Mobile Audio Competitors Organization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LOUDEST SPORT ON EARTH!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Joint Finals a success. USACI numbers down due to very remote (from USACI) location but better than expected. Results posted on web site.
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» STETSOM 7KD
What can Usaci do to bring in new competitors - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2020 7:37 pm by big bass joel

» any blown stetsom 7kd or 2k6d amps for sale
What can Usaci do to bring in new competitors - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 7:32 pm by big bass joel

» We need the forums back
What can Usaci do to bring in new competitors - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 2:41 pm by svillarrial

» THIS OLD FORUM IS ALIVE!!!! 6/14/17
What can Usaci do to bring in new competitors - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 11:11 pm by 80INCHES

» It's back up !
What can Usaci do to bring in new competitors - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 7:03 pm by chrisfish

» 2 Atomic apocalypse 12s D4
What can Usaci do to bring in new competitors - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 12:53 am by supersquirt

» well hello
What can Usaci do to bring in new competitors - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 5:46 am by TAMU

» WELLLWELLL
What can Usaci do to bring in new competitors - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 4:24 pm by Nice

» SLAMBOREE AUG 1 & 2
What can Usaci do to bring in new competitors - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 12:14 pm by Pro_Mom

Top posters
sanman
What can Usaci do to bring in new competitors - Page 4 Vote_lcapWhat can Usaci do to bring in new competitors - Page 4 Voting_barWhat can Usaci do to bring in new competitors - Page 4 Vote_rcap 
The_Rowlands
What can Usaci do to bring in new competitors - Page 4 Vote_lcapWhat can Usaci do to bring in new competitors - Page 4 Voting_barWhat can Usaci do to bring in new competitors - Page 4 Vote_rcap 
chrisfish
Stingraysevenout
scionsoloxb
TECH114
Alan
supadave
Moparbass28
Navi
Statistics
We have 1855 registered users
The newest registered user is Farenheit

Our users have posted a total of 222582 messages in 12665 subjects
Keywords
chef finals stereo Johncarr songs 80inches broken crzyblondgrl globe world records build silence disc dollar louisiana contest record quad crank 2010 pics state drive Audiopipe kyle
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of United States Autosound Competition International on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Mobile Audio Competitors Organization on your social bookmarking website

What can Usaci do to bring in new competitors

Go down 
+34
gignmofo
JLG Entertainment
slumpinhonda
danielsd
Greg McCool
tragicsounds
BillGass
Tim Schaffer
shadescustomtint
Stingraysevenout
iowan
XFL-Leader
TECH114
thunderchicken
ktsstratus
STREETBEATZ19
The_Rowlands
KC_LOUD&CLEAR
sanman
scionsoloxb
Navi
TAMU
aphinney
rd s10
supadave
HellRzR
djman37
Alan
dbracer79
ibbangin
Magoo
Skip01
mschwitz
38 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
mschwitz
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
mschwitz

Number of posts : 1125
Registration date : 2007-06-26

What can Usaci do to bring in new competitors - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: What can Usaci do to bring in new competitors   What can Usaci do to bring in new competitors - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2008 11:34 am

First topic message reminder :

As it says. Show turn outs are way down. The old big boys are still around. What can be done to get the new guys into Usaci again? I know this has been brought up before, but seriously, we need to do something to get new competitors or this will die out in a few years. Promoters aren't going to keep doing shows with the turnouts we have been getting the last two years. What can Usaci do or what as competitors can we do to get new blood in the sport?
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

Number of posts : 12087
Registration date : 2007-06-23

PostSubject: Re: What can Usaci do to bring in new competitors   What can Usaci do to bring in new competitors - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 5:54 pm

hey magoo can i get that last statement broke down man cause im not up to speed on iowa ebonics man lol
Back to top Go down
ibbangin
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
ibbangin

Number of posts : 1906
Registration date : 2007-07-13

PostSubject: Re: What can Usaci do to bring in new competitors   What can Usaci do to bring in new competitors - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 7:03 pm

i say if u cheat u should be banned the first offence 4 eva
Back to top Go down
scionsoloxb
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
scionsoloxb

Number of posts : 4832
Registration date : 2007-06-22

PostSubject: Re: What can Usaci do to bring in new competitors   What can Usaci do to bring in new competitors - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 7:05 pm

ibbangin wrote:
this is just caraudio. do you get paid to do this? scratch
Back to top Go down
The_Rowlands
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
The_Rowlands

Number of posts : 7398
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: What can Usaci do to bring in new competitors   What can Usaci do to bring in new competitors - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 7:13 pm

ibbangin wrote:
i agree to some degree.
Back to top Go down
Stingraysevenout
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
Stingraysevenout

Number of posts : 6002

PostSubject: Re: What can Usaci do to bring in new competitors   What can Usaci do to bring in new competitors - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 7:40 pm

OUCH..... NOW THATS. WOW
Back to top Go down
shadescustomtint
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
shadescustomtint

Number of posts : 1631
Registration date : 2007-11-28

PostSubject: Re: What can Usaci do to bring in new competitors   What can Usaci do to bring in new competitors - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 7:55 pm

I didnt know there was a bunch of cheaters in this sport "off with their heads" lol
Back to top Go down
shadescustomtint
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
shadescustomtint

Number of posts : 1631
Registration date : 2007-11-28

PostSubject: Re: What can Usaci do to bring in new competitors   What can Usaci do to bring in new competitors - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 7:58 pm

I know quit whining on the forum that'll bring new people to the sport
Back to top Go down
Tim Schaffer
Above Average Contributor
Tim Schaffer

Number of posts : 655
Registration date : 2007-06-25

PostSubject: Re: What can Usaci do to bring in new competitors   What can Usaci do to bring in new competitors - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 8:42 pm

aphinney wrote:
agreed...i think team sweep is doin the best at this you speak of..

we try...if you can help the new ppl by talking with them and offering tips looking at the car ect ect. that helps more then you know. and if you do get lucky and find diehard new ppl at shows put them under your wing show them the ropes hell they might end up better than the teacher lol
Back to top Go down
Tim Schaffer
Tim Schaffer

PostSubject: Re: What can Usaci do to bring in new competitors   What can Usaci do to bring in new competitors - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 8:47 pm

[quote="aphinney"]i have sportsmanship ....lol ask tim s. last year at finals what we did for eachother and we were beating up against eachother in the same damn class....

Very Happy cheers
Back to top Go down
BillGass
BillGass

Number of posts : 893

PostSubject: Re: What can Usaci do to bring in new competitors   What can Usaci do to bring in new competitors - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 11:30 am

XFL-Leader wrote:
2. Retail involvement. I believe it begins with the Retailer. If the local shops are not into competition and are not promoting sound offs. Then the custumers don't know anything about it. Even if the local shops have to work together.

This is why we came up with the SOUNDBEAT OFF's. They're open format, not pressure on the kids. If the line isn't huge behind them they may run 6 or more times in a row, to get the hang of it, find their note etc. Then they will go run their car (charge) and come back through later to see what they can really do. Others will swap boxes with friends, swap amps, pull back seats, u name it . All having a good time, sharing ideas and getting excited about what we do. If you have a meter, a mic and a speaker (PA) you can have a show like this. Then when they come to a USACi show they know what to expect, have an idea of what they are capable of and hopefully have a good time.

Even though I have never done them, local classes are probably the way to go. Trunk, stock, mod, sb. 4 simple classes. Small trophies, small entry fee and let them aspire to compete in the regular classes. Year ago we ran a 'virgin' class. you could only compete in it once. You were only allowed in it had NEVER competed before. A true virgin. Unlike what many women may think, you can only be a virgin once. Your vriginity never comes back so once and only once. EVERY winner in that class went on to spend a good chunk of change with the store. I forgot all about that. I may have to bring it back next year.

OK I am done rambling. My main point was to reinforce that if we, the retailers, do not get involved it's not going to work. The calsses can be changed a billionty times, but without us getting our hands dirty, without us showing the new kids that this is fun, that we care, they will never come back, they will never bring their friends out. We generate the excitement, we have to show them it's fun & cool to do what we do.
Back to top Go down
tragicsounds
tragicsounds

Number of posts : 992
Registration date : 2008-02-15

PostSubject: Re: What can Usaci do to bring in new competitors   What can Usaci do to bring in new competitors - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 11:56 am

Tim Schaffer wrote:
aphinney wrote:

we try...if you can help the new ppl by talking with them and offering tips looking at the car ect ect. that helps more then you know. and if you do get lucky and find diehard new ppl at shows put them under your wing show them the ropes hell they might end up better than the teacher lol

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Greg McCool
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Greg McCool

Number of posts : 1960
Registration date : 2007-09-05

PostSubject: Re: What can Usaci do to bring in new competitors   What can Usaci do to bring in new competitors - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 11:57 am

tragicsounds wrote:
Tim Schaffer wrote:
aphinney wrote:

cheers cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
tragicsounds
tragicsounds

PostSubject: Re: What can Usaci do to bring in new competitors   What can Usaci do to bring in new competitors - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 12:00 pm

Greg McCool wrote:
tragicsounds wrote:
Tim Schaffer wrote:
aphinney wrote:

cheers cheers cheers cheers

king king king king
Back to top Go down
danielsd
danielsd

Number of posts : 28

PostSubject: Re: What can Usaci do to bring in new competitors   What can Usaci do to bring in new competitors - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 12:19 pm

I was a first Year competitor back in 2005. Competed all year and even went to finals and hated every minute I was at the show. Let's see I was cheated at Final's because the lady that was running the mic in my lane had changed the value setting on the mic and cost me a second place. Then they let the person that gor first run cheater amps in that class to where noone could beat them. I was accused of cheating one time because i was trying to run a single cab pick-up with a box that was just behind the rear mounting bolts and I ended up achiving a score of an 150.5 and was told i could not run it anymore because it wasn't legal. I just got feed up with all the BS that was involved in running id USACI, so I haven't competed with them since. I just wish it could be alot better and fair sport for everyone to do. I love Spl but if I have to be stressed out and angry with it all the time then there is no sense in being in the sport. Another thing about it of why I quit is there were never any shows that were close to me. The closes one was about 4 hours away and the way gas is right now I would have to take out a bank just to compete again. I hope this may help some of ya'll. All I am trying to say is get rid of all the cheaters, actually follow the rules and do what you say you are going to do, verify the equipment, and make sure everyone is were they are suppose to be.
P.S as for the CRX's i love a good challenge because if I were to get back in it I think I could give them a run for their money and no I don't own a S-10 either. I have 1 sub with 1 battery and stock alternator and doing numbers around 153db's so pound for pound I could beat some of the CRX's . OK I will quit venting out. Maybe I will see you guy's in the future
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/mechanicman73
tragicsounds
tragicsounds

PostSubject: Re: What can Usaci do to bring in new competitors   What can Usaci do to bring in new competitors - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 12:49 pm

We hope so and bring this car or vehicle you are talking about
Back to top Go down
slumpinhonda
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
slumpinhonda

Number of posts : 2938

PostSubject: Re: What can Usaci do to bring in new competitors   What can Usaci do to bring in new competitors - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 2:03 pm

id say i do what phinney and magoo is talkin bout too...........i help just about every kid that comes and asks me for help and am more than happy to explain things to them if need be and help troubleshoot their problems........i know bill and danny both do the same thing as well as a few of our other guys
Back to top Go down
JLG Entertainment
Admin
Admin
JLG Entertainment

Number of posts : 416
Registration date : 2007-06-21

PostSubject: Re: What can Usaci do to bring in new competitors   What can Usaci do to bring in new competitors - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 2:53 pm

CRX's from strut tower and back or allow box to l come to b pillar in all hatch backs.
Back to top Go down
https://usaci.forumotion.com
danielsd
danielsd

Number of posts : 28

PostSubject: Re: What can Usaci do to bring in new competitors   What can Usaci do to bring in new competitors - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 2:57 pm

I like that idea USACI MD. sounds fair to me. Why should they be the only one's who can fit 6 subs in a hatch.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/mechanicman73
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

PostSubject: Re: What can Usaci do to bring in new competitors   What can Usaci do to bring in new competitors - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 3:02 pm

yes it was a fare format for b. stock when it was there
Back to top Go down
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

PostSubject: Re: What can Usaci do to bring in new competitors   What can Usaci do to bring in new competitors - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 3:02 pm

2 12's still almost did 156 though lol
Back to top Go down
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

PostSubject: Re: What can Usaci do to bring in new competitors   What can Usaci do to bring in new competitors - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 3:04 pm

point being you can limit what ever you want to people will still get any vehicle loud no matter what. There will always be certain people that can get what they use loud no matter how limiting the rules get, and others will always complain about it for they cant do the same.
Back to top Go down
tragicsounds
tragicsounds

PostSubject: Re: What can Usaci do to bring in new competitors   What can Usaci do to bring in new competitors - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 3:11 pm

sanman wrote:
point being you can limit what ever you want to people will still get any vehicle loud no matter what. There will always be certain people that can get what they use loud no matter how limiting the rules get, and others will always complain about it for they cant do the same.

theres always a way just like you said you just got to find it and test it
Back to top Go down
aphinney
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
aphinney

Number of posts : 1305

PostSubject: Re: What can Usaci do to bring in new competitors   What can Usaci do to bring in new competitors - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 4:00 pm

well i can tell ya right now...that numbers wouldnt change if that is the new rule....
Back to top Go down
Greg McCool
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Greg McCool

Number of posts : 1960
Registration date : 2007-09-05

PostSubject: Re: What can Usaci do to bring in new competitors   What can Usaci do to bring in new competitors - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 4:16 pm

USACI MD wrote:
CRX's from strut tower and back or allow box to l come to b pillar in all hatch backs.

If you did that you must make all mini's have ALL equipment in the truck(nothing in the bed).
Back to top Go down
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

PostSubject: Re: What can Usaci do to bring in new competitors   What can Usaci do to bring in new competitors - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 4:38 pm

i agree with greg on that one myself fare is fare both should have the same amount of usable room
Back to top Go down
tragicsounds
tragicsounds

PostSubject: Re: What can Usaci do to bring in new competitors   What can Usaci do to bring in new competitors - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 4:53 pm

Greg McCool wrote:
USACI MD wrote:

If you did that you must make all mini's have ALL equipment in the truck(nothing in the bed).

X100
Back to top Go down
gignmofo
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor

Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2007-07-13

PostSubject: Re: What can Usaci do to bring in new competitors   What can Usaci do to bring in new competitors - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 5:22 pm

1. Stop bickering with each other.

2. stop making major changes to the rules every year. Imagine if they did that in any other sport.

3. Make a "Crowning Event". World finals the way it is, is kinda just like another comp that people have to drive far as hell to reach. Pay real cash prizes(x000's) and have real press coverage(you may have to pay for this(Audio magazines). Have the world finals on G4 or some other cable outlet.

4. Have a spokes person or ambassador of the sport. One that can speak intelligently and fluently.

5. and lastly, remember this is a niche sport(or engineering exercise). It is never going to have widespread appeal. Treat each other with respect and have some dignity in the way you carry yourselves. This is the most important thing of all.

Peace
Back to top Go down
Tim Schaffer
Tim Schaffer

PostSubject: Re: What can Usaci do to bring in new competitors   What can Usaci do to bring in new competitors - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 5:43 pm

gignmofo wrote:
1. Stop bickering with each other.

2. stop making major changes to the rules every year. Imagine if they did that in any other sport.

3. Make a "Crowning Event". World finals the way it is, is kinda just like another comp that people have to drive far as hell to reach. Pay real cash prizes(x000's) and have real press coverage(you may have to pay for this(Audio magazines). Have the world finals on G4 or some other cable outlet.

4. Have a spokes person or ambassador of the sport. One that can speak intelligently and fluently.

5. and lastly, remember this is a niche sport(or engineering exercise). It is never going to have widespread appeal. Treat each other with respect and have some dignity in the way you carry yourselves. This is the most important thing of all.

Peace

Shocked cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
aphinney
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
aphinney

Number of posts : 1305

PostSubject: Re: What can Usaci do to bring in new competitors   What can Usaci do to bring in new competitors - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 5:48 pm

sanman wrote:
i agree with greg on that one myself fare is fare both should have the same amount of usable room

much respect on that post sanman....much respect
Back to top Go down
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

PostSubject: Re: What can Usaci do to bring in new competitors   What can Usaci do to bring in new competitors - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 5:56 pm

in b. stock of course
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What can Usaci do to bring in new competitors   What can Usaci do to bring in new competitors - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What can Usaci do to bring in new competitors
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next