Mobile Audio Competitors Organization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LOUDEST SPORT ON EARTH!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Joint Finals a success. USACI numbers down due to very remote (from USACI) location but better than expected. Results posted on web site.
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» STETSOM 7KD
Optima yellow top battery Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2020 7:37 pm by big bass joel

» any blown stetsom 7kd or 2k6d amps for sale
Optima yellow top battery Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 7:32 pm by big bass joel

» We need the forums back
Optima yellow top battery Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 2:41 pm by svillarrial

» THIS OLD FORUM IS ALIVE!!!! 6/14/17
Optima yellow top battery Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 11:11 pm by 80INCHES

» It's back up !
Optima yellow top battery Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 7:03 pm by chrisfish

» 2 Atomic apocalypse 12s D4
Optima yellow top battery Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 12:53 am by supersquirt

» well hello
Optima yellow top battery Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 5:46 am by TAMU

» WELLLWELLL
Optima yellow top battery Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 4:24 pm by Nice

» SLAMBOREE AUG 1 & 2
Optima yellow top battery Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 12:14 pm by Pro_Mom

Top posters
sanman
Optima yellow top battery Vote_lcapOptima yellow top battery Voting_barOptima yellow top battery Vote_rcap 
The_Rowlands
Optima yellow top battery Vote_lcapOptima yellow top battery Voting_barOptima yellow top battery Vote_rcap 
chrisfish
Stingraysevenout
scionsoloxb
TECH114
Alan
supadave
Moparbass28
Navi
Statistics
We have 1855 registered users
The newest registered user is Farenheit

Our users have posted a total of 222582 messages in 12665 subjects
Keywords
finals Audiopipe records stereo 80inches silence louisiana Johncarr pics build quad 2010 dollar world disc songs crzyblondgrl chef record contest state broken drive crank kyle globe
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of United States Autosound Competition International on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Mobile Audio Competitors Organization on your social bookmarking website

Optima yellow top battery

Go down 
+15
TECH114
bmuhammad1
Iron Maiden
2loudcrew
Crash
cavi_in_kc
Crush
mschwitz
dlechner
dbracer79
jkrob21
Monte B.
jsketoe
txcomp
sqmustang
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
sqmustang
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
sqmustang

Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2007-07-13

Optima yellow top battery Empty
PostSubject: Optima yellow top battery   Optima yellow top battery Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2007 1:23 pm

I am so over the optima battery, I have now gone through my 2nd one in 6 months!!! Evil or Very Mad Anyone with any ideas? I am just frustarted with it. When it works its awesome but they do not last for S^&T!! hahaha. Anyways any suggestions would be awesome. By the way Sketoe, I have been thinking of some new stuff for next year hehehehe. Just keeping ya on your toes buddy. Oh yeah, I havent forgotten about you Muhammed hahahaha. I want to say again, AWESOME JOB AT FINALS!!!! I couldnt be happier for ya bro. Just remember I will not lye down to anyone and you beat me fair and square. That just goes to show that hard work and dedication does pay off!! All of you that are new to this please take a page from Muhammeds work ethic!! Muhammed is Da Man!! Hahahaha
Back to top Go down
txcomp
Admin
Admin
txcomp

Number of posts : 287
Registration date : 2007-06-22

PostSubject: Re: Optima yellow top battery   Optima yellow top battery Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2007 6:38 pm

Get with Erik at Kinetik. I know a lot of the guys in SPL are using them so I would think they would translate to the SQ side pretty easily....
Back to top Go down
http://www.soundoff.org
txcomp
Admin
Admin
txcomp

Number of posts : 287
Registration date : 2007-06-22

PostSubject: Re: Optima yellow top battery   Optima yellow top battery Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2007 6:39 pm

BTW: I cleaned up the doubles in case you were wondering where it went...Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.soundoff.org
jsketoe
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

Number of posts : 1587
Registration date : 2007-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Optima yellow top battery   Optima yellow top battery Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2007 6:57 pm

yup...Kinetik...thanks again James!
Trust me...if you only knew what I've been talking on the phone about for the last 45 minutes LOL...it's great being in your class...it's fun and an honor to compete with you.
Back to top Go down
Monte B.
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor

Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2007-09-05

PostSubject: Re: Optima yellow top battery   Optima yellow top battery Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2007 7:31 pm

I'd also recommend the Kinetik. We've been running a red top Optima for years now in the GTi, but when we don't drive it, it stays on a battery tender in the garage.

A few things to consider about the Kinetik: If you need dual battery posts (top and side), they don't have it. The HC1800 is about the same footprint as the Optima, but about 1-1/2" taller. We have a brand new HC1800 out in the garage to go in the GTi, but we have to rebuild a bunch of stuff under the hood to fit it. That's only because we have a billet aluminum mount for the Optima and that won't work on the Kinetik.

Your Mustang may have plenty of room available, it just depends.

BTW, why are you going through yellow tops so quickly? They are deep cycle batteries and should recharge very well. If you don't drive your car daily (or at least a couple of times a week) I'd highly recommend a battery tender no matter what brand of battery you have in there.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mj-garage.com
jkrob21
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
jkrob21

Number of posts : 1476
Registration date : 2007-06-25

PostSubject: Re: Optima yellow top battery   Optima yellow top battery Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2007 8:29 pm

Like Monte said use a battery tender if your not driving the car often. I have had the same yellow top in my truck for 3 years now and never had a problem. But my truck is a daily driver.
Back to top Go down
dbracer79
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
dbracer79

Number of posts : 1086
Registration date : 2007-06-28

PostSubject: Re: Optima yellow top battery   Optima yellow top battery Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2007 8:34 pm

I sold most of them already.Had 6 of them.
For some reason they are not what they used to be.die fast and too long to recharge.
Back to top Go down
dbracer79
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
dbracer79

PostSubject: Re: Optima yellow top battery   Optima yellow top battery Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2007 8:35 pm

I guess they are good for daily driving,not for burps.
Back to top Go down
dbracer79
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
dbracer79

PostSubject: Re: Optima yellow top battery   Optima yellow top battery Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2007 8:37 pm

check out batcap's newest battery.
Back to top Go down
dlechner
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor

Number of posts : 121

PostSubject: Re: Optima yellow top battery   Optima yellow top battery Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2007 8:45 pm

I too have had my Optima for a few years and it has been good for ME in my daily driver.

James, that sucks man!
Back to top Go down
mschwitz
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
mschwitz

Number of posts : 1125
Registration date : 2007-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Optima yellow top battery   Optima yellow top battery Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2007 10:23 pm

I've never had a problem with any of the yellow tops I've had in my cars for years. Just like any battery they will drain if not on a battery tender when not driving for extended periods of time. I'm in good with them and if there is anything I can do to help or solve your problem I would like to help. I am a strong believer in their batteries and hate to see anyone have problems with them. Pm or email me for more info.
Back to top Go down
Crush
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor

Number of posts : 167
Registration date : 2007-09-10

PostSubject: Re: Optima yellow top battery   Optima yellow top battery Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2007 10:34 pm

we have had no luck with optima either.

we use stingers

haven't tried kinetic

no battery should sit unattended for more than a couple days.
if it is hooked up to something with a draw.

for luck at the 2008 world finals try a battery from wal-mart or autozone.
Back to top Go down
cavi_in_kc
Above Average Contributor

Number of posts : 929
Registration date : 2007-06-24

PostSubject: Re: Optima yellow top battery   Optima yellow top battery Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2007 10:45 pm

I've got a redtop as my starting battery and it's been in there almost since I bought the car, about 5 years now. Beat the heck out of it when I had a system in my car and it's never let me down.
Back to top Go down
Crash
Crash

Number of posts : 782

PostSubject: Re: Optima yellow top battery   Optima yellow top battery Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2007 10:57 pm

I took a red top and attempted to fry it to warrnty it so i could upgrade to a yellow top marine for the little extra. Took 2 hours of dead short and a bunch of melted wire and running my SUV with no alt for a hour and 30 minutes to do the job.
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/christopherjeffery
jsketoe
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

Number of posts : 1587
Registration date : 2007-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Optima yellow top battery   Optima yellow top battery Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2007 11:28 pm

I have had no problems with my yellow top in the GN...I drive it on nice weekends...listen to it during the week. It lives on a battery maintainer pretty much if I'm listening...if it's long term listening it's on the Cascade power supply.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Optima yellow top battery   Optima yellow top battery Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2007 11:49 pm

optima was bought out not to long ago, and the quality is no longer there, I used them for 4yrs but no more. Kinetik for the win
Back to top Go down
cavi_in_kc

PostSubject: Re: Optima yellow top battery   Optima yellow top battery Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2007 12:00 am

Really? I wasn't aware of that. Do you know who bought them out Bruce?
Back to top Go down
2loudcrew
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
2loudcrew

Number of posts : 487

PostSubject: Re: Optima yellow top battery   Optima yellow top battery Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2007 12:30 am

James,

Congrats on your SQ world championship! I remember when my buddy helped you change out that optima in Kansas in August. Kinetik is the way to go.
Back to top Go down
Iron Maiden
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
Iron Maiden

Number of posts : 331

PostSubject: Re: Optima yellow top battery   Optima yellow top battery Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2007 1:30 am

jkrob21 wrote:
Like Monte said use a battery tender if your not driving the car often. I have had the same yellow top in my truck for 3 years now and never had a problem. But my truck is a daily driver.
Well put you took the words right out of my mouth. Have had mine since 03, and still holds great charge but it is a daiy driver. 100% Kinetick they are one step ahead of the competiton
Back to top Go down
bmuhammad1
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor

Number of posts : 318

PostSubject: Re: Optima yellow top battery   Optima yellow top battery Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2007 2:31 am

Whats up James...On the stregnth YOU DA MAN! You derserved that win. You worked hard just like I did and its defenitely paid off for the both of us. But Ive had problems with yellow tops to. I think I might up grade to. It looks like a lot of people swear by Kenetic and I know they had a booth at finals. The thing is that many people need double posted batteries...like myself.
Back to top Go down
TECH114
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
TECH114

Number of posts : 4748

PostSubject: Re: Optima yellow top battery   Optima yellow top battery Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2007 4:38 am

Optima is not the same anymore. There is way too much returns from customers. Plus their price went up drastically. There are much better batt out there.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/infinitisound
dlechner
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor

Number of posts : 121

PostSubject: Re: Optima yellow top battery   Optima yellow top battery Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2007 10:27 am

bmuhammad1 wrote:
Whats up James...On the stregnth YOU DA MAN! You derserved that win. You worked hard just like I did and its defenitely paid off for the both of us. But Ive had problems with yellow tops to. I think I might up grade to. It looks like a lot of people swear by Kenetic and I know they had a booth at finals. The thing is that many people need double posted batteries...like myself.

Muhammad, it helps to have a charger on while listening for hours! Razz
Back to top Go down
sqmustang
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
sqmustang

Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2007-07-13

PostSubject: Re: Optima yellow top battery   Optima yellow top battery Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2007 1:19 pm

Hmmm..................... Thanx for all the replies. I would love to go with Kinetic however I use 4 battery posts. I will have to talk to Wayne and see what he thinks. I do admit I am not the best at keeping the car charge while it is being stored. Even if thats the case I do charge it. Hmmm............. Maybe I have to have it charged all the time on the trickle charge of course. Optimas are expensive B*&%@'s hahaha. I will figure it out but thanx again everyone. By the way great job to you to Laboto!! Beating Scott Owens in port wars!!!! Thats impressive lol. Talk to ya all soon!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Optima yellow top battery   Optima yellow top battery Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2007 2:24 pm

Johnson Controls bought them. They make a lot of batteries for a lot of people, but like a lot of places are more consernd with quanity. All battery prices have gone up, for the simple fact that lead has gone throught the roof.
Back to top Go down
Monte B.
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor

Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2007-09-05

PostSubject: Re: Optima yellow top battery   Optima yellow top battery Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2007 3:47 pm

James - If you think the Optimas are expensive, wait till you price out a Kinetik. Since we've got one in the garage fixing to go into the GTi, I sure hope they are worth their money.

Talk to the folks at Kinetik and you should be able to get a pretty good discount for being a world champ and competitor....we did.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mj-garage.com
bmuhammad1
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor

Number of posts : 318

PostSubject: Re: Optima yellow top battery   Optima yellow top battery Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2007 9:35 pm

Yeah D I guess a charger would have helped lol! The sad thing is that I do have a charger...I just for got to pack it Wink
Back to top Go down
cavi_in_kc

PostSubject: Re: Optima yellow top battery   Optima yellow top battery Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2007 9:36 pm

bruce-bruce wrote:
Johnson Controls bought them. They make a lot of batteries for a lot of people, but like a lot of places are more consernd with quanity. All battery prices have gone up, for the simple fact that lead has gone throught the roof.
Thanks for the info.
Back to top Go down
Iron Maiden
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
Iron Maiden

Number of posts : 331

PostSubject: Re: Optima yellow top battery   Optima yellow top battery Icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2007 12:49 am

Kinetick prices arent much higher than Stinger and much better battery imop.
Back to top Go down
Matt_Sibley

Number of posts : 957

PostSubject: Re: Optima yellow top battery   Optima yellow top battery Icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2007 3:43 pm

Kinetik seems to have great longevity. They also support our sport which is a plus and have some of the best customer service out there. For SQ I think they would do the job and more for you guys.

If you are looking for other options to shop around though, the new Powermaster 12 volt batteries are nice, Northstar Batteries are very powerful, and the Odyssey Batteries. Of the aforementioned batteries though I prefer the AGM style of the Kinetik, powermaster, and Northstars. I believe their technology will provide the longest lifespan. Of the three I believe the Kinetik uses thicker plates, at least over the Northstar, which will help provide more life to the battery. Hope this info helps.
Back to top Go down
http://www.us.airliquide.com
TECH114
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
TECH114

Number of posts : 4748

PostSubject: Re: Optima yellow top battery   Optima yellow top battery Icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2007 3:48 pm

Matt_Sibley wrote:
Kinetik seems to have great longevity. They also support our sport which is a plus and have some of the best customer service out there. For SQ I think they would do the job and more for you guys.

If you are looking for other options to shop around though, the new Powermaster 12 volt batteries are nice, Northstar Batteries are very powerful, and the Odyssey Batteries. Of the aforementioned batteries though I prefer the AGM style of the Kinetik, powermaster, and Northstars. I believe their technology will provide the longest lifespan. Of the three I believe the Kinetik uses thicker plates, at least over the Northstar, which will help provide more life to the battery. Hope this info helps.
Thanks and very informative Matt. I was looking into the Powermaster 12V
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/infinitisound
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Optima yellow top battery   Optima yellow top battery Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Optima yellow top battery
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next