Mobile Audio Competitors Organization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LOUDEST SPORT ON EARTH!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Joint Finals a success. USACI numbers down due to very remote (from USACI) location but better than expected. Results posted on web site.
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» STETSOM 7KD
U-Haul won't rent tow dolly's to Ford Explorers Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2020 7:37 pm by big bass joel

» any blown stetsom 7kd or 2k6d amps for sale
U-Haul won't rent tow dolly's to Ford Explorers Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 7:32 pm by big bass joel

» We need the forums back
U-Haul won't rent tow dolly's to Ford Explorers Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 2:41 pm by svillarrial

» THIS OLD FORUM IS ALIVE!!!! 6/14/17
U-Haul won't rent tow dolly's to Ford Explorers Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 11:11 pm by 80INCHES

» It's back up !
U-Haul won't rent tow dolly's to Ford Explorers Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 7:03 pm by chrisfish

» 2 Atomic apocalypse 12s D4
U-Haul won't rent tow dolly's to Ford Explorers Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 12:53 am by supersquirt

» well hello
U-Haul won't rent tow dolly's to Ford Explorers Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 5:46 am by TAMU

» WELLLWELLL
U-Haul won't rent tow dolly's to Ford Explorers Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 4:24 pm by Nice

» SLAMBOREE AUG 1 & 2
U-Haul won't rent tow dolly's to Ford Explorers Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 12:14 pm by Pro_Mom

Top posters
sanman
U-Haul won't rent tow dolly's to Ford Explorers Vote_lcapU-Haul won't rent tow dolly's to Ford Explorers Voting_barU-Haul won't rent tow dolly's to Ford Explorers Vote_rcap 
The_Rowlands
U-Haul won't rent tow dolly's to Ford Explorers Vote_lcapU-Haul won't rent tow dolly's to Ford Explorers Voting_barU-Haul won't rent tow dolly's to Ford Explorers Vote_rcap 
chrisfish
Stingraysevenout
scionsoloxb
TECH114
Alan
supadave
Moparbass28
Navi
Statistics
We have 1855 registered users
The newest registered user is Farenheit

Our users have posted a total of 222582 messages in 12665 subjects
Keywords
louisiana quad records globe state world chef disc silence record pics contest broken songs kyle drive Johncarr Audiopipe crank build stereo finals 2010 crzyblondgrl dollar 80inches
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of United States Autosound Competition International on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Mobile Audio Competitors Organization on your social bookmarking website

U-Haul won't rent tow dolly's to Ford Explorers

Go down 
+9
Crash
luckyT
DMAN
slumpinhonda
super stock crx
PhatSam
SQcrewcab
Twisted Image
Kicker Kevin
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Kicker Kevin
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Kicker Kevin

Number of posts : 1376
Registration date : 2007-06-29

U-Haul won't rent tow dolly's to Ford Explorers Empty
PostSubject: U-Haul won't rent tow dolly's to Ford Explorers   U-Haul won't rent tow dolly's to Ford Explorers Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2007 8:40 pm

Anyone know a way around this?
Penske only allows their own trucks to do the towing.
Back to top Go down
Twisted Image
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Twisted Image

Number of posts : 1111
Registration date : 2007-06-21

PostSubject: Re: U-Haul won't rent tow dolly's to Ford Explorers   U-Haul won't rent tow dolly's to Ford Explorers Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2007 8:45 pm

will they rent one to a honda civic? haha we do have a tow hitch for the civic....but I dont think that car would pull a crx home from texas
Back to top Go down
Kicker Kevin
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Kicker Kevin

PostSubject: Re: U-Haul won't rent tow dolly's to Ford Explorers   U-Haul won't rent tow dolly's to Ford Explorers Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2007 8:48 pm

They won't rent to a Ford Explorer period. It doesn't matter what is being towed.
Back to top Go down
SQcrewcab
Above Average Contributor
SQcrewcab

Number of posts : 801
Registration date : 2007-06-23

PostSubject: Re: U-Haul won't rent tow dolly's to Ford Explorers   U-Haul won't rent tow dolly's to Ford Explorers Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2007 9:33 pm

is it because of roll over issues in the past? I have a 3/4 ton chevy and we rent from uhaul because all money goes to equipment and not a trailer, well they wont let my buddy even pick the thing up in his Tahoe. What can a explorer tow? That may be why?
Back to top Go down
PhatSam
PhatSam

Number of posts : 628
Registration date : 2007-06-24

PostSubject: Re: U-Haul won't rent tow dolly's to Ford Explorers   U-Haul won't rent tow dolly's to Ford Explorers Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2007 9:53 pm

It is because the roll over issue. But I haven't figured out why they will rent to a blazer tho
Back to top Go down
super stock crx
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
super stock crx

Number of posts : 1834

PostSubject: Re: U-Haul won't rent tow dolly's to Ford Explorers   U-Haul won't rent tow dolly's to Ford Explorers Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2007 9:54 pm

you are going to have to rent it and tell them that you will pick it up later then come back later and pick it up. tell them you got another suv
Back to top Go down
slumpinhonda
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
slumpinhonda

Number of posts : 2938

PostSubject: Re: U-Haul won't rent tow dolly's to Ford Explorers   U-Haul won't rent tow dolly's to Ford Explorers Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2007 10:25 pm

go and pick it up with a truck drive it to where the exploder sits then swap vehicles then take it back when your done with the truck
Back to top Go down
DMAN
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
DMAN

Number of posts : 2007

PostSubject: Re: U-Haul won't rent tow dolly's to Ford Explorers   U-Haul won't rent tow dolly's to Ford Explorers Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2007 10:43 pm

Wow, I use a car dolly from Uhal every time I go out of town to pull my rex, but I pull it with a Trailblazer, I know you need at least a 2" ball.
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/darrenlaffan
Kicker Kevin
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Kicker Kevin

PostSubject: Re: U-Haul won't rent tow dolly's to Ford Explorers   U-Haul won't rent tow dolly's to Ford Explorers Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2007 10:45 pm

I planned on driving the Explorer down to TX, renting a tow dolly down there, and towing it back.
Back to top Go down
DMAN
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
DMAN

PostSubject: Re: U-Haul won't rent tow dolly's to Ford Explorers   U-Haul won't rent tow dolly's to Ford Explorers Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2007 10:53 pm

Kicker Kevin wrote:
I planned on driving the Explorer down to TX, renting a tow dolly down there, and towing it back.

You do know it is cheaper to get one in your area and tow it round trip dont you, they charge more for one way.
Back to top Go down
luckyT

Number of posts : 48

PostSubject: Re: U-Haul won't rent tow dolly's to Ford Explorers   U-Haul won't rent tow dolly's to Ford Explorers Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2007 12:30 am

Tell em it is a Mountaineer Wink Thats what I did. Dont know why they will rent one for a mountaineer and not an explorer since they are pretty much the same thing.
Back to top Go down
Kicker Kevin
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Kicker Kevin

PostSubject: Re: U-Haul won't rent tow dolly's to Ford Explorers   U-Haul won't rent tow dolly's to Ford Explorers Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2007 12:39 am

DMAN wrote:
Kicker Kevin wrote:

You do know it is cheaper to get one in your area and tow it round trip dont you, they charge more for one way.

That is true!
Back to top Go down
Crash
Crash

Number of posts : 782

PostSubject: Re: U-Haul won't rent tow dolly's to Ford Explorers   U-Haul won't rent tow dolly's to Ford Explorers Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2007 12:58 am

Try a equipment rental place. I rented one from the ace hardware in town. It cost me 30 bucks for 24 hours. They did not care what i towed it with has long has it had insurance. The only thing they asked was that you did not tow a big car.
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/christopherjeffery
blakes
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
blakes

Number of posts : 168
Registration date : 2007-07-04

PostSubject: Re: U-Haul won't rent tow dolly's to Ford Explorers   U-Haul won't rent tow dolly's to Ford Explorers Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2007 1:25 am

drive to blakes we will rent ya one
Back to top Go down
Kicker Kevin
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Kicker Kevin

PostSubject: Re: U-Haul won't rent tow dolly's to Ford Explorers   U-Haul won't rent tow dolly's to Ford Explorers Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2007 11:18 am

blakes wrote:

Where is Blakes?
Back to top Go down
T Burns
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
T Burns

Number of posts : 177
Registration date : 2007-06-26

PostSubject: Re: U-Haul won't rent tow dolly's to Ford Explorers   U-Haul won't rent tow dolly's to Ford Explorers Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2007 12:03 pm

Kicker Kevin wrote:
blakes wrote:

Where is Blakes?

he must have not seen the other thread for "post your location"....LOL

Kevin, he is Iowa, I think the town is Harlan....pretty close to Omaha.
Back to top Go down
KC_LOUD&CLEAR
KC_LOUD&CLEAR

Number of posts : 909
Location : THE LAND OF OZ! Dear Auntie em hate you, hate kansas, took the freakin dog! Dorthy!
Registration date : 2007-06-25

PostSubject: Re: U-Haul won't rent tow dolly's to Ford Explorers   U-Haul won't rent tow dolly's to Ford Explorers Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2007 1:12 pm

Kicker Kevin wrote:
blakes wrote:

Where is Blakes?

kevin were hooked up with uhaul across the street! we can get this done no problem!
Back to top Go down
Kicker Kevin
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Kicker Kevin

PostSubject: Re: U-Haul won't rent tow dolly's to Ford Explorers   U-Haul won't rent tow dolly's to Ford Explorers Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2007 2:54 pm

KC_LOUD&CLEAR wrote:

kevin were hooked up with uhaul across the street! we can get this done no problem!

I will let you know.
Back to top Go down
blakes
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
blakes

Number of posts : 168
Registration date : 2007-07-04

PostSubject: Re: U-Haul won't rent tow dolly's to Ford Explorers   U-Haul won't rent tow dolly's to Ford Explorers Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2007 4:57 pm

ya harlan iowa if ya cant get one contact marty 733-8135
Back to top Go down
super stock crx
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
super stock crx

PostSubject: Re: U-Haul won't rent tow dolly's to Ford Explorers   U-Haul won't rent tow dolly's to Ford Explorers Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2007 5:22 pm

luckyT wrote:
Tell em it is a Mountaineer Wink Thats what I did. Dont know why they will rent one for a mountaineer and not an explorer since they are pretty much the same thing.
you know i never thought about that
Back to top Go down
Kicker Kevin
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Kicker Kevin

PostSubject: Re: U-Haul won't rent tow dolly's to Ford Explorers   U-Haul won't rent tow dolly's to Ford Explorers Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2007 5:23 pm

super stock crx wrote:
luckyT wrote:
you know i never thought about that

Then you go to get hitched up, and they say, "well this isn't a Mountaineer, it is an Explorer....we don't rent to Explorers"
Back to top Go down
super stock crx
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
super stock crx

PostSubject: Re: U-Haul won't rent tow dolly's to Ford Explorers   U-Haul won't rent tow dolly's to Ford Explorers Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2007 5:26 pm

i dont think they come outside
Back to top Go down
Kicker Kevin
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Kicker Kevin

PostSubject: Re: U-Haul won't rent tow dolly's to Ford Explorers   U-Haul won't rent tow dolly's to Ford Explorers Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2007 5:31 pm

super stock crx wrote:
i dont think they come outside

Yep the do. I have done if more than a few times, just not with an Explorer.
Back to top Go down
DMAN
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
DMAN

PostSubject: Re: U-Haul won't rent tow dolly's to Ford Explorers   U-Haul won't rent tow dolly's to Ford Explorers Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2007 6:23 pm

yeah, they come out and latch it to your vehical.

Last edited by on Wed Aug 01, 2007 6:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
super stock crx
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
super stock crx

PostSubject: Re: U-Haul won't rent tow dolly's to Ford Explorers   U-Haul won't rent tow dolly's to Ford Explorers Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2007 6:26 pm

really slip them a $lol! 20
Back to top Go down
Shedluv

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2007-07-11

PostSubject: Re: U-Haul won't rent tow dolly's to Ford Explorers   U-Haul won't rent tow dolly's to Ford Explorers Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2007 3:03 am

I found out this after USACi finals two years ago. They wouldn't rent one to McCool in his V8 Explorer. If you want to drive out to Lawrence, I can go pick one up with my S10 and then let you swap it to the Explorer at my house (assuming they'll let an S10 pull one, you'll have to call). Buy me lunch and I will call it a deal. Only thing is then you would have to drive to your house and drop off the CRX, then bring the trailer back to Lawrence (or do a two locations thing). email me if ya still need help... mathman5@hotmail.com

Another option would be to tell them that it is a local thing for 2 days and rent their pickup with it (it should be like $20-30 a day plus mileage). Leave the pickup at home for the mileage and then drive to TX and back with the Explorer. Return pickup and trailer together.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: U-Haul won't rent tow dolly's to Ford Explorers   U-Haul won't rent tow dolly's to Ford Explorers Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

U-Haul won't rent tow dolly's to Ford Explorers
Page 1 of 1