Mobile Audio Competitors Organization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LOUDEST SPORT ON EARTH!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Joint Finals a success. USACI numbers down due to very remote (from USACI) location but better than expected. Results posted on web site.
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» STETSOM 7KD
Inverted Subs.  Are they considered protected? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2020 7:37 pm by big bass joel

» any blown stetsom 7kd or 2k6d amps for sale
Inverted Subs.  Are they considered protected? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 7:32 pm by big bass joel

» We need the forums back
Inverted Subs.  Are they considered protected? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 2:41 pm by svillarrial

» THIS OLD FORUM IS ALIVE!!!! 6/14/17
Inverted Subs.  Are they considered protected? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 11:11 pm by 80INCHES

» It's back up !
Inverted Subs.  Are they considered protected? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 7:03 pm by chrisfish

» 2 Atomic apocalypse 12s D4
Inverted Subs.  Are they considered protected? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 12:53 am by supersquirt

» well hello
Inverted Subs.  Are they considered protected? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 5:46 am by TAMU

» WELLLWELLL
Inverted Subs.  Are they considered protected? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 4:24 pm by Nice

» SLAMBOREE AUG 1 & 2
Inverted Subs.  Are they considered protected? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 12:14 pm by Pro_Mom

Top posters
sanman
Inverted Subs.  Are they considered protected? Vote_lcapInverted Subs.  Are they considered protected? Voting_barInverted Subs.  Are they considered protected? Vote_rcap 
The_Rowlands
Inverted Subs.  Are they considered protected? Vote_lcapInverted Subs.  Are they considered protected? Voting_barInverted Subs.  Are they considered protected? Vote_rcap 
chrisfish
Stingraysevenout
scionsoloxb
TECH114
Alan
supadave
Moparbass28
Navi
Statistics
We have 1855 registered users
The newest registered user is Farenheit

Our users have posted a total of 222582 messages in 12665 subjects
Keywords
pics crank drive broken Johncarr record stereo songs louisiana 80inches crzyblondgrl world quad disc globe kyle silence finals records contest Audiopipe build state 2010 dollar chef
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of United States Autosound Competition International on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Mobile Audio Competitors Organization on your social bookmarking website

Inverted Subs. Are they considered protected?

Go down 
+2
bmuhammad1
dlechner
6 posters
AuthorMessage
dlechner
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor

Number of posts : 121
Registration date : 2007-06-28

Inverted Subs.  Are they considered protected? Empty
PostSubject: Inverted Subs. Are they considered protected?   Inverted Subs.  Are they considered protected? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2008 4:51 pm

Did this ever get settled from before? I know that we had an issue in 2006.

Are inverted subs considered protected?

Thanks guys!

Dave
Back to top Go down
bmuhammad1
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor

Number of posts : 318
Registration date : 2007-06-24

PostSubject: Re: Inverted Subs. Are they considered protected?   Inverted Subs.  Are they considered protected? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2008 5:23 pm

yeah I think that was settled. At the finals I got judged with inverted subs and they considered it protected...given that you have the wires and the terminals covered or protected.
Back to top Go down
jsketoe
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

Number of posts : 1587
Registration date : 2007-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Inverted Subs. Are they considered protected?   Inverted Subs.  Are they considered protected? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2008 8:59 pm

Yup. geek
Back to top Go down
dlechner
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Inverted Subs. Are they considered protected?   Inverted Subs.  Are they considered protected? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2008 12:46 pm

Thanks doods!
Back to top Go down
jayhawkblk
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
jayhawkblk

Number of posts : 331

PostSubject: Re: Inverted Subs. Are they considered protected?   Inverted Subs.  Are they considered protected? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2008 12:59 pm

I still dont understand this rule but oh well!! Very Happy No grill not protected flip the sub over and all the spider and voice coil exposed and protected. Rules are Rules.
Back to top Go down
jsketoe
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

Number of posts : 1587
Registration date : 2007-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Inverted Subs. Are they considered protected?   Inverted Subs.  Are they considered protected? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2008 8:01 pm

I never understood this rule.
Back to top Go down
Crush
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor

Number of posts : 167
Registration date : 2007-09-10

PostSubject: Re: Inverted Subs. Are they considered protected?   Inverted Subs.  Are they considered protected? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2008 9:50 pm

i think the rule came from the highlighted install from the other guys.

grill can really suck the life out of the custom install.
inverted, big magnets, chrome, lada lada lada
think it was a phase but inverted is an easy grill.

personally custom installs shouldn't require a grill
let those puppies out to breath.
Back to top Go down
jkrob21
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
jkrob21

Number of posts : 1476
Registration date : 2007-06-25

PostSubject: Re: Inverted Subs. Are they considered protected?   Inverted Subs.  Are they considered protected? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2008 7:52 pm

So what about subs that cannot have anything thrown at them because they are behind something else?

I helped a buddy back 92 or so build a box that enclosed the subs entirely. Then ported it all up through the rear deck. Still need grills?
Back to top Go down
Crush
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor

Number of posts : 167
Registration date : 2007-09-10

PostSubject: Re: Inverted Subs. Are they considered protected?   Inverted Subs.  Are they considered protected? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2008 8:14 pm

bandpass enclosures are but i don't think subs up against a back seat are.
Back to top Go down
jkrob21
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
jkrob21

Number of posts : 1476
Registration date : 2007-06-25

PostSubject: Re: Inverted Subs. Are they considered protected?   Inverted Subs.  Are they considered protected? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2008 8:33 pm

Why you gotta bust my balls man? Laughing What if the subs are not up against the back seat but a foot or so away and the seat does not fold down?

They do not make grills for my new subs. If I fabricate some grills I don't think you will be able to see the "security screws" in the pics. Not with out some creative cheat pics anyways.

Just trying to clarify because I want to hold on to last years install scoring. I missed one point down the entire page.
Back to top Go down
jayhawkblk
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
jayhawkblk

Number of posts : 331

PostSubject: Re: Inverted Subs. Are they considered protected?   Inverted Subs.  Are they considered protected? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2008 9:48 pm

John to my understanding as long as the cone can not be accessed with something as small as a writing pen then it is considered protected. i am gonna have to make a grill for my subs and it will totally jack up the flow of my install but Rules are rules and must abide by them.
Back to top Go down
dlechner
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Inverted Subs. Are they considered protected?   Inverted Subs.  Are they considered protected? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 9:45 am

jayhawkblk wrote:
John to my understanding as long as the cone can not be accessed with something as small as a writing pen then it is considered protected. i am gonna have to make a grill for my subs and it will totally jack up the flow of my install but Rules are rules and must abide by them.

This is the way that I understood it as well. I do agree it is a silly rule. But please, lets not make this more than it is in this thread. Rules are rules.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Inverted Subs. Are they considered protected?   Inverted Subs.  Are they considered protected? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Inverted Subs. Are they considered protected?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Mobile Audio Competitors Organization :: GENERAL DISCUSSION :: SOUND QUALITY DISCUSSION :: SOUND QUALITY-
Jump to: