Mobile Audio Competitors Organization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LOUDEST SPORT ON EARTH!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Joint Finals a success. USACI numbers down due to very remote (from USACI) location but better than expected. Results posted on web site.
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» STETSOM 7KD
What a drag today turned out to be. Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2020 7:37 pm by big bass joel

» any blown stetsom 7kd or 2k6d amps for sale
What a drag today turned out to be. Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 7:32 pm by big bass joel

» We need the forums back
What a drag today turned out to be. Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 2:41 pm by svillarrial

» THIS OLD FORUM IS ALIVE!!!! 6/14/17
What a drag today turned out to be. Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 11:11 pm by 80INCHES

» It's back up !
What a drag today turned out to be. Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 7:03 pm by chrisfish

» 2 Atomic apocalypse 12s D4
What a drag today turned out to be. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 12:53 am by supersquirt

» well hello
What a drag today turned out to be. Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 5:46 am by TAMU

» WELLLWELLL
What a drag today turned out to be. Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 4:24 pm by Nice

» SLAMBOREE AUG 1 & 2
What a drag today turned out to be. Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 12:14 pm by Pro_Mom

Top posters
sanman
What a drag today turned out to be. Vote_lcapWhat a drag today turned out to be. Voting_barWhat a drag today turned out to be. Vote_rcap 
The_Rowlands
What a drag today turned out to be. Vote_lcapWhat a drag today turned out to be. Voting_barWhat a drag today turned out to be. Vote_rcap 
chrisfish
Stingraysevenout
scionsoloxb
TECH114
Alan
supadave
Moparbass28
Navi
Statistics
We have 1855 registered users
The newest registered user is Farenheit

Our users have posted a total of 222582 messages in 12665 subjects
Keywords
records kyle broken build louisiana songs crank state contest disc drive chef finals Johncarr Audiopipe 2010 crzyblondgrl dollar pics stereo world record 80inches globe silence quad
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of United States Autosound Competition International on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Mobile Audio Competitors Organization on your social bookmarking website

What a drag today turned out to be.

Go down 
+8
Crush
dlechner
doitor
jayhawkblk
dbracer79
Chris's Studio Civic
MAGNATUDE
jkrob21
12 posters
AuthorMessage
jkrob21
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
jkrob21

Number of posts : 1476
Registration date : 2007-06-25

What a drag today turned out to be. Empty
PostSubject: What a drag today turned out to be.   What a drag today turned out to be. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2008 8:50 pm

Our little hole in the wall store has been struggling for about a year now. Sales have been declining as well as installation of internet and Wal-Mart electronics.

We moved into a better location geographically speaking, hoping it would give us a little push. That hasn't helped so far. So with all of that said, our store owner decided the only way to try to get his head above water was to start downsizing. Well I have the least experience and have been there the shortest amount of time so it starts with me.

I am still a little in shock...I got laid off today. He said he will still let me use the shop for my builds and let me purchase equipment at cost. I guess that is supposed to make me feel a little better.

There is only one other shop in town and from what I here they are currently in worse shape than us. I wouldn't work there anyway. They don't have such a great reputation. I don't know what I'm gonna do for now. I have a little money stashed back to live on. It was supposed to be going toward some new equipment for the truck this spring. in the mean time I still have a $6000.00 dollar Snap-On/Matco bill to deal with. I don't want to give up the tools I've aquired over the last several years.

I just don't know what to do. Do I look for work elsewhere and relocate or just change what I do for a living?

Sorry guys but I had to share (vent) with someone.

I hope I can still make it to some shows. I love this stuff!
Back to top Go down
MAGNATUDE
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
MAGNATUDE

Number of posts : 81
Registration date : 2007-11-08

PostSubject: Re: What a drag today turned out to be.   What a drag today turned out to be. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2008 12:08 am

Sorry to hear about your situation. There is another shop who needs your talent. https://usaci.forumotion.com/general-discussion-f11/topeka-shop-needs-installer-t2014.htm
Back to top Go down
Chris's Studio Civic
Above Average Contributor

Number of posts : 687
Registration date : 2007-07-23

PostSubject: Re: What a drag today turned out to be.   What a drag today turned out to be. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2008 10:26 am

Bro .....sorry to hear that.
Back to top Go down
dbracer79
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
dbracer79

Number of posts : 1086
Registration date : 2007-06-28

PostSubject: Re: What a drag today turned out to be.   What a drag today turned out to be. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2008 3:31 pm

Hang in there John. Every thing happens for a reason.
What doors close today will open new ones tomorrow. I hope everthing will be alright. U can always pm me or call 347-731-3751 anytime for support.
Back to top Go down
jayhawkblk
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
jayhawkblk

Number of posts : 331

PostSubject: Re: What a drag today turned out to be.   What a drag today turned out to be. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2008 3:34 pm

Damn John that sucks. Keep your head up things will work out. Subsiquently a shop here in KS Topeka to be exact is looking for an installer. It is a good shop. Give me a call later.
Back to top Go down
jkrob21
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
jkrob21

PostSubject: Re: What a drag today turned out to be.   What a drag today turned out to be. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2008 8:46 pm

Thanks for the kind words guys. I would like to stay in the same area that I'm in now. South of MO and KS. I haven't decided what to try and do just yet. I may even try to go into a different field . After my 2 years is up I could compete in Consumer if I wanted to. Wink

Doubt that will ever happen though. I have the bug pretty bad!
Back to top Go down
dbracer79
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
dbracer79

Number of posts : 1086

PostSubject: Re: What a drag today turned out to be.   What a drag today turned out to be. Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2008 8:55 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnDrbagYm24
There are others in worst situations.
Back to top Go down
doitor
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
doitor

Number of posts : 99
Registration date : 2007-11-27

PostSubject: Re: What a drag today turned out to be.   What a drag today turned out to be. Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2008 11:54 am

I'm really sorry to hear/read that John.
I'm totally believe that things happend for a reason and I'm sure theres something better for you in the near future.
Hang in there.
Back to top Go down
dlechner
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor

Number of posts : 121

PostSubject: Re: What a drag today turned out to be.   What a drag today turned out to be. Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2008 12:55 pm

Yeah John, hang tight! Things happen for a reason as Doitor said. Keep your head up man! Things happening like this will only make you stronger!
Back to top Go down
Crush
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor

Number of posts : 167
Registration date : 2007-09-10

PostSubject: Re: What a drag today turned out to be.   What a drag today turned out to be. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2008 1:04 pm

We are always looking for qualified installers and we can never keep up with the work load.
granted car audio is only about 30% but the custom work makes it less of a drag.
we have a nice community. good schools. small town feel

send me your resume if you are interested in relocating.
just from the post here on the forum i can tell you are the passionate car audio type we look for.

good luck either way man.
Back to top Go down
jsketoe
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

Number of posts : 1587
Registration date : 2007-06-23

PostSubject: Re: What a drag today turned out to be.   What a drag today turned out to be. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2008 6:32 pm

Hey Crush...I'll personally vouch for John...if he wants to move that far, he'd be worth it.
Back to top Go down
jkrob21
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
jkrob21

PostSubject: Re: What a drag today turned out to be.   What a drag today turned out to be. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2008 8:27 pm

Thanks Crush. However tempting it may be, I don't think the wifey will go for that far of a move.

Sketoe...I got your message this weekend. Sorry I haven't called back yet. I was busy working on my little enclosed trailer. I'm getting it ready for my tools and tool boxes.

Tasha wants to stay in Akansas if possible. She would prefer NW Arkansas. Her favorite aunt and uncle live in Bentonville. I hate moving altogether. I like Hot Springs but the town just doesn't support car audio.
Back to top Go down
tijuana_no
tijuana_no

Number of posts : 709
Registration date : 2007-09-12

PostSubject: Re: What a drag today turned out to be.   What a drag today turned out to be. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2008 9:53 pm

john ,hang in there hope things work ok for you sooooon.
Back to top Go down
Stingraysevenout
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
Stingraysevenout

Number of posts : 6002

PostSubject: Re: What a drag today turned out to be.   What a drag today turned out to be. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2008 12:00 pm

Wow John just saw this.... You know you got a job if you come this way bro..... Something will come up... Where you at again? what city and whats the furthest you'll drive.
Back to top Go down
jkrob21
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
jkrob21

PostSubject: Re: What a drag today turned out to be.   What a drag today turned out to be. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2008 7:42 pm

Thanks Jimbo. I'm in Hot Springs, AR. I haven't decided what to do just yet for sure. My other half will have alot to say about it. So far she's been very supportive. She said she would be behind me if we need to move. I feel if I stray too far from where we are now she won't go for it.
Back to top Go down
jsketoe
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

Number of posts : 1587

PostSubject: Re: What a drag today turned out to be.   What a drag today turned out to be. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2008 11:23 pm

That connection I called you about looks the best thus far on my end.
Back to top Go down
HellRzR
HellRzR

Number of posts : 800
Registration date : 2007-06-30

PostSubject: Re: What a drag today turned out to be.   What a drag today turned out to be. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2008 4:08 am

my past expierence to sit down and discuss your options you have on the table bro, and then do whats best for your family. keep your head up man, they say the lord never gives you more than you can handle although at times it seems he does. keep your head up say a prayer or two and good luck man, hope you find work soon
Back to top Go down
Stingraysevenout
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
Stingraysevenout

Number of posts : 6002

PostSubject: Re: What a drag today turned out to be.   What a drag today turned out to be. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2008 3:55 pm

Ill see if i know anybody around there.....
Back to top Go down
jkrob21
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
jkrob21

PostSubject: Re: What a drag today turned out to be.   What a drag today turned out to be. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2008 8:14 pm

My boss and I spoke at length about my situation today. He did not realize I was thinking about relocating to find work in the same field. He was under the assumption that I would find something else to do for income until the store could afford to bring me back. He seemed a little dissapointed that I might not hang around to see what happens.

I'm a little confused about what to do. But I know I need to do something quickly. I will be working through Saturday at the store. He is paying me for another week even though I will spend most of it filing for unemployment and looking for a new job.

I appreciate all of the support I've been getting from you guys. I have no intensions of letting this get in the way of my quest to reach the top of USACi competition. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What a drag today turned out to be.   What a drag today turned out to be. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What a drag today turned out to be.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Mobile Audio Competitors Organization :: GENERAL DISCUSSION :: SOUND QUALITY DISCUSSION :: SOUND QUALITY-
Jump to: