Mobile Audio Competitors Organization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LOUDEST SPORT ON EARTH!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Joint Finals a success. USACI numbers down due to very remote (from USACI) location but better than expected. Results posted on web site.
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» STETSOM 7KD
pound for pound. Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2020 7:37 pm by big bass joel

» any blown stetsom 7kd or 2k6d amps for sale
pound for pound. Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 7:32 pm by big bass joel

» We need the forums back
pound for pound. Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 2:41 pm by svillarrial

» THIS OLD FORUM IS ALIVE!!!! 6/14/17
pound for pound. Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 11:11 pm by 80INCHES

» It's back up !
pound for pound. Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 7:03 pm by chrisfish

» 2 Atomic apocalypse 12s D4
pound for pound. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 12:53 am by supersquirt

» well hello
pound for pound. Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 5:46 am by TAMU

» WELLLWELLL
pound for pound. Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 4:24 pm by Nice

» SLAMBOREE AUG 1 & 2
pound for pound. Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 12:14 pm by Pro_Mom

Top posters
sanman
pound for pound. Vote_lcappound for pound. Voting_barpound for pound. Vote_rcap 
The_Rowlands
chrisfish
Stingraysevenout
scionsoloxb
TECH114
Alan
supadave
Moparbass28
Navi
Statistics
We have 1855 registered users
The newest registered user is Farenheit

Our users have posted a total of 222582 messages in 12665 subjects
Keywords
globe kyle drive disc songs world crank pics Audiopipe contest build Johncarr 80inches records silence louisiana dollar chef state finals broken 2010 quad record crzyblondgrl stereo
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of United States Autosound Competition International on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Mobile Audio Competitors Organization on your social bookmarking website

pound for pound.

Go down 
+12
mcbuggin
TECH114
Lilredtiva
RXZILLA
quad box
Greg McCool
aphinney
bigbass140
Alan
sanman
Talonesi
dbracer79
16 posters
AuthorMessage
dbracer79
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
dbracer79

Number of posts : 1086
Registration date : 2007-06-28

pound for pound. Empty
PostSubject: pound for pound.   pound for pound. Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2008 4:01 pm

Before I add any weight, do any of U noble rex owners have any suggestions on how to raise up the back of the crx?
Back to top Go down
Talonesi
Above Average Contributor
Talonesi

Number of posts : 933
Registration date : 2007-06-26

pound for pound. Empty
PostSubject: Re: pound for pound.   pound for pound. Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2008 4:05 pm

spring spacers if you can find them but the ride is probably gonna be a little rough
Back to top Go down
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

Number of posts : 12087
Registration date : 2007-06-23

pound for pound. Empty
PostSubject: Re: pound for pound.   pound for pound. Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2008 5:56 pm

SPRUNG SPACERS FROM ME AS WELL AND CORRECT IF YOU CAN FIND THEM SMALL ENOUGH FOR THEM TEENY SPRINGS LOL I COULDNT LOCALLY ANYWAYS
Back to top Go down

pound for pound. Empty
PostSubject: Re: pound for pound.   pound for pound. Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2008 6:01 pm

Let that biach sag.....
Back to top Go down
Alan
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Alan

Number of posts : 3897
Registration date : 2008-02-05

pound for pound. Empty
PostSubject: Re: pound for pound.   pound for pound. Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2008 6:35 pm

im gonna guess those cars have the same size coils all the way around...ever think of hitting the salvage yard for a set of front springs to throw in the rear?
Back to top Go down
dbracer79
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
dbracer79

pound for pound. Empty
PostSubject: Re: pound for pound.   pound for pound. Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2008 7:56 pm

I do have the metal spacers but I'm afraid they'll fall out.
I was also looking into adjustable coilovers.
Back to top Go down
bigbass140
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
bigbass140

Number of posts : 176
Registration date : 2007-10-07

pound for pound. Empty
PostSubject: Re: pound for pound.   pound for pound. Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2008 7:57 pm

a manuel air bag setup. i priced it out for about 700 bucks, but probally get it cheaper than that.
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewProfile
aphinney
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
aphinney

Number of posts : 1305

pound for pound. Empty
PostSubject: Re: pound for pound.   pound for pound. Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2008 8:18 pm

bag set up for a rex is way more than 700 bones....think it is 300 for the front and 350 for the rear, lines, 6-8 or 12 valves at 35 dollars per. then your tank at 100 dollars at the cheapest smallest. and 150 dollars for a cheap compressor that wont work for crap. i have a friend that does it and i am bagging my rex and it is way more than 700 and i get 40 percent off everything i want....and line is about 100 dollars for steel lines and u need a switch box also...but that is what i am doin to help with the bags so if u need info go to suicidedoors.com and look up crx and it will have everything for ya...not too hard to do wither with airover shocks.
Back to top Go down
Greg McCool
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Greg McCool

Number of posts : 1960
Registration date : 2007-09-05

pound for pound. Empty
PostSubject: Re: pound for pound.   pound for pound. Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2008 8:27 pm

bruce-bruce wrote:
Let that biach sag.....

X2
Back to top Go down
quad box
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
quad box

Number of posts : 1711
Registration date : 2007-06-22

pound for pound. Empty
PostSubject: Re: pound for pound.   pound for pound. Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2008 8:37 pm

air shocks or build with Quadwood Very Happy
Back to top Go down
bigbass140
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
bigbass140

Number of posts : 176
Registration date : 2007-10-07

pound for pound. Empty
PostSubject: Re: pound for pound.   pound for pound. Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2008 8:37 pm

aphinney wrote:
bag set up for a rex is way more than 700 bones....think it is 300 for the front and 350 for the rear, lines, 6-8 or 12 valves at 35 dollars per. then your tank at 100 dollars at the cheapest smallest. and 150 dollars for a cheap compressor that wont work for crap. i have a friend that does it and i am bagging my rex and it is way more than 700 and i get 40 percent off everything i want....and line is about 100 dollars for steel lines and u need a switch box also...but that is what i am doin to help with the bags so if u need info go to suicidedoors.com and look up crx and it will have everything for ya...not too hard to do wither with airover shocks.

you don't need all of that. you can do schrader valves and maunel air, so all you need is the mounts bags lines and fittings. a company called avs out of cali quoted me that price about a month ago.
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewProfile
RXZILLA
RXZILLA

Number of posts : 902

pound for pound. Empty
PostSubject: Re: pound for pound.   pound for pound. Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2008 8:47 pm

I have missed the whole thing.... what is quad wood?
Back to top Go down
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

Number of posts : 12087

pound for pound. Empty
PostSubject: Re: pound for pound.   pound for pound. Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2008 9:11 pm

thats what quad gets when he watches the animal channel lol sicko
Back to top Go down

pound for pound. Empty
PostSubject: Re: pound for pound.   pound for pound. Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2008 11:05 pm

i have coilovers on mine, it is level, i can raise it up about 3 inches more in the back, or lower it down all the way. i've heard some people say they don't like how coilovers ride, i think it rides good and handles good as well, in fact i had one person comment on how they thought it road better than a stock suspension rex. of course without the weight in the back from the stereo it is a bit bouncy

it is about 1.5 inches lower all around in this pic

pound for pound. IMG_0092
Back to top Go down

pound for pound. Empty
PostSubject: Re: pound for pound.   pound for pound. Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2008 11:07 pm

pound for pound. IMG_0229
Back to top Go down
dbracer79
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
dbracer79

pound for pound. Empty
PostSubject: Re: pound for pound.   pound for pound. Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2008 11:24 pm

Ok, thanks for the input so far guys. I'm leaning towards adjustable coilovers just in case I have to raise it up.

I have doubts about quadwoods.

About letting that biatch sac in NY is not a good idea especially with potholes that develop in the spring because of wintersalt on the streets.

Where am I going to put a big azz air tank in my car?
Back to top Go down

pound for pound. Empty
PostSubject: Re: pound for pound.   pound for pound. Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2008 11:57 pm

Twisted Evil If you have the spacers and are worried they will fall out I'd say weld them in place-if you need to go back to stock I'm sure a couple smacks with a small sledge will break them free. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Lilredtiva
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
Lilredtiva

Number of posts : 443
Registration date : 2007-06-24

pound for pound. Empty
PostSubject: Re: pound for pound.   pound for pound. Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2008 2:05 am

bigbass140 wrote:
aphinney wrote:

you don't need all of that. you can do schrader valves and maunel air, so all you need is the mounts bags lines and fittings. a company called avs out of cali quoted me that price about a month ago.

That is what we did... it works fine
Back to top Go down
TECH114
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
TECH114

Number of posts : 4748

pound for pound. Empty
PostSubject: Re: pound for pound.   pound for pound. Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2008 4:07 am

If u go with coil over, makes sure it's the good one. Don't get the cheap garbage one that is on ebay.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/infinitisound
Greg McCool
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Greg McCool

Number of posts : 1960
Registration date : 2007-09-05

pound for pound. Empty
PostSubject: Re: pound for pound.   pound for pound. Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2008 7:22 am

sanman wrote:
thats what quad gets when he watches the animal channel lol sicko

ROFLMAO!
Back to top Go down
mcbuggin
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor

Number of posts : 113
Registration date : 2008-01-25

pound for pound. Empty
PostSubject: Re: pound for pound.   pound for pound. Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2008 8:03 am

just a thought but I have a bug and found some universal ajustable air shocks for $70 and it fixed my prob.
Back to top Go down
scionsoloxb
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
scionsoloxb

Number of posts : 4832

pound for pound. Empty
PostSubject: Re: pound for pound.   pound for pound. Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2008 8:22 am

ebay coilovers work fine with mine.
Back to top Go down
stevew007
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor

Number of posts : 407

pound for pound. Empty
PostSubject: Re: pound for pound.   pound for pound. Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2008 10:27 am

scionsoloxb wrote:
ebay coilovers work fine with mine.

I bought some new spring's from napa for the back and it sat level after putting in 4 12's 2 100lb batts a 2 30+ pound amp's in there.but they did'nt sell anything for the front so i bought e-gay coil over's and fixed the front and back but with all the equipment out of the car it rode like ass
Back to top Go down
dbracer79
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
dbracer79

pound for pound. Empty
PostSubject: Re: pound for pound.   pound for pound. Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2008 10:43 am

No wonder,u wrote E-gay.

How about the Eibach coilovers?any good?
Back to top Go down
John Payton
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
John Payton

Number of posts : 397
Registration date : 2007-06-25

pound for pound. Empty
PostSubject: Re: pound for pound.   pound for pound. Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2008 11:39 am

eibach, skunk 2 dropzone make good collarovers make sure you buy good struts with to use with them actual coilovers cost around $900 - $1500 depending on where you get them they are the actual strut with the threaded body for the adjustable spring perch and most have adjustable dampning. Steve Meade did give me this idea a couple years ago. run a pair of air cilynders in that back wich is like an air bag but shaped like a strut and replaces the struts and plumb them to a valve most likely a schader and fill them up with the tire chuck on your air compressor
when i had looked into going that route it was only a couple hundred bucks
Back to top Go down
snoopdan
snoopdan

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2008-03-21

pound for pound. Empty
PostSubject: Re: pound for pound.   pound for pound. Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2008 12:42 pm

id put air struts back there if it were me. Ive put air ride on honda's before and they rode like a caddilac afterwards. People will always tell you that you cant do this or do that with your ride.

Hell, people told me I couldnt bag my 4x4 jeep. Its bagged.
Back to top Go down

pound for pound. Empty
PostSubject: Re: pound for pound.   pound for pound. Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2008 3:23 pm

i got mine on ebay, but i didnt get the cheap ones, i got skunk2's and i think the shocks are adjustable koni's or something like that
Back to top Go down
TECH114
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
TECH114

Number of posts : 4748

pound for pound. Empty
PostSubject: Re: pound for pound.   pound for pound. Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2008 3:47 pm

kickercrx wrote:
i got mine on ebay, but i didnt get the cheap ones, i got skunk2's and i think the shocks are adjustable koni's or something like that

Like I said. Good ones like the Skunk2
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/infinitisound
Sponsored content

pound for pound. Empty
PostSubject: Re: pound for pound.   pound for pound. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

pound for pound.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Mobile Audio Competitors Organization :: GENERAL DISCUSSION :: General Discussion :: GENERAL SOUND COMPETITION DISCUSSION-
Jump to: