Mobile Audio Competitors Organization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LOUDEST SPORT ON EARTH!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Joint Finals a success. USACI numbers down due to very remote (from USACI) location but better than expected. Results posted on web site.
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» STETSOM 7KD
I get a clunk in my subs when changing inputs with source Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2020 7:37 pm by big bass joel

» any blown stetsom 7kd or 2k6d amps for sale
I get a clunk in my subs when changing inputs with source Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 7:32 pm by big bass joel

» We need the forums back
I get a clunk in my subs when changing inputs with source Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 2:41 pm by svillarrial

» THIS OLD FORUM IS ALIVE!!!! 6/14/17
I get a clunk in my subs when changing inputs with source Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 11:11 pm by 80INCHES

» It's back up !
I get a clunk in my subs when changing inputs with source Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 7:03 pm by chrisfish

» 2 Atomic apocalypse 12s D4
I get a clunk in my subs when changing inputs with source Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 12:53 am by supersquirt

» well hello
I get a clunk in my subs when changing inputs with source Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 5:46 am by TAMU

» WELLLWELLL
I get a clunk in my subs when changing inputs with source Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 4:24 pm by Nice

» SLAMBOREE AUG 1 & 2
I get a clunk in my subs when changing inputs with source Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 12:14 pm by Pro_Mom

Top posters
sanman
I get a clunk in my subs when changing inputs with source Vote_lcapI get a clunk in my subs when changing inputs with source Voting_barI get a clunk in my subs when changing inputs with source Vote_rcap 
The_Rowlands
I get a clunk in my subs when changing inputs with source Vote_lcapI get a clunk in my subs when changing inputs with source Voting_barI get a clunk in my subs when changing inputs with source Vote_rcap 
chrisfish
Stingraysevenout
scionsoloxb
TECH114
Alan
supadave
Moparbass28
Navi
Statistics
We have 1855 registered users
The newest registered user is Farenheit

Our users have posted a total of 222582 messages in 12665 subjects
Keywords
dollar louisiana build disc crzyblondgrl records broken contest stereo 2010 silence pics Johncarr state world kyle record drive 80inches quad songs crank Audiopipe finals chef globe
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of United States Autosound Competition International on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Mobile Audio Competitors Organization on your social bookmarking website

I get a clunk in my subs when changing inputs with source

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
eeore39648

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2008-02-02

I get a clunk in my subs when changing inputs with source Empty
PostSubject: I get a clunk in my subs when changing inputs with source   I get a clunk in my subs when changing inputs with source Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2008 7:34 pm

I just installed a new Alpine CDE 9874, head unit, along with a Punch 200-2 amp. Now when changing sources i hear a clunk in my subs. Also, when I turn the volume to 0, fast.
And does anyone know why the unit does not stay illuminated? when it is off, the only way I get it to stay illuminated, is to turn the volume to zero.
james
Back to top Go down
Stingraysevenout
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
Stingraysevenout

Number of posts : 6002
Registration date : 2007-06-23

PostSubject: Re: I get a clunk in my subs when changing inputs with source   I get a clunk in my subs when changing inputs with source Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2008 7:37 pm

Sounds like the Radio is bad out of the box to me.. Or you magically have bad Rca's after changing radios.. ON the illumination thing make sure its done has a phantom setting of some sort. But it should have not been on from factory default .... My opinion bad radio
Back to top Go down
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

Number of posts : 12087

PostSubject: Re: I get a clunk in my subs when changing inputs with source   I get a clunk in my subs when changing inputs with source Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2008 7:57 pm

yup sounds like bad rca's wich will kill the subs i know i got 3 dd 9515's in the garage now all jacked up dammit
Back to top Go down
TECH114
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
TECH114

Number of posts : 4748
Registration date : 2007-06-24

PostSubject: Re: I get a clunk in my subs when changing inputs with source   I get a clunk in my subs when changing inputs with source Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2008 9:37 pm

Cde-7894 doesn't have a phantom setting. Very rare to get an alpine headunit DOA. Check all your connections and make sure face is properly inserted.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/infinitisound
eeore39648

PostSubject: Re: I get a clunk in my subs when changing inputs with source   I get a clunk in my subs when changing inputs with source Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2008 1:59 pm

OK, completely re-wired everything. Changed RCA plugs. The only thing that seems to work, is turning the amp's crossover all the way down. Then I get a slight movement, of the subs, but not the clunk. I have adjusted it up to about 1/4, this seems to be a safe, Clink! The clink was adjusted to, normal listening levels. Anyone had this happen when using a Punch amp?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I get a clunk in my subs when changing inputs with source   I get a clunk in my subs when changing inputs with source Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2008 1:59 pm

Did you try a differnt deck.
Back to top Go down
eeore39648

PostSubject: Re: I get a clunk in my subs when changing inputs with source   I get a clunk in my subs when changing inputs with source Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2008 2:03 pm

And one more thing. I ran this amp and subs, for one week. Using a Pioneer radio, there was not even a clink, when switching from CD to tuner.
Back to top Go down
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

PostSubject: Re: I get a clunk in my subs when changing inputs with source   I get a clunk in my subs when changing inputs with source Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2008 2:13 pm

RCA'S
Back to top Go down
eeore39648

PostSubject: Re: I get a clunk in my subs when changing inputs with source   I get a clunk in my subs when changing inputs with source Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2008 2:14 pm

Changed those too
Back to top Go down
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

PostSubject: Re: I get a clunk in my subs when changing inputs with source   I get a clunk in my subs when changing inputs with source Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2008 2:27 pm

RCA'S OUT THE DECK MAN IM SORRY I DIDNT SPECIFY DECK RCA OUTPUTS
Back to top Go down
Kicker Kevin
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Kicker Kevin

Number of posts : 1376
Registration date : 2007-06-29

PostSubject: Re: I get a clunk in my subs when changing inputs with source   I get a clunk in my subs when changing inputs with source Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2008 2:32 pm

^ He would know!
Back to top Go down
eeore39648

PostSubject: Re: I get a clunk in my subs when changing inputs with source   I get a clunk in my subs when changing inputs with source Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2008 2:36 pm

so, nothing can be done, but return the deck?
Back to top Go down
eeore39648

PostSubject: Re: I get a clunk in my subs when changing inputs with source   I get a clunk in my subs when changing inputs with source Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2008 3:03 pm

i guess the aanswer is return it right? SanMan
Back to top Go down
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

PostSubject: Re: I get a clunk in my subs when changing inputs with source   I get a clunk in my subs when changing inputs with source Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2008 3:09 pm

unless you have a repair shop in town like i do they can repair is an electronics shop that is otherwise ide say yes return, or switch out with another one first and is tht solves the issue you thne know what your choices are
Back to top Go down
eeore39648

PostSubject: Re: I get a clunk in my subs when changing inputs with source   I get a clunk in my subs when changing inputs with source Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2008 3:11 pm

Alright, thanks for you help.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I get a clunk in my subs when changing inputs with source   I get a clunk in my subs when changing inputs with source Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I get a clunk in my subs when changing inputs with source
Page 1 of 1