Mobile Audio Competitors Organization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LOUDEST SPORT ON EARTH!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Joint Finals a success. USACI numbers down due to very remote (from USACI) location but better than expected. Results posted on web site.
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» STETSOM 7KD
define audio-car vs car-audio Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2020 7:37 pm by big bass joel

» any blown stetsom 7kd or 2k6d amps for sale
define audio-car vs car-audio Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 7:32 pm by big bass joel

» We need the forums back
define audio-car vs car-audio Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 2:41 pm by svillarrial

» THIS OLD FORUM IS ALIVE!!!! 6/14/17
define audio-car vs car-audio Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 11:11 pm by 80INCHES

» It's back up !
define audio-car vs car-audio Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 7:03 pm by chrisfish

» 2 Atomic apocalypse 12s D4
define audio-car vs car-audio Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 12:53 am by supersquirt

» well hello
define audio-car vs car-audio Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 5:46 am by TAMU

» WELLLWELLL
define audio-car vs car-audio Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 4:24 pm by Nice

» SLAMBOREE AUG 1 & 2
define audio-car vs car-audio Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 12:14 pm by Pro_Mom

Top posters
sanman
define audio-car vs car-audio Vote_lcapdefine audio-car vs car-audio Voting_bardefine audio-car vs car-audio Vote_rcap 
The_Rowlands
define audio-car vs car-audio Vote_lcapdefine audio-car vs car-audio Voting_bardefine audio-car vs car-audio Vote_rcap 
chrisfish
Stingraysevenout
scionsoloxb
TECH114
Alan
supadave
Moparbass28
Navi
Statistics
We have 1855 registered users
The newest registered user is Farenheit

Our users have posted a total of 222582 messages in 12665 subjects
Keywords
dollar 80inches crzyblondgrl crank state kyle broken build finals chef Johncarr pics quad disc silence drive louisiana globe Audiopipe contest record songs 2010 records stereo world
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of United States Autosound Competition International on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Mobile Audio Competitors Organization on your social bookmarking website

define audio-car vs car-audio

Go down 
+7
Monte B.
Chris's Studio Civic
tijuana_no
dbracer79
doitor
jkrob21
jsketoe
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
jsketoe
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

Number of posts : 1587
Registration date : 2007-06-23

define audio-car vs car-audio Empty
PostSubject: define audio-car vs car-audio   define audio-car vs car-audio Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2007 8:51 pm

I wanna hear this...you can cite examples. I have my opinions...I want to see everyone else's.
Back to top Go down
jkrob21
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
jkrob21

Number of posts : 1476
Registration date : 2007-06-25

PostSubject: Re: define audio-car vs car-audio   define audio-car vs car-audio Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2007 9:02 pm

jsketoe wrote:
I wanna hear this...you can cite examples. I have my opinions...I want to see everyone else's.

I don't know quite what your looking for here. I would think an "audio-car" would be a car built around an audio system. IE some of the more extreme expert cars or demos such as Alpine does for CES every year. Where as "car-audio" falls more into the catagory of us regular guys that cram stuff into our vehicles but retain full vehicle function even if it degrades the "true audio".

Like I said. I don't think I understand the question John. Can you elaberate?
Back to top Go down
doitor
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
doitor

Number of posts : 99
Registration date : 2007-11-27

PostSubject: Re: define audio-car vs car-audio   define audio-car vs car-audio Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2007 9:20 pm

I totally agree with John.
Or at least I understand the question the same way he does.
Back to top Go down
jkrob21
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
jkrob21

PostSubject: Re: define audio-car vs car-audio   define audio-car vs car-audio Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2007 9:29 pm

doitor wrote:

Which John? Me or John Sketoe?

Nice to meet you at the College Station show buy the way. Good luck to you and the rest of the HAT guys. As if you guys need luck on your side.

edit: I see in your sig that you are a canidate for HAT. I assumed you would be in there by now. You really have a passion for this little thing we call SQ competition.
Back to top Go down
dbracer79
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
dbracer79

Number of posts : 1086
Registration date : 2007-06-28

PostSubject: Re: define audio-car vs car-audio   define audio-car vs car-audio Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2007 11:07 pm

??
My guess audio-car is what Steve brown builds for Alpine.
Car-audio most likely is just basically stock system.
DAMN-I THINK YOU'RE PULLING MY LEG HERE OR SOMETHING!!!!
Back to top Go down
tijuana_no
Above Average Contributor
tijuana_no

Number of posts : 709
Registration date : 2007-09-12

PostSubject: Re: define audio-car vs car-audio   define audio-car vs car-audio Icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2007 12:49 am

car-audio :audio equipment built to be fitted in a automobile.
audio-car :automobile that is built to be fitted in a audio system.

i guess i also agree with john (roberts).
john ,by the way let me take the time to share this photo that doitor sent me.
define audio-car vs car-audio DSC06609
Back to top Go down
doitor
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
doitor

PostSubject: Re: define audio-car vs car-audio   define audio-car vs car-audio Icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2007 10:37 am

jkrob21 wrote:
doitor wrote:

Which John? Me or John Sketoe?

Nice to meet you at the College Station show buy the way. Good luck to you and the rest of the HAT guys. As if you guys need luck on your side.

edit: I see in your sig that you are a canidate for HAT. I assumed you would be in there by now. You really have a passion for this little thing we call SQ competition.

Which John? YOU. (John Roberts) (John Sketoe asked the question)
It was also great meeting you, and thanks for ALL the helps and pointers.
Once you apply for Team Hybrids you're a Candidate Member for the first year, and then you "upgrade" to senior member. But I'm in there.
Back to top Go down
Chris's Studio Civic

Number of posts : 687
Registration date : 2007-07-23

PostSubject: Re: define audio-car vs car-audio   define audio-car vs car-audio Icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2007 1:48 pm

A grand example of an Audio-Car is

My Civic

A hybrid of an Audio-Car is

Lou's Lexus
Gary's Regal
Mike Lau's Truck

I build both....and it depends on what you are willing to give up to achieve the best possible sound. You can achieve about 90% of everything an Audio-car does without doing what we have done. It is that last 10% that is achieved by doing what we do. And it looks crazy too. It is fun to build thing the way we do....It is not the only way or the best way. It is just our style.
Back to top Go down
jkrob21
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
jkrob21

PostSubject: Re: define audio-car vs car-audio   define audio-car vs car-audio Icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2007 8:00 pm

Thanks for the pic Tijuana! Why am I always the shortest guy in the picture? Laughing

Chris your Civic was one of the first cars that popped into my head as an "audio-car".

I wonder if we are reading John's question correctly or if he's going somewhere else with this?
Back to top Go down
jsketoe
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

PostSubject: Re: define audio-car vs car-audio   define audio-car vs car-audio Icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2007 1:33 am

Just asking...I like deep thinking questions.

Audio-car...built around the stereo...driving is pretty much down at the bottom of the list if even on the list.

Car-audio...car remains functional and safe with intended gear for safety and the installer builds around that to achieve the best possible competition set up. Car choice and working room shall we say would be very important.

Chris P...audio-car.
Mark Eldridge...audio-car.
Biggs old Regal...yeah, audio-car IMO....very border line though.
Steve Brown's stuff for current Alpine builds...audio-car
there are others for sure...

Just want to see where everyone stands on what is too far to the point that the car is primarily audio focused.
Back to top Go down
Chris's Studio Civic

PostSubject: Re: define audio-car vs car-audio   define audio-car vs car-audio Icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2007 12:03 pm

Nothing is too far. It just depends on what you are wanting too achieve. I tell everyone.....if you have a idea, or a dream build it....or if you can't, find someone who can and build it with them.
Back to top Go down
jsketoe
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

PostSubject: Re: define audio-car vs car-audio   define audio-car vs car-audio Icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2007 3:57 pm

naw...you miss my point...I'm not saying there is anything wrong with it at all...I'm just looking for the division line and to define it.
Back to top Go down
doitor
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
doitor

PostSubject: Re: define audio-car vs car-audio   define audio-car vs car-audio Icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2007 6:11 pm

A simple definition might be that a car-audio, can be a daily driver, ergonomics, security and functionality over sound.
Audio-cars just cant be daily drivers, sound over anything else.
Back to top Go down
Monte B.
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor

Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2007-09-05

PostSubject: Re: define audio-car vs car-audio   define audio-car vs car-audio Icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2007 7:31 pm

doiter - I think you are right on your defining lines.

Although Lou's Lexus and Mike's truck are going to be "street legal" I don't think I'd want to have to drive the Lexus on a road trip. With the seats sitting right on the false floor, it would be a little uncomfortable after my legs went to sleep. And I'm not sure the seats actually go far enough forward to drive the car (unless you are 6'6").

On the "car audio" side: Our GTi is still a daily driver, w/ a serious car audio system. We've never had that car on a trailer, and drove over 15k miles in 2007 to shows throughout the country. We weren't willing to have to go buy a truck and rent a trailer just yet to tow the car.

Hey, Sketoe - where are you wanting this thread to go? I'm trying to understand why are you looking for definitions and opinions? You've got the gears cranking in my head now....
Back to top Go down
http://www.mj-garage.com
Chris's Studio Civic

PostSubject: Re: define audio-car vs car-audio   define audio-car vs car-audio Icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2007 8:17 pm

Monte, I drove Lou's lexus across town...(30 miles) to my house and back, I am 5'7....on a good day and it wasn't bad.

Also Sketoe....I am not saying it is bad.....I am saying the line can get blury.....there really is not a division until the car is not drive-able. Gary's regal, Mark's stock car, Lou's Lexus, and Mike's truck are all able to be driven on the street in a very comfortable fashion. The Honda and the Alpine cars on the other hand are a different story.
Back to top Go down
HellRzR
HellRzR

Number of posts : 800
Registration date : 2007-06-30

PostSubject: Re: define audio-car vs car-audio   define audio-car vs car-audio Icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2007 8:29 pm

i would love to see a pic of your honda chris
Back to top Go down
tijuana_no
tijuana_no

PostSubject: Re: define audio-car vs car-audio   define audio-car vs car-audio Icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2007 11:07 pm

this is a good thread ,cause it shows that maybe usaci should make more sq classes or redefine the current classes .
don't you think?
Back to top Go down
jsketoe
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

PostSubject: Re: define audio-car vs car-audio   define audio-car vs car-audio Icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2007 12:31 am

I'm not 'going' any where with this...just making some opinions obvious to right people.
Back to top Go down
jkrob21
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
jkrob21

PostSubject: Re: define audio-car vs car-audio   define audio-car vs car-audio Icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2007 12:41 am

I guess I'm into car-audio.
Back to top Go down
jsketoe
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

PostSubject: Re: define audio-car vs car-audio   define audio-car vs car-audio Icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2007 12:46 am

I'm into car-audio as well. If I had to make an audio-car to compete, I don't know if I would...but if I did, it wouldn't be in something I didn't want to cut up like mine.
Back to top Go down
jkrob21
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
jkrob21

PostSubject: Re: define audio-car vs car-audio   define audio-car vs car-audio Icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2007 12:52 am

So when is the invatational? I want to give "car audio" a try! Cool
Back to top Go down
txcomp
Admin
Admin
txcomp

Number of posts : 287
Registration date : 2007-06-22

PostSubject: Re: define audio-car vs car-audio   define audio-car vs car-audio Icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2007 12:44 am

This IS an interesting thread.... it does kinda get one thinking about defining some of the grayer areas of the rules to have like vehicles competing against like vehicles.....
Back to top Go down
http://www.soundoff.org
tijuana_no
tijuana_no

PostSubject: Re: define audio-car vs car-audio   define audio-car vs car-audio Icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2007 1:12 am

jsketoe wrote:
I'm into car-audio as well. If I had to make an audio-car to compete, I don't know if I would...but if I did, it wouldn't be in something I didn't want to cut up like mine.

x2
Back to top Go down
Chris's Studio Civic

PostSubject: Re: define audio-car vs car-audio   define audio-car vs car-audio Icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2007 10:53 am

The moment you guys start doing that is the moment you make another huge mistake. Example, see what I A S C A has done over the last two years with their rules.
Back to top Go down
jsketoe
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

PostSubject: Re: define audio-car vs car-audio   define audio-car vs car-audio Icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2007 1:16 pm

...but observe what is new this year for IASCA...
Back to top Go down
jsketoe
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

PostSubject: Re: define audio-car vs car-audio   define audio-car vs car-audio Icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2007 1:18 pm

the way to do it...as I remember Ralph saying years ago at Blast just off the cuff...is to take a car show check sheet except fill it out like an SQ car would be built...these many mods=this class. LOL...that's be monkey-simple.
Back to top Go down
Chris's Studio Civic

PostSubject: Re: define audio-car vs car-audio   define audio-car vs car-audio Icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2007 1:22 pm

And that is working out great. The fix is introducing an actual street class. Oh....we tried that and it got mixed up.
Back to top Go down
jsketoe
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

PostSubject: Re: define audio-car vs car-audio   define audio-car vs car-audio Icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2007 2:08 pm

Everyone have the kind-ness not to blow up Ralph's cell phone on NYE or NYD. lol!
Back to top Go down
Chris's Studio Civic

PostSubject: Re: define audio-car vs car-audio   define audio-car vs car-audio Icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2007 4:35 pm

I really don't think that will be a problem. I have it on good authority that nothing is going to change for the next year.
Back to top Go down
Chris's Studio Civic

PostSubject: Re: define audio-car vs car-audio   define audio-car vs car-audio Icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2007 4:36 pm

jsketoe wrote:
the way to do it...as I remember Ralph saying years ago at Blast just off the cuff...is to take a car show check sheet except fill it out like an SQ car would be built...these many mods=this class. LOL...that's be monkey-simple.

Oh they do that.....it is called M E C A!

That works great!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: define audio-car vs car-audio   define audio-car vs car-audio Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

define audio-car vs car-audio
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Mobile Audio Competitors Organization :: GENERAL DISCUSSION :: SOUND QUALITY DISCUSSION :: SOUND QUALITY-
Jump to: