Mobile Audio Competitors Organization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LOUDEST SPORT ON EARTH!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Joint Finals a success. USACI numbers down due to very remote (from USACI) location but better than expected. Results posted on web site.
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» STETSOM 7KD
Alma Gates (old article) Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2020 7:37 pm by big bass joel

» any blown stetsom 7kd or 2k6d amps for sale
Alma Gates (old article) Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 7:32 pm by big bass joel

» We need the forums back
Alma Gates (old article) Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 2:41 pm by svillarrial

» THIS OLD FORUM IS ALIVE!!!! 6/14/17
Alma Gates (old article) Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 11:11 pm by 80INCHES

» It's back up !
Alma Gates (old article) Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 7:03 pm by chrisfish

» 2 Atomic apocalypse 12s D4
Alma Gates (old article) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 12:53 am by supersquirt

» well hello
Alma Gates (old article) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 5:46 am by TAMU

» WELLLWELLL
Alma Gates (old article) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 4:24 pm by Nice

» SLAMBOREE AUG 1 & 2
Alma Gates (old article) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 12:14 pm by Pro_Mom

Top posters
sanman
Alma Gates (old article) Vote_lcapAlma Gates (old article) Voting_barAlma Gates (old article) Vote_rcap 
The_Rowlands
Alma Gates (old article) Vote_lcapAlma Gates (old article) Voting_barAlma Gates (old article) Vote_rcap 
chrisfish
Stingraysevenout
scionsoloxb
TECH114
Alan
supadave
Moparbass28
Navi
Statistics
We have 1855 registered users
The newest registered user is Farenheit

Our users have posted a total of 222582 messages in 12665 subjects
Keywords
crank kyle chef broken 2010 stereo quad Johncarr pics build louisiana records finals dollar 80inches Audiopipe record world crzyblondgrl songs disc globe drive contest state silence
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of United States Autosound Competition International on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Mobile Audio Competitors Organization on your social bookmarking website

Alma Gates (old article)

Go down 
+4
Moparbass28
Alma Gates
dbracer79
Twisted Image
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Twisted Image
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Twisted Image

Number of posts : 1111
Registration date : 2007-06-21

Alma Gates (old article) Empty
PostSubject: Alma Gates (old article)   Alma Gates (old article) Icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2007 10:44 am

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
February 25, 2000
KICKER and Team Gates Plan All-Out Assault on SPL Record Books

Stillwater, OK - Two of the world?s top names in car stereo competition announced today an agreement to combine forces in pursuit of new advances in the art of going loud. Stillwater Designs, maker of KICKER car audio components, and Team Gates, whose world-famous Ford Bronco rewrote the SPL competition record books, will totally revamp the world-famous ?Beast? for a new assault on the soundoff circuits? dB meters. ?The pairing is a natural,? says Stillwater Designs Special Products Applications manager Greg Davis. ?KICKER and the KICKER Competition Group have dominated the Sound Quality side of car stereo competition for the past several years. Alma and Patrick Gates, along with the rest of their crew, have been doing the same in the SPL arena. It makes perfect sense that we pool our talents and move things up to the next level.?

Mrs. Gates and Team Gates installation whiz Scott Owens visited the Stillwater Designs headquarters in Stillwater, OK, earlier this month to kick off the partnership. They met with KICKER President Steve Irby, Director of Advertising Jay Tonsfeldt, and representatives of the firm?s Technical and R&D departments, to begin planning the 2000 SPL campaign.

The new version of the Team Gates dB-monster will feature KICKER speakers and amplifiers. Team Gates will design and install the system, with support from the Stillwater Designs technical staff.

In addition to making the major competitions, the newly-refurbished ?Beast? will also appear at a select number of KICKER dealer events around the United States.

Alma Gates (old article) Untitled-5

(L to R) KICKER Special Product Applications Manager Greg Davis, Team Gates Owner Alma Gates, and Stillwater Designs President Steve Irby announce new SPL partnership at Gates? recent visit to Stillwater Designs headquarters.
Back to top Go down
dbracer79
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
dbracer79

Number of posts : 1086
Registration date : 2007-06-28

PostSubject: Re: Alma Gates (old article)   Alma Gates (old article) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2007 9:32 pm

Guess some of us got to work harder on their DB numbers
Back to top Go down
Alma Gates

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2007-06-22

PostSubject: Re: Alma Gates (old article)   Alma Gates (old article) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2007 11:35 pm

dbracer79 wrote:
Guess some of us got to work harder on their DB numbers
I guess you are right! That darn thing never did work. I probably need to clarify my statement..The Kicker products were great. The bronco design sucked and there was no way to correct it except by taking it completely down and re-doing it.

It was easier to get another bronco and start over again, which I did. Again, the products were good, bronco looks good and sounds great, but it still didn't live up to my expectations and the old PPI Bronco.

My one big regret is permitting the original bronco to be destroyed! It was the true masterpiece.

I think the main difference in all 3 designs was that Rick Jones and the PPI guys put their heart and soul into that car and it showed. Patrick and I also worked on it and the bronco was a true Team Gates effort. Those were the good old days and will never be forgotten.

Last edited by on Tue Aug 07, 2007 9:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Moparbass28
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Moparbass28

Number of posts : 3541
Registration date : 2007-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Alma Gates (old article)   Alma Gates (old article) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2007 3:34 am

Love the article and Love the beast and Ma, you are the best. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SPLman99
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
SPLman99

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2007-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Alma Gates (old article)   Alma Gates (old article) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2007 6:57 pm

You are the best Alma. The PPI Bronco inspired me to try harder on my installs and to get louder. I now have a GMC 1500 truck in the works with 24 12s. I wanted 64. cheers
Back to top Go down
Navi
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Navi

Number of posts : 3105
Registration date : 2007-06-25

PostSubject: Re: Alma Gates (old article)   Alma Gates (old article) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2007 7:27 pm

Whatever happened to the red one alma? I heard nate had it??
Back to top Go down
Alma Gates

PostSubject: Re: Alma Gates (old article)   Alma Gates (old article) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2007 7:53 pm

Navi wrote:
Whatever happened to the red one alma? I heard nate had it??
Nate - who is a friend - told me many times that I needed someone who knew something about SPL to re-do the bronco. Sooooo- we took all the Kicker stuff out of it and returned the products to Kicker and delivered the bronco to Nate.. lol!

I do not know if he will ever do anything with it. I had planned to contact him and see if he wanted me to take it back. Thanks for reminding me.
Back to top Go down
Navi
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Navi

Number of posts : 3105

PostSubject: Re: Alma Gates (old article)   Alma Gates (old article) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2007 7:58 pm

Id love to see a return of it and the pumpkin.
Back to top Go down
Alma Gates

PostSubject: Re: Alma Gates (old article)   Alma Gates (old article) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2007 8:27 pm

Navi wrote:
Id love to see a return of it and the pumpkin.

So would I!
Back to top Go down
Twisted Image
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Twisted Image

Number of posts : 1111
Registration date : 2007-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Alma Gates (old article)   Alma Gates (old article) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2007 8:51 pm

well im glad I posted this old reminder.....maybe it will put some plans into action
Back to top Go down
Moparbass28
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Moparbass28

PostSubject: Re: Alma Gates (old article)   Alma Gates (old article) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2007 1:35 am

I would love to see it back in the lanes as well. Boy would that be a great day. Wink
Back to top Go down
Mike Jaffe
Above Average Contributor
Mike Jaffe

Number of posts : 640

PostSubject: Re: Alma Gates (old article)   Alma Gates (old article) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2007 9:26 am

Moparbass28 wrote:
I would love to see it back in the lanes as well. Boy would that be a great day. Wink

Ditto! And Alma in great health walking alongside it as it rolls into the lanes.
Back to top Go down
Moparbass28
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Moparbass28

PostSubject: Re: Alma Gates (old article)   Alma Gates (old article) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2007 9:43 am

Mike Jaffe wrote:
Moparbass28 wrote:

Ditto! And Alma in great health walking alongside it as it rolls into the lanes.

Now that would be the Best right there. Wink
Back to top Go down
KC_LOUD&CLEAR
KC_LOUD&CLEAR

Number of posts : 909
Location : THE LAND OF OZ! Dear Auntie em hate you, hate kansas, took the freakin dog! Dorthy!

PostSubject: Re: Alma Gates (old article)   Alma Gates (old article) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2007 11:38 am

Ive been hounding her to build another head cracker for a long time! Alma good to hear from you.
xo Donnie & the loud and clear team
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alma Gates (old article)   Alma Gates (old article) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Alma Gates (old article)
Page 1 of 1