Mobile Audio Competitors Organization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LOUDEST SPORT ON EARTH!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Joint Finals a success. USACI numbers down due to very remote (from USACI) location but better than expected. Results posted on web site.
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» STETSOM 7KD
If you're going to finals in SQ, ya better read this! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2020 7:37 pm by big bass joel

» any blown stetsom 7kd or 2k6d amps for sale
If you're going to finals in SQ, ya better read this! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 7:32 pm by big bass joel

» We need the forums back
If you're going to finals in SQ, ya better read this! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 2:41 pm by svillarrial

» THIS OLD FORUM IS ALIVE!!!! 6/14/17
If you're going to finals in SQ, ya better read this! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 11:11 pm by 80INCHES

» It's back up !
If you're going to finals in SQ, ya better read this! Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 7:03 pm by chrisfish

» 2 Atomic apocalypse 12s D4
If you're going to finals in SQ, ya better read this! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 12:53 am by supersquirt

» well hello
If you're going to finals in SQ, ya better read this! Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 5:46 am by TAMU

» WELLLWELLL
If you're going to finals in SQ, ya better read this! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 4:24 pm by Nice

» SLAMBOREE AUG 1 & 2
If you're going to finals in SQ, ya better read this! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 12:14 pm by Pro_Mom

Top posters
sanman
If you're going to finals in SQ, ya better read this! Vote_lcapIf you're going to finals in SQ, ya better read this! Voting_barIf you're going to finals in SQ, ya better read this! Vote_rcap 
The_Rowlands
If you're going to finals in SQ, ya better read this! Vote_lcapIf you're going to finals in SQ, ya better read this! Voting_barIf you're going to finals in SQ, ya better read this! Vote_rcap 
chrisfish
Stingraysevenout
scionsoloxb
TECH114
Alan
supadave
Moparbass28
Navi
Statistics
We have 1855 registered users
The newest registered user is Farenheit

Our users have posted a total of 222582 messages in 12665 subjects
Keywords
80inches dollar Johncarr Audiopipe louisiana broken record state drive pics stereo chef contest kyle quad build 2010 world crank globe silence records crzyblondgrl disc finals songs
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of United States Autosound Competition International on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Mobile Audio Competitors Organization on your social bookmarking website

If you're going to finals in SQ, ya better read this!

Go down 
+6
Jan Bennett
TeamCobra1
tijuana_no
jsketoe
Chris's Studio Civic
txcomp
10 posters
AuthorMessage
txcomp
Admin
Admin
txcomp

Number of posts : 287
Registration date : 2007-06-22

If you're going to finals in SQ, ya better read this! Empty
PostSubject: If you're going to finals in SQ, ya better read this!   If you're going to finals in SQ, ya better read this! Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2008 7:27 pm

Just what the title says. If you’re going to finals for SQ then ya better read this before you leave.

The bald guy and I had a discussion about some specifics at finals today. The discussion centered around 2 specific categories.

1: Which disc are we using?
2: BOS?

What disc are we using?? Believe it or not, there was a discovery made at the office in the past couple of days. That discovery included a FEW of the Focal discs that we used a couple of years ago. After some discussion with the HBIC, we are going to use the Focal disc and NOT the wheel disc. Let the retunin’ begin!!

What about BOS?? Since there are no power classes, there really can’t be a BOS in a division. I detailed some of the specifics on that in another post. Oddly, while I was literally on the phone with Ralph discussing this very subject, Jan (or maybe Monte) put a post up that made me swear she was in on the conversation. Here’s how it’s gonna work.

We WILL have secret shoppers out on patrol this year. What those shoppers will be looking for is what Ralph deemed “curb appeal”. What this means is that the person with a really nice car/system, nice creative display, willingness to show off the car, use unique presentation methods, etc will be considered for the BOS judging round. I will be briefing the secret shoppers to make sure that all of the aforementioned criteria are met before a car is put on their lists. There will be 5-10 vehicles selected by each secret shopper. Those selections will be turned in to Ralph and me and pared to 4 or 5 vehicles. Basically the duplicate nominations from the secret shoppers will be kept. Those 4 or 5 vehicles will then be rejudged by me, Ralph and possibly others on installation and SQ. I believe Ralph will be judging install and me and possibly a couple of others will be judging sound. So basically, the car with great sound, great attention to detail, great fit and finish and a creative install will win BOS, no matter what division or class they are in.
Back to top Go down
http://www.soundoff.org
Chris's Studio Civic
Above Average Contributor

Number of posts : 687
Registration date : 2007-07-23

PostSubject: Re: If you're going to finals in SQ, ya better read this!   If you're going to finals in SQ, ya better read this! Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2008 8:55 pm

Tim...you rock. We will actually have low end in the tracks this year! Can't wait to get there.
Back to top Go down
jsketoe
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

Number of posts : 1587
Registration date : 2007-06-23

PostSubject: Re: If you're going to finals in SQ, ya better read this!   If you're going to finals in SQ, ya better read this! Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2008 11:33 pm

Focal disc=awesomeness.
Back to top Go down
tijuana_no
tijuana_no

Number of posts : 709
Registration date : 2007-09-12

PostSubject: Re: If you're going to finals in SQ, ya better read this!   If you're going to finals in SQ, ya better read this! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 3:10 am

Chris's Studio Civic wrote:
Tim...you rock. We will actually have low end in the tracks this year! Can't wait to get there.

IS THAT THE SAME CD YOU USE IN AUSTIN HEATWAVE?OR YOU HAD .
Back to top Go down
TeamCobra1
TeamCobra1

Number of posts : 593
Registration date : 2007-08-17

PostSubject: Re: If you're going to finals in SQ, ya better read this!   If you're going to finals in SQ, ya better read this! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 8:18 am

so these secret shoppers will pick the cars off of curb appeal and willingness to show their car......does sound ever actually come into play in this....im not saying that this is a bad idea im just curious if these people will b listening t the cars
Back to top Go down
Jan Bennett
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor

Number of posts : 279

PostSubject: Re: If you're going to finals in SQ, ya better read this!   If you're going to finals in SQ, ya better read this! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 9:20 am

Sounds great!

Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.mj-garage.com
SQLAltima
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2008-11-13

PostSubject: Re: If you're going to finals in SQ, ya better read this!   If you're going to finals in SQ, ya better read this! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 9:59 am

For those of us which this is our first year in USACi---will we be provided copies of the CD at the show--before judging? Or do we just have to wing it?
Back to top Go down
txcomp
Admin
Admin
txcomp

Number of posts : 287

PostSubject: Re: If you're going to finals in SQ, ya better read this!   If you're going to finals in SQ, ya better read this! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 12:37 pm

Mickey, the secret shoppers qualify the cars for BOS and once they are qualified, they will be judged on install and SQ by most likely Ralph and I (and possibly others).

Altima, there are SUPPOSED to be discs available but I would make plans to borrow someone's disc at the show to put a tune on your car if it is that far off. There will be plenty of people there at the show that have the disc and one of the great things about USACi SQ guys is that they are usually more than willing to help each other out.
Back to top Go down
http://www.soundoff.org
TeamCobra1
TeamCobra1

PostSubject: Re: If you're going to finals in SQ, ya better read this!   If you're going to finals in SQ, ya better read this! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 7:37 pm

but their only picked by looks and showmnshit.....in a SQ best fof show....not really for this but what do I care im not competing....good job on the disc though
Back to top Go down
TeamCobra1
TeamCobra1

PostSubject: Re: If you're going to finals in SQ, ya better read this!   If you're going to finals in SQ, ya better read this! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 9:08 pm

the reason I don't like the format is this....cars that r built on a stealth theme will most likely not have a chance to qualify....if this was the way they did things back in the day I would have a few less best of shows.....1997 for example when I won BOS for the first time....my car was very simple and extremely clean install with good sound.....no curb appeal what so ever....never would of had a chance

im not bitchn just looking at it at a different angle
Back to top Go down
blkaudi

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2008-01-31

PostSubject: Re: If you're going to finals in SQ, ya better read this!   If you're going to finals in SQ, ya better read this! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 10:29 pm

Crap, the Focal disc. I don't have a copy of the Focal disc. Ok, I'm screwed.
Back to top Go down
Chris's Studio Civic

PostSubject: Re: If you're going to finals in SQ, ya better read this!   If you're going to finals in SQ, ya better read this! Icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2008 12:09 am

look, this is basically the second focal disc. Personally, it really doesn't matter which disc you use. If your car is tuned correctly it will reproduce what ever crap you shove in the cd transport accurately.
Back to top Go down
tijuana_no
tijuana_no

Number of posts : 709
Registration date : 2007-09-12

PostSubject: Re: If you're going to finals in SQ, ya better read this!   If you're going to finals in SQ, ya better read this! Icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2008 1:40 am

look, this is basically the second focal disc. Personally, it really doesn't matter which disc you use. If your car is tuned correctly it will reproduce what ever crap you shove in the cd transport accurately.

x2
Back to top Go down
Chris's Studio Civic

PostSubject: Re: If you're going to finals in SQ, ya better read this!   If you're going to finals in SQ, ya better read this! Icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2008 2:31 am

Nick, Brenda, jan, monte, and adam.........Stop reading the forums and go to bed! LOL!
Back to top Go down
Chris's Studio Civic

PostSubject: Re: If you're going to finals in SQ, ya better read this!   If you're going to finals in SQ, ya better read this! Icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2008 2:39 am

seriously.....stop talking about your new crazy azz pillars and got to bed! LOL
Back to top Go down
Chris's Studio Civic

PostSubject: Re: If you're going to finals in SQ, ya better read this!   If you're going to finals in SQ, ya better read this! Icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2008 2:41 am

your getting very sleepy.......very sleepy.......very.....very....sleepy.
Back to top Go down
jkrob21
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
jkrob21

Number of posts : 1476
Registration date : 2007-06-25

PostSubject: Re: If you're going to finals in SQ, ya better read this!   If you're going to finals in SQ, ya better read this! Icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2008 5:29 am

your getting very sleepy.......very sleepy.......very.....very....sleepy.

I'm not sleepy yet. I'ts a good thing I'm already in Dallas!
Back to top Go down
Jan Bennett
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor

Number of posts : 279

PostSubject: Re: If you're going to finals in SQ, ya better read this!   If you're going to finals in SQ, ya better read this! Icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2008 9:45 am

heh - ended up going to bed about 2am.

Smile

Up early to get started on everything...including GUMBO!
Back to top Go down
http://www.mj-garage.com
OnYrMrk
OnYrMrk

Number of posts : 893
Registration date : 2007-11-04

PostSubject: Re: If you're going to finals in SQ, ya better read this!   If you're going to finals in SQ, ya better read this! Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 11:38 pm

Some pretty awesome Gumbo I might add.
Back to top Go down
http://www.scentsy.com/wallis
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: If you're going to finals in SQ, ya better read this!   If you're going to finals in SQ, ya better read this! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

If you're going to finals in SQ, ya better read this!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Mobile Audio Competitors Organization :: GENERAL DISCUSSION :: SOUND QUALITY DISCUSSION :: SOUND QUALITY-
Jump to: