Mobile Audio Competitors Organization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LOUDEST SPORT ON EARTH!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Joint Finals a success. USACI numbers down due to very remote (from USACI) location but better than expected. Results posted on web site.
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» STETSOM 7KD
Did I miss something? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2020 7:37 pm by big bass joel

» any blown stetsom 7kd or 2k6d amps for sale
Did I miss something? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 7:32 pm by big bass joel

» We need the forums back
Did I miss something? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 2:41 pm by svillarrial

» THIS OLD FORUM IS ALIVE!!!! 6/14/17
Did I miss something? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 11:11 pm by 80INCHES

» It's back up !
Did I miss something? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 7:03 pm by chrisfish

» 2 Atomic apocalypse 12s D4
Did I miss something? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 12:53 am by supersquirt

» well hello
Did I miss something? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 5:46 am by TAMU

» WELLLWELLL
Did I miss something? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 4:24 pm by Nice

» SLAMBOREE AUG 1 & 2
Did I miss something? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 12:14 pm by Pro_Mom

Top posters
sanman
Did I miss something? Vote_lcapDid I miss something? Voting_barDid I miss something? Vote_rcap 
The_Rowlands
Did I miss something? Vote_lcapDid I miss something? Voting_barDid I miss something? Vote_rcap 
chrisfish
Stingraysevenout
scionsoloxb
TECH114
Alan
supadave
Moparbass28
Navi
Statistics
We have 1855 registered users
The newest registered user is Farenheit

Our users have posted a total of 222582 messages in 12665 subjects
Keywords
crzyblondgrl kyle crank silence 80inches songs finals pics contest Johncarr chef dollar Audiopipe record world state quad stereo globe drive records 2010 disc build broken louisiana
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of United States Autosound Competition International on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Mobile Audio Competitors Organization on your social bookmarking website

Did I miss something?

Go down 
+9
tragicsounds
Magoo
shadescustomtint
bruce-bruce
Big Ed
slumpinhonda
sanman
Mike Jaffe
Matt_Sibley
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Matt_Sibley
Above Average Contributor

Number of posts : 957
Registration date : 2007-06-25

Did I miss something? Empty
PostSubject: Did I miss something?   Did I miss something? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 8:30 pm

Was their a final decision made on people being in cars or not? I see many posts complaining about it but I must be missing the official statement. I don't see a sticky here, or anything on the USACi site. Was this change made? There was some discussion within the competitor committee but nothing finalized there that I've seen. What happened?
Back to top Go down
http://www.us.airliquide.com
Mike Jaffe
Mike Jaffe

Number of posts : 640
Registration date : 2007-06-22

PostSubject: Re: Did I miss something?   Did I miss something? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 8:38 pm

Matt, Ralph posted something on the "Manned / Unmanned" thread.
Back to top Go down
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

Number of posts : 12087
Registration date : 2007-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Did I miss something?   Did I miss something? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 8:39 pm

USACI
Head Bald Guy in Charge

: World Wide

Subject: Re: man'd or unman'd Today at 4:38 pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. The stand cannot be constructed in a way to manipulate the mic as per USACI Rules.

2. The stand cannot penetrate the globe or the space that the sphere defines

3. The one person inthe car must the be copmpetitor and he must be a USACI member.

4. The operator in the vehicle must sit opposite of the microphone

5. Jigs made by competitors must be approved PRIOR to the vehicle run bu USACI.
Back to top Go down
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

Number of posts : 12087

PostSubject: Re: Did I miss something?   Did I miss something? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 8:39 pm

yup its official matt
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Did I miss something?   Did I miss something? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 8:53 pm

Here is a post from another topic:

USACI wrote:
There wll be NO MIC MONKEY's alowed in the cars at finals 2008 and any events after that. As soon as jigs are out the directors will start going to this.
Back to top Go down
Mike Jaffe
Mike Jaffe

PostSubject: Re: Did I miss something?   Did I miss something? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 9:06 pm

I asked for clarification on the "manned or Unmanned thread but it was deleted. All I want to know, and I'm only asking about Finals ... Is he referring to mic monkeys (mic judges) that USACi provides to place the mic or a competitor's homie that volunteers to sit in the vehicle while it's under test?

I am personally against providing a mic judge to sit in the vehicles. I'm not particularly fond of a co-pilot doing it either but it is something that currently exists in the rules and should, if so desired, be changed after Finals ... not before.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Did I miss something?   Did I miss something? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 9:32 pm

Mike from what I understand FINALS THIS YEAR will have no MIC MONKEY sitting in the vehicle and after FINALS we are no longer to have a MIC MONKEY at any and all events.

So from the day of FINALS on, there will no longer be a MIC MONKEY used.

If I am wrong please correct me but that is the way I read it.
Back to top Go down
slumpinhonda
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
slumpinhonda

Number of posts : 2938

PostSubject: Re: Did I miss something?   Did I miss something? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 10:29 pm

but can we use a Mike as our monkey
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Did I miss something?   Did I miss something? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 11:12 pm

Cute TIM
Back to top Go down
slumpinhonda
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
slumpinhonda

PostSubject: Re: Did I miss something?   Did I miss something? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 11:23 pm

Darville almost looks like a monkey
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Did I miss something?   Did I miss something? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 11:39 pm

Well, I guess we either change the rules before finals, because the rule book , under Sound Pressure Testing, "All OCCUPANTS<
[notice the 's'] of the vehicle under test shall have proper hearing protection placed over their ears if remaining in the vehicle for testing.", or wait until after finals and then change the rule.

Seems like existing rules allow "mic monkey" or, just a plain ole "occupant" to be in the vehicle.

This, IMHO, is not the time to be playing with rules.
Back to top Go down
Big Ed
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
Big Ed

Number of posts : 211
Registration date : 2007-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Did I miss something?   Did I miss something? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 6:44 am

Should be voted on also by the members. So no mic monkey, whats next, you have the mic on the dash only. mmmm wouldn't that be dbdrag? Very unusual
Back to top Go down
Mike Jaffe
Mike Jaffe

PostSubject: Re: Did I miss something?   Did I miss something? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 9:16 am

Okay, I know I'm thick but please define "Mic Monkey". Ralph evidently won't bother so maybe someone on here will.

A "Mic Monkey" is the guy that sets the mic in the vehicle, hands the contestant some hearing protection and the USACi CD, or...

B. "Mic Monkey" is the guy that the contestant provides to sit in the vehicle during the test, or ...

C. Some poor bastard that does both.
Back to top Go down
bruce-bruce
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

Number of posts : 1361
Registration date : 2008-06-25

PostSubject: Re: Did I miss something?   Did I miss something? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 9:24 am

could be b or c.
Back to top Go down
shadescustomtint
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
shadescustomtint

Number of posts : 1631
Registration date : 2007-11-28

PostSubject: Re: Did I miss something?   Did I miss something? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 9:24 am

I still wondering why they would change the rule mid stroke and not wait until after finals to start the new season but who am I just a competitor who pays to run jocolor
Back to top Go down
shadescustomtint
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
shadescustomtint

Number of posts : 1631
Registration date : 2007-11-28

PostSubject: Re: Did I miss something?   Did I miss something? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 9:27 am

This change will not really affect our team but I know those that it will and that sucks jocolor
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Did I miss something?   Did I miss something? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 9:30 am

What is the real issue here ??
1- Competitor safety ?? I agree 100%, but insitute after finals!!

2- Possible cheating ?? Expose the cheater and get rid of him/her!!

3-Downsizing on help to save on double cheese burgers ???
Back to top Go down
Magoo
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Magoo

Number of posts : 1022
Registration date : 2008-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Did I miss something?   Did I miss something? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 9:35 am

I agree 100% except I dont think rules should beable to change on a dime I feel it should be done at the beggining of the season and that is it till next season
Back to top Go down
Mike Jaffe
Mike Jaffe

PostSubject: Re: Did I miss something?   Did I miss something? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 11:26 am

usacise wrote:

Hey, we do not owe our competitors any explanation of why we do anything Don. All we have to do is change the rule whenever we wish and they will do whatever we tell them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Did I miss something?   Did I miss something? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 11:34 am

affraid OMG, wait until they find out they must use "Ave Maria" for spl at finals affraid
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Did I miss something?   Did I miss something? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 11:58 am

You guys are crazy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Did I miss something?   Did I miss something? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 11:59 am

But cute,lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Did I miss something?   Did I miss something? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 12:00 pm

VERY CUTE, pinchable cute too.
Back to top Go down
tragicsounds
tragicsounds

Number of posts : 992
Registration date : 2008-02-15

PostSubject: Re: Did I miss something?   Did I miss something? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 12:10 pm

it dosent matter to me i just want to see a sticky that says what is going to stand for sure and if they are going to finalize this there should be a sticky on everything that is changing that way everybody does not have to find out everything in the threads and there is no second guessing everybody is coming up with poles on the new rules if they change this crap agin it will not be good thats all i got to say

WE NEED THE OFFICIAL CONFIRMATION ON ALL OF THIS IF IT IS GOING TO CHANGE FOR SURE PLEASE PLACE A STICKY THAT SHOWS EVERYTHING THAT HAS CHANGED NOT FOR MY BENIFIT I KNOW EVERYTHING THAT CHANGED YESTERDAY BUT WE NEED A FINAL SAY SO ON THIS I KNOW THE BIG GUY SAID I JUST WANT TO MAKE SURE ITS NOT GOING TO CHANGE AGIN
Back to top Go down
slumpinhonda
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
slumpinhonda

PostSubject: Re: Did I miss something?   Did I miss something? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 2:31 pm

usacise wrote:

see if we eliminate mike monkeys that will hurt the fast food industry and the concessions at finals........there will be no need for the us to be Bulking up or monkeys
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Did I miss something?   Did I miss something? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 4:27 pm

usacise wrote:

my cheeseburger eddie (kendall) will still be around to bring me cheeseburgers to late night builds, so #3 doesnt affect me
Back to top Go down
charlesestes
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
charlesestes

Number of posts : 1009

PostSubject: Re: Did I miss something?   Did I miss something? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 11:26 pm

rules were changed AT FINALS last year by a lane judgein the freakin lanes! choppers van gains .7 with me on the windsheild but l&c have a mishap with their car after their run and noone else was allowed to sit on cars but their score stood. it was just enough for them to squeak by and cost chop a title. was that fair? no, but we dealt with it and went on. get over it. its the rule and crying isnt going to change it. whether its mid season or at finals its set and staying.
Back to top Go down
towboatbobby
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

Number of posts : 1075
Registration date : 2007-06-27

PostSubject: Re: Did I miss something?   Did I miss something? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 11:33 pm

I agre with Mr. Charles,stop polling,bit##ing,it will do no good,what is done is done and won't change.Move on to what you must do to accomadate the rule change regardless of when and where it is put into affect.
Back to top Go down
TECH114
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
TECH114

Number of posts : 4748
Registration date : 2007-06-24

PostSubject: Re: Did I miss something?   Did I miss something? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 11:39 pm

I agree Charles the same thing happen to me also. No one was allowed on the windshield. I feel rules should not be made up as we go along, it is not fair to everyone. It should have been implemented at the beginning of the season. Was this decision made by Ralph alone or by the committee?
Also, at finals this year, is anyone allowed to sit on the windshield?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/infinitisound
charlesestes
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
charlesestes

Number of posts : 1009

PostSubject: Re: Did I miss something?   Did I miss something? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 11:54 pm

ralph is the ONLY ONE WHO CAN MAKE THE RULES.they are made and done. lets just move on.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Did I miss something?   Did I miss something? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Did I miss something?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next