Mobile Audio Competitors Organization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LOUDEST SPORT ON EARTH!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Joint Finals a success. USACI numbers down due to very remote (from USACI) location but better than expected. Results posted on web site.
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» STETSOM 7KD
Box tuning and size recommedations Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2020 7:37 pm by big bass joel

» any blown stetsom 7kd or 2k6d amps for sale
Box tuning and size recommedations Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 7:32 pm by big bass joel

» We need the forums back
Box tuning and size recommedations Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 2:41 pm by svillarrial

» THIS OLD FORUM IS ALIVE!!!! 6/14/17
Box tuning and size recommedations Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 11:11 pm by 80INCHES

» It's back up !
Box tuning and size recommedations Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 7:03 pm by chrisfish

» 2 Atomic apocalypse 12s D4
Box tuning and size recommedations Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 12:53 am by supersquirt

» well hello
Box tuning and size recommedations Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 5:46 am by TAMU

» WELLLWELLL
Box tuning and size recommedations Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 4:24 pm by Nice

» SLAMBOREE AUG 1 & 2
Box tuning and size recommedations Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 12:14 pm by Pro_Mom

Top posters
sanman
Box tuning and size recommedations Vote_lcapBox tuning and size recommedations Voting_barBox tuning and size recommedations Vote_rcap 
The_Rowlands
Box tuning and size recommedations Vote_lcapBox tuning and size recommedations Voting_barBox tuning and size recommedations Vote_rcap 
chrisfish
Stingraysevenout
scionsoloxb
TECH114
Alan
supadave
Moparbass28
Navi
Statistics
We have 1855 registered users
The newest registered user is Farenheit

Our users have posted a total of 222582 messages in 12665 subjects
Keywords
pics Audiopipe stereo crank world Johncarr build silence disc records contest kyle louisiana crzyblondgrl broken record state 80inches chef dollar quad drive 2010 songs finals globe
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of United States Autosound Competition International on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Mobile Audio Competitors Organization on your social bookmarking website

Box tuning and size recommedations

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
KHPower
KHPower

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2008-05-13

Box tuning and size recommedations Empty
PostSubject: Box tuning and size recommedations   Box tuning and size recommedations Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 11:24 am

I am now ready to construct my box for my 15'' Immortal subwoofer. I got everything ready , got the MDF 3/4 and now I have a router accompanied by the Jasper iig to help out on the part I always disliked doing with a jig, the subwoofer cutout. I really wish I could find 1'' MDF but evryplace in town does not carry it anymore

I am in a bind of what I should tune the box to and what size I should construct the box internally. People have told me to go by Audiobahns specs and other's have said try 40 hz 3.5 cubes.
The Immortal is meant to be a SPL competition sub , but I have heard account’s of it sounding quite clean in the right box but no one ever knows what size the box was or what the tuning is that they heard it.

I would like to have it pound hard and get as loud as it can while hitting a few lows.

Audiobahn lists 3 different box recommendations and they are: Space saver , Everyday bass performer and ultimate SPl box .
I have built about 5 boxes in my time and 4 of them being sealed and have had good luck but nowwith time restrictions I cannot be making a bunch of boxes until I find the right one.
Here is the link to Audiobahns box specs sheet http://www.audiobahn.com/Audiobahn06/images/tech/2005/boxParams/AWIS_box_specs.pdf

I would like to go with the Ultimare SPL box or around that size.

And here is the subs parameters
Audiobahn immortal AWIS15P

FS 45 hz
QTS 0.493
QES 0.53
QMS 7.21
Vas (liters0 47 liters
Vas ( cubit feet) 1.66 cf
RE 1.3 ohms
LE 2.41 mh
MMD 172.66 grams
Xmax +/-16.5 mm
RMS 2250 watss
SD 0.088 M2
Freq Resp. 20hz-700 hz
Efficiency 97 DB
EBP 85
D 9 5/8
Hole 13 ¾
Displacement 0.7

Any ideas on what I should tune at? I would like to make the ports square using the mdf I used for the box. This is going into a GMC Safari minivan with the sub and ports facing the rear doors. I will be dishing 16oo watts to her.

Any help would be great!
Back to top Go down
ajhutson
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
ajhutson

Number of posts : 123
Registration date : 2008-03-13

PostSubject: Re: Box tuning and size recommedations   Box tuning and size recommedations Icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2008 12:53 pm

if you want to do a number than tune around 48-52 it should also sound ok box size i would go 4 cubes on 1600 watts need more power for a smaller box less power for bigger box becouse sub moves easyer
Back to top Go down
KHPower
KHPower

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2008-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Box tuning and size recommedations   Box tuning and size recommedations Icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2008 1:21 pm

Thanks for the input Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Box tuning and size recommedations   Box tuning and size recommedations Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Box tuning and size recommedations
Page 1 of 1