Mobile Audio Competitors Organization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LOUDEST SPORT ON EARTH!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Joint Finals a success. USACI numbers down due to very remote (from USACI) location but better than expected. Results posted on web site.
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» STETSOM 7KD
whats the diff between meters? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2020 7:37 pm by big bass joel

» any blown stetsom 7kd or 2k6d amps for sale
whats the diff between meters? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 7:32 pm by big bass joel

» We need the forums back
whats the diff between meters? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 2:41 pm by svillarrial

» THIS OLD FORUM IS ALIVE!!!! 6/14/17
whats the diff between meters? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 11:11 pm by 80INCHES

» It's back up !
whats the diff between meters? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 7:03 pm by chrisfish

» 2 Atomic apocalypse 12s D4
whats the diff between meters? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 12:53 am by supersquirt

» well hello
whats the diff between meters? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 5:46 am by TAMU

» WELLLWELLL
whats the diff between meters? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 4:24 pm by Nice

» SLAMBOREE AUG 1 & 2
whats the diff between meters? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 12:14 pm by Pro_Mom

Top posters
sanman
whats the diff between meters? Vote_lcapwhats the diff between meters? Voting_barwhats the diff between meters? Vote_rcap 
The_Rowlands
whats the diff between meters? Vote_lcapwhats the diff between meters? Voting_barwhats the diff between meters? Vote_rcap 
chrisfish
Stingraysevenout
scionsoloxb
TECH114
Alan
supadave
Moparbass28
Navi
Statistics
We have 1855 registered users
The newest registered user is Farenheit

Our users have posted a total of 222582 messages in 12665 subjects
Keywords
Johncarr drive world dollar state records Audiopipe quad record contest broken globe 2010 80inches songs crank crzyblondgrl disc kyle stereo finals pics build louisiana silence chef
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of United States Autosound Competition International on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Mobile Audio Competitors Organization on your social bookmarking website

whats the diff between meters?

Go down 
+5
Kicker Kevin
Crash
iowan
aphinney
loburbon
9 posters
AuthorMessage
loburbon
Above Average Contributor
loburbon

Number of posts : 560
Registration date : 2007-06-30

whats the diff between meters? Empty
PostSubject: whats the diff between meters?   whats the diff between meters? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2007 2:59 pm

i ran my explorer yesterday and i got 2 different readings first on a b&k meter 147.6 legal sealed on the dash, 148.7 outlaw style. 2nd on a term-pro 152.2 outlaw is that normal?
Back to top Go down
aphinney
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
aphinney

Number of posts : 1305
Registration date : 2007-06-23

PostSubject: Re: whats the diff between meters?   whats the diff between meters? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2007 3:01 pm

bnk is different alot...

TL is goin to be the same where ever you are....we are always right now with out TL compared to all the shows we ever go to...

BUT WORLD FINALS EACH LANE WAS DOWN..some were UP...some where just right
Back to top Go down
loburbon
loburbon

PostSubject: Re: whats the diff between meters?   whats the diff between meters? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2007 3:07 pm

so is it better to go off a bnk or tl score
Back to top Go down
iowan
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
iowan

Number of posts : 1018
Registration date : 2007-06-22

PostSubject: Re: whats the diff between meters?   whats the diff between meters? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2007 3:32 pm

i would assume if you want to compete in usaci.... tl... cause that is what they use for metering at all comps... am i right??? anyone???
Back to top Go down
Crash
Crash

Number of posts : 782
Registration date : 2007-06-24

PostSubject: Re: whats the diff between meters?   whats the diff between meters? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2007 3:47 pm

iowan wrote:
i would assume if you want to compete in usaci.... tl... cause that is what they use for metering at all comps... am i right??? anyone???

Unless you are going for a recored. Then it is donw with the b and K.
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/christopherjeffery
iowan
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
iowan

PostSubject: Re: whats the diff between meters?   whats the diff between meters? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2007 4:07 pm

lol... i stand corrected... thanx crash... so who used the bnk instead of the tl to impress their friends???
Back to top Go down
Kicker Kevin
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Kicker Kevin

Number of posts : 1376
Registration date : 2007-06-29

PostSubject: Re: whats the diff between meters?   whats the diff between meters? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2007 4:39 pm

How much did you pay for your B&K run?
Back to top Go down
loburbon
loburbon

PostSubject: Re: whats the diff between meters?   whats the diff between meters? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2007 4:57 pm

35$ custom sound works in lubbock tx, mike jones is the one who metered it for me.
Back to top Go down
Kicker Kevin
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Kicker Kevin

Number of posts : 1376
Registration date : 2007-06-29

PostSubject: Re: whats the diff between meters?   whats the diff between meters? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2007 5:15 pm

loburbon wrote:
35$ custom sound works in lubbock tx, mike jones is the one who metered it for me.

$35 for the B&K? Dang that is cheap.
Back to top Go down
loburbon
loburbon

PostSubject: Re: whats the diff between meters?   whats the diff between meters? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2007 5:20 pm

he said come down and well meter it but when i got down there they didn't have their tl on site and i drove 120 miles so he just used the b&k. but like my first post stated is it normal for they b&k to be lower then a tl?
Back to top Go down
mod4000
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
mod4000

Number of posts : 1093
Registration date : 2007-06-21

PostSubject: Re: whats the diff between meters?   whats the diff between meters? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2007 5:30 pm

loburbon wrote:
he said come down and well meter it but when i got down there they didn't have their tl on site and i drove 120 miles so he just used the b&k. but like my first post stated is it normal for they b&k to be lower then a tl?

Come to Midland and you can run on my TL.
432-661-6113- Rob
Back to top Go down
kasey
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
kasey

Number of posts : 1146

PostSubject: Re: whats the diff between meters?   whats the diff between meters? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2007 5:31 pm

im fuixing to start saving my pennys to get me a TL soon i need to test my car and find my sweet spot
Back to top Go down
loburbon
loburbon

PostSubject: Re: whats the diff between meters?   whats the diff between meters? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2007 6:08 pm

mod4000 wrote:
loburbon wrote:

Come to Midland and you can run on my TL.
432-661-6113- Rob

hell yea i live in lovington new mexico so that will be about an hour and a half drive i can do that....i just got to wait until i get my amp back, it fried on me yesterday while metering. 505-631-7811 chris
Back to top Go down
aphinney
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
aphinney

PostSubject: Re: whats the diff between meters?   whats the diff between meters? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2007 7:32 pm

ok...the TL is used for outlaw....
RECORD runs are used with the BNK brad...

and the bnk is a very expensive meter compared to the TL

and mike jones has his own BNK so that is why his price is prob cheaper then usac
Back to top Go down
loburbon
loburbon

PostSubject: Re: whats the diff between meters?   whats the diff between meters? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2007 8:13 pm

cost aside what i was asking about being lower, is it normal to read lower db numbers on the bnk then the tl? not cost, numbers. i ask because yesterday was the first time i had ever seen or heard of a b&k meter. so i know nothing about them. also i ask because everyone talks about tl being accurate compared to ac's not being accurate and so forth. Question
Back to top Go down
mschwitz
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
mschwitz

Number of posts : 1125
Registration date : 2007-06-26

PostSubject: Re: whats the diff between meters?   whats the diff between meters? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2007 9:29 pm

From what I know the B&K will read lower than a TL, up to 1db or more sometimes. Yes it is normal though.
Back to top Go down
loburbon
loburbon

PostSubject: Re: whats the diff between meters?   whats the diff between meters? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2007 9:31 pm

cool thats what i was trying to find out, thanks.
Back to top Go down
aphinney
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
aphinney

PostSubject: Re: whats the diff between meters?   whats the diff between meters? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2007 10:21 pm

sometimes the bnk is up a db or down a db..it is different every time
Back to top Go down
charlesestes
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
charlesestes

Number of posts : 1009
Registration date : 2007-06-25

PostSubject: Re: whats the diff between meters?   whats the diff between meters? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2007 10:54 pm

so far this year its been .5 down on every run ive tried, and ive been on it a few times,lol. in the past its been about 1 db higher but since finals last year after they "recalibrated it" its been down.
Back to top Go down
iowan
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
iowan

PostSubject: Re: whats the diff between meters?   whats the diff between meters? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2007 9:37 am

interesting...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: whats the diff between meters?   whats the diff between meters? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

whats the diff between meters?
Page 1 of 1