Mobile Audio Competitors Organization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LOUDEST SPORT ON EARTH!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Joint Finals a success. USACI numbers down due to very remote (from USACI) location but better than expected. Results posted on web site.
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» STETSOM 7KD
drivers hugging the dash? gain or loss Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2020 7:37 pm by big bass joel

» any blown stetsom 7kd or 2k6d amps for sale
drivers hugging the dash? gain or loss Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 7:32 pm by big bass joel

» We need the forums back
drivers hugging the dash? gain or loss Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 2:41 pm by svillarrial

» THIS OLD FORUM IS ALIVE!!!! 6/14/17
drivers hugging the dash? gain or loss Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 11:11 pm by 80INCHES

» It's back up !
drivers hugging the dash? gain or loss Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 7:03 pm by chrisfish

» 2 Atomic apocalypse 12s D4
drivers hugging the dash? gain or loss Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 12:53 am by supersquirt

» well hello
drivers hugging the dash? gain or loss Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 5:46 am by TAMU

» WELLLWELLL
drivers hugging the dash? gain or loss Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 4:24 pm by Nice

» SLAMBOREE AUG 1 & 2
drivers hugging the dash? gain or loss Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 12:14 pm by Pro_Mom

Top posters
sanman
drivers hugging the dash? gain or loss Vote_lcapdrivers hugging the dash? gain or loss Voting_bardrivers hugging the dash? gain or loss Vote_rcap 
The_Rowlands
drivers hugging the dash? gain or loss Vote_lcapdrivers hugging the dash? gain or loss Voting_bardrivers hugging the dash? gain or loss Vote_rcap 
chrisfish
Stingraysevenout
scionsoloxb
TECH114
Alan
supadave
Moparbass28
Navi
Statistics
We have 1855 registered users
The newest registered user is Farenheit

Our users have posted a total of 222582 messages in 12665 subjects
Keywords
Johncarr kyle crzyblondgrl build chef Audiopipe quad finals record 80inches 2010 louisiana silence crank contest drive world stereo disc pics songs records broken dollar globe state
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of United States Autosound Competition International on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Mobile Audio Competitors Organization on your social bookmarking website

drivers hugging the dash? gain or loss

Go down 
+8
Moparbass28
TECH114
dbracer79
DMAN
Bailey
mschwitz
kasey
flatline
12 posters
AuthorMessage
flatline
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
flatline

Number of posts : 121
Registration date : 2007-07-06

drivers hugging the dash? gain or loss Empty
PostSubject: drivers hugging the dash? gain or loss   drivers hugging the dash? gain or loss Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2007 3:56 pm

yesterday I was in lincoln and we ran just for fun and I decided to hug the drivers side of the dash. It gained me 3 tenths has anyone else heard of doing this?
Back to top Go down
flatline
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
flatline

PostSubject: Re: drivers hugging the dash? gain or loss   drivers hugging the dash? gain or loss Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2007 4:56 pm

Someone needs to post something so I can learn...
Back to top Go down
kasey
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
kasey

Number of posts : 1146
Registration date : 2007-06-22

PostSubject: Re: drivers hugging the dash? gain or loss   drivers hugging the dash? gain or loss Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2007 5:05 pm

yea i need 3 dbs somewhere in my car.
Back to top Go down
flatline
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
flatline

PostSubject: Re: drivers hugging the dash? gain or loss   drivers hugging the dash? gain or loss Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2007 5:06 pm

Duct tape, Hug the dash, pray to god he he he help me what car do you own.
Back to top Go down
mschwitz
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
mschwitz

Number of posts : 1125
Registration date : 2007-06-26

PostSubject: Re: drivers hugging the dash? gain or loss   drivers hugging the dash? gain or loss Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2007 5:27 pm

Quote :
Someone needs to post something so I can learn...

Okay, here you go....Test, test, test, build a different box, test, test, test, dynamat, test, test, test, take dynamat out, test, test, test, add batteries, test, test, test, build another box, test, test, test,test!!!! If you need anymore tips let me know. Oh, crap I almost forgot to say test!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
flatline
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
flatline

PostSubject: Re: drivers hugging the dash? gain or loss   drivers hugging the dash? gain or loss Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2007 5:30 pm

I like your method of madness
Back to top Go down
kasey
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
kasey

Number of posts : 1146
Registration date : 2007-06-22

PostSubject: Re: drivers hugging the dash? gain or loss   drivers hugging the dash? gain or loss Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2007 5:40 pm

what do i do i think it might be TEST!lol
Back to top Go down
flatline
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
flatline

PostSubject: Re: drivers hugging the dash? gain or loss   drivers hugging the dash? gain or loss Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2007 5:45 pm

It got me a win and 3 tenths looks real funny though 2 dudes hugging a dash.
Back to top Go down
Bailey
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
Bailey

Number of posts : 123
Registration date : 2007-06-24

PostSubject: Re: drivers hugging the dash? gain or loss   drivers hugging the dash? gain or loss Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2007 7:09 pm

Different positions of bodies and the mic can gain huge amounts. I have a Honda Civic EX... 153.3db. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/thebestmeghan
flatline
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
flatline

PostSubject: Re: drivers hugging the dash? gain or loss   drivers hugging the dash? gain or loss Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2007 8:12 pm

sweet I hope everyone listens to this post here to help!
Back to top Go down
DMAN
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
DMAN

Number of posts : 2007
Registration date : 2007-06-23

PostSubject: Re: drivers hugging the dash? gain or loss   drivers hugging the dash? gain or loss Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2007 9:45 pm

flatline wrote:
sweet I hope everyone listens to this post here to help!

You can get gains from hugging the dash it vary's from car to car, the bigger the person doing so doesnt always work either, some gain with the glove box open, different strokes for differnt fokes. Test, test, test. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/darrenlaffan
dbracer79
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
dbracer79

Number of posts : 1086
Registration date : 2007-06-28

PostSubject: Re: drivers hugging the dash? gain or loss   drivers hugging the dash? gain or loss Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2007 11:10 pm

Try using a thick winter blanket for blocking the air for going to the back of your car. It worked for me.
Back to top Go down
TECH114
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
TECH114

Number of posts : 4748

PostSubject: Re: drivers hugging the dash? gain or loss   drivers hugging the dash? gain or loss Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2007 12:36 am

dbracer79 wrote:
Try using a thick winter blanket for blocking the air for going to the back of your car. It worked for me.
where did u put the blanket?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/infinitisound
TECH114
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
TECH114

Number of posts : 4748

PostSubject: Re: drivers hugging the dash? gain or loss   drivers hugging the dash? gain or loss Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2007 12:38 am

In the gmc, open the glove work for me. In the astro, leaning on the dash.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/infinitisound
Moparbass28
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Moparbass28

Number of posts : 3541

PostSubject: Re: drivers hugging the dash? gain or loss   drivers hugging the dash? gain or loss Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2007 1:50 am

I haven't tried much as of yet, but did find out that sun visors down helped and front seats against the back seat backrest helps. Also leaning them forward a little works and a good mic monkey that crawls in the floor board also helps alot. Wink
Back to top Go down
modxterra
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
modxterra

Number of posts : 253
Registration date : 2007-07-27

PostSubject: Re: drivers hugging the dash? gain or loss   drivers hugging the dash? gain or loss Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2007 12:00 am

glove box helped and seats forward i got to try that hugging dash next
Back to top Go down
HellRzR
Above Average Contributor
HellRzR

Number of posts : 800
Registration date : 2007-06-30

PostSubject: Re: drivers hugging the dash? gain or loss   drivers hugging the dash? gain or loss Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2007 12:40 am

i gained with 1 person versus 2 ppl in the car
Back to top Go down
Crash
Crash

Number of posts : 782

PostSubject: Re: drivers hugging the dash? gain or loss   drivers hugging the dash? gain or loss Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2007 12:48 am

HellRzR wrote:
i gained with 1 person versus 2 ppl in the car

With me it depends on the person. I gain with my little brother brubing it and this might be because he can hug the dash better.
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/christopherjeffery
slumpinhonda
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
slumpinhonda

Number of posts : 2938

PostSubject: Re: drivers hugging the dash? gain or loss   drivers hugging the dash? gain or loss Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2007 12:58 am

me too depends on the person and how the person holds the mic in there once in awhile i can gain almost as much as our big guy by holding it good but hes at the least .3 0r .4 louder usually 1.5 db louder
Back to top Go down
modxterra
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
modxterra

Number of posts : 253
Registration date : 2007-07-27

PostSubject: Re: drivers hugging the dash? gain or loss   drivers hugging the dash? gain or loss Icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2007 7:49 pm

just tested it lowered my score with someone huggin the dash
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: drivers hugging the dash? gain or loss   drivers hugging the dash? gain or loss Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

drivers hugging the dash? gain or loss
Page 1 of 1