Mobile Audio Competitors Organization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LOUDEST SPORT ON EARTH!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Joint Finals a success. USACI numbers down due to very remote (from USACI) location but better than expected. Results posted on web site.
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» STETSOM 7KD
help! keep burning up amps Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2020 7:37 pm by big bass joel

» any blown stetsom 7kd or 2k6d amps for sale
help! keep burning up amps Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 7:32 pm by big bass joel

» We need the forums back
help! keep burning up amps Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 2:41 pm by svillarrial

» THIS OLD FORUM IS ALIVE!!!! 6/14/17
help! keep burning up amps Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 11:11 pm by 80INCHES

» It's back up !
help! keep burning up amps Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 7:03 pm by chrisfish

» 2 Atomic apocalypse 12s D4
help! keep burning up amps Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 12:53 am by supersquirt

» well hello
help! keep burning up amps Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 5:46 am by TAMU

» WELLLWELLL
help! keep burning up amps Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 4:24 pm by Nice

» SLAMBOREE AUG 1 & 2
help! keep burning up amps Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 12:14 pm by Pro_Mom

Top posters
sanman
help! keep burning up amps Vote_lcaphelp! keep burning up amps Voting_barhelp! keep burning up amps Vote_rcap 
The_Rowlands
help! keep burning up amps Vote_lcaphelp! keep burning up amps Voting_barhelp! keep burning up amps Vote_rcap 
chrisfish
Stingraysevenout
scionsoloxb
TECH114
Alan
supadave
Moparbass28
Navi
Statistics
We have 1855 registered users
The newest registered user is Farenheit

Our users have posted a total of 222582 messages in 12665 subjects
Keywords
chef crank Johncarr record world songs Audiopipe crzyblondgrl globe dollar 2010 louisiana kyle stereo quad build 80inches disc pics state finals broken drive silence records contest
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of United States Autosound Competition International on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Mobile Audio Competitors Organization on your social bookmarking website

help! keep burning up amps

Go down 
+5
slumpinhonda
Lilredtiva
TECH114
KickerRex
bigbass140
9 posters
AuthorMessage
bigbass140
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
bigbass140

Number of posts : 176
Registration date : 2007-10-07

help! keep burning up amps Empty
PostSubject: help! keep burning up amps   help! keep burning up amps Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2008 10:28 pm

the last 4 ma audio amps i hooked up have either just went up in smoke or caught on fire.

89 crx, 3 kinetik 16v batteries, 1 ohio gen 200 amp externally regulated at 17v.

the last one i tried was a ma audio 802sx running at 1/2 ohm on 4 ma audio xl 12's. i have a eclipse 8443 pushing 8v on the outputs.

if any more info is needed let me know but i need help before i put anymore amps in.
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewProfile
KickerRex
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
KickerRex

Number of posts : 2063
Registration date : 2008-03-05

PostSubject: Re: help! keep burning up amps   help! keep burning up amps Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2008 1:35 am

Not familiar with that amp but they may not like the 17v your feedin them not sure thought.. Have you tried another amp?
Back to top Go down
TECH114
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
TECH114

Number of posts : 4748
Registration date : 2007-06-24

PostSubject: Re: help! keep burning up amps   help! keep burning up amps Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2008 2:47 am

Which model? I know they have to be modded to run on 16 + volts.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/infinitisound
bigbass140
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
bigbass140

PostSubject: Re: help! keep burning up amps   help! keep burning up amps Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2008 3:41 am

well i have been running the hk802sx and the hk4000d and even ma audio gives them a 17v rating. also the 4000d's i had already had the mod done to them to let them get below 2 ohm with out going into protect. even at that i only dropped the 4000d's down to 1 ohm. the hk802 is 1/2 ohm stable at 17v.

the amps are grounded at the same place in the rear of the rex where the batteries are grounded. also i have a 7 way trailer plug in the rear bumper where i have my radio and toggle switch to turn the amp on wired through to the 12v post on the kinetiks. the rca's are wired up next to the 7 way with some rca wall plugs i got from radio shack.

i have a voltmeter connected to the last battery in the bank of 3 batteries and it is mounted right below my knob for my voltage regulator. i have it set at 17.3 to 17.4 when running for charging. when i hit i am dropping to 16.7 or 16.8 and not going below that.
Back to top Go down
KickerRex
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
KickerRex

Number of posts : 2063
Registration date : 2008-03-05

PostSubject: Re: help! keep burning up amps   help! keep burning up amps Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2008 1:16 pm

My HK4000D runs at .5 ohms fult tilt burp on 14.4 volts.. No mods to it..
Back to top Go down
TECH114
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
TECH114

Number of posts : 4748

PostSubject: Re: help! keep burning up amps   help! keep burning up amps Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2008 6:54 pm

On higher votage, the amp protection circuit have to be removed.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/infinitisound
bigbass140
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
bigbass140

PostSubject: Re: help! keep burning up amps   help! keep burning up amps Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2008 12:49 am

here is the pics of the amp after i opened it up

help! keep burning up amps DSC00125

help! keep burning up amps DSC00126

help! keep burning up amps DSC00127

help! keep burning up amps DSC00128
Back to top Go down
Lilredtiva
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
Lilredtiva

Number of posts : 443

PostSubject: Re: help! keep burning up amps   help! keep burning up amps Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2008 4:29 pm

Wow, I hope ours never look like that.
Back to top Go down
bigbass140
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
bigbass140

PostSubject: Re: help! keep burning up amps   help! keep burning up amps Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2008 4:57 pm

Lilredtiva wrote:
Wow, I hope ours never look like that.

i just got that one from ma audio it was brand new. it took 5 months to get it back. i am going to call them tommrow and talk to a tech and see what they think, and see if they are going to warrenty it. since i just got it back friday i have a feeling i might have a hard time with it.
Back to top Go down
slumpinhonda
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
slumpinhonda

Number of posts : 2938
Registration date : 2007-06-23

PostSubject: Re: help! keep burning up amps   help! keep burning up amps Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2008 7:23 pm

what was your impedance rise???
Voltage drop??
Back to top Go down
bigbass140
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
bigbass140

PostSubject: Re: help! keep burning up amps   help! keep burning up amps Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2008 9:16 pm

slumpinhonda wrote:
what was your impedance rise???
Voltage drop??

didn't get to check the rise, i was going o check it after the amp had a few mins to cool off but instead it went up in flames.

the drop was 17.4 down to 16.8 16.9
Back to top Go down
TCSMOBILE
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
TCSMOBILE

Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2008-07-02

PostSubject: Re: help! keep burning up amps   help! keep burning up amps Icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2008 1:56 am

Not for nothing.............But if i had 4 amps of the same brand catch fire...........then play the repair/warranty waiting game

Would you buy another MA?

I dumped Earthquake for the same reason.
Back to top Go down
TCSMOBILE
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
TCSMOBILE

Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2008-07-02

PostSubject: Re: help! keep burning up amps   help! keep burning up amps Icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2008 1:57 am

Impressive damage BTW! affraid
Back to top Go down
bigbass140
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
bigbass140

PostSubject: Re: help! keep burning up amps   help! keep burning up amps Icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2008 7:20 pm

TCSMOBILE wrote:
Not for nothing.............But if i had 4 amps of the same brand catch fire...........then play the repair/warranty waiting game

Would you buy another MA?

I dumped Earthquake for the same reason.

well actually so far i have only sent two amps in and one was already a rebuilt.

both of the ones i sent in for rebuild or replace i know what took them out. the outputs on my hu went out and it was sending just enough power to the amps to play, but not enough to the point the amps were working too hard to get signal.

now the two 4000d's i bought used so i took a chance there. they were 5 years old and the last time they had been used was like 4 years ago. they were mounted in a truck all that time, and the truck never moved except when the shop need to stall for customers cars. the system never did get turned on all that time.

as for buying more i am going to warrenty the 802's and waiting on my dd m3's to get back from getting fixxed. the m3's the screws came out of the end caps and broke the inputs off at the main board.

ma has offered me option for the 10k, but if i go off of their 4 ohm rating i would move up a class which i don't want to do. so i asked them to bench test it on 14.4v and give me a birth sheet with the 4 ohm rating and i would make a decesion. if the rating is anything like the 4000d usaci rerated it a 1000 watts below what ma audio did so if that is the case i would actually stay in my class.
Back to top Go down
iowan
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
iowan

Number of posts : 1018
Registration date : 2007-06-22

PostSubject: Re: help! keep burning up amps   help! keep burning up amps Icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2008 12:49 pm

happened to me to.... the amp started on fire in the eclipse that i now own... was a great smoke show car smelled for days and that amp left hefty marks in the concrete of were i worked... i got pissed and busted it up... those amps take a beating... it whooped my aluminum batts a$$...
Back to top Go down
John Payton
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
John Payton

Number of posts : 397
Registration date : 2007-06-25

PostSubject: Re: help! keep burning up amps   help! keep burning up amps Icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2008 4:43 pm

i had to mod my hk3000d's for them to run 16 volts anything after 15.5 and they would go into protect before they were modded also i know someone that repairs amps, he wont touch the 4000d, every one he has repaired doesnt last longer then 2 weeks and i belive that was the same reason another person that repairs amps wont tought them ethier
Back to top Go down
bigbass140
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
bigbass140

PostSubject: Re: help! keep burning up amps   help! keep burning up amps Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 2:24 pm

John Payton wrote:
i had to mod my hk3000d's for them to run 16 volts anything after 15.5 and they would go into protect before they were modded also i know someone that repairs amps, he wont touch the 4000d, every one he has repaired doesnt last longer then 2 weeks and i belive that was the same reason another person that repairs amps wont tought them ethier

well i just got off of the phone with ma audio and they are paying for the shipping both ways since i only had the amp one day before it burned. they are going to test the new 802 before it ships out and going to look at the amp i burned and try to find out what caused it to go up in flames. also since i had the amp over nighted i gave them a credit card to pay for shipping then they turned around and sent it cod so i paid twice. they are giving me credit for both shipping charges so i decided to order subs.
Back to top Go down
shadescustomtint
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
shadescustomtint

Number of posts : 1631
Registration date : 2007-11-28

PostSubject: Re: help! keep burning up amps   help! keep burning up amps Icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2008 1:37 pm

Toast!!!!!!!!! man wow what the hell happened were you welding with them or what holy crap that's not good jocolor
Back to top Go down
bigbass140
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
bigbass140

PostSubject: Re: help! keep burning up amps   help! keep burning up amps Icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2008 2:57 pm

shadescustomtint wrote:
Toast!!!!!!!!! man wow what the hell happened were you welding with them or what holy crap that's not good jocolor

it wasn't even turned on when it caught on fire, i had just fliped the switch off and was about to shut the car off when i saw flames.

now for welding the other 802 i just had repaired got dropped during shipping and crushed the postive and negative. i figured i would try and see if it would still work, and when i started to hook it up i could have welded with the postive cable.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: help! keep burning up amps   help! keep burning up amps Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

help! keep burning up amps
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Mobile Audio Competitors Organization :: GENERAL DISCUSSION :: HOW TO GET LOUD! :: HOW TO GET LOUD!-
Jump to: