Mobile Audio Competitors Organization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LOUDEST SPORT ON EARTH!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Joint Finals a success. USACI numbers down due to very remote (from USACI) location but better than expected. Results posted on web site.
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» STETSOM 7KD
/////Alpine or Clarion Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2020 7:37 pm by big bass joel

» any blown stetsom 7kd or 2k6d amps for sale
/////Alpine or Clarion Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 7:32 pm by big bass joel

» We need the forums back
/////Alpine or Clarion Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 2:41 pm by svillarrial

» THIS OLD FORUM IS ALIVE!!!! 6/14/17
/////Alpine or Clarion Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 11:11 pm by 80INCHES

» It's back up !
/////Alpine or Clarion Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 7:03 pm by chrisfish

» 2 Atomic apocalypse 12s D4
/////Alpine or Clarion Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 12:53 am by supersquirt

» well hello
/////Alpine or Clarion Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 5:46 am by TAMU

» WELLLWELLL
/////Alpine or Clarion Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 4:24 pm by Nice

» SLAMBOREE AUG 1 & 2
/////Alpine or Clarion Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 12:14 pm by Pro_Mom

Top posters
sanman
/////Alpine or Clarion Vote_lcap/////Alpine or Clarion Voting_bar/////Alpine or Clarion Vote_rcap 
The_Rowlands
/////Alpine or Clarion Vote_lcap/////Alpine or Clarion Voting_bar/////Alpine or Clarion Vote_rcap 
chrisfish
Stingraysevenout
scionsoloxb
TECH114
Alan
supadave
Moparbass28
Navi
Statistics
We have 1855 registered users
The newest registered user is Farenheit

Our users have posted a total of 222582 messages in 12665 subjects
Keywords
crank chef world globe build state quad records record 80inches songs finals drive broken 2010 crzyblondgrl stereo Johncarr louisiana dollar silence pics disc contest Audiopipe kyle
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of United States Autosound Competition International on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Mobile Audio Competitors Organization on your social bookmarking website

/////Alpine or Clarion

Go down 
+7
jsketoe
tijuana_no
redhanded
Matt_Sibley
Crush
jayhawkblk
Iron Maiden
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Iron Maiden
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
Iron Maiden

Number of posts : 331
Registration date : 2007-06-25

/////Alpine or Clarion Empty
PostSubject: /////Alpine or Clarion   /////Alpine or Clarion Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2008 5:52 am

I have owned /////Alpine cd and dvd players for a long time now, I am thinking about switching to Clarion. Which in your opinion is the better player from a sq standpoint as well as reliability
Back to top Go down
jayhawkblk
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
jayhawkblk

Registration date : 2007-06-28

PostSubject: Re: /////Alpine or Clarion   /////Alpine or Clarion Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2008 8:41 am

That is subjective. All depends on the models that you are considering. I would say The Alpine has the edge unless you put the DRZ in the mix. But dont over look the Eclipse MKII 7200 that is a beast of a HU.
Back to top Go down
Crush
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor

Number of posts : 167
Registration date : 2007-09-10

PostSubject: Re: /////Alpine or Clarion   /////Alpine or Clarion Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2008 10:03 am

ive sold them all at one point or the other but alpine just has the right feel to them and from reliability well alpine and kenwood are the only two we stock now and kenwoods are for a cheaper price point. excelon's are nice but like all the others too hard to operate.

sq well for some reason manufactures could care less about it.

like the old saying " once you go alpine - you don't go back "

i too am dissappointed in alpine's slide to the cheap side.
it was even 10 yrs ago they were saying that they could keep up with demand and that was ok . they didn't need to be #1 in market share. but that is all they have tried to do. circuit city, best buy, internet whoreing ( 2007 award for stopping it - hahahaha). each year i see products degrade across the board. no one tries to build the best anymore it is a race to see can build the cheapest.

pretty early in the morning for the soap box, huh
Back to top Go down
jayhawkblk
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
jayhawkblk

Registration date : 2007-06-28

PostSubject: Re: /////Alpine or Clarion   /////Alpine or Clarion Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2008 3:48 pm

That is why I recommended the DRZ or the CD7200 both dead units copper body better built transports and upgraded DAC's
Back to top Go down
Iron Maiden
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
Iron Maiden

PostSubject: Re: /////Alpine or Clarion   /////Alpine or Clarion Icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2008 6:24 am

Crush wrote:
ive sold them all at one point or the other but alpine just has the right feel to them and from reliability well alpine and kenwood are the only two we stock now and kenwoods are for a cheaper price point. excelon's are nice but like all the others too hard to operate.

sq well for some reason manufactures could care less about it.

like the old saying " once you go alpine - you don't go back "

i too am dissappointed in alpine's slide to the cheap side.
it was even 10 yrs ago they were saying that they could keep up with demand and that was ok . they didn't need to be #1 in market share. but that is all they have tried to do. circuit city, best buy, internet whoreing ( 2007 award for stopping it - hahahaha). each year i see products degrade across the board. no one tries to build the best anymore it is a race to see can build the cheapest.

pretty early in the morning for the soap box, huh

I agree /////Alpine has fallen off. I have the /////Alpine dva 105 and dva 9861. I like both, but they are not the units that my cda 9815 is. Motorized and a awesome time correction. We have just picked up Eclipse and I love the 7200. Only problem is we also carry clarion. I hate the slide face on the DXZ USB 785, but the unit is awesome in every way.
The drz 9255 is incredible, however if the 7200 is half the unit the 9255 is at half the price scratch then the 7200 gets more and more interesting
Back to top Go down
Matt_Sibley
Above Average Contributor

Number of posts : 957

PostSubject: Re: /////Alpine or Clarion   /////Alpine or Clarion Icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2008 11:18 am

Talk to your clarion rep Kevon. They will usually work something out for you on the 9255. Makes it a bit more reasonably priced if the price is still the same as I remember!
Back to top Go down
http://www.us.airliquide.com
redhanded
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
redhanded

Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2008-01-28

PostSubject: Re: /////Alpine or Clarion   /////Alpine or Clarion Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2008 4:13 pm

9255 has worked well for me
Back to top Go down
tijuana_no
tijuana_no

Number of posts : 709
Registration date : 2007-09-12

PostSubject: Re: /////Alpine or Clarion   /////Alpine or Clarion Icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2008 12:18 am

ALPINE 7949 ,IF YOU CAN FIND ONE , SIMPLE BUT GREAT.
Back to top Go down
jsketoe
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

Number of posts : 1587
Registration date : 2007-06-23

PostSubject: Re: /////Alpine or Clarion   /////Alpine or Clarion Icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2008 5:46 pm

I'd love to find another 7949 to be honest.
Back to top Go down
tijuana_no
tijuana_no

Number of posts : 709
Registration date : 2007-09-12

PostSubject: Re: /////Alpine or Clarion   /////Alpine or Clarion Icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2008 1:29 am

jsketoe wrote:
I'd love to find another 7949 to be honest.
I have one in great shape no scratches in the face. i am even tempted to replace the c-90 for it.
Back to top Go down
ibbangin
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
ibbangin

Number of posts : 1906
Registration date : 2007-07-13

PostSubject: Re: /////Alpine or Clarion   /////Alpine or Clarion Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2008 9:07 pm

i like atomic!!!!!
Back to top Go down
jkrob21
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
jkrob21

Number of posts : 1476

PostSubject: Re: /////Alpine or Clarion   /////Alpine or Clarion Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2008 9:13 pm

ibbangin wrote:
i like atomic!!!!!

You would!!!
Back to top Go down
AceFrealy
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
AceFrealy

Number of posts : 266
Registration date : 2008-04-29

PostSubject: Re: /////Alpine or Clarion   /////Alpine or Clarion Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2008 9:51 pm

I like Clarion but it would depend on model in the end.
Back to top Go down
Iron Maiden
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
Iron Maiden

PostSubject: Re: /////Alpine or Clarion   /////Alpine or Clarion Icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2008 12:38 am

Update....... First non /////Alpine unit in several years second no alp ever. I chose the Eclipse cd7200 mkII. I had to drive 35 mi home to download owners manual. After damn near wanting to take it out I realized how to make changes and once I set it I have decided to keep it. I could care less about bluetooth but the sound was pretty impressive. Sounds really nice on me tube amps.
Back to top Go down
jsketoe
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

Number of posts : 1587
Registration date : 2007-06-23

PostSubject: Re: /////Alpine or Clarion   /////Alpine or Clarion Icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2008 12:55 pm

you'll like that Eclipse...that Clarion in discussion is sweet too. I don't think I'd replace my C90 for any of those to be honest. But if my C90 went down and my back-ups were crap...I'd go back to a 7949.
Back to top Go down
Iron Maiden
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
Iron Maiden

PostSubject: Re: /////Alpine or Clarion   /////Alpine or Clarion Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 12:12 am

I cant believe it Jsket I actually do like it(Eclipse). I hate the fact that you have to download the owners maual. Biggest gripe is in 4 channel the time correction only allows for one sub. My cda9815 has 6 channel time correction. The SQ on this unit is quite nice. The sound is thick, my 9815 was quite thin if that makes since
Back to top Go down
RXZILLA
RXZILLA

Number of posts : 902
Registration date : 2007-06-22

PostSubject: Re: /////Alpine or Clarion   /////Alpine or Clarion Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 12:23 am

Kenwood 8120
Back to top Go down
Iron Maiden
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
Iron Maiden

PostSubject: Re: /////Alpine or Clarion   /////Alpine or Clarion Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 7:58 am

Yeppers that is a nice unit. Nice price as well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: /////Alpine or Clarion   /////Alpine or Clarion Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

/////Alpine or Clarion
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Mobile Audio Competitors Organization :: GENERAL DISCUSSION :: SOUND QUALITY DISCUSSION :: SOUND QUALITY-
Jump to: