Mobile Audio Competitors Organization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LOUDEST SPORT ON EARTH!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Joint Finals a success. USACI numbers down due to very remote (from USACI) location but better than expected. Results posted on web site.
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» STETSOM 7KD
anyone else Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2020 7:37 pm by big bass joel

» any blown stetsom 7kd or 2k6d amps for sale
anyone else Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 7:32 pm by big bass joel

» We need the forums back
anyone else Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 2:41 pm by svillarrial

» THIS OLD FORUM IS ALIVE!!!! 6/14/17
anyone else Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 11:11 pm by 80INCHES

» It's back up !
anyone else Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 7:03 pm by chrisfish

» 2 Atomic apocalypse 12s D4
anyone else Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 12:53 am by supersquirt

» well hello
anyone else Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 5:46 am by TAMU

» WELLLWELLL
anyone else Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 4:24 pm by Nice

» SLAMBOREE AUG 1 & 2
anyone else Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 12:14 pm by Pro_Mom

Top posters
sanman
anyone else Vote_lcapanyone else Voting_baranyone else Vote_rcap 
The_Rowlands
chrisfish
Stingraysevenout
scionsoloxb
TECH114
Alan
supadave
Moparbass28
Navi
Statistics
We have 1855 registered users
The newest registered user is Farenheit

Our users have posted a total of 222582 messages in 12665 subjects
Keywords
broken state build louisiana record stereo world disc 80inches 2010 silence quad Johncarr chef globe songs drive Audiopipe finals kyle dollar crank pics contest crzyblondgrl records
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of United States Autosound Competition International on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Mobile Audio Competitors Organization on your social bookmarking website

anyone else

Go down 
+7
Stingraysevenout
AudioAnonymous
Navi
HellRzR
DMAN
sanmans_kitty
John Payton
11 posters
AuthorMessage
John Payton
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
John Payton

Number of posts : 397
Registration date : 2007-06-25

anyone else Empty
PostSubject: anyone else   anyone else Icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2007 12:53 am

quit drinking recently.. i've had a problem with the sauce for sometime now and i'm at a crossroads in my life kinda right now, where it just doesnt fit anymore, actualy it's been nothing but trouble and isnt gonna be any different if i keep it up. i guess what im saying is im ready to stop. but everyone i know except my mom drinks and they (mostly) cant really relate so they dont really understand me when i try to talk to them about it.

just wondering if theres anyone else around like me. i understand if people dont wanna post about it i know of plenty of people that are recovering alcoholics/drug addicts that dont make it everyones buiessness.
Back to top Go down
sanmans_kitty
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
sanmans_kitty

Number of posts : 289
Registration date : 2007-06-22

anyone else Empty
PostSubject: Re: anyone else   anyone else Icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2007 1:10 am

Good for you John. It's gonna be hard but worth it in the long run. Good luck
Back to top Go down
DMAN
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
DMAN

Number of posts : 2007
Registration date : 2007-06-23

anyone else Empty
PostSubject: Re: anyone else   anyone else Icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2007 1:39 am

It is funny that you mention it because yes sir I have been there myself also bro, you sometime just have to do what you got to do, if it's a problem for you then you should quit, not easy I know, I myself had to stop for a long time just to get my head right, started working two jobs and didnt hang out with any drinkers, that equaled no social life what so ever, but was well worth it because of the road I was headed down. Get your head right bro, I know your haveing a rough time right now and if you need anything bro you give me a call...... You aint scared...
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/darrenlaffan
HellRzR
Above Average Contributor
HellRzR

Number of posts : 800
Registration date : 2007-06-30

anyone else Empty
PostSubject: Re: anyone else   anyone else Icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2007 2:24 am

yea man, been there,its tuff but well worth it in the end i havent had any alchohol in 5 years, except maybe a drink socially but i limit myself to one now a days if i drink anymore then i wont want to stop. but if your wondering or thinking you have problem then you have recognized and are headed the right way bro. stay strong its worth it
Back to top Go down
Navi
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Navi

Number of posts : 3105

anyone else Empty
PostSubject: Re: anyone else   anyone else Icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2007 7:00 am

Alot of people have been down that road, From the time I got out of high school til I was about 25 or so I was drinking 6 nights a week. Im not sure what it was that threw the switch for me but one day I just relized it wasnt healthy and it was getting VERY expensive also. I cant say that I have quit drinking because I will occasionally drink a beer (and plan on quite a few this weekend) but I can honestly say I havent been drunk since my Wedding night almost 2 years ago and this weekend will be the first drink I have had this year.

Its a challenge but you obviously knwo its the right thing so make a goal and follow through, you will feel alot better when you have.

Now for the smartass part you know I have to include............You can run with the big dogs anyway :p
Back to top Go down
AudioAnonymous
AudioAnonymous

Number of posts : 736

anyone else Empty
PostSubject: Re: anyone else   anyone else Icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2007 7:40 am

Never was much of a drinker and never did drugs. I'd rather spend my money on other useless stuff like car audio.

I can't say I've never been down that road because I never put myself in that situation and don't plan to. My boss, good friend(on the other hand) is pretty much an alcoholic and I call him a walking tombstone all the time when he's drinking. Someday it'll sink in, I hope. Best of luck to you.
Back to top Go down
Stingraysevenout
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
Stingraysevenout

Number of posts : 6002
Registration date : 2007-06-23

anyone else Empty
PostSubject: Re: anyone else   anyone else Icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2007 10:01 am

My brothren, you know of course i was and am a cocaine addict and acholic. Once you make up your mind you can do anything. Havent touched the coke in over 5 years but in 10 years i would still tell you im an addict. As far as the drinking part well i drink about 5 times a year and it usual is at major shows.. And even then i only have a few..... Now we all know im a pothead and that will never change. If i quit doing that i feel sorry for all of us and myself believe me we never want that. It sooths me. Anyway your halfway there admitting it is the first step brothren..
Back to top Go down
XFL-Leader
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
XFL-Leader

Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2007-06-30

anyone else Empty
PostSubject: Re: anyone else   anyone else Icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2007 10:01 am

Congratulations to everyone that has overcome this addiction. We've had a couple of drinkers on the team. They would always keep it hidden from me, they knew how I felt about it.

At least one, if not two, team members have quit drinking. Their life is so much better.

Hopefully, John, you and these other guys can stay in touch and keep up the good work.
Back to top Go down
John Payton
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
John Payton

anyone else Empty
PostSubject: Re: anyone else   anyone else Icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2007 8:30 pm

thanks everyone, as i sit here bored out of my fornicating mind i still wonder why it has taken me soooooooooooooo long to finally make this decision i did get into some trouble this weekend but that never stoped me before i cant even deal with people i normally hang out with i guess it's what keeps a person focused i know i have a poblem i have known i've had a problem for years and now i just realized where it's gotten me and wht it's cost me now weird
Back to top Go down
PhatSam
PhatSam

Number of posts : 628
Registration date : 2007-06-24

anyone else Empty
PostSubject: Re: anyone else   anyone else Icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2007 8:34 pm

Keep the faith Homie. You know if you need some one to talk to John I'm here. Call anytime.
Back to top Go down
Navi
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Navi

Number of posts : 3105

anyone else Empty
PostSubject: Re: anyone else   anyone else Icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2007 9:40 pm

Give it hell, ps you are still gay maybe you can work on that next.
Back to top Go down
John Payton
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
John Payton

anyone else Empty
PostSubject: Re: anyone else   anyone else Icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2007 10:21 pm

Navi wrote:
Give it hell, ps you are still gay maybe you can work on that next.

the only thing imma give hell is your cumdumpster your sexy mofo!! we'll i guess ibetter get back into the prison lingo looks like i might be headed there..

i feel alot better then i did when i made this post. i guess if we had an off top area i would posted it there senice this isnt the usaci/aa forum

most of you guys i've never met but i've allready got more support here then from "friends" i've know for years.. thanks again guys
Back to top Go down

anyone else Empty
PostSubject: Re: anyone else   anyone else Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2007 12:01 am

Twisted Evil John I've only met you once and you seem like a cool cat-it is also the right step to acknowledge that the drinking is a problem-now don't take this as a over anylization but rather the way I deal with so called problems, wether it be stress or drinking problem or my short temper- any of are problems that each one of us face are caused by something happening in your life and the best way to remove those problems is to identify what, "stresses me the f*** out" or "man I need a beer"or " man I gonna much that mofo in his sleep"-what has cause us to use these problems as a crutch to escape. Now I can't tell you what demon has brought you to drink so much that it is now a problem, but most times its beeyatches. Find out what caused you to start drinking in excess and correct it, come to terms with it, or kill it, whatever you need to do to be alright with it and you will see that it makes not drinking much easier(don't kill it if its human cause that opens up a whole other can of worms thats harder to deal with, so I've heard) if you don't understand or need clarification hit me up I am more than willing to help. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
BigE
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
BigE

Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2007-06-26

anyone else Empty
PostSubject: Re: anyone else   anyone else Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2007 11:29 am

Good luck with whatever you decide to do. Age 16-29 are pretty much a blur to mee these days. I quit drinking over eight years ago and never looked back. The turning point for me was actually car audio. I started competing and soon my system was worth more than my truck and I realized that if I ever got a DUI I could kiss it all goodbye. So, you could say car audio cure me. To top it off I was recently diagnosed with type II diabetes and with the meds I'm on one drink could kill me. Glad I quit before now.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/274208
cfriesz
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor

Number of posts : 67

anyone else Empty
PostSubject: Re: anyone else   anyone else Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2007 12:40 pm

Hey man, first off congrats on your decision this is huge!! I never want to see anyone ruin there life for drugs or alchohol. I myself relized I was screwing my life up about age 19. I was drinking constintly and doing what ever drugs I could get my hands on(except crack or heroine). All my friends were also involved and I can tell you they were not much help when I decided I wanted out. Everytime I turned around there was something I wanted to do that I knew I should not...I could only say no so many times. I ended up moving states to help me get away. Once I was clean for over a year I came back. Most of my so called friends were either in jail or lost everything they had. Anyway I guess I am saying drastic time may call for drastic measures so even if it is going to a local church or city institution or even moving states you can over-come this.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

anyone else Empty
PostSubject: Re: anyone else   anyone else Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

anyone else
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Mobile Audio Competitors Organization :: GENERAL DISCUSSION :: General Discussion :: GENERAL SOUND COMPETITION DISCUSSION-
Jump to: