuning and Box in a crx??   Tuning and Box in a crx?? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 12:12 pm

frequency changes alil mines around 67hz......Ive done good with 1 12, 4 12's, 6 tens, 12 tens.......u can get away with the same boxes you use in drag just gotta test alil differently
Back to top Go down
rd s10
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
rd s10

Number of posts : 2411
Registration date : 2008-06-17

PostSubject: Re: Tuning and Box in a crx??   Tuning and Box in a crx?? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 8:00 pm

what size subs and how many r u running
Back to top Go down
audioroach

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2009-04-03

PostSubject: Re: Tuning and Box in a crx??   Tuning and Box in a crx?? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 12:49 am

rd s10 wrote:
what size subs and how many r u running

I'm interested as well. In say Street A class of DB drag it goes like this:

- car off
- 650 cu in batt (under hood)
- sub limited to 3-8" ,2-10",1-12"
- single amp

these are kind of the highlights. Just trying to finds ideas of how I caould build a car that can be competitive in both org.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Kaboom

PostSubject: Re: Tuning and Box in a crx??   Tuning and Box in a crx?? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 11:18 am

Subs would either be 4 12's or maybe 2 15's? It could be different, I am open to suggestions. Does more cone area rule in Usac? Because i can do that too.
Back to top Go down
Kaboom

PostSubject: Re: Tuning and Box in a crx??   Tuning and Box in a crx?? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 11:29 am

slumpinhonda wrote:
frequency changes alil mines around 67hz......Ive done good with 1 12, 4 12's, 6 tens, 12 tens.......u can get away with the same boxes you use in drag just gotta test alil differently

I am not looking to get away with the same db drag box, I would like to build the loudest usac style box, just wondering what that entails, is it alot of cone area or low tuning or alot of port or what. I see some 160's and I am just looking to be pointed in the right direction. Thanks guys.
Back to top Go down
slumpinhonda
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
slumpinhonda

PostSubject: Re: Tuning and Box in a crx??   Tuning and Box in a crx?? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 4:22 am

i did a 160.9 with 4 12's in the kick did 161.3 with 12 tens.....same power.....

your boxes for the most part will be the same as drag...really just got throw the mic in the kick and start testing and change port lengths and what not move the box around from side to side front to back adjust port lengths
Back to top Go down
HellRzR
Above Average Contributor
Above Average Contributor
HellRzR

Number of posts : 800
Registration date : 2007-06-30

PostSubject: Re: Tuning and Box in a crx??   Tuning and Box in a crx?? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 10:10 am

my crxs liked around 71 hz, but i was only doing a 157 with 4-12"s
Back to top Go down
Kaboom

PostSubject: Re: Tuning and Box in a crx??   Tuning and Box in a crx?? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 11:24 am

With 4 12's which way were they firing? all forward, all up, to the side???
Back to top Go down
slumpinhonda
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
slumpinhonda

PostSubject: Re: Tuning and Box in a crx??   Tuning and Box in a crx?? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 11:41 am

i did all forward and 2 forward 2 up and that one was .4 louder than all forward......my old crx went to 71 hz and i know why it did now it tore a huge hole in the fire wall
Back to top Go down
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

Number of posts : 12087

PostSubject: Re: Tuning and Box in a crx??   Tuning and Box in a crx?? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 5:17 pm

WAS GOING TO SAME THE SAME THING THAT TIMMAY JUST DID 4 12'S AND 4 KICKER KX1200.1'S DID 162.

RUNNING A TON OF SUBS REQUIRES ALOT MORE KNOWLEDGE THAN JUST CONE AREA LOL

LAST YEAR 8 10'S DID 162

YEAR BEFORE THAT 10 10'S DID 163.6
Back to top Go down
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor

Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2009-04-19

PostSubject: Re: Tuning and Box in a crx??   Tuning and Box in a crx?? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 5:58 pm

So with all those different options, what took finals last year?
Back to top Go down
STREETBEATZ19
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
STREETBEATZ19

Number of posts : 1333
Registration date : 2008-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Tuning and Box in a crx??   Tuning and Box in a crx?? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 7:29 pm

depends on which class
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tuning and Box in a crx??   Tuning and Box in a crx?? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tuning and Box in a crx??
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Mobile Audio Competitors Organization :: GENERAL DISCUSSION :: HOW TO GET LOUD! :: HOW TO GET LOUD!-
Jump to: