Mobile Audio Competitors Organization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LOUDEST SPORT ON EARTH!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Joint Finals a success. USACI numbers down due to very remote (from USACI) location but better than expected. Results posted on web site.
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» STETSOM 7KD
Protests and 'hot' amps... Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2020 7:37 pm by big bass joel

» any blown stetsom 7kd or 2k6d amps for sale
Protests and 'hot' amps... Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 7:32 pm by big bass joel

» We need the forums back
Protests and 'hot' amps... Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 2:41 pm by svillarrial

» THIS OLD FORUM IS ALIVE!!!! 6/14/17
Protests and 'hot' amps... Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 11:11 pm by 80INCHES

» It's back up !
Protests and 'hot' amps... Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 7:03 pm by chrisfish

» 2 Atomic apocalypse 12s D4
Protests and 'hot' amps... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 12:53 am by supersquirt

» well hello
Protests and 'hot' amps... Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 5:46 am by TAMU

» WELLLWELLL
Protests and 'hot' amps... Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 4:24 pm by Nice

» SLAMBOREE AUG 1 & 2
Protests and 'hot' amps... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 12:14 pm by Pro_Mom

Top posters
sanman
Protests and 'hot' amps... Vote_lcapProtests and 'hot' amps... Voting_barProtests and 'hot' amps... Vote_rcap 
The_Rowlands
Protests and 'hot' amps... Vote_lcapProtests and 'hot' amps... Voting_barProtests and 'hot' amps... Vote_rcap 
chrisfish
Stingraysevenout
scionsoloxb
TECH114
Alan
supadave
Moparbass28
Navi
Statistics
We have 1855 registered users
The newest registered user is Farenheit

Our users have posted a total of 222582 messages in 12665 subjects
Keywords
80inches crzyblondgrl contest quad dollar broken records Johncarr songs disc silence finals record state louisiana 2010 pics build world chef drive globe stereo kyle Audiopipe crank
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of United States Autosound Competition International on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Mobile Audio Competitors Organization on your social bookmarking website

Protests and 'hot' amps...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Canaan
Above Average Contributor
Canaan

Number of posts : 650
Registration date : 2007-07-03

Protests and 'hot' amps... Empty
PostSubject: Protests and 'hot' amps...   Protests and 'hot' amps... Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2008 11:15 am

Some may look at this as just stirring shit, but I feel it is a legit question.

So, we all know that even in a single production run of amps...some will be stronger than others. That said, here is my question:

Does USACi test only 1 amp when an amp model is protested?
(I don't know, I just had to ask)

I have seen the same model amp range from 105-135% of rated power.
Hell I have an MTX TA7801 birth sheet right here that claims 1779w at 1ohm when its rated at 1200w. The 4ohm rating on this amp is 400w, but the sheet claims 760w. I don't know the criteria by with MTX tests their amps, but they are CEA2006 compliant.

Clearly this amp wouldn't even get close to passing a protest (not that is amp would be the loudest in USACi or anything). But at the same time, I have seen birthsheets saying on other 7801's in the 1400-1500w range. This is just a hot amp.

Who is to say that in the past USACi didn't get ahold of a hot amp and rerated a boarder line model based on that?

Does anyone else feel that USACi should test more than 1 amp from a given model in order for a protest to stick? Not just the M3, but any amp under protest.

Sorry if this is just stirring the pot alil more, but I just had to ask.
If I am way off on the way I'm looking at it, please feel free to chime in.

EDIT:
Also, I would love to see all amps certified, but just how long would that take? And think about the cost.

I run 20.1's...would they pass w/ the new 20% criteria?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Protests and 'hot' amps...   Protests and 'hot' amps... Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2008 11:55 am

IMHO, i dont think any amp out there would pass at this, as all amps use the division to get the 4 ohm ratting, and not one of them is 100% efficient so to say thats all they make at 4ohm is impossible.
Back to top Go down
zacdavis
zacdavis

Number of posts : 917
Registration date : 2007-06-28

PostSubject: Re: Protests and 'hot' amps...   Protests and 'hot' amps... Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2008 9:34 pm

Thats a very good point canaan.

As Bruce stated, we think the whole division thing is kinda bogus anyhow. We've been tossing around a few ideas many of you should like.
After our next committee meeting we'll post a new thread on the subject. Thanks for the input Canaan, you've given us something else to throw in the mix.
Back to top Go down
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

Number of posts : 12087
Registration date : 2007-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Protests and 'hot' amps...   Protests and 'hot' amps... Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2008 9:46 pm

PROBLEM WITH TESTING MORE THAN 1 AMP OF A CERTAIN BRAND IS GETTING THEM SENT IN TO TEST NOW HOW MANY COMPETITORS WOULD DO IT JUST TO HAVE IT TESTED WITHOUT THE FEAR OF GETTING IT BACK TO GET THERE POINTS, OR TAKING A CHANCE OF IT BEING SCREWED UP????

MAYBE AN AUTO INVITE TO FINALS FOR THOSE THAT DO SEND THERES IN TO BE TESTED MAYBE.

i LIKE MY IDEA TO RALPH NOT TO LONG AGO A WAY TO TES THE AMP AT FINALS OUT THE CAR ON THE BENCH THEN BACK TO THE CAR THIS IS WHAT IDE LOVE TO SEE
Back to top Go down
PhatSam
PhatSam

Number of posts : 628
Registration date : 2007-06-24

PostSubject: Re: Protests and 'hot' amps...   Protests and 'hot' amps... Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2008 10:20 pm

I'd be willin to send in my amp. But in my defense I have a team mate close that I can borrow from til its back. Only thing that scares me is if they blew it while testing.

Only thing I would say that limits your idea of a bench at finals would be the cost to get a half ass accurate one. BUt I think it is a acceptable idea
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Protests and 'hot' amps...   Protests and 'hot' amps... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Protests and 'hot' amps...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Mobile Audio Competitors Organization :: GENERAL DISCUSSION :: General Discussion :: GENERAL SOUND COMPETITION DISCUSSION-
Jump to: