Mobile Audio Competitors Organization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LOUDEST SPORT ON EARTH!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Joint Finals a success. USACI numbers down due to very remote (from USACI) location but better than expected. Results posted on web site.
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» STETSOM 7KD
My WHOLE audio life...... Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2020 7:37 pm by big bass joel

» any blown stetsom 7kd or 2k6d amps for sale
My WHOLE audio life...... Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 7:32 pm by big bass joel

» We need the forums back
My WHOLE audio life...... Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 2:41 pm by svillarrial

» THIS OLD FORUM IS ALIVE!!!! 6/14/17
My WHOLE audio life...... Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 11:11 pm by 80INCHES

» It's back up !
My WHOLE audio life...... Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 7:03 pm by chrisfish

» 2 Atomic apocalypse 12s D4
My WHOLE audio life...... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 12:53 am by supersquirt

» well hello
My WHOLE audio life...... Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 5:46 am by TAMU

» WELLLWELLL
My WHOLE audio life...... Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 4:24 pm by Nice

» SLAMBOREE AUG 1 & 2
My WHOLE audio life...... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 12:14 pm by Pro_Mom

Top posters
sanman
My WHOLE audio life...... Vote_lcapMy WHOLE audio life...... Voting_barMy WHOLE audio life...... Vote_rcap 
The_Rowlands
My WHOLE audio life...... Vote_lcapMy WHOLE audio life...... Voting_barMy WHOLE audio life...... Vote_rcap 
chrisfish
Stingraysevenout
scionsoloxb
TECH114
Alan
supadave
Moparbass28
Navi
Statistics
We have 1855 registered users
The newest registered user is Farenheit

Our users have posted a total of 222582 messages in 12665 subjects
Keywords
chef contest louisiana quad Audiopipe records disc drive record broken silence crank world finals stereo 80inches Johncarr 2010 songs globe pics state kyle crzyblondgrl build dollar
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of United States Autosound Competition International on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Mobile Audio Competitors Organization on your social bookmarking website

My WHOLE audio life......

Go down 
+10
scionsoloxb
ARMed&Bangin
The_Rowlands
Skip01
2003f150
S.L.A.B.
lostdutchman70523
grandpointkiller
bassahaulic
14 posters
AuthorMessage
bassahaulic
Above Average Contributor
bassahaulic

Number of posts : 727
Registration date : 2008-07-30

My WHOLE audio life...... Empty
PostSubject: My WHOLE audio life......   My WHOLE audio life...... Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 2:29 pm

I am bored in typing class so…… have fun

It started off when I was about 11, I lived in Pointe Coupee, and I heard a Kicker CVR in a “blow through” in an S-10. After that I was hooked! I started hearing more and more bass and loud stereos. Meeting people around where I lived that had 2 10”s and 2 12”s, and to me that was the coolest thing ever! The one I can remember the clearest of all, was when this dude named Hoyt came to my house with a Rockford something amp, and 2 P2 12”s. The amp had a bass knob which I about Dung Pile myself over.

After that I couldn’t help myself, I took 2 JVC 12”s from the home system in the house, and moved them into the back of my families 1999 Astro Van. I thought it was cool as hell. I daily messed with those, with the wiring, how they faced, or ported or sealed. All on stock radio power. I got some OLD Sony 6x9”s and 6 ½”s that I laid on the floor of the van also on radio power.

After a while of that I got this Sony home stereo for Christmas, and made my room as loud as I could. I had the JVC 12”s and the Sony 8” all on the sub channel of the receiver. This also started my love for tint; I put aluminum foil over the windows of my room to darken it up and liked it. Not long after this phase we moved to Saint Francisville. I wired everything up in my new room, did the same foil on the windows and I liked it.

I turned 15, and got my first car, a 2001 Dodge Intrepid. First thing I bought were Kicker KS 6 ½”s. I put them in the doors on stock radio power, and also one of the JVC 12’s in the trunk on radio power. Not long after the car got totaled while me and my dad were driving it. That kind of put me down for a few months. But I got my spark back when started going to the Skate Shop. I met Kyle, Grant and AP. AP had 4 Infinity 12”s on a Memphis 16PRD1000.1. That truck got me back into audio. I ended up buying the 4 12”s and box for $100.I had the subs in my room on that same old Sony receiver on the sub channel.

We then moved again down the road to the McGlens Plantation. I then got my dads OLD 1995 Astro Van. I hooked up the 4 12”s on the stock radio. It wasn’t drive able so it sat in the back yard and I messed around with it. Not to long after I bought that Memphis 1000.1 from AP for $200. I rushed off to Wal-Mart and got the $70 Schoche “Amp N’ Cap” kit. And by the end of the day I had the amp/subs wired up to the stock radio. To me I thought it was sweet. It stayed like that for about 2 months, long enough to earn some money at the plantation. My dad worked with this awesome guy named Charlie, who sold me a Sony Mobile ES four Channel, which was like .5 ohm stable on all 4 channels, a Pioneer Premier DEH-960, and some Infinity Reference 6 ½”s for the dash. I had all this wired up in the van I couldn’t drive. I kept on working and for my 16th birthday I got an Optima Yellow top for the van, and put the van into the shop to get fixed.

The van ended up needing $8000+ in repairs so I started driving the 1999 Astro with all of the stuff moved and put into it. My dad got a four door Corolla and mom rode with me and him all the time. I ended up getting rid of the 4 Infinity 12”s 2 blew and 2 I gave to a friend I had met, Dylan Lemonds. I went to Mike’s with 2 other great friends I had made at football, were I got my first “hookup” I got 4 Rockford P1 12”s for $300. I ran those for about a month and they fell apart at the surrounds.

I was wondering what to do next, 4 12”s didn’t satisfy me anymore, so again from AP I bought stuff. This time it was 4 Kicker Comp 15”s in the box for $400. Push at 1 ohm by the faithful Memphis 1000.1. The Sony 4 channel lasted about 1 month after this because it was mounted on the box, so soon after it died, I bought 2 Insignia 1000.2”s for $50 at Bestbuy, and pushed a lot of little speakers and tweeters in the van. Some time while I had it the radio I was running pooped out on me, so I went though a few trying to find one I liked. I ended up at All Pro Audio where I got a deal on a DEH-6900ub. That system choked me. I had that for about 3 months and, my friend, the owner of the Skate Shop, Kyle, Had an L7 15… which at the time was my “dream” woofer. So I traded him the four 15”s and one of the Insignia amps for the L7 and its Box. I soon after got my first run of Stinger 1/0. I was happier then ever. I rode around with that until about June 08. During that time we moved again to Zachary, LA. It was around this time I met Chris Fulton and we slowly became friends and formed Team Bad Company, Our bass competition team. At the time his was the loudest I had heard.

The van was wearing down, my mom had a 2007 Monte Carlo, and my dad surprised me while I was at church by rolling up in a 1997 Dodge Ram 1500 Sport with the 5.2V8. I was like “I like it, is it yours” he replies with “nope, it’s yours”. Turns out he got it for basically the price of the title transfer. And decided I would love it, and I did! I move the whole system into the truck. I got my first tint done to that truck, in 3 stages. First old tint gone and back tint on at 5%. Next were front windows in 20%, then the 8” strip in the front. I had that one L7 for a while, and it finally died. So, I went bass less for about a month. Then I bought 4 Pioneer Premier REV 6x9”s from Chris for $80. Not long after him and I went to Scrapin the Coast for the first time. I had a great time there and heard some very loud systems. I met Bret for the first time there. His stereo hurt me. A few weeks after Scrapin I bought 2 more Kicker L7 15”s and the box from Chris for a good price. I installed all this into my Ram and moved to Central LA. I enjoyed that system for a long while winning 2 Third places and 1 Second place. I got third in SB3 at Sik-Nic where again I saw Bret, I had been talking to him a little since Scrapin about my next system. And he got me hooked on DD subs. I got another third and a second place at a Crank it up Contest a few weeks later.

About a month after the last comp, November, 13th 2008, I was leaving Wal-Mart in Central and the cops pulled me over for the stereo, but I didn’t know my insurance had been canceled a few days before. So they impounded my truck, stereo and all. It was strange, it took me loosing my truck to go to the Audio shops more then I did, I now ONLY go to Innovative Audio in Denham Springs, Kyle it the Dung Pile. Same day they impounded my truck I got a great GF, whom I have helped get 5% on her Mustang GT and a Kenwood Exelon cd Player.

Since then I have bought a new truck, it’s almost an exact clone on the outside, it’s a 1996 Dodge Ram 1500 Sport Laramie SLT with the 5.9V8. And for this truck already I got a Kicker SX 900.4 highs amp, 20’+ of Kicker 1/0, and 2 sets of JL dual twist RCA’s. And now we are here. January 29, 2009

Last edited by bassahaulic on Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/musicman1234
grandpointkiller
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
grandpointkiller

Number of posts : 319
Registration date : 2007-10-09

PostSubject: Re: My WHOLE audio life......   My WHOLE audio life...... Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 2:32 pm

nice story
Back to top Go down
http://www.everythingcaraudio.blogspot.com
bassahaulic
bassahaulic

PostSubject: Re: My WHOLE audio life......   My WHOLE audio life...... Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 2:35 pm

You read all that? O_O

In 3 min?
Back to top Go down
grandpointkiller
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
grandpointkiller

PostSubject: Re: My WHOLE audio life......   My WHOLE audio life...... Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 2:37 pm

yea lol bord at work
Back to top Go down
bassahaulic
bassahaulic

PostSubject: Re: My WHOLE audio life......   My WHOLE audio life...... Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 2:39 pm

Haha

I was bored in class and typed that up in about 20-30 minutes.
Back to top Go down
grandpointkiller
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
grandpointkiller

PostSubject: Re: My WHOLE audio life......   My WHOLE audio life...... Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 2:40 pm

yea typing class sucks big time glad i never have to go through that again
Back to top Go down
lostdutchman70523
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor

Number of posts : 228
Registration date : 2007-06-27

PostSubject: Re: My WHOLE audio life......   My WHOLE audio life...... Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 3:11 pm

lol
Back to top Go down
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

Number of posts : 1421
Registration date : 2007-06-24

PostSubject: Re: My WHOLE audio life......   My WHOLE audio life...... Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 3:51 pm

typing class? What grade are you in?
Back to top Go down
S.L.A.B.
S.L.A.B.

Number of posts : 571
Registration date : 2008-07-14

PostSubject: Re: My WHOLE audio life......   My WHOLE audio life...... Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 5:23 pm

lol
Back to top Go down
2003f150
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
2003f150

Number of posts : 2610
Registration date : 2007-09-12

PostSubject: Re: My WHOLE audio life......   My WHOLE audio life...... Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 5:49 pm

I was wondering if I was gonna be in your story Drew....LOL
Back to top Go down
Skip01
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Skip01

Number of posts : 2099
Registration date : 2007-07-02

PostSubject: Re: My WHOLE audio life......   My WHOLE audio life...... Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 6:11 pm

Man that was depressin to read
Back to top Go down
The_Rowlands
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
The_Rowlands

Number of posts : 7398
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: My WHOLE audio life......   My WHOLE audio life...... Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 6:56 pm

8675309 wrote:
ya they start typing early now adays...i need a typing clas i 1 finger the keys ...the kid could type faster then me in the 1st grade ,,,
Back to top Go down
ARMed&Bangin
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
ARMed&Bangin

Number of posts : 1010
Registration date : 2007-12-28

PostSubject: Re: My WHOLE audio life......   My WHOLE audio life...... Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 7:59 pm

Cool story bro. We all have our "how it all started' stories. I enjoyed reading yours.
Back to top Go down
bassahaulic
bassahaulic

PostSubject: Re: My WHOLE audio life......   My WHOLE audio life...... Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 9:23 pm

The_Rowlands wrote:
8675309 wrote:
ya they start typing early now adays...i need a typing clas i 1 finger the keys ...the kid could type faster then me in the 1st grade ,,,
Haha it's ok

8675309 wrote:

Sad to say 10th...... again haha

I missed to many days last year working on truck everyday...
Back to top Go down
scionsoloxb
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
scionsoloxb

Number of posts : 4832
Registration date : 2007-06-22

PostSubject: Re: My WHOLE audio life......   My WHOLE audio life...... Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 9:29 pm

Skip01 wrote:
Man that was depressin to read
X2 Suspect
Back to top Go down
bassahaulic
bassahaulic

PostSubject: Re: My WHOLE audio life......   My WHOLE audio life...... Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 11:58 pm

....................................Yall are just mad that i'm half yalls age....
Back to top Go down
Skip01
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Skip01

PostSubject: Re: My WHOLE audio life......   My WHOLE audio life...... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 7:54 am

And half as LOUD!!!!!

Ha
Back to top Go down
S.L.A.B.
S.L.A.B.

PostSubject: Re: My WHOLE audio life......   My WHOLE audio life...... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 9:44 am

Eww that was a gut punch lol
Back to top Go down
Mike Jaffe
Mike Jaffe

Number of posts : 640

PostSubject: Re: My WHOLE audio life......   My WHOLE audio life...... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 10:17 am

In typing class, do they use keyboards with no letters or numbers on the keys?
Back to top Go down
2003f150
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
2003f150

Number of posts : 2610
Registration date : 2007-09-12

PostSubject: Re: My WHOLE audio life......   My WHOLE audio life...... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 10:21 am

Drew school is more important than stereo!!!! LOL
Back to top Go down
S.L.A.B.
S.L.A.B.

PostSubject: Re: My WHOLE audio life......   My WHOLE audio life...... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 10:25 am

I dam sure would have failed if they didn't have the letters on the keys, Hell I only took the class cause of all the chics lol
Back to top Go down
Skip01
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Skip01

PostSubject: Re: My WHOLE audio life......   My WHOLE audio life...... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 10:31 am

They had a thing that overlaid on our keyboards coverin the letters. Fing hard
Back to top Go down
n-stereo
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
n-stereo

Number of posts : 419
Registration date : 2007-11-18

PostSubject: Re: My WHOLE audio life......   My WHOLE audio life...... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 10:59 am

bassahaulic wrote:
....................................Yall are just mad that i'm half yalls age....
i don't think anyone's mad at all .however ,several of us here are much much older than "half my age" Very Happy
i think most here are admiring your enthusiasm for a sport and hobby some here have loved for decades . remember that your grades that you earn right now are an indication of your work ethic to future employers . when i'm interviewing a job applicant , school grades are a factor in getting the job . all A's and B's required no . but certainly a factor .all jobs require us to do some things we don't like or enjoy sometimes ,like certain classes in school or certain teachers .
have a loud day !! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Gabe Sanchez
Gabe Sanchez

Number of posts : 666
Registration date : 2007-06-26

PostSubject: Re: My WHOLE audio life......   My WHOLE audio life...... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 11:22 am

Personally I didn't put any effort into my grades until college classes started. I had a huge problem with bringing school work home to do. I was also cocky and knew the material so I didn't feel it was necessary to do homework. That became a direct reflection of my grades during high school, lol.

School is way more important though ... until you have a family of your own. Then they become your number one priority.
Back to top Go down
iowan
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
iowan

Number of posts : 1018

PostSubject: Re: My WHOLE audio life......   My WHOLE audio life...... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 1:42 pm

my friends 2yr old son knows how to use youtube... does nothing else but watch spongebob on youtube all day
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My WHOLE audio life......   My WHOLE audio life...... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My WHOLE audio life......
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Mobile Audio Competitors Organization :: GENERAL DISCUSSION :: General Discussion :: GENERAL SOUND COMPETITION DISCUSSION-
Jump to: