Mobile Audio Competitors Organization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LOUDEST SPORT ON EARTH!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Joint Finals a success. USACI numbers down due to very remote (from USACI) location but better than expected. Results posted on web site.
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» STETSOM 7KD
Heres what i think is funny Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2020 7:37 pm by big bass joel

» any blown stetsom 7kd or 2k6d amps for sale
Heres what i think is funny Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 7:32 pm by big bass joel

» We need the forums back
Heres what i think is funny Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 2:41 pm by svillarrial

» THIS OLD FORUM IS ALIVE!!!! 6/14/17
Heres what i think is funny Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 11:11 pm by 80INCHES

» It's back up !
Heres what i think is funny Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 7:03 pm by chrisfish

» 2 Atomic apocalypse 12s D4
Heres what i think is funny Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 12:53 am by supersquirt

» well hello
Heres what i think is funny Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 5:46 am by TAMU

» WELLLWELLL
Heres what i think is funny Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 4:24 pm by Nice

» SLAMBOREE AUG 1 & 2
Heres what i think is funny Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 12:14 pm by Pro_Mom

Top posters
sanman
Heres what i think is funny Vote_lcapHeres what i think is funny Voting_barHeres what i think is funny Vote_rcap 
The_Rowlands
Heres what i think is funny Vote_lcapHeres what i think is funny Voting_barHeres what i think is funny Vote_rcap 
chrisfish
Stingraysevenout
scionsoloxb
TECH114
Alan
supadave
Moparbass28
Navi
Statistics
We have 1855 registered users
The newest registered user is Farenheit

Our users have posted a total of 222582 messages in 12665 subjects
Keywords
songs build chef record quad kyle disc contest crank Johncarr pics stereo 80inches broken world 2010 globe crzyblondgrl finals silence state records Audiopipe drive dollar louisiana
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of United States Autosound Competition International on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Mobile Audio Competitors Organization on your social bookmarking website

Heres what i think is funny

Go down 
+8
ibbangin
Matt_Sibley
AudioAnonymous
Twisted Image
dbracer79
Navi
mschwitz
zacdavis
12 posters
AuthorMessage
zacdavis
Above Average Contributor
zacdavis

Number of posts : 917
Registration date : 2007-06-28

Heres what i think is funny Empty
PostSubject: Heres what i think is funny   Heres what i think is funny Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2008 3:45 pm

So many sponsored vehicles that win and they don't even have that brands equipment running in the car.
I'm sick of all these other companies taking credit where it ISNT due.

From a competitors standpoint I understand though, you've gotta promote the brand that sponsors ya and at the same time you have to win so yeah ya may need ta swap out that brand with another to win, then swap it back in for the spectators and pics haha.

This has been happened sooooooo many times with DD, but they're somewhat at fault for this. We can't blame competitors on this because if they sponsored us the way other companies do then they would be getting the credit. I know I know theres plenty of cars out there advertising DD and on team DD and all but I'm just sayin I know of at least 8 cars in the last 2 years that were sponsored by other companies and they were actually running DD amps and/or subs because it was louder, but led people to beleive it was the other brand. Oh well, I guess you take it where you can get it.

just an early mornin rant....(in know, its 1:30pm but i had a late night so shuddup:P )

This post is pretty much a hint to manufacturers, i'm not tryin to start stuff between us comptetitors, its the manufacturers that put us in these situations. We're the ones out here spending thousands of our own dollars to promote your products and it gets expensive and so hey, if a company comes along and says we'll sponsor ya, hey, regardless of what we'll be using to win we'll promote your company.

So manufacturers, this is to you, next time you wanna complain about people using your stuff and you not getting credit for it, well, to bad, guess you shoulda "helped out"

In fact, i think ALL competitors who win world titles and records should stop tellin anybody whats in their cars unless/until that brand is willing to pay for the release of that info. The promotional value of world titles and records should be recognized by us. We're just giving them free advertising.
I love seeing these new guys coming in and supporting us, Cactus, RD Audio, T3, ect, very cool guys. THis is the way it should be.
Ok, i dont feel like proffreadin this stupid rant an little of it probabl makes sense considering i usually find about ten screw ups per post if i dont proofread haha but my son is tellin me its time to go eat L8r nerds, i'm out:D
Back to top Go down
mschwitz
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
mschwitz

Number of posts : 1125
Registration date : 2007-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Heres what i think is funny   Heres what i think is funny Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2008 3:53 pm

Interesting post, Zac. I gotta talk to you about a few things. We need to get together soon. Give me a call when you have some free time. I know with Noah, and the shop life gets hectic.
Back to top Go down
Navi
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Navi

Number of posts : 3105
Registration date : 2007-06-25

PostSubject: Re: Heres what i think is funny   Heres what i think is funny Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2008 4:14 pm

To me its an integrity issue, if a company sponsors me and I cant win with that I suck it up and lose. There is no sense misleading or for that matter downright lying to a person and making them believe you are gonna run their product if you arent 100% sure thats what you intend to do, if you cant win with that product dont try and get the sponsorship.

I made this mistake before db drag finals in 04, swapped the week before to what I thought was a better choice from a company that gave me a full ride. I got my taste of karma that year and learned a valuable lesson.

This also has alot to do with why there are less sponsorships now, manufactures know this happens are less interested in handing out gear just for it to be thrown aside for whatever comes along the way the following month.
Back to top Go down
zacdavis
zacdavis

PostSubject: Re: Heres what i think is funny   Heres what i think is funny Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2008 4:30 pm

Scott, I agree 100%.
If a company gives a competitor a full ride then they should always run that equipment.
Back to top Go down
dbracer79
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
dbracer79

Number of posts : 1086

PostSubject: Re: Heres what i think is funny   Heres what i think is funny Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2008 4:47 pm

If a company would ever sponsor me, I would give it 110%.
Meaning every show and the finals. If it's a company like Memphis, kicker, cactus,RD, isn't it up to the competitor to make it the best out of their products. That's where a competitor is a real competitor. I believe it's your side of the bargain to do your research on how that particular brand works and to make it loud.
U don't expect the manufacturer to spoonfeed u everything. U just need enough support to keep that brand going. If for example Kumar let me rock solo x's for the season and I on my behalf build to produce the numbers that I need to win, don't u think that people will see that at shows and want to same woofers or amps that a winner has? It's a 2 way street for both the competitor and the manufacturer.
Back to top Go down
Twisted Image
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Twisted Image

Number of posts : 1111
Registration date : 2007-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Heres what i think is funny   Heres what i think is funny Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2008 7:17 pm

I tried to get ahead by using all kicker product, with the exception of the head unit. Everything was there and visible for all competitors to see as well. Both years 06-07 it was nothing but L7's and Zx1500's

Almost switched but stuck to what was tired and true.

I guess in the long run it dosent matter though, If your in this for the money/Sponserships/Fame/Anything but a hobby.....your in it for the wrong reason!

This year I will have whatever in it that sounds good on the street, I can remover easily, and still gives me room in my little car.
Back to top Go down
AudioAnonymous
AudioAnonymous

Number of posts : 736
Registration date : 2007-06-22

PostSubject: Re: Heres what i think is funny   Heres what i think is funny Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2008 9:11 pm

No swapping done here, just a happy competitor. Smile
Back to top Go down
Matt_Sibley

Number of posts : 957

PostSubject: Re: Heres what i think is funny   Heres what i think is funny Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2008 9:38 pm

I agree with Jeff on the fact that if you're in this for any reason other than having a good hobby and meeting some great friends, you're in it for the wrong reason. I dont foresee any manufacturer paying to use our names etc when we set records with their equipment. Logistically, this is not Nascar, the NBA, or the NFL and it will never be.

As far as getting equipment from someone then swapping to win...I must agree with Scott on this one. If they take care of you, you do what you can to win with it, and if you can't you lose with it. Switching equipment and running something other than your sponsors equipment takes the fun out of it. Granted there are inferior products out there, but we all know which companies make competitive product.

As long as you start with something decent, its up to you to make it the best. 9 times out of 10 you can win with that product if you just figure it out. I guess its the engineering mindset I have, where I dont take no for an answer and will do whatever it takes to make something work. Just my two cents.
Back to top Go down
http://www.us.airliquide.com
ibbangin
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
ibbangin

Number of posts : 1906
Registration date : 2007-07-13

PostSubject: Re: Heres what i think is funny   Heres what i think is funny Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2008 9:57 pm

someone sponser me i'll use the equipment i promise!!!!!!!lol lol
Back to top Go down
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

Number of posts : 12087
Registration date : 2007-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Heres what i think is funny   Heres what i think is funny Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2008 10:09 pm

no that's the cajun in you Matt LOL

Angie
Back to top Go down
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

PostSubject: Re: Heres what i think is funny   Heres what i think is funny Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2008 10:11 pm

im not here for friends im not here for fun im here to win, and if i have fun doing it thats a bonus im sick and tired of hearing the preaching being doing on one persons mindeset on how other should be when its there money being spent rather than the people that think you should be this way or that way.

Im here to win first, and then have fun if your not winning it asnt much fun at all.

if you dont like me bite me
Back to top Go down
TECH114
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
TECH114

Number of posts : 4748
Registration date : 2007-06-24

PostSubject: Re: Heres what i think is funny   Heres what i think is funny Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2008 10:16 pm

Navi wrote:
To me its an integrity issue, if a company sponsors me and I cant win with that I suck it up and lose. There is no sense misleading or for that matter downright lying to a person and making them believe you are gonna run their product if you arent 100% sure thats what you intend to do, if you cant win with that product dont try and get the sponsorship.

I made this mistake before db drag finals in 04, swapped the week before to what I thought was a better choice from a company that gave me a full ride. I got my taste of karma that year and learned a valuable lesson.

This also has alot to do with why there are less sponsorships now, manufactures know this happens are less interested in handing out gear just for it to be thrown aside for whatever comes along the way the following month.

X2

Wasn't there an issue with a pioneer vehicle at drag running dd subs?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/infinitisound
zacdavis
zacdavis

PostSubject: Re: Heres what i think is funny   Heres what i think is funny Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2008 10:20 pm

I disagree.
Although this isnt NASCAR or the NFL it is still a business, and money is the game in all.

You can't tell me Scott Owens hasn't boosted sales in Pioneer's car audio division.

People, we are not only giving these companies winning reputations we are helping them in research and development of their products.

In fact, your statements, "if you in it to win then you in it for the wrong reasons" is totally rediculous, this is the whole reason for competition.
Compete to win, that is the goal of every one of us and any of you who say otherwise is a liar. That may be a little harsh but thats how I feel. Now granted there may be a few who spend little money and like to go to comps for fun and hang but those guys are not who I'm talkin about here.

You guys, we're being taken advantage of. We bust our ballz to get wins, we empty our savings accounts, we neglect our families, we damage our hearing, we shoot ourselves in the finger with the staple gun, whoops....and for what? A good time???? Nah....I don't buy it, you know we do it to WIN.
I don't care what you say, you know it's true. Yes, I appreciate and cherish all of the friends i've met through this "hobby", as do all of us. Its obvious to anybody from the outside looking in, they see how we fight like family yet we're there for one another when we're down n out.
And yes, I have a blast at shows, it really is fun. It makes it all worth it. Having a 1st place trophy at the end of the day makes it that much better every time.

So, why is it we do this? for fun, because it's just a hobby?, to meet new friends?, self recognition?....well no matter how you perceive it Manufacturers could care less as long as your azz is still in those lanes winning with their product. It's time you recognize how important of an asset you are to a company every time you break a world record or win a championship with thier product.

USACI is a tool. Why not use it? Kicker has, DB Drive has...its time we competitors get a piece of the action. Unless your happy with a trophy and your pic in the latest article of CarAudio.

I havent put a ton of thought into this whole subject i'm just kinda venting a little bit after a busy weekend. I may see this in a different light tomorrow, I may be completely off on this and I'll be the first to admit it. I just havent seen a response yet that has changed my mind.

again, no proof readin so if it dont make sense, oh well:P
Back to top Go down
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

PostSubject: Re: Heres what i think is funny   Heres what i think is funny Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2008 10:24 pm

lol great points zac im down with the thought process actually
Back to top Go down
gameoverstreeta
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
gameoverstreeta

Number of posts : 499
Registration date : 2007-08-03

PostSubject: Re: Heres what i think is funny   Heres what i think is funny Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2008 11:04 pm

yeah zac that is funny how many people to that. i know of a few also that has dont that. me its easy to tell i let anyone look in my car and will answer anyone questions about my stuff i try not to hide anything and i only put stickers on my car with the product i run. i always try and show off everything i run to sell more product for those companys
Back to top Go down
Twisted Image
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Twisted Image

Number of posts : 1111
Registration date : 2007-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Heres what i think is funny   Heres what i think is funny Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2008 3:04 pm

Well, I do see where you are coming from Zac. I know 99% of people are in this to win.

Myself, However, have always viewed this as nothing more then an expensive hobby.

When it started to put a damper on Friends, Family, My phisical health, job, and my bank account...It was time to step back.

Finals brought things to a screaching halt for me. I didnt see the fun anymore. I wasnt having fun, nor was anyone I was draging into this.

Once things hit the fan after finals, it made my choice easy for me. Walk away for an undertimerined time, enjoy another hobby, but stay involved with other peoples vehicles as much as possible.

I hope I can find the passion I once had for this again. If not, I still have alot great friends in this that I can hang out with, and many of them gladly accept a helping hand.

I will build now and again, I do have some equipment left. But it will be for my enjoyment...That means something that plays music at 30-40 hz.

I will be at shows, supporting the ones That I have helped build, or the ones that are just good friends, or just to hang out here and there

Long rant over.
Back to top Go down
Gabe Sanchez
Gabe Sanchez

Number of posts : 666

PostSubject: Re: Heres what i think is funny   Heres what i think is funny Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2008 5:33 pm

TECH114 wrote:
Wasn't there an issue with a pioneer vehicle at drag running dd subs?

That is a long story ... it was a big accident to make it short.
Back to top Go down
zacdavis
zacdavis

PostSubject: Re: Heres what i think is funny   Heres what i think is funny Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2008 11:58 pm

Thats a perfect example. Why is it a problem if he used DD subs in that vehicle. What matters is that the company that sponsored that car gets the credit.
Does John Force actually use Castrol in his funny car?
Back to top Go down
Gabe Sanchez
Gabe Sanchez

Number of posts : 666

PostSubject: Re: Heres what i think is funny   Heres what i think is funny Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 12:51 am

It was a big misunderstanding, and because of the reasons Zac mentioned on here ... lets just say that it wasn't no one's fault and for all the parties involved the best decision was made.
Back to top Go down
zacdavis
zacdavis

PostSubject: Re: Heres what i think is funny   Heres what i think is funny Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 1:37 am

Ok, maybe that isnt a prime example haha.
Either way it happens, people are sponsored but use equipment that best suites their needs to win, its common. I'm not singling anybody out. Actually i'm not sure what it is i'm saying though, not saying it's right or wrong, was just saying it happens a lot. Ok i'll shut up now.
Back to top Go down
Navi
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Navi

PostSubject: Re: Heres what i think is funny   Heres what i think is funny Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 2:07 am

Jeff and Zac ya gotta realize people do look at it from different points of views than yourself. I completely understand your mindset to this sport, but that doesnt mean everyone views it the same.
Quite honestly I used getting into this sport as anti-drug, literally. It was something I had fun at and could dump money into and keep from doing things less healthy for me. 8 years later I could walk away and not regret a single dollar I spent (and theres been quite a few)
I enjoy going to the lanes and doing whatever number and having fun alot more than i do being all uptight trying to find that last tenth at every show. A whole lot more relaxing and quite honeslty better for my blood pressure. So call me a liar if you want Im here for the fun, and since thats not as much as it used to be I doubt I will be here much longer. I will find something to piss money away and get lil or nothing in return.
Back to top Go down
zacdavis
zacdavis

PostSubject: Re: Heres what i think is funny   Heres what i think is funny Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 2:25 am

I don't have to realize anything. I already said it was just a thought I had and a view of mine, no biggie.

As for your post, I wasn't really talking about guys like yourself, your not a true competitor if you feel that way. You said it yourself your not in it to win but to have fun and take your mind off other things.

I was speaking to the guys who live and breath this stuff, the ones who DO look for EVERY tenth possible, those are competitors.

I'm so far off this topic though I cant remember what I started for? haha oh well who cares.
All I know is companies that take care of their sponsoree's (is that a word?, probably not) if they take care of them they will be true to them.
I guess the other point was, if they are sponsored and being taken care of by a certain brand, and nobody finds out, is it ok to swap brands that improve your score when nobody's lookin?
Back to top Go down
Navi
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Navi

PostSubject: Re: Heres what i think is funny   Heres what i think is funny Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 2:51 am

zacdavis wrote:
I don't have to realize anything. I already said it was just a thought I had and a view of mine, no biggie.

As for your post, I wasn't really talking about guys like yourself, your not a true competitor if you feel that way. You said it yourself your not in it to win but to have fun and take your mind off other things.

I was speaking to the guys who live and breath this stuff, the ones who DO look for EVERY tenth possible, those are competitors.

I'm so far off this topic though I cant remember what I started for? haha oh well who cares.
All I know is companies that take care of their sponsoree's (is that a word?, probably not) if they take care of them they will be true to them.
I guess the other point was, if they are sponsored and being taken care of by a certain brand, and nobody finds out, is it ok to swap brands that improve your score when nobody's lookin?

Man somethings I can agree with you on and others Im just like Question
I dont know if its just the condescendingapproach or what, but anyway back to the topic.

Quote :
I guess the other point was, if they are sponsored and being taken care of by a certain brand, and nobody finds out, is it ok to swap brands that improve your score when nobody's lookin
NO
and I dont know if " sponsoree's " a word but it sounds cool so let keep it lol!
Back to top Go down
dbracer79
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
dbracer79

Number of posts : 1086

PostSubject: Re: Heres what i think is funny   Heres what i think is funny Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 8:34 am

Zac,U don't have to apoligize for starting something up. That's what this forum is all about. U had something on your mind and U wanted to see a different poit of view.

I don't think it's cool to run other products than the ones u got sponsored off. How will u answer the spectators on this when they see dd subs instead of kicker subs.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Heres what i think is funny   Heres what i think is funny Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Heres what i think is funny
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Mobile Audio Competitors Organization :: GENERAL DISCUSSION :: General Discussion :: GENERAL SOUND COMPETITION DISCUSSION-
Jump to: