Mobile Audio Competitors Organization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LOUDEST SPORT ON EARTH!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Joint Finals a success. USACI numbers down due to very remote (from USACI) location but better than expected. Results posted on web site.
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» STETSOM 7KD
Pontiac G8 GT on the way.... Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2020 7:37 pm by big bass joel

» any blown stetsom 7kd or 2k6d amps for sale
Pontiac G8 GT on the way.... Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 7:32 pm by big bass joel

» We need the forums back
Pontiac G8 GT on the way.... Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 2:41 pm by svillarrial

» THIS OLD FORUM IS ALIVE!!!! 6/14/17
Pontiac G8 GT on the way.... Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 11:11 pm by 80INCHES

» It's back up !
Pontiac G8 GT on the way.... Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 7:03 pm by chrisfish

» 2 Atomic apocalypse 12s D4
Pontiac G8 GT on the way.... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 12:53 am by supersquirt

» well hello
Pontiac G8 GT on the way.... Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 5:46 am by TAMU

» WELLLWELLL
Pontiac G8 GT on the way.... Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 4:24 pm by Nice

» SLAMBOREE AUG 1 & 2
Pontiac G8 GT on the way.... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 12:14 pm by Pro_Mom

Top posters
sanman
Pontiac G8 GT on the way.... Vote_lcapPontiac G8 GT on the way.... Voting_barPontiac G8 GT on the way.... Vote_rcap 
The_Rowlands
Pontiac G8 GT on the way.... Vote_lcapPontiac G8 GT on the way.... Voting_barPontiac G8 GT on the way.... Vote_rcap 
chrisfish
Stingraysevenout
scionsoloxb
TECH114
Alan
supadave
Moparbass28
Navi
Statistics
We have 1855 registered users
The newest registered user is Farenheit

Our users have posted a total of 222582 messages in 12665 subjects
Keywords
crzyblondgrl drive kyle crank disc contest world silence Audiopipe chef finals records broken dollar build Johncarr 80inches 2010 songs state record pics stereo louisiana quad globe
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of United States Autosound Competition International on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Mobile Audio Competitors Organization on your social bookmarking website

Pontiac G8 GT on the way....

Go down 
+2
jsketoe
Matt_Sibley
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Matt_Sibley
Above Average Contributor

Number of posts : 957
Registration date : 2007-06-25

Pontiac G8 GT on the way.... Empty
PostSubject: Pontiac G8 GT on the way....   Pontiac G8 GT on the way.... Icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2008 12:46 am

I've been looking at these as a possibility for a new car. The head unit appears to be made in with the Dual Climate controls, and even if it is in fact separate, the screen on the radio displays all climate information as well as other vehicle functions. I really dont like the audio system in it, after all, its Blaupunkt...it can't be that great.

Has anyone pulled the head unit out of one of these yet? If so, what could you tell from behind the dash about the makeup of the climate control/radio system?

While it may be more complicated than its worth I guess if I end up buying it I'll have to call up on my computer engineering buddies that are better at programming and stuff than I and see if they can rework it for me to do what I want it to do. I'd love to be able to replace it with something aftermarket, but it doesn't appear an easy task.

On another note, anyone use the Imprint processor yet on an OEM head unit? We've yet to sell one at our store and I'm really curious as to how well they work. Any info on the audio system of this car is appreciated. The online forums thus far have little to no info on it at all. Thanks.

Last edited by Matt_Sibley on Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.us.airliquide.com
jsketoe
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

Number of posts : 1587
Registration date : 2007-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Pontiac G8 GT on the way....   Pontiac G8 GT on the way.... Icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2008 5:36 pm

I'd look seriously at Audison's bitone
Back to top Go down
Matt_Sibley

PostSubject: Re: Pontiac G8 GT on the way....   Pontiac G8 GT on the way.... Icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2008 8:05 pm

Interesting, I had yet to see or hear about that product until now. It looks nice. It will definitely be considered if I do end up buying a car that has a radio that I can't replace.

On another note, what do you think about the G8 GT?
Back to top Go down
jsketoe
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Pontiac G8 GT on the way....   Pontiac G8 GT on the way.... Icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2008 8:57 pm

Investment wise...I wouldn't buy one NEW because they are going to devalue like the GTOs did. Get one as a program or a year old to lose that initial depreciation hit and you'll be good to go.
Car wise...LSx power ownz bro...it's going to be the cat's meow!
Back to top Go down
Iron Maiden
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
Iron Maiden

Number of posts : 331

PostSubject: Re: Pontiac G8 GT on the way....   Pontiac G8 GT on the way.... Icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2008 6:12 am

I think Greg has one Matt, pretty fast ride
Back to top Go down
Matt_Sibley

PostSubject: Re: Pontiac G8 GT on the way....   Pontiac G8 GT on the way.... Icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2008 11:51 am

Greg has the GTO. It is a fast, 2 door that they discontinued. How have you been Kevon?
Back to top Go down
Iron Maiden
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
Iron Maiden

PostSubject: Re: Pontiac G8 GT on the way....   Pontiac G8 GT on the way.... Icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2008 6:07 am

Been good Matt, I have finally moved in the house. I am having a baby boy August 16, 2008. This will be my first child. Ihear things are starting to fall into place. what day is graduation?
Back to top Go down
Matt_Sibley

PostSubject: Re: Pontiac G8 GT on the way....   Pontiac G8 GT on the way.... Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2008 7:46 am

Congrats! I know you will be a great dad!!! Graduation is may 16th. I'm counting down the days. I think I've decided this is the car I want...going to test drive another one tomorrow to be sure. It'll be nice to have something new!!!
Back to top Go down
Matt_Sibley

PostSubject: Re: Pontiac G8 GT on the way....   Pontiac G8 GT on the way.... Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 8:09 pm

Ordered it today. 3-4 weeks before it'll be here. Black on black with the premium and sport packages as well as a sunroof! I can't wait for it to arrive!!!
Back to top Go down
Iron Maiden
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
Iron Maiden

PostSubject: Re: Pontiac G8 GT on the way....   Pontiac G8 GT on the way.... Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 8:39 pm

Sweet I know you will enjoy it. Sound?????
Back to top Go down
jkrob21
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
jkrob21

Number of posts : 1476

PostSubject: Re: Pontiac G8 GT on the way....   Pontiac G8 GT on the way.... Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 8:46 pm

Sweetness! Post up some pics when you get it bro.
Back to top Go down
Matt_Sibley

PostSubject: Re: Pontiac G8 GT on the way....   Pontiac G8 GT on the way.... Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 12:26 am

It wont be here for 3-4 weeks but I'll definitely put some pics up when it arrives! Sound will come pretty soon. It will get a nice clean SQ oriented install although it may not be competition worthy it'll be something that makes me happy that I can still bring to shows Smile
Back to top Go down
Rick Sellers
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
Rick Sellers

Number of posts : 169

PostSubject: Re: Pontiac G8 GT on the way....   Pontiac G8 GT on the way.... Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 1:46 am

Matt_Sibley wrote:
It wont be here for 3-4 weeks but I'll definitely put some pics up when it arrives! Sound will come pretty soon. It will get a nice clean SQ oriented install although it may not be competition worthy it'll be something that makes me happy that I can still bring to shows Smile

Well that is kinda cool... When do you start your new job / where will your new job be?

What will you be using in the new ride???
Back to top Go down
http://www.deepsouthnationals.com
Matt_Sibley

PostSubject: Re: Pontiac G8 GT on the way....   Pontiac G8 GT on the way.... Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 2:04 am

I'll be working with Air Liquide. They sent me a list of available rotations a couple days ago. I'm still not sure where I will start out but I've got options from coast to coast. The first two years is a rotational program designed to give us 5-7 years of experience all crammed in to two. I can't wait to start. I'm not sure exactly what equipment I'm going to use in the new car yet, I've got to get it here first and start measuring some things out.
Back to top Go down
jsketoe
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Pontiac G8 GT on the way....   Pontiac G8 GT on the way.... Icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2008 9:25 pm

Matt...this is what I did in my vette...nice for me to rock out too but still nice enough to show at local shows.
Back to top Go down
Matt_Sibley

PostSubject: Re: Pontiac G8 GT on the way....   Pontiac G8 GT on the way.... Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2008 10:34 pm

I got the car yesterday...now I just need to school to get finished so I can make a little money to start buying stuff for it! I'm leaning towards a stealth install so that the car remains completely functional. I dont want a lot of bass, but this factory system isn't cutting it lol. Its hard to ride around with that when you've had Focal and Kicker for years lol Smile
Back to top Go down
Iron Maiden
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
Iron Maiden

PostSubject: Re: Pontiac G8 GT on the way....   Pontiac G8 GT on the way.... Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2008 5:59 am

Good for you Matt, hope when I called the other day I didnt catch ya at a bad time. I know you are staying busy with school and all. Congrats to getting your ride. I am sure you and Bryce can get her sounding pretty nice.
Back to top Go down
Matt_Sibley

PostSubject: Re: Pontiac G8 GT on the way....   Pontiac G8 GT on the way.... Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2008 5:32 pm

Nah, its ok man, I tried calling you back that night and left a voice mail. Sorry I didnt get back to you sooner. I am trying to get brice to help me with the car but he doesn't have much time lol. He said he'll tell me what to do but I'm going to have to do it, I really wish I could just pay him to do the front stage and let me do the rest lol. I'll just have to take my time and be careful, I dont want to butcher my kicks or pillars. Right now I'm trying to figure out how safe a 3'' and tweet would be in the pillar with these side curtain air bags. I haven't had time to take them apart yet to look at how they work. Also the driver side kick houses the fuse panel and relays for the car so all that will have to be relocated to put a driver there. Gotta love it though haha.
Back to top Go down
Crush
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor

Number of posts : 167
Registration date : 2007-09-10

PostSubject: Re: Pontiac G8 GT on the way....   Pontiac G8 GT on the way.... Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2008 10:47 pm

yea good old gm
with they way they try to f us maybe we should start a boycote of their cars.
Back to top Go down
Matt_Sibley

PostSubject: Re: Pontiac G8 GT on the way....   Pontiac G8 GT on the way.... Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2008 11:55 pm

Eh I'd rather be assured that I'm safe in a crash than be assured I can fit a speaker in a particular location. I dont blame GM for the side curtain airbags. The fuse panel could have been placed somewhere else but for 99% of the people buying the car it isn't an issue and is nicely hidden away.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pontiac G8 GT on the way....   Pontiac G8 GT on the way.... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pontiac G8 GT on the way....
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Mobile Audio Competitors Organization :: GENERAL DISCUSSION :: SOUND QUALITY DISCUSSION :: SOUND QUALITY-
Jump to: