Mobile Audio Competitors Organization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LOUDEST SPORT ON EARTH!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Joint Finals a success. USACI numbers down due to very remote (from USACI) location but better than expected. Results posted on web site.
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» STETSOM 7KD
MMATS - Modifying my Mmats amp. Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2020 7:37 pm by big bass joel

» any blown stetsom 7kd or 2k6d amps for sale
MMATS - Modifying my Mmats amp. Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 7:32 pm by big bass joel

» We need the forums back
MMATS - Modifying my Mmats amp. Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 2:41 pm by svillarrial

» THIS OLD FORUM IS ALIVE!!!! 6/14/17
MMATS - Modifying my Mmats amp. Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 11:11 pm by 80INCHES

» It's back up !
MMATS - Modifying my Mmats amp. Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 7:03 pm by chrisfish

» 2 Atomic apocalypse 12s D4
MMATS - Modifying my Mmats amp. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 12:53 am by supersquirt

» well hello
MMATS - Modifying my Mmats amp. Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 5:46 am by TAMU

» WELLLWELLL
MMATS - Modifying my Mmats amp. Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 4:24 pm by Nice

» SLAMBOREE AUG 1 & 2
MMATS - Modifying my Mmats amp. Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 12:14 pm by Pro_Mom

Top posters
sanman
MMATS - Modifying my Mmats amp. Vote_lcapMMATS - Modifying my Mmats amp. Voting_barMMATS - Modifying my Mmats amp. Vote_rcap 
The_Rowlands
MMATS - Modifying my Mmats amp. Vote_lcapMMATS - Modifying my Mmats amp. Voting_barMMATS - Modifying my Mmats amp. Vote_rcap 
chrisfish
Stingraysevenout
scionsoloxb
TECH114
Alan
supadave
Moparbass28
Navi
Statistics
We have 1855 registered users
The newest registered user is Farenheit

Our users have posted a total of 222582 messages in 12665 subjects
Keywords
world disc broken louisiana quad state globe silence stereo Audiopipe dollar crank songs Johncarr 2010 drive build pics contest records chef kyle record 80inches finals crzyblondgrl
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of United States Autosound Competition International on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Mobile Audio Competitors Organization on your social bookmarking website

Modifying my Mmats amp.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
MmatsDude

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2008-08-20

MMATS - Modifying my Mmats amp. Empty
PostSubject: Modifying my Mmats amp.   MMATS - Modifying my Mmats amp. Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 6:03 pm

Hello everyone Im new here. Very Happy Greetings to all.

Well my question is that I don't know wich of my Mmats amp to get modded. I have a Mmats D2100.2 1550 wrms @ 2ohms and a Mmats D2000.05 1500 wrms @ .5 ohms. I was told that I need to send in my amp to Mmats so they could have the job done. But I don't know wich amp to get Modified. Wich one would you guys suggest getting modded? Also would I notice a big diference in power when modified?

I have bein told that @ .5 ohms my subs will heat up faster and blow up. Is this true? I have 2 Dual FI SSD's Loaded(BP power and Flatwind. They could handle 1000 wrms each without a problem.
Back to top Go down
slumpinhonda
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
slumpinhonda

Number of posts : 2938
Registration date : 2007-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Modifying my Mmats amp.   MMATS - Modifying my Mmats amp. Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 7:27 pm

MmatsDude wrote:
Hello everyone Im new here. Very Happy Greetings to all.

Well my question is that I don't know wich of my Mmats amp to get modded. I have a Mmats D2100.2 1550 wrms @ 2ohms and a Mmats D2000.05 1500 wrms @ .5 ohms. I was told that I need to send in my amp to Mmats so they could have the job done. But I don't know wich amp to get Modified. Wich one would you guys suggest getting modded? Also would I notice a big diference in power when modified?

I have bein told that @ .5 ohms my subs will heat up faster and blow up. Is this true? I have 2 Dual FI SSD's Loaded(BP power and Flatwind. They could handle 1000 wrms each without a problem.

what do you need to mod it for? i really wouldnt do it if i were you itll just be more prone to blow up is all............especially if your looking to daily drive the amp as well

and who told you your subs will heat up faster??????? More like your amp will heat up do to low impedances
Back to top Go down
MmatsDude

PostSubject: Re: Modifying my Mmats amp.   MMATS - Modifying my Mmats amp. Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 9:06 pm

im moddin it for it to give more out put like 500 wrms more, David Thompson from mmats told me that they have to remove the protection circuit of the amp and dome some other slight mods and that if theres any 'dead short' the amp will fail

how can i prevent a dead short? i have good electrical, will this help it prevent a dead short?
Back to top Go down
1st walled tiburon

Number of posts : 6

PostSubject: Re: Modifying my Mmats amp.   MMATS - Modifying my Mmats amp. Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 9:25 pm

a dead short is most common from cooking the amp or locking up a sub.
Back to top Go down
slumpinhonda
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
slumpinhonda

PostSubject: Re: Modifying my Mmats amp.   MMATS - Modifying my Mmats amp. Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 9:40 pm

MmatsDude wrote:
im moddin it for it to give more out put like 500 wrms more, David Thompson from mmats told me that they have to remove the protection circuit of the amp and dome some other slight mods and that if theres any 'dead short' the amp will fail

how can i prevent a dead short? i have good electrical, will this help it prevent a dead short?

i really wouldnt use it in a daily app like that at all

dead short is taking the pos and neg output leads and touching them together basically.....also that amp will fail if imp is below what the amp can handle, voltage drops too far, blow a woofer blow the amp 9 outta 10 times.
Back to top Go down
Tru Insayne Soundz - amc
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
Tru Insayne Soundz - amc

Number of posts : 170
Registration date : 2008-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Modifying my Mmats amp.   MMATS - Modifying my Mmats amp. Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 10:20 pm

I Agree With Timmy, Your Amps Will Last Longer If You Don't Mod Them. And If You Can Get Your Amp Down To Quarter Ohm It Will Really Come Alive.
Back to top Go down
MmatsDude

PostSubject: Re: Modifying my Mmats amp.   MMATS - Modifying my Mmats amp. Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 11:09 pm

Tru Insayne Soundz - amc wrote:
I Agree With Timmy, Your Amps Will Last Longer If You Don't Mod Them. And If You Can Get Your Amp Down To Quarter Ohm It Will Really Come Alive.

You mean .25 ohms? How do I do that?
Back to top Go down
slumpinhonda
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
slumpinhonda

PostSubject: Re: Modifying my Mmats amp.   MMATS - Modifying my Mmats amp. Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 12:14 am

MmatsDude wrote:
Tru Insayne Soundz - amc wrote:

You mean .25 ohms? How do I do that?

wiring your amp down dont necessarily work like that.........depends on which amp you use and what you boxes impedance rise is......id bet that 2100.2 may do more power if you wire it down around .25 but that also depends on your rise
Back to top Go down
slumpinhonda
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
slumpinhonda

PostSubject: Re: Modifying my Mmats amp.   MMATS - Modifying my Mmats amp. Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 12:16 am

nominal imp. is what its wired at but when you send AC voltage thru the coil it heats up and Imp rises you want to wire it so that it will rise to what ever your amp does its power at like the 2100.2 is 2 ohm want rise to be to 2 ohm but wired at a .25 or .5 or whatever it takes to get it there
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Modifying my Mmats amp.   MMATS - Modifying my Mmats amp. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Modifying my Mmats amp.
Page 1 of 1