Mobile Audio Competitors Organization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LOUDEST SPORT ON EARTH!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Joint Finals a success. USACI numbers down due to very remote (from USACI) location but better than expected. Results posted on web site.
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» STETSOM 7KD
ext cab dakota Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2020 7:37 pm by big bass joel

» any blown stetsom 7kd or 2k6d amps for sale
ext cab dakota Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 7:32 pm by big bass joel

» We need the forums back
ext cab dakota Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 2:41 pm by svillarrial

» THIS OLD FORUM IS ALIVE!!!! 6/14/17
ext cab dakota Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 11:11 pm by 80INCHES

» It's back up !
ext cab dakota Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 7:03 pm by chrisfish

» 2 Atomic apocalypse 12s D4
ext cab dakota Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 12:53 am by supersquirt

» well hello
ext cab dakota Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 5:46 am by TAMU

» WELLLWELLL
ext cab dakota Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 4:24 pm by Nice

» SLAMBOREE AUG 1 & 2
ext cab dakota Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 12:14 pm by Pro_Mom

Top posters
sanman
ext cab dakota Vote_lcapext cab dakota Voting_barext cab dakota Vote_rcap 
The_Rowlands
chrisfish
Stingraysevenout
scionsoloxb
TECH114
Alan
supadave
Moparbass28
Navi
Statistics
We have 1855 registered users
The newest registered user is Farenheit

Our users have posted a total of 222582 messages in 12665 subjects
Keywords
80inches globe crank louisiana finals Audiopipe pics disc crzyblondgrl stereo record records songs kyle 2010 build Johncarr state drive contest broken world silence chef dollar quad
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of United States Autosound Competition International on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Mobile Audio Competitors Organization on your social bookmarking website

ext cab dakota

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
iowan
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
iowan

Number of posts : 1018
Registration date : 2007-06-22

ext cab dakota Empty
PostSubject: ext cab dakota   ext cab dakota Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2007 12:03 pm

well i just bought a 99 extended cab dakota and was wondering if anybody had any suggestions.. i know the whole subs forward slot port up and all that but i was wondering if anybody has tried anything different
Back to top Go down
iowan
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
iowan

ext cab dakota Empty
PostSubject: Re: ext cab dakota   ext cab dakota Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2007 1:31 pm

street beat
Back to top Go down
iowan
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
iowan

ext cab dakota Empty
PostSubject: Re: ext cab dakota   ext cab dakota Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2007 3:40 pm

????????? plz any help?? suggestions
Back to top Go down
aphinney
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
aphinney

Number of posts : 1305
Registration date : 2007-06-23

ext cab dakota Empty
PostSubject: Re: ext cab dakota   ext cab dakota Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2007 5:04 pm

subs up areo ports to the driver side worked in mine....subs up ports up work also
Back to top Go down
xpl
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
xpl

Number of posts : 152

ext cab dakota Empty
PostSubject: Re: ext cab dakota   ext cab dakota Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2007 9:35 am

Awesome timing on the thread - I just bought a 98 Ext Cab Dakota. Smile

Thank you Smile
Back to top Go down
its_a_sleeper
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
its_a_sleeper

Number of posts : 268
Registration date : 2007-09-02

ext cab dakota Empty
PostSubject: Re: ext cab dakota   ext cab dakota Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2007 7:44 pm

yea i got some tips for you. 1. Buy a Chevy!!!!!! 2. Buy a hatchback..... love ya bro
Back to top Go down
iowan
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
iowan

ext cab dakota Empty
PostSubject: Re: ext cab dakota   ext cab dakota Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2007 2:38 pm

its_a_sleeper wrote:
yea i got some tips for you. 1. Buy a Chevy!!!!!! 2. Buy a hatchback..... love ya bro

that is the funniest thing i heard cause i traded in my firebird for this.... ROFLMFAO... i did drop a tear or two... loved that car... the one thing i didn't love is buying tires and paying tickets.. lol
Back to top Go down
iowan
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
iowan

ext cab dakota Empty
PostSubject: Re: ext cab dakota   ext cab dakota Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2007 2:44 pm

as far as design... i think imma take some advice beings i only got two twelves to work with for now... im gonna build two boxes... 15/in wide, 14 3/4 in deep and 14 in tall... sub forward with a slot port... i took out the padding part and seats but not the plastic below the seats or the plastic above the seat padding... push one to one side the other to the other side and in the middle i should have about 15 inches in the middle of the two for mounting the amp and misc... that is if my calculations are correct
Back to top Go down
xpl
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
xpl

ext cab dakota Empty
PostSubject: Re: ext cab dakota   ext cab dakota Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2007 4:13 pm

Im sticking with the stock look - replacing the head unit (of course) and replacing the stock speakers but retaining their location and the stock grills. As for the back - Im picking up one of those MTX BassSlammer boxes for this. It only holds 10's but it will do for now.

This is just my driver - my project car will come this winter I believe (hope). GOD do I hope - been 2 years since I competed and I am READY to get back in the lanes again.....I miss this stuff.

Someone sell me a Stealth REAL CHEAP already please.
Back to top Go down
PhatSam
Above Average Contributor
Above Average Contributor
PhatSam

Number of posts : 628
Registration date : 2007-06-24

ext cab dakota Empty
PostSubject: Re: ext cab dakota   ext cab dakota Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2007 4:16 pm

Love give me a call and I can help you out. 785-554-2952. You know I like to build. Hehe.
Back to top Go down
xpl
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
xpl

ext cab dakota Empty
PostSubject: Re: ext cab dakota   ext cab dakota Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2007 6:09 pm

believe me - when I find my stealth - I will be calling all KINDS of people over - it will be building time for sure then.

Thanks - you know I will be calling.
Back to top Go down
xpl
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
xpl

ext cab dakota Empty
PostSubject: Re: ext cab dakota   ext cab dakota Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2007 10:51 am

Sorry - I seem to have "hijacked" this thread - was not my intention.

Lets get back to discussing Ext Cab Dodge Dakota's.

Anyone ever try that custom designed encloser that fits under the rear seat and holds 2 10's before? I am curious if it has decent sound or not.

Thank you,
Back to top Go down
iowan
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
iowan

ext cab dakota Empty
PostSubject: Re: ext cab dakota   ext cab dakota Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2007 2:47 pm

i put in two 10" L7s in an ext cab f150 under the rear seat... the box was bigger so we had to mount the seats higher up about 3 inches but it sounded good... it wasn't as loud as i thought it would be but im sure depending on what you put into it you'll be alright... it vibrated the heck out of you though... hope that helps... oh and they were facing downward
Back to top Go down
iowan
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
iowan

ext cab dakota Empty
PostSubject: Re: ext cab dakota   ext cab dakota Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2007 2:48 pm

and the box was sealed
Back to top Go down
xpl
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
xpl

ext cab dakota Empty
PostSubject: Re: ext cab dakota   ext cab dakota Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2007 3:24 pm

Well here is a link to the box that I have found custom built for the Dodge Dakota extended cab. Its shallow - fires up - but the seats do not have to be moved.

It comes loaded with MTX subs (not my "choice" but I can use them til I destroy them).

http://www.bassslammer.com/products/vehicleSpecific/specs/BS_DDXP201_specs.pdf

Its not a bad looking enclosure - never had a plastic one before though. Anyway - I hope it sounds good - otherwise Im gonna build something on my own Smile
Back to top Go down
iowan
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
iowan

ext cab dakota Empty
PostSubject: Re: ext cab dakota   ext cab dakota Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2007 3:48 pm

looks good but if i were you i would do a custom fiberglass... probly get much more airspace for a better sub... just my opinion
Back to top Go down
iowan
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
iowan

ext cab dakota Empty
PostSubject: Re: ext cab dakota   ext cab dakota Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2007 3:50 pm

also you might be able to put a couple under the front seats to
Back to top Go down
xpl
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
xpl

ext cab dakota Empty
PostSubject: Re: ext cab dakota   ext cab dakota Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2008 11:07 am

Ok - so it turns out I am going to do more than just a "small" system in my Dakota.

Turns out my Dakota is going to be my next SPL build. But I have one concern. The stock locations for the speakers - well - suck. The doors have the 6.5" pointing down to the floor and the sub box will cover up the back ones. Not to mention I need new locations for the tweets and the 4", so I am going to need to custom fabricate some door panels I think in order to accommodate all the speakers.

This is SOOOOO gonna rock - but - I have no experience in custom work like that. Most custom I have ever done is building some big-pooter boxes for subs.

Suggestions? Help? Guidance? Someone to do it for me??? Smile
Back to top Go down
iowan
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
iowan

ext cab dakota Empty
PostSubject: Re: ext cab dakota   ext cab dakota Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2008 12:05 pm

i was actually just tossing that around last night and this morning when i was driving to work... you are probly doing a full wall what i had in mind was putting my mids and highs on that wall but in seperate enclosure... as far as the front ones... still don't know what you would be able to do... i think building them into the wall would get you the highs you want because they would probly be hitting you in the head
Back to top Go down
xpl
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
xpl

ext cab dakota Empty
PostSubject: Re: ext cab dakota   ext cab dakota Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2008 12:14 pm

Actually - I am trying to avoid doing the wall.

Right now - I am planning on keeping the enclosure below the glass. that still allows me a box that is basically - 54.5" wide, 16" deep, and 24" tall. Factoring at 3/4" MDF - that is still about 10cu ft of space - more than enough for these 12's.

Although, I will admit, I am having a difficult time figuring out exactly how to incorporate the subs into this enclosure. But I am working on it. It will happen.

But then - I have 4 8's - 4 6.5's - 4 4's - 4 tweets - and then a ton of other stuff - like cd changer - 4 amps - batteries - and a sound processor too.

WOW - how is all this gonna fit in this lil cab?
Back to top Go down
iowan
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
iowan

ext cab dakota Empty
PostSubject: Re: ext cab dakota   ext cab dakota Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2008 7:15 pm

lol... sounds fun... i really don't know what to tell you... i kept in all of the panelling and just took out the back seat... didn't realize it that much room back there... maybe four on the bottom facing out two on top with port up... right now i have two facing up with the port on passenger side and my two twelves on the drivers side... i left the panels like i said.... i think its 14 wide 15.5 tall and 42.5 wide... and it sounds really good... i know it can be louder though
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

ext cab dakota Empty
PostSubject: Re: ext cab dakota   ext cab dakota Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ext cab dakota
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Mobile Audio Competitors Organization :: GENERAL DISCUSSION :: General Discussion :: GENERAL SOUND COMPETITION DISCUSSION-
Jump to: