Mobile Audio Competitors Organization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LOUDEST SPORT ON EARTH!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Joint Finals a success. USACI numbers down due to very remote (from USACI) location but better than expected. Results posted on web site.
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» STETSOM 7KD
Shallow walls? (Now a buildlog) Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2020 7:37 pm by big bass joel

» any blown stetsom 7kd or 2k6d amps for sale
Shallow walls? (Now a buildlog) Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 7:32 pm by big bass joel

» We need the forums back
Shallow walls? (Now a buildlog) Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 2:41 pm by svillarrial

» THIS OLD FORUM IS ALIVE!!!! 6/14/17
Shallow walls? (Now a buildlog) Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 11:11 pm by 80INCHES

» It's back up !
Shallow walls? (Now a buildlog) Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 7:03 pm by chrisfish

» 2 Atomic apocalypse 12s D4
Shallow walls? (Now a buildlog) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 12:53 am by supersquirt

» well hello
Shallow walls? (Now a buildlog) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 5:46 am by TAMU

» WELLLWELLL
Shallow walls? (Now a buildlog) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 4:24 pm by Nice

» SLAMBOREE AUG 1 & 2
Shallow walls? (Now a buildlog) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 12:14 pm by Pro_Mom

Top posters
sanman
Shallow walls? (Now a buildlog) Vote_lcapShallow walls? (Now a buildlog) Voting_barShallow walls? (Now a buildlog) Vote_rcap 
The_Rowlands
Shallow walls? (Now a buildlog) Vote_lcapShallow walls? (Now a buildlog) Voting_barShallow walls? (Now a buildlog) Vote_rcap 
chrisfish
Stingraysevenout
scionsoloxb
TECH114
Alan
supadave
Moparbass28
Navi
Statistics
We have 1855 registered users
The newest registered user is Farenheit

Our users have posted a total of 222582 messages in 12665 subjects
Keywords
contest kyle songs pics Johncarr world finals globe state silence stereo drive chef disc 2010 quad broken records Audiopipe crzyblondgrl record crank dollar build 80inches louisiana
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of United States Autosound Competition International on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Mobile Audio Competitors Organization on your social bookmarking website

Shallow walls? (Now a buildlog)

Go down 
+6
Nice
Alan
Jeff Sanford
Moparbass28
TECH114
Canaan
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Canaan
Above Average Contributor
Canaan

Number of posts : 650
Registration date : 2007-07-03

Shallow walls? (Now a buildlog) Empty
PostSubject: Shallow walls? (Now a buildlog)   Shallow walls? (Now a buildlog) Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2008 10:02 pm

Well, I'm stuck in Mod w/ my ext silverado...so I figured, why not try an semi-permanent wall.

I messed around w/ a few ideas, and came up w/ a drawing for a 2x4 skeleton that will fit through the doors. (not 3rd door)

I can get a solid 16-16.25cuft (gross) out of my first design w/ a 2.25" baffle and a single layer of 3/4" on the skeleton. But, here is the kicker...the internal depth of the wall is only 15".

I have never built a wall before, so I don't know how bad that will hurt airflow or maybe choke the port.

As of now, I have 2 DD3515's doing just 153's w/ 2 20.1's in basically a daily box (subs and port up). I was thinking start w/ them and maybe go to a 3rd 15"...but 55-56' is really all I'm looking for.

So, how does ~14cuft w/ ~330-360sqin port ~7" deep. The port would be around 10-10.5" wide, but only 10.5-11" from the back wall of the box.

Distance from the baffle to the front glass will be ~50". From top of port (extreme top left) ~80" to the kick. And from center of baffle between the subs to the kick (~10" from the right wall of box) is ~56".

Am I psychotic, or would this be a decent design to start with?

Shallow walls? (Now a buildlog) WALL3
Shallow walls? (Now a buildlog) WALL2
Shallow walls? (Now a buildlog) WALL1b

Last edited by Canaan on Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TECH114
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
TECH114

Number of posts : 4748
Registration date : 2007-06-24

PostSubject: Re: Shallow walls? (Now a buildlog)   Shallow walls? (Now a buildlog) Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2008 12:28 pm

The only way to know is build and test. Nice drawing. What did you use?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/infinitisound
Canaan
Canaan

PostSubject: Re: Shallow walls? (Now a buildlog)   Shallow walls? (Now a buildlog) Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 2:30 am

I used Google SketchUp.

Anyone else wanna chime in please?
I have the skeleton up and going, hope to have it boxed in by Sunday.

What do you think about this design?
Am I wasting my time?
Back to top Go down
Moparbass28
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Moparbass28

Number of posts : 3541
Registration date : 2007-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Shallow walls? (Now a buildlog)   Shallow walls? (Now a buildlog) Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 2:41 pm

Looks like a good design, worth a try and build. The depth won't hurt you to much on 2 subs. If you went with more, then there may be a prob with back pressure at that depth.

The port is fine for being that far away from the back wall.

Nice drawing by the way. I like sketchup as well.
Back to top Go down
Jeff Sanford
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor

Number of posts : 459

PostSubject: Re: Shallow walls? (Now a buildlog)   Shallow walls? (Now a buildlog) Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 9:03 pm

from the picture I would suggest filling in the area that is between the2x4's
Back to top Go down
Alan
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Alan

Number of posts : 3897
Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Shallow walls? (Now a buildlog)   Shallow walls? (Now a buildlog) Icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2008 6:24 pm

i agree you forsure want more 2x4s or somthing in there.. but i say build it ..i dont see it being the loudest mod car around.. but i think your goal is doable
Back to top Go down
Nice
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Nice

Number of posts : 2042
Registration date : 2007-07-13

PostSubject: Re: Shallow walls? (Now a buildlog)   Shallow walls? (Now a buildlog) Icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2008 7:55 pm

This is for spl of daily?
Back to top Go down
Canaan
Canaan

PostSubject: Re: Shallow walls? (Now a buildlog)   Shallow walls? (Now a buildlog) Icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2008 9:11 pm

To tell the truth, I'm just having alil fun w/ something new.
The wall will fit through the doors, so it is FAR from permanent.

This truck is my daily driver, so I will most likely build some blockers to fill in the port area some for daily driving.

Its nowhere near a true Mod build.
Just something louder than I used to be.

Sadly, my old 153.1 was by far the loudest in the Monroe, La area. It sounded pretty good though. It would play any song and peaked at 45-47hz.

None of the other local shops build for even local SPL anymore. I have been the only thing keeping it alive for the last few years Sad
As a matter of fact about 2years ago, I held the first SPL comp Monroe/West Monroe had seen in over 6 years.

I am trying to bring it back and get locals interested, but its slow going. Even other installers at local shops will not compete at my local shows. Its sad. I would love to have some friendly rivalries spring up Smile (all in good fun, ya know)

At least USACi will be in town for Dream Cruz this summer.

Well, I got the skeleton about done today. Still going to add more 2x4's. After getting to the point I amp now, I have 4 studs left...plenty for extra braces.

I'll get some pics up soon.
Back to top Go down
Nice
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Nice

PostSubject: Re: Shallow walls? (Now a buildlog)   Shallow walls? (Now a buildlog) Icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2008 9:24 pm

Best of luck.
Back to top Go down
day day

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2007-12-31

PostSubject: Re: Shallow walls? (Now a buildlog)   Shallow walls? (Now a buildlog) Icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2008 9:33 pm

remember 4-27-08 j.c.
Back to top Go down
Canaan
Canaan

PostSubject: Re: Shallow walls? (Now a buildlog)   Shallow walls? (Now a buildlog) Icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2008 9:37 pm

day day wrote:
remember 4-27-08 j.c.

The Tyler,TX show?
Yea I'll be there. This should be up and running for Tyler.
Back to top Go down
day day

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2007-12-31

PostSubject: Re: Shallow walls? (Now a buildlog)   Shallow walls? (Now a buildlog) Icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2008 9:38 pm

ok good deal
Back to top Go down
Canaan
Canaan

PostSubject: Re: Shallow walls? (Now a buildlog)   Shallow walls? (Now a buildlog) Icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2008 10:18 pm

Here is the start of the skeleton:

Shallow walls? (Now a buildlog) 472697
Shallow walls? (Now a buildlog) 472703
Shallow walls? (Now a buildlog) 472704

Pretty basic, but should be the job done.
Back to top Go down
slumpinhonda
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
slumpinhonda

Number of posts : 2938

PostSubject: Re: Shallow walls? (Now a buildlog)   Shallow walls? (Now a buildlog) Icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2008 10:19 pm

looks good
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shallow walls? (Now a buildlog)   Shallow walls? (Now a buildlog) Icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2008 10:41 pm

Nice
Back to top Go down
Nice
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Nice

PostSubject: Re: Shallow walls? (Now a buildlog)   Shallow walls? (Now a buildlog) Icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2008 10:49 pm

Great start!
Back to top Go down
TECH114
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
TECH114

Number of posts : 4748
Registration date : 2007-06-24

PostSubject: Re: Shallow walls? (Now a buildlog)   Shallow walls? (Now a buildlog) Icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2008 10:54 pm

Nice carpentry work. Do you build houses?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/infinitisound
Canaan
Canaan

PostSubject: Re: Shallow walls? (Now a buildlog)   Shallow walls? (Now a buildlog) Icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2008 2:25 am

Thanks for the complements guys.

No I don't build houses, but I have been building dam near everything else since I was young. My grandpa is a carpenter though, I picked it all up from him.

I'm just hoping a few 3515's and 2 20.1's will be impressive enough for the locals.

I'm going to a Clarion flipscreen up front w/ a backup camera also, just have to get another paycheck or 2 before that happens. My Pioneer 860mp is going in the toolbox w/ the amps and batts. Going to set up up so the 860 will be used for burps only. The Clarion will run the system daily.
Back to top Go down
BigE
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
BigE

Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2007-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Shallow walls? (Now a buildlog)   Shallow walls? (Now a buildlog) Icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2008 6:08 pm

Looks good. Good luck
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/274208
Canaan
Canaan

PostSubject: Re: Shallow walls? (Now a buildlog)   Shallow walls? (Now a buildlog) Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 11:26 pm

Well, its coming along. Kinda slowly, but its coming.

Shallow walls? (Now a buildlog) 473231
Shallow walls? (Now a buildlog) 473232

Gotta do alil glassing in the corners and run wiring to the toolbox.
Hoping to have it ready for Tyler,Tx on the 27th. If its not, I'm just gonna ride to the show for the hell of it.
Back to top Go down
Canaan
Canaan

PostSubject: Re: Shallow walls? (Now a buildlog)   Shallow walls? (Now a buildlog) Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 5:47 pm

Well, the wall did exactly what I was hoping it wouldn't.

I changed the port design on the fly and it ended up being too long. So (the best I can figure), the port is too close to the back wall and its acting like an L-shaped slot vent. It is only 7.5" from the back wall...so, I guess that was my retard moment for the week.

The reason I thing this is, its peaking at WAY too low a freq and staying withing 1.5-2db of its peak at 40hz. lol.

The only good things I'm seeing is that the wall is VERY secure in the truck and it is withing .4db when metering legal or outlaw.

I'm knocking the port out totally this evening and trying it w/ just the baffle as the port. Should tune me to ~60-65hz and my 1/4 wave to the dash is in that range depending on where you measure.
Back to top Go down
Skip01
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Skip01

Number of posts : 2099
Registration date : 2007-07-02

PostSubject: Re: Shallow walls? (Now a buildlog)   Shallow walls? (Now a buildlog) Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 8:02 pm

Sweeeettt

Gonna have it ready and all tuned for Scrapin?

mod 0-1000?
Back to top Go down
Canaan
Canaan

PostSubject: Re: Shallow walls? (Now a buildlog)   Shallow walls? (Now a buildlog) Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 9:40 pm

Well, I am about an inch away from pulling this fukin wall out on the ground a burning it Shocked

I knocked the port wall out and it does the same damn #'s. Only now it does it at 65hz instead of 50hz w/ the port.

I'm pretty well stumped. It is NOWHERE near loud. Only 150s.Shocked
I'm pissed. I guess walls are far from what I'm good at.
Hell, I louder on 1 9515 on 1 amp w/ a box below the windowline scratch

I a just am just going to rip this wall out for the Tyler show and put my old box back in.

I'll deal w/ this wall later on in the summer. I just don't have the time to fornicate w/ it now.
Anyone have any ideas on what the hell I'm missing? Whats doing on w/ this dam thing?

help me out here before I go nuts.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shallow walls? (Now a buildlog)   Shallow walls? (Now a buildlog) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Shallow walls? (Now a buildlog)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Mobile Audio Competitors Organization :: GENERAL DISCUSSION :: HOW TO GET LOUD! :: HOW TO GET LOUD!-
Jump to: