Mobile Audio Competitors Organization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LOUDEST SPORT ON EARTH!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Joint Finals a success. USACI numbers down due to very remote (from USACI) location but better than expected. Results posted on web site.
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» STETSOM 7KD
Need...well want to get my truck metered--New Orleans area Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2020 7:37 pm by big bass joel

» any blown stetsom 7kd or 2k6d amps for sale
Need...well want to get my truck metered--New Orleans area Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 7:32 pm by big bass joel

» We need the forums back
Need...well want to get my truck metered--New Orleans area Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 2:41 pm by svillarrial

» THIS OLD FORUM IS ALIVE!!!! 6/14/17
Need...well want to get my truck metered--New Orleans area Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 11:11 pm by 80INCHES

» It's back up !
Need...well want to get my truck metered--New Orleans area Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 7:03 pm by chrisfish

» 2 Atomic apocalypse 12s D4
Need...well want to get my truck metered--New Orleans area Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 12:53 am by supersquirt

» well hello
Need...well want to get my truck metered--New Orleans area Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 5:46 am by TAMU

» WELLLWELLL
Need...well want to get my truck metered--New Orleans area Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 4:24 pm by Nice

» SLAMBOREE AUG 1 & 2
Need...well want to get my truck metered--New Orleans area Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 12:14 pm by Pro_Mom

Top posters
sanman
Need...well want to get my truck metered--New Orleans area Vote_lcapNeed...well want to get my truck metered--New Orleans area Voting_barNeed...well want to get my truck metered--New Orleans area Vote_rcap 
The_Rowlands
Need...well want to get my truck metered--New Orleans area Vote_lcapNeed...well want to get my truck metered--New Orleans area Voting_barNeed...well want to get my truck metered--New Orleans area Vote_rcap 
chrisfish
Stingraysevenout
scionsoloxb
TECH114
Alan
supadave
Moparbass28
Navi
Statistics
We have 1855 registered users
The newest registered user is Farenheit

Our users have posted a total of 222582 messages in 12665 subjects
Keywords
disc quad crank chef Johncarr build Audiopipe pics world 80inches contest drive silence records louisiana globe dollar stereo state 2010 record songs kyle crzyblondgrl broken finals
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of United States Autosound Competition International on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Mobile Audio Competitors Organization on your social bookmarking website

Need...well want to get my truck metered--New Orleans area

Go down 
+10
Skip01
stevew007
towboatbobby
John Payton
TeamSpead-Kenny
Moparbass28
extreme kustomz
iowan
Talonesi
ARMed&Bangin
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ARMed&Bangin
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
ARMed&Bangin

Number of posts : 1010
Registration date : 2007-12-28

Need...well want to get my truck metered--New Orleans area Empty
PostSubject: Need...well want to get my truck metered--New Orleans area   Need...well want to get my truck metered--New Orleans area Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2008 12:18 pm

Does anyone know of someone in the vacinity of New Orleans who will meter my truck for SPLs? I've phoned several audio shops in the Houma area (very close to where I live) and no one's got a Termlab...or if they have one, they won't let me beat it up...even for a fee.

Thinking seriously about buying one of them Termlabs from Ralph (doubt he has any left) the next time he has a garage sale. Do any of you know how often you have to get em calibrated, and the cost associated with that? Lemme know, please.

This has been edited. In my original post, I've mistakenly called the measurement device a Termpro. Termpro is actually design software manufactured by the same people who make the Termlabs. Thanks for the clarification...ummm...dude who's rude...forgot your name now--imagine that.

Last edited by ARMed&Bangin on Tue Mar 25, 2008 2:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Talonesi
Above Average Contributor
Above Average Contributor
Talonesi

Number of posts : 933
Registration date : 2007-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Need...well want to get my truck metered--New Orleans area   Need...well want to get my truck metered--New Orleans area Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2008 12:34 pm

it's called a termlab. if i was a shop i probably wouldn't let you use mine either if you called me up asking if i had a termpro Laughing
Back to top Go down
iowan
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
iowan

Number of posts : 1018
Registration date : 2007-06-22

PostSubject: Re: Need...well want to get my truck metered--New Orleans area   Need...well want to get my truck metered--New Orleans area Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2008 12:52 pm

auto calibrated?? i think??? maybe????
Back to top Go down
ARMed&Bangin
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
ARMed&Bangin

PostSubject: Re: Need...well want to get my truck metered--New Orleans area   Need...well want to get my truck metered--New Orleans area Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2008 1:55 pm

Good job, Troy. Way to support a noob. It's people like you that keep this sport thriving--*note sarcasm.

AND..I didn't want to 'borrow' it or 'use' it....I simply wanted to pop in a CD, have them put it up on my dash, let me throw a few notes at it and get an idea of what I'm hitting with the new setup. Then in return, I'd give them XXX amount of cash. Simple transaction, right???

Last edited by ARMed&Bangin on Tue Mar 25, 2008 5:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
extreme kustomz
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
extreme kustomz

Number of posts : 100
Registration date : 2007-12-06

PostSubject: Re: Need...well want to get my truck metered--New Orleans area   Need...well want to get my truck metered--New Orleans area Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2008 2:42 pm

why dont you take it to a show and get it metered? even if you dont wanna comp go to the show do a fun run and see what its doing, look at other cars and see what scores they are posting up and give you ideas on what you need to improve on.
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/mitzutuner
ARMed&Bangin
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
ARMed&Bangin

PostSubject: Re: Need...well want to get my truck metered--New Orleans area   Need...well want to get my truck metered--New Orleans area Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2008 2:58 pm

Yea, I've been trying to do just that since December. lol I work offshore an am gone away from home more than half the time. The next show anywhere close to me is on
April 12, and I do plan on attending that one. I just know that there has to be somewhere where I can go inbetween shows to get it checked out. I don't want to have to wait a month or more to see what kind of numbers this new box makes, or this new amp, or ports up, ports back difference makes, blah blah blah.

Maybe I should make the following post....does anyone run two L7 15s in an Explorer or similar vehicle, with a measly 500 true watts going to each? If so, what numbers are you hitting? Even then it wouldn't be accurate to my truck. I know so many things can make a difference in a score. The slightest change will affect spls.

Ah well, thanks anyways.

Getting a fat paycheck Friday. I'm headed to talk to Ralph to see if he has any Termlabs left to sell.
Back to top Go down
Moparbass28
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Moparbass28

Number of posts : 3541
Registration date : 2007-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Need...well want to get my truck metered--New Orleans area   Need...well want to get my truck metered--New Orleans area Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2008 3:18 pm

I have around 50 watts to each of my L5 15's right now in a 96 Caravan. I would estimate around low to mid 30's right now with mine.LOL

Hope ya find a show close to ya or someone that has a termlab to test a little. I am in the same boat actually. Need to find a termalb and see where I am truely at with this little power.LOL
Back to top Go down
iowan
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
iowan

Number of posts : 1018

PostSubject: Re: Need...well want to get my truck metered--New Orleans area   Need...well want to get my truck metered--New Orleans area Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2008 3:24 pm

pictures mopar.... pictures
Back to top Go down
Moparbass28
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Moparbass28

Number of posts : 3541
Registration date : 2007-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Need...well want to get my truck metered--New Orleans area   Need...well want to get my truck metered--New Orleans area Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2008 3:55 pm

I will get a pic of the amp that is in there now later. LOL Here is the box my bro and I built over last weekend.

Need...well want to get my truck metered--New Orleans area Pic032208_13
Back to top Go down
TeamSpead-Kenny
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
TeamSpead-Kenny

Number of posts : 2194
Registration date : 2007-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Need...well want to get my truck metered--New Orleans area   Need...well want to get my truck metered--New Orleans area Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2008 4:29 pm

I have a Termlab but Skip01's has it right now im letting him use it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.Teamspead.net
John Payton
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
John Payton

Number of posts : 397
Registration date : 2007-06-25

PostSubject: Re: Need...well want to get my truck metered--New Orleans area   Need...well want to get my truck metered--New Orleans area Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2008 4:44 pm

i cant belive a shop with a termlab wouldnt let you meter on it i've done some fucked up shit to those sensors and never broke one, call em back and tell them you'll give em $20 to meter your truck on their termlab. do a sweep at first and make sure the termlab is on peak hold and see where your peaking and burp around that freq. and post what ya got
Back to top Go down
ARMed&Bangin
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
ARMed&Bangin

PostSubject: Re: Need...well want to get my truck metered--New Orleans area   Need...well want to get my truck metered--New Orleans area Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2008 5:11 pm

This was pretty much our conversation...

Tiger Audio Guy: Can I help ya?
Aaron: Yea, I was wondering if you have a SPL meter and if so, could you meter my truck for a small fee?
Tiger Audio Guy: What kind of power are we talking?
Aaron: 2 L7 15 solos with a lil Audiobahn 1500hct putting 500 to each.
Tiger Audio Guy: I do have one, but I'm not going to use it on an SPL application. I use it strictly for SQ. SPL beats it up and it's costly to get it calibrated.
Aaron: Really? Ummm...alright. Well, do you know anyone else who'd do it for me around here? I am willing to pay..just want to make sure that's understood.
Tiger Audio Guy: Yea, I hear ya, but calibration of the unit cost upwards of $2,000. I know you're not going to pay that. Try Diamond C Audio. I'm not sure if he has a meter anymore though.
Aaron: $2,000 to calibrate it??? Some guys from USACi (was thinking about Ralph) are selling the entire unit for $500. Perhaps you should look into buying a new one instead of spending $2,000 to get yours recalibrated.
Tiger Audio Guy: Yea, no ssshit. I'll have to look into that. (A.K.A. yea, you caught me in a lie, now leave my shop if you're not going to spend $1,400 on a Kicker 2500.1)

Ring......Ring.....Ring.....Diamond C Audio, Rick speaking,
Aaron: Yea, do you guys SPL people's trucks for a fee?
Rick: Do what?
Aaron: Do you have an SPL meter and if so, do ya'll meter people's systems? I'll reimburse you for your time. I'm kinda wanting to know what the new system's pushing.
Rick: Naw man. I don't have my meter anymore.
Aaron: Alright, know anyone else who could around here (Houma area)?
Rick: Naw man, sure don't. Did you try Tiger Audio?
Aaron: *chuckles* Yea, and they sent me to you.
Rick: Alright, sorry I can't help you bro. (A.K.A. I need to hang up with you. There's a long-haired hippie in my shop right now who's willing to drop $1,400 on a Kicker 2500.1)
Aaron: Alright, thanks.
Back to top Go down
towboatbobby
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

Number of posts : 1075
Registration date : 2007-06-27

PostSubject: Re: Need...well want to get my truck metered--New Orleans area   Need...well want to get my truck metered--New Orleans area Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2008 8:00 pm

Man if I was closer you could use mine,sorry dude,if you come to ms let me know.
Back to top Go down
extreme kustomz
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
extreme kustomz

Number of posts : 100
Registration date : 2007-12-06

PostSubject: Re: Need...well want to get my truck metered--New Orleans area   Need...well want to get my truck metered--New Orleans area Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2008 8:03 pm

wow those guys sound like idiots, huge idiots, $2000 to calibrate? when on termpro website you can buy the whole thing for what $700-$800???? and if that were true about spl beating them up how could compeitiors like scott owens hitting 180+db not break it????? uses it only for sq and no spl, sounds to me like a waste of money on their part for a shop to own a termlab and not even let you pay to get metered, more people want to know how loud they are, no how their sq is, imo.
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/mitzutuner
ARMed&Bangin
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
ARMed&Bangin

PostSubject: Re: Need...well want to get my truck metered--New Orleans area   Need...well want to get my truck metered--New Orleans area Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2008 8:23 pm

well man...how I see it, I interrupted their afternoon activities. It was the shop owner (appeared and acted like he owned the place) and a couple of his friends. They had a "living room" set up with a home theater in it and were jammin out in there when I walked in. I ruined their fun bro. That's how I see it. He had to turn the volume down and come over to me to entertain my questions. I dunno. The dude was totally full of shhit. It was obvious then AND now. I now know where NOT to go for some help. And to pass the word along, it's Tiger Audio in Houma Louisiana.

Oh wait, I know why he didn't help me out...I called it a Termpro and not a Termlab-------right Troy? lol! B/C if Troy was a shop (whatever that means) he probably wouldn't......

whatever. Yea, I despise ridicule.
Back to top Go down
TeamSpead-Kenny
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
TeamSpead-Kenny

PostSubject: Re: Need...well want to get my truck metered--New Orleans area   Need...well want to get my truck metered--New Orleans area Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2008 8:28 pm

TeamSpead-Kenny wrote:
I have a Termlab but Skip01's has it right now im letting him use it.
Back to top Go down
stevew007
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor

Number of posts : 407

PostSubject: Re: Need...well want to get my truck metered--New Orleans area   Need...well want to get my truck metered--New Orleans area Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2008 8:32 pm

louisianacrx might be around you and try over on the
D B D R A G forum
Back to top Go down
ARMed&Bangin
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
ARMed&Bangin

PostSubject: Re: Need...well want to get my truck metered--New Orleans area   Need...well want to get my truck metered--New Orleans area Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2008 8:33 pm

Well, Kenny, when Skip's done with it, can I donate a few bucks to your cause and settle my curiousity? Or...perhaps on an afternoon that he's not doing anything with it....like between testing...can I pull up and see what the deal is? I won't waste but 10 minutes of ya'll time. I'm not as big of an azzhole as I portray myself as being. What a Face

I'll be getting in from offshore Thursday and my schedule's pretty much open after that....well aside from Saturday afternoon into Sunday night...going fishing at the camp. But seriously...any afternoon, if ya'll have regular Joe jobs and stuff. Just let me know sumtin.
Back to top Go down
TeamSpead-Kenny
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
TeamSpead-Kenny

PostSubject: Re: Need...well want to get my truck metered--New Orleans area   Need...well want to get my truck metered--New Orleans area Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2008 8:36 pm

PM Skip01 and ask him tell him I dont have a problem with it I know he is going to be doing some testing soon because he
"Plans on Raping SB3!" with his new set up or whenever I get it back from him Ill pm you and set up something with you.
Back to top Go down
ARMed&Bangin
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
ARMed&Bangin

PostSubject: Re: Need...well want to get my truck metered--New Orleans area   Need...well want to get my truck metered--New Orleans area Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2008 8:37 pm

straight straight. I'll get right on that. PMing as you read this. Thanks man. I might be his competition in SB3. He may not let me test. lol
Back to top Go down
TeamSpead-Kenny
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
TeamSpead-Kenny

PostSubject: Re: Need...well want to get my truck metered--New Orleans area   Need...well want to get my truck metered--New Orleans area Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2008 8:45 pm

He has a explorer a new model then yours if you meet up with him he can show you how loud those explorers can get!
Back to top Go down
ARMed&Bangin
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
ARMed&Bangin

PostSubject: Re: Need...well want to get my truck metered--New Orleans area   Need...well want to get my truck metered--New Orleans area Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2008 8:49 pm

I'm all about learning a lil sumtin. What's he got in the back? Just sent him a PM with my request and my contact numbers, both here on the platform and my cell.

By the way, I have a Mountaineer--an Explorer on a high. lol!
Back to top Go down
TeamSpead-Kenny
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
TeamSpead-Kenny

PostSubject: Re: Need...well want to get my truck metered--New Orleans area   Need...well want to get my truck metered--New Orleans area Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2008 8:50 pm

Well he has 4 Audioque 12s and 2 American Bass 500.1s dont know if its in yet.
Back to top Go down
ARMed&Bangin
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
ARMed&Bangin

PostSubject: Re: Need...well want to get my truck metered--New Orleans area   Need...well want to get my truck metered--New Orleans area Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2008 8:55 pm

Yea, he's probably got me. I need some upgrading...I know..I know. I'll be with the big boys soon. Still in the learning mode. Need to make it to some shows to see what's going on. Gotta wait another 2.5 weeks for the next one--sux.
Back to top Go down
John Payton
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
John Payton

Number of posts : 397

PostSubject: Re: Need...well want to get my truck metered--New Orleans area   Need...well want to get my truck metered--New Orleans area Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2008 9:44 pm

extreme kustomz wrote:
wow those guys sound like idiots, huge idiots, $2000 to calibrate? when on termpro website you can buy the whole thing for what $700-$800???? and if that were true about spl beating them up how could compeitiors like scott owens hitting 180+db not break it????? uses it only for sq and no spl, sounds to me like a waste of money on their part for a shop to own a termlab and not even let you pay to get metered, more people want to know how loud they are, no how their sq is, imo.

sounds like they had an audio control unit, better off waiting to play around on a termlab
Back to top Go down
Skip01
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Skip01

Number of posts : 2099
Registration date : 2007-07-02

PostSubject: Re: Need...well want to get my truck metered--New Orleans area   Need...well want to get my truck metered--New Orleans area Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 12:02 am

BLAH BLAH Kenny

And i got the 12s in today....but still only one amp and only 1ohm

But i pmed him back and we supposed to meet up Friday to meter his
Back to top Go down
ARMed&Bangin
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
ARMed&Bangin

PostSubject: Re: Need...well want to get my truck metered--New Orleans area   Need...well want to get my truck metered--New Orleans area Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 7:48 am

weeee

thanks again, guys.
Back to top Go down
2003f150
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
2003f150

Number of posts : 2610
Registration date : 2007-09-12

PostSubject: Re: Need...well want to get my truck metered--New Orleans area   Need...well want to get my truck metered--New Orleans area Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 12:11 pm

SO skip whats it meter??
Back to top Go down
Navi
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Navi

Number of posts : 3105

PostSubject: Re: Need...well want to get my truck metered--New Orleans area   Need...well want to get my truck metered--New Orleans area Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 12:51 pm

Theres only one thing this thread needs...................

I farted.
Back to top Go down
2003f150
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
2003f150

Number of posts : 2610
Registration date : 2007-09-12

PostSubject: Re: Need...well want to get my truck metered--New Orleans area   Need...well want to get my truck metered--New Orleans area Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 5:14 pm

Haha good one
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need...well want to get my truck metered--New Orleans area   Need...well want to get my truck metered--New Orleans area Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Need...well want to get my truck metered--New Orleans area
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Mobile Audio Competitors Organization :: GENERAL DISCUSSION :: General Discussion :: GENERAL SOUND COMPETITION DISCUSSION-
Jump to: