Mobile Audio Competitors Organization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LOUDEST SPORT ON EARTH!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Joint Finals a success. USACI numbers down due to very remote (from USACI) location but better than expected. Results posted on web site.
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» STETSOM 7KD
amp recommendations Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2020 7:37 pm by big bass joel

» any blown stetsom 7kd or 2k6d amps for sale
amp recommendations Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 7:32 pm by big bass joel

» We need the forums back
amp recommendations Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 2:41 pm by svillarrial

» THIS OLD FORUM IS ALIVE!!!! 6/14/17
amp recommendations Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 11:11 pm by 80INCHES

» It's back up !
amp recommendations Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 7:03 pm by chrisfish

» 2 Atomic apocalypse 12s D4
amp recommendations Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 12:53 am by supersquirt

» well hello
amp recommendations Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 5:46 am by TAMU

» WELLLWELLL
amp recommendations Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 4:24 pm by Nice

» SLAMBOREE AUG 1 & 2
amp recommendations Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 12:14 pm by Pro_Mom

Top posters
sanman
amp recommendations Vote_lcapamp recommendations Voting_baramp recommendations Vote_rcap 
The_Rowlands
amp recommendations Vote_lcapamp recommendations Voting_baramp recommendations Vote_rcap 
chrisfish
Stingraysevenout
scionsoloxb
TECH114
Alan
supadave
Moparbass28
Navi
Statistics
We have 1855 registered users
The newest registered user is Farenheit

Our users have posted a total of 222582 messages in 12665 subjects
Keywords
pics 2010 songs 80inches dollar silence state build records kyle stereo broken crank louisiana crzyblondgrl drive contest quad world Audiopipe record finals Johncarr globe disc chef
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of United States Autosound Competition International on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Mobile Audio Competitors Organization on your social bookmarking website

amp recommendations

Go down 
+5
OnYrMrk
jayhawkblk
jsketoe
24 Bug
emperorjj1
9 posters
AuthorMessage
emperorjj1
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
emperorjj1

Number of posts : 416
Registration date : 2007-06-26

amp recommendations Empty
PostSubject: amp recommendations   amp recommendations Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 12:24 am

So i still havent really got my hopefully permanent highs amps yet and i was looking for some recommendations.

I need

150 X2
100-150 X2
100 X2
all at 4 ohms

I was thinking of 2 audison SRX 5's but ive had the idea of a PPI A600 in the back of my mind for a while (i would use for that 150X2) Any recommendations on what i should do?
Back to top Go down
24 Bug
24 Bug

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2007-07-01

PostSubject: Re: amp recommendations   amp recommendations Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 12:53 am

An amp is an amp unlesss its Cadence
Back to top Go down
http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/members/leno.html
jsketoe
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

Number of posts : 1587
Registration date : 2007-06-23

PostSubject: Re: amp recommendations   amp recommendations Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 9:25 am

for installation sake...I like to see the same brand and models. Just for asthetics.
Good clean power is what you are after. Pre-amp sections of amps color sound output. So, keep that in mind. Cheap won't = good in most cases unless you are looking at used...then it'd be OK.
I consider your amp like the engine of a performance car. Why put a LT1 in a FBody when you could have a LSX Warhawk if funds allow?
Back to top Go down
jayhawkblk
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
jayhawkblk

Number of posts : 331
Registration date : 2007-06-28

PostSubject: Re: amp recommendations   amp recommendations Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 1:06 pm

well said Sketoe. Dont take short cuts on your amps. I will tell you what I like as I see that is what you are asking for. TRU Technology. Billet 6 to be exact. One amp solves it all. Or do a B4100 and B2100
Back to top Go down
OnYrMrk
Above Average Contributor
OnYrMrk

Number of posts : 893
Registration date : 2007-11-04

PostSubject: Re: amp recommendations   amp recommendations Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 2:21 pm

I have two Audison LRx 2.150's and one 1.400 for sale. Pm me if interested.
Back to top Go down
http://www.scentsy.com/wallis
bmuhammad1
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor

Number of posts : 318
Registration date : 2007-06-24

PostSubject: Re: amp recommendations   amp recommendations Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 3:41 pm

I have the Audison LRX6420 and the LRX1.500. They were plenty expensive but they are worth it. Dont short change on the amps...or the speakers for that matter.
Back to top Go down
Chris's Studio Civic

Number of posts : 687
Registration date : 2007-07-23

PostSubject: Re: amp recommendations   amp recommendations Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 10:26 pm

Well.....this is a strange discussion. On one hand an amp is an amp. It takes a signal in amplifies it and sends it on to your speakers. As long as is it is clean, and doesn't fail....it will do the job fine. Now that being said, i can give you examples of cars with amps that are not "high end" that sound unbelievable, and have won.

Mark Eldridge using JL HD amps
Mickey Brones using Old Rockford amps
My Honda using off the shelf JBL GTO amps
Gary Biggs using off the shelf JBL crown amps
Wilson Adcock using Rockford amps

Just to name a few.

Now on the flipside I have heard cars with some sick highend amps sound just as good

John Sketoe using Tru Tech amps
Jan Bennett using Steg amps
Lou Le using Steg Amps
Nick Wingate using Audison Amps
Dale Fontenote using Tube amps

So what I am saying is both ideas have merit...and both will work. You should buy a clean amp that reproduces signal with minimal or no coloration. Whether that amp be $200 or $2000, it doesn't matter. Buy the best amp you can afford that fits the parameters of your install.
Back to top Go down
jsketoe
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

Number of posts : 1587
Registration date : 2007-06-23

PostSubject: Re: amp recommendations   amp recommendations Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 11:33 pm

Clean power vs clean power amps sound pretty much the same. The pre-amp section is where your sonic signature issues come to play IMO. A lot of times that's where the money is spent is in just getting rid of that signature or getting one with a really hopped up pre-amp section to color the sound the way you want.

Give me good clean power, let ME tune the car...not the amp's pre-amp. We be in bidness.
Back to top Go down
emperorjj1
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
emperorjj1

PostSubject: Re: amp recommendations   amp recommendations Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 4:03 am

OnYrMrk wrote:
I have two Audison LRx 2.150's and one 1.400 for sale. Pm me if interested.

i would say the 2.1s but i doubt you can beat the employee accommodations from audison.
Back to top Go down
emperorjj1
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
emperorjj1

PostSubject: Re: amp recommendations   amp recommendations Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 4:07 am

jsketoe wrote:
for installation sake...I like to see the same brand and models. Just for asthetics.
Good clean power is what you are after. Pre-amp sections of amps color sound output. So, keep that in mind. Cheap won't = good in most cases unless you are looking at used...then it'd be OK.
I consider your amp like the engine of a performance car. Why put a LT1 in a FBody when you could have a LSX Warhawk if funds allow?

thats sorta the goal. originally i wanted only audison but i found a mcintosh for a damn good price so ill use that on my tweeters. So other then that i want to have matching amps. thats the only thing that sorta keeps me from the PPI. I just loved the sound (ive herd it on both midrange and sub bass) but i know i cant find matching amps if i go that route
Back to top Go down
kicker3c10

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2008-12-10

PostSubject: Re: amp recommendations   amp recommendations Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2008 3:17 am

I used to run a jbl gto220somethin' on my old system it sounded good, and if you wanted it to it would pound, but only put 75rms @4 ohms x2 but a bigger gto amp might fit your purpose
Back to top Go down
emperorjj1
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
emperorjj1

PostSubject: Re: amp recommendations   amp recommendations Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2008 4:13 am

i know this is stupid but if im gonna thread jack might as well make it my own... hey jay is your car going to CES again?
Back to top Go down
jayhawkblk
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
jayhawkblk

PostSubject: Re: amp recommendations   amp recommendations Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2008 10:59 pm

emperorjj1 wrote:
i know this is stupid but if im gonna thread jack might as well make it my own... hey jay is your car going to CES again?

No it is not going this year. It has become my daily driver with the economy being what it is I have sold a few of my other cars. I only have 2 now. My Bimmer and my MDX which my Fiance drives now. Plus I have gotten used to driving it and not willing to part with it again.
Back to top Go down
emperorjj1
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
emperorjj1

PostSubject: Re: amp recommendations   amp recommendations Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2008 12:38 am

thats cool... im sad i wanted listen to get a demo again.
Back to top Go down
jayhawkblk
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
jayhawkblk

PostSubject: Re: amp recommendations   amp recommendations Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2008 1:03 am

emperorjj1 wrote:
thats cool... im sad i wanted listen to get a demo again.

well I am not running Rainbow and Sinfoni any more. But come on out to KS and I will let you demo anytime.
Back to top Go down
emperorjj1
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
emperorjj1

PostSubject: Re: amp recommendations   amp recommendations Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2008 1:17 am

maybe one of these days... gas isnt as bad as its been but it would be a pricy trip
Back to top Go down
jimboshomey

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2008-12-19

PostSubject: Re: amp recommendations   amp recommendations Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2008 2:23 am

OHHHHHHHHHH LAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWD
Back to top Go down
OnYrMrk
OnYrMrk

Number of posts : 893
Registration date : 2007-11-04

PostSubject: Re: amp recommendations   amp recommendations Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2008 11:08 am

wtf?
Back to top Go down
http://www.scentsy.com/wallis
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: amp recommendations   amp recommendations Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

amp recommendations
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Mobile Audio Competitors Organization :: GENERAL DISCUSSION :: SOUND QUALITY DISCUSSION :: SOUND QUALITY-
Jump to: