Mobile Audio Competitors Organization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LOUDEST SPORT ON EARTH!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Joint Finals a success. USACI numbers down due to very remote (from USACI) location but better than expected. Results posted on web site.
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» STETSOM 7KD
Web site updates. Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2020 7:37 pm by big bass joel

» any blown stetsom 7kd or 2k6d amps for sale
Web site updates. Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 7:32 pm by big bass joel

» We need the forums back
Web site updates. Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 2:41 pm by svillarrial

» THIS OLD FORUM IS ALIVE!!!! 6/14/17
Web site updates. Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 11:11 pm by 80INCHES

» It's back up !
Web site updates. Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 7:03 pm by chrisfish

» 2 Atomic apocalypse 12s D4
Web site updates. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 12:53 am by supersquirt

» well hello
Web site updates. Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 5:46 am by TAMU

» WELLLWELLL
Web site updates. Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 4:24 pm by Nice

» SLAMBOREE AUG 1 & 2
Web site updates. Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 12:14 pm by Pro_Mom

Top posters
sanman
Web site updates. Vote_lcapWeb site updates. Voting_barWeb site updates. Vote_rcap 
The_Rowlands
Web site updates. Vote_lcapWeb site updates. Voting_barWeb site updates. Vote_rcap 
chrisfish
Stingraysevenout
scionsoloxb
TECH114
Alan
supadave
Moparbass28
Navi
Statistics
We have 1855 registered users
The newest registered user is Farenheit

Our users have posted a total of 222582 messages in 12665 subjects
Keywords
louisiana crzyblondgrl broken dollar Johncarr 2010 pics contest record silence finals globe world build crank records disc state 80inches quad drive stereo chef songs kyle Audiopipe
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of United States Autosound Competition International on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Mobile Audio Competitors Organization on your social bookmarking website

Web site updates.

Go down 
+3
Chris's Studio Civic
jsketoe
jkrob21
7 posters
AuthorMessage
jkrob21
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
jkrob21

Number of posts : 1476
Registration date : 2007-06-25

Web site updates. Empty
PostSubject: Web site updates.   Web site updates. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2008 10:47 pm

Why is it we get event listing updates but no points or standings updates for 6 friggin months?

I understand what a hassle it must be but I feel we as competitiors should be allowed to see where we stand at any given point in the season. USACI seems to find the time to promote upcoming events and wants us to participate but it can be months before we ever receive any public recognition for what we do.

We are all consumers for this organization. I know I spend thousands of dollars every year just to be a part of it. Is it so much trouble to give a little back?

Remember... newbies, manufactures, and sponsers would like to know how we are all doing.

Point #1 I am new to this sport. I go to a couple shows and do pretty well. I brag to my friends about where I've been and what I did. They call me on it. How do I prove it to them? Well I have a trophy...does no good for me because everybody knows we own a trophy store next door to our audio store. (true story) The new guys to the sport expect some easily available recognition for what they have done. This gives them more "fire" to keep it up and go to more shows.

Point #2 I am a manufacture giving support to a competitor. The competitor sends me an e-mail or whatever declaring their standings at a show or two. I have no way of double checking their stats easily. Should I have to call the home office to verify the competitors statements? We all know how the office calls sometimes go. So I as a manu cannot declare victory for promotional puposes until I have proof that every consumer can find easily.

Point #3 I am a competitor who is fully or partially sponsered by a manfacture. The manufacture has been kind enough to lend me a hand with some of the expenses of competing. (in return for doing well). I call them and let them know I did GREAT at a triple point event. They let me know that when I have shown the public how well Ive done they will give me some more help with product or whatever. I cannot expect something for nothing can I?

What can we do to help USACI keep points and stats more up to date? These things are more important to competition than when the next show down is. IMO. I can show you how Arkansas got beat down by Mizzou, But I can't show you how Focal did against Morel or how Car Toyz did against Audio Designs. (just as a referance of course).

Sorry for the somewhat negative post but I had to get it off of my chest.
Back to top Go down
jsketoe
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

Number of posts : 1587
Registration date : 2007-06-23

Web site updates. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Web site updates.   Web site updates. Icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2008 1:13 am

bravo
Back to top Go down
Chris's Studio Civic
Above Average Contributor

Number of posts : 687
Registration date : 2007-07-23

Web site updates. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Web site updates.   Web site updates. Icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2008 10:27 am

Focal....won 6 of the 10 SQ classes.

just to let you guys know.
Back to top Go down
Basshead Chapa
Basshead Chapa

Number of posts : 625
Registration date : 2007-08-22

Web site updates. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Web site updates.   Web site updates. Icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2008 10:39 am

Chris's Studio Civic wrote:

Shocked
Back to top Go down
jkrob21
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
jkrob21

Web site updates. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Web site updates.   Web site updates. Icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2008 8:26 pm

Chris's Studio Civic wrote:

Finals is of course the one exception to the slow stat posting. We had Finals postings within days of the Big Show. Why can this not be done about once a month? I don't think this is too much to ask. I'd help out if I knew how to.

Thanks for the update on Focals domination though Chris. Too bad I can't see how they stand so far this season. flower
Back to top Go down
txcomp
Admin
Admin
txcomp

Number of posts : 287
Registration date : 2007-06-22

Web site updates. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Web site updates.   Web site updates. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2008 7:09 pm

For reference:
The stats are all handled out of the office, all the time. I posted the unofficial finals results from my files that I compiled at finals. The official finals results were posted about 2 weeks later after the office blessed them.

Call the HBIC and verbally voice this concern. He may not see it buried on this forum.
Back to top Go down
http://www.soundoff.org
jkrob21
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
jkrob21

Web site updates. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Web site updates.   Web site updates. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2008 7:21 pm

Nice to see you're still around Tim. Ralph got the results page updated today. Finally.

As a newly appointed rep for USACi competitors I will voice this to the HBIC if there are others whom feel the same way. Until then I will just continue to be a pain in the neck on here. My singular opinion is sure to mean little to Ralph.
Back to top Go down
dbracer79
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
dbracer79

Number of posts : 1086
Registration date : 2007-06-28

Web site updates. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Web site updates.   Web site updates. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2008 7:30 pm

GO JOHN!!!
Back to top Go down
txcomp
Admin
Admin
txcomp

Number of posts : 287
Registration date : 2007-06-22

Web site updates. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Web site updates.   Web site updates. Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2008 2:36 am

Believe it or not, Ralph is actually getting pretty good at updating the web site. I've officially turned over the actual html to Ralph on the front page with a promise to him that I'll be on standby to fix something if something goes bad wrong. I think you will see an improvement for at least a little while in page updates.
Back to top Go down
http://www.soundoff.org
MAGNATUDE
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
MAGNATUDE

Number of posts : 81
Registration date : 2007-11-08

Web site updates. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Web site updates.   Web site updates. Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2008 5:46 am

Tim - It's wonderful that you and the HBGIC take the time to update the site every so often and we applaude you for that. You are all in a key position to nurture, promote and grow SQ to more prominent level in our own competitive entertainment sport.

Sorry for the thread hijack. Please remove if not related to website update.

Our new members and visitors to the USACi website are exposed to what USACi's mission is all about, as well as all sorts of support from many of our great vendors/sponsors. The website also shows upcoming events and past event results and shows competition categories like the SQ class structure listed below pasted directly from the current website.

2007 USACI SQ Class Structure

Q Consumer..........................Open Power
Q Pro.....................................Open Power
Advanced Expert...................Open Power
Advanced Pro........................Open Power
Advanced Consumer.............Open Power
Intermediate Consumer........Open Power
Intemediate Pro....................Open Power
Beginner SQ Consumer.........Open Power
Beginner SQ Pro....................Open Power

I tell people to go to USACi's website to learn more about sound competition.

In contrast, a new visitor to the website may peruse its contents and may come to a conclusion that we do not support multi-media and DTS multi channel surround competition as there is no mention of such category.

Yes, it is true, that we (those who are in-the -know), know that USACi have and still supports DTS and multi-media, but our new SQ website visitor will never know that. We would have missed an opportunity to get them to join USACi as they would just move on to other things.

Because you are in a key position to inform new visitors, capture their interest and get them to take part in this wonderful sport of ours, Is there anything you can do to update and put in the website that USACi has had, for a long time, a place for everyone to play in the DTS multichannel and multi-media arena and that we have competition rules established for that?

Thanks for listening.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Web site updates. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Web site updates.   Web site updates. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Web site updates.
Page 1 of 1