Mobile Audio Competitors Organization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LOUDEST SPORT ON EARTH!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Joint Finals a success. USACI numbers down due to very remote (from USACI) location but better than expected. Results posted on web site.
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» STETSOM 7KD
Going to memorie lane!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2020 7:37 pm by big bass joel

» any blown stetsom 7kd or 2k6d amps for sale
Going to memorie lane!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 7:32 pm by big bass joel

» We need the forums back
Going to memorie lane!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 2:41 pm by svillarrial

» THIS OLD FORUM IS ALIVE!!!! 6/14/17
Going to memorie lane!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 11:11 pm by 80INCHES

» It's back up !
Going to memorie lane!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 7:03 pm by chrisfish

» 2 Atomic apocalypse 12s D4
Going to memorie lane!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 12:53 am by supersquirt

» well hello
Going to memorie lane!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 5:46 am by TAMU

» WELLLWELLL
Going to memorie lane!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 4:24 pm by Nice

» SLAMBOREE AUG 1 & 2
Going to memorie lane!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 12:14 pm by Pro_Mom

Top posters
sanman
Going to memorie lane!!!!!!! Vote_lcapGoing to memorie lane!!!!!!! Voting_barGoing to memorie lane!!!!!!! Vote_rcap 
The_Rowlands
Going to memorie lane!!!!!!! Vote_lcapGoing to memorie lane!!!!!!! Voting_barGoing to memorie lane!!!!!!! Vote_rcap 
chrisfish
Stingraysevenout
scionsoloxb
TECH114
Alan
supadave
Moparbass28
Navi
Statistics
We have 1855 registered users
The newest registered user is Farenheit

Our users have posted a total of 222582 messages in 12665 subjects
Keywords
stereo world drive contest crank disc finals Audiopipe 80inches quad broken state crzyblondgrl pics Johncarr record records build chef louisiana 2010 songs silence globe dollar kyle
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of United States Autosound Competition International on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Mobile Audio Competitors Organization on your social bookmarking website

Going to memorie lane!!!!!!!

Go down 
+17
KC_LOUD&CLEAR
XFL-Leader
Eternally Stoned
jsketoe
mschwitz
subfrontier
dbracer79
Navi
jmorri
HellRzR
aphinney
Twisted Image
sanman
Talonesi
TECH114
Moparbass28
justbump'n
21 posters
AuthorMessage
justbump'n
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
justbump'n

Number of posts : 215
Registration date : 2007-06-23

Going to memorie lane!!!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Going to memorie lane!!!!!!!   Going to memorie lane!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2007 4:47 am

Sup all i want to know what was youre first system and what was the best old school sub's that you loved and wished you had or still have????? My very first sub was an american bass patriot sub 12inch (or at least i think that was it i know the patriot part is right) My second set up that i had was 2 Rockford Fosgate series 1 tens!!!!The third one i had that i wish i still had the sub's was 2 8inch MTX Thunder Pro 's with a 200watt Jensen amp!!!!Man those thing's hit hard!!!!!So let me know!!!!!!!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Going to memorie lane!!!!!!!   Going to memorie lane!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2007 4:51 am

2 Savard Pro series 12s and a Phoenix Gold M100, later upgraded to Hi Q series.....loved that stuff.
Back to top Go down
Moparbass28
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Moparbass28

Number of posts : 3541

PostSubject: Re: Going to memorie lane!!!!!!!   Going to memorie lane!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2007 5:04 am

Had old pyle subs off a jensen amp. LOL Later helped my brother put in a coustic 190 on 4 of the pyles to later upgrade to 2 jl 10's. After the coustic was stolen, added a la sound ventura- which I still have Wink- on the jl's till they were stolen. Brother had the jl's for 8yrs and banged the crap out of them and they held all that time. Yeah the surrounds were goin away bad, but to be expected.LOL
Back to top Go down
TECH114
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
TECH114

Number of posts : 4748
Registration date : 2007-06-24

PostSubject: Re: Going to memorie lane!!!!!!!   Going to memorie lane!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2007 5:40 am

First was Pyle sub and Sherwood amp. Second was Jbl sub and HK amp.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/infinitisound
Talonesi
Above Average Contributor
Talonesi

Number of posts : 933
Registration date : 2007-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Going to memorie lane!!!!!!!   Going to memorie lane!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2007 5:57 am

2 mtx black gold 8's on a sherwood 100x2
Back to top Go down
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

Number of posts : 12087

PostSubject: Re: Going to memorie lane!!!!!!!   Going to memorie lane!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2007 8:24 am

pyle 12's and punch 45
then 2 soundstream spl160 subs and a soundstream s700 amp
Back to top Go down
Twisted Image
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Twisted Image

Number of posts : 1111
Registration date : 2007-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Going to memorie lane!!!!!!!   Going to memorie lane!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2007 9:54 am

Kicker gold 12's on a boss amp. I had some of the Gold series subs for quite awhile, and actually megs first setup was a single gold 15 on a kenwood 300 watt amp.
Back to top Go down
aphinney
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
aphinney

Number of posts : 1305

PostSubject: Re: Going to memorie lane!!!!!!!   Going to memorie lane!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2007 9:58 am

kicker comp vr 12" with a kx1200.1 was my first system...didnt have it more then a month and i got 2 12" RF hx2 with a bd1500.1 then a month later i got a kicker solox 18 and two mojo 2500 amps ...and walled off my buick regal custom...oh those where the days
Back to top Go down
HellRzR
HellRzR

Number of posts : 800
Registration date : 2007-06-30

PostSubject: Re: Going to memorie lane!!!!!!!   Going to memorie lane!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2007 10:06 am

2-15 inch pyle driver subs and i think a 500 watt pyramid amp, then i had 2-12 mtx thunders the blue ones and i forgot what amp
Back to top Go down
jmorri
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
jmorri

Number of posts : 412
Registration date : 2007-06-22

PostSubject: Re: Going to memorie lane!!!!!!!   Going to memorie lane!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2007 10:15 am

RF 200a4 with 2 Optima 8s in my 84 s-10
Back to top Go down
Navi
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Navi

Number of posts : 3105
Registration date : 2007-06-25

PostSubject: Re: Going to memorie lane!!!!!!!   Going to memorie lane!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2007 10:59 am

LA sound malibu 120s (still have it actually) on some crunch 10s with a kenwood cd player

that was 1993 ish maybe 92
Back to top Go down
HellRzR
HellRzR

Number of posts : 800

PostSubject: Re: Going to memorie lane!!!!!!!   Going to memorie lane!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2007 11:05 am

wow i forgot about la sound, i had a hermosa i believe it was called, but that was around 95
Back to top Go down
dbracer79
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
dbracer79

Number of posts : 1086
Registration date : 2007-06-28

PostSubject: Re: Going to memorie lane!!!!!!!   Going to memorie lane!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2007 11:07 am

First system I had was 2 kicker comp 12's powered by a sherwood 400, and 4 jbl 41\2's powered by a hk(member those). processor was a clarion gooseneck. Installed everything in 1 day and took best bass that night at a local show. Little did the people know that the box with the 2 12's was held together with nails not screws and homemade glue (baking flour and water).

After a year I got a hold on 2 12's orion extreme powered by a orion 225hcca amp, rated at 40 watts@4 ohm and 400 watts@1\4 ohm.
Back to top Go down
subfrontier

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2007-07-02

PostSubject: Re: Going to memorie lane!!!!!!!   Going to memorie lane!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2007 11:45 am

Two Pyle Driver Pro Series 10's (when they were still good subs), Linear Power 952 Amp, Harmon Kardon cassette deck, Kicker 4" and Kicker D20 tweeters powered with a eq.

I have owned so many subs but the ones that I wish I still had were a pair of G & S Designs Nightstalker 12's. I also really liked the M & M subs, and the Pro Series Rockford Fostgate "The Punch" subs.
Back to top Go down
http://www.teamspead.net
TECH114
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
TECH114

Number of posts : 4748

PostSubject: Re: Going to memorie lane!!!!!!!   Going to memorie lane!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2007 12:21 pm

subfrontier wrote:
Two Pyle Driver Pro Series 10's (when they were still good subs), Linear Power 952 Amp, Harmon Kardon cassette deck, Kicker 4" and Kicker D20 tweeters powered with a eq.

I have owned so many subs but the ones that I wish I still had were a pair of G & S Designs Nightstalker 12's. I also really liked the M & M subs, and the Pro Series Rockford Fostgate "The Punch" subs.
I stiil have 2 12 G & S design Redline speakers
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/infinitisound
Navi
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Navi

Number of posts : 3105

PostSubject: Re: Going to memorie lane!!!!!!!   Going to memorie lane!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2007 12:29 pm

which model were the G & S that had the motors larger than the basket?
Back to top Go down
mschwitz
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
mschwitz

Number of posts : 1125
Registration date : 2007-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Going to memorie lane!!!!!!!   Going to memorie lane!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2007 1:00 pm

I started out with one, then two Radio shack dual voice coil subs. I didn't know anything at the time and only hooked up one coil on each sub. I built a bandpass box with no program or knowledge other than I saw boxes like that at stores. No thought to tuning or anything like that. It was powered by one of those sweet 6 band eq booster thingy. Then I later upgraded to a california amp I found in some crappy mail catalog. Down the road a few years I got my first good system...1 MTX blue thunder sub in a sealed box and a Kenwood 2 channel bridged. That sub and amp went through all kinds of hell and I used the crap out of my extended warranty at CC.
Back to top Go down
subfrontier

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2007-07-02

PostSubject: Re: Going to memorie lane!!!!!!!   Going to memorie lane!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2007 4:42 pm

The only other G & S product I remember was some redline 8's

http://www.adelcom.net/NightstalkerDrivers1.htm
Back to top Go down
http://www.teamspead.net
justbump'n
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
justbump'n

Number of posts : 215

PostSubject: Re: Going to memorie lane!!!!!!!   Going to memorie lane!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2007 6:19 pm

I remember G&S and couldn't get them down here!!! But i did think the cerwin vega stroker's was cool and the new one's look cool to,just dont know how the perform!!!!!!But i remember when Radio shack used to sell MTX!!!!!!!What about Dr.Crankenstein yall remember them??????
Back to top Go down
jsketoe
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

Number of posts : 1587

PostSubject: Re: Going to memorie lane!!!!!!!   Going to memorie lane!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2007 12:32 am

Two Savard rap 10s...Sony amps on subs and highs. Kenwood coax's in the doors.
Back to top Go down
Eternally Stoned

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2007-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Going to memorie lane!!!!!!!   Going to memorie lane!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2007 12:40 am

Well dayum it has been a looooong time ago, but if memory serves me right. I think my first system was Harmon Kardon cassette deck, HiFonics Series V amps, and Stillwater Designs subwoofers.
Back to top Go down
XFL-Leader
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
XFL-Leader

Number of posts : 320

PostSubject: Re: Going to memorie lane!!!!!!!   Going to memorie lane!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2007 3:31 pm

justbump'n wrote:
Sup all i want to know what was youre first system and what was the best old school sub's that you loved and wished you had or still have?????Very Happy

Does my portable boombox count as a system?
I had a Lasonic TRC 931 boombox in the backseat of my '64 nova. I ran power wires to the battery, because 10 D cell batteries were to expensive. It was 15x2 rms with eight inch woofers along with tweeters.
You'all know this radio. It's the one on the picnic table at the front of Fresh Prince of Bel-air. They're shooting basketball and get in one little fight and mom gets scared.

Seriously, the subs that I would like to have back. The Atomic HPW 1299. I had 8 of them in the trunk of a mercury mystique. They were powered by an Autotek 333 amp. At only 1200 watts, I would have loved to see 4 times the power on my subs.
Back to top Go down
KC_LOUD&CLEAR
KC_LOUD&CLEAR

Number of posts : 909
Location : THE LAND OF OZ! Dear Auntie em hate you, hate kansas, took the freakin dog! Dorthy!

PostSubject: Re: Going to memorie lane!!!!!!!   Going to memorie lane!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2007 6:28 pm

MINE WAS AN LEAR JET 8 TRACK WITH TENNA MIND BLOWER 6X9S AND A SPARKOMATIC EQ WITH A LIME GREEN SINE WAVE.
NO ONE KNEW WHAT A SUB WAS THEN!
Back to top Go down
John Payton
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
John Payton

Number of posts : 397

PostSubject: Re: Going to memorie lane!!!!!!!   Going to memorie lane!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2007 7:31 pm

2 pyle 12's and an urban "1000" watt amp sealed in a 73 monte carlo... then i got 2 cerwin vega 10's on the same amp ported.. whats impeadance anyways?? oh yea and an ooooooolld alpine pullout cassest player.. them were the day... sir mix alot never sounded better lol
Back to top Go down
Bailey
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
Bailey

Number of posts : 123

PostSubject: Re: Going to memorie lane!!!!!!!   Going to memorie lane!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2007 9:02 pm

HellRzR wrote:
2-15 inch pyle driver subs and i think a 500 watt pyramid amp, then i had 2-12 mtx thunders the blue ones and i forgot what amp

I had 3 MTX blue thunder 10's at one point.. One of my personal favorites!! It was ran with a Rockford punch 45 (I think...) Very Happy
Man I loved those subs
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/thebestmeghan
jkrob21
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
jkrob21

Number of posts : 1476

PostSubject: Re: Going to memorie lane!!!!!!!   Going to memorie lane!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2007 9:43 pm

If memory serves me, back in 91 my first system consisted of an Alpine pull out cassette deck with CD changer in the glovebox. Alpine old school DSP/ EQ, the cool one with the spectrum anylyzer. Alpine mids and highs, a pair of Lanzar 12s and two Alpine amps. And yeah "Baby Got Back" seemed to rock it out back then. Later replaced the Lanzars with Kicker Comps.

I grew tired of that setup and put a snug top on and cut a walk-through for 3 JL 12W6s (the first dual 3 ohm I think) in a ported enclosure. Went out and bought an Eclipse ECD416 Deck and Eclipse DSP. Added all MB Quart comps for mids and highs. Two 6 1/2s and a 5/14 in each door. Along with some 4x6 plates in the dash. All of it was run off of a single McIntosh 6 channel 50x4 plus 100x2. Audio control x-overs and epicenter. All squeezed into an 89 S-10. I never took it to a single competition even though a lot of people said I should have. I was a little self conscious about having more money in the sound than the truck itself. I loved that system and wish I still had it around to show people what we did back in my day. This was around 1994 or so.

I got out of it for about 10 years after that untill I caught the bug again in 2004 and haven't quit since.
Back to top Go down
XFL-Leader
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
XFL-Leader

Number of posts : 320

PostSubject: Re: Going to memorie lane!!!!!!!   Going to memorie lane!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2007 10:11 am

KC_LOUD&CLEAR wrote:
MINE WAS AN LEAR JET 8 TRACK WITH TENNA MIND BLOWER 6X9S AND A SPARKOMATIC EQ WITH A LIME GREEN SINE WAVE.
NO ONE KNEW WHAT A SUB WAS THEN!

We had some mind blower 6x9s in my dad's work van(TV repair). I thought they were made by pyramid. They had a remote volume knob that mounted on the overhead console, which also held the 8-track player, cb radio and 100 watt linear amp.
Back to top Go down
BillGass
BillGass

Number of posts : 893

PostSubject: Re: Going to memorie lane!!!!!!!   Going to memorie lane!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2007 5:42 am

Jensen Triax 6x9's with a Sanyo auto-reverse cassette deck, no music search though. Then came the Craig cassette with music search AND a remote. then JVC KS-RG8. Hot, flip face, multi song music search. First sub setup was Petras Cardiac 10 in a bandpass with an autotek 7100x, I really wanted the 9100 but the pockets wouldn't allow it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Going to memorie lane!!!!!!!   Going to memorie lane!!!!!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Going to memorie lane!!!!!!!
Page 1 of 1