Mobile Audio Competitors Organization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LOUDEST SPORT ON EARTH!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Joint Finals a success. USACI numbers down due to very remote (from USACI) location but better than expected. Results posted on web site.
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» STETSOM 7KD
Clipboard Mafia Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2020 7:37 pm by big bass joel

» any blown stetsom 7kd or 2k6d amps for sale
Clipboard Mafia Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 7:32 pm by big bass joel

» We need the forums back
Clipboard Mafia Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 2:41 pm by svillarrial

» THIS OLD FORUM IS ALIVE!!!! 6/14/17
Clipboard Mafia Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 11:11 pm by 80INCHES

» It's back up !
Clipboard Mafia Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 7:03 pm by chrisfish

» 2 Atomic apocalypse 12s D4
Clipboard Mafia Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 12:53 am by supersquirt

» well hello
Clipboard Mafia Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 5:46 am by TAMU

» WELLLWELLL
Clipboard Mafia Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 4:24 pm by Nice

» SLAMBOREE AUG 1 & 2
Clipboard Mafia Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 12:14 pm by Pro_Mom

Top posters
sanman
Clipboard Mafia Vote_lcapClipboard Mafia Voting_barClipboard Mafia Vote_rcap 
The_Rowlands
chrisfish
Stingraysevenout
scionsoloxb
TECH114
Alan
supadave
Moparbass28
Navi
Statistics
We have 1855 registered users
The newest registered user is Farenheit

Our users have posted a total of 222582 messages in 12665 subjects
Keywords
state globe records drive broken Audiopipe louisiana stereo pics dollar chef world disc silence crank crzyblondgrl quad songs finals Johncarr build record contest 2010 kyle 80inches
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of United States Autosound Competition International on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Mobile Audio Competitors Organization on your social bookmarking website

Clipboard Mafia

Go down 
+3
jsketoe
txcomp
MAGNATUDE
7 posters
AuthorMessage
MAGNATUDE
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
MAGNATUDE

Number of posts : 81
Registration date : 2007-11-08

Clipboard Mafia Empty
PostSubject: Clipboard Mafia   Clipboard Mafia Icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2007 1:19 am

Who all were the Usaci SQ judges at this years' finals?

Last edited by on Sat Nov 24, 2007 4:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
txcomp
Admin
Admin
txcomp

Number of posts : 287
Registration date : 2007-06-22

Clipboard Mafia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clipboard Mafia   Clipboard Mafia Icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2007 1:44 am

Me, Larry Pagelsdorf, Chris and Melissa Owens and two mexican judges that their names escape me right now.
Back to top Go down
http://www.soundoff.org
jsketoe
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

Number of posts : 1587
Registration date : 2007-06-23

Clipboard Mafia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clipboard Mafia   Clipboard Mafia Icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2007 10:33 am

'Clipboard Mafia'...I think I just pissed myself...LOL.
Back to top Go down
jkrob21
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
jkrob21

Number of posts : 1476
Registration date : 2007-06-25

Clipboard Mafia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clipboard Mafia   Clipboard Mafia Icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2007 10:57 am

jsketoe wrote:
'Clipboard Mafia'...I think I just pissed myself...LOL.

Laughing Laughing Laughing lol!
Back to top Go down
MAGNATUDE
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
MAGNATUDE

Clipboard Mafia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clipboard Mafia   Clipboard Mafia Icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2007 5:00 pm

Thanks Tim

The judging pool is a lil smaller than in the past but you guys got things done ....great job!
Back to top Go down
MAGNATUDE
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
MAGNATUDE

Clipboard Mafia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clipboard Mafia   Clipboard Mafia Icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2007 5:07 pm

Who were the DTS judges? (SQ&Install)
Back to top Go down
dlechner
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor

Number of posts : 121
Registration date : 2007-06-28

Clipboard Mafia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clipboard Mafia   Clipboard Mafia Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2007 12:20 am

Tim and Larry did the sound for DTS. I am not sure who did the install.
Back to top Go down
txcomp
Admin
Admin
txcomp

Clipboard Mafia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clipboard Mafia   Clipboard Mafia Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2007 2:42 am

It's more like a judging puddle instead of a pool anymore. I'd give it wading pool at best nowadays... Cool

Chris Owens was in the install judge for DTS

I also forgot one judge. James (can't remember his last name) was the other install judge.

One intertesting note, all of the judges this year were old school and had been judging off and on for quite a while.
Back to top Go down
tijuana_no
Above Average Contributor
tijuana_no

Number of posts : 709
Registration date : 2007-09-12

Clipboard Mafia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clipboard Mafia   Clipboard Mafia Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2007 3:49 am

THE TWO MEXICAN JUDGES WERE THE BROTHERS IVAN AND JACOBO VAZQUEZ. I WAS HAPPY WITH THE INSTALL SCORE (EXEPT ONE AREA ).BUT THE JUDGE DID A GOOD JOB ,I THOUGHT.THE SOUND CHECK JUDGE I WAS NOT IMPRESS AT ALL . I GOT PERFECT SCORES IN SOME AREAS AND VERY LOW SCORE IN OTHERS IN SQ ,BUT IN Q I GOT PERFECT SCORES WERE THEY WERE LOW IN SQ AND LOW IN Q WERE THET WERE PERFECT IN SQ .

txcomp edit: Removed to prevent a flame war from breaking out.
Back to top Go down
txcomp
Admin
Admin
txcomp

Clipboard Mafia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clipboard Mafia   Clipboard Mafia Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2007 12:18 am

Remember, you had two different sets of judges circulate through your car for the SQ and Q competitions. You also potentially had 2 judges judging from both seats in Q where you wouldn't have if you were in anything but the advanced class in SQ.

People dwell on different things and score things differently. Also people are shaped differently so something that sounds good to one person may sound totally different to someone else.
Back to top Go down
tijuana_no
tijuana_no

Clipboard Mafia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clipboard Mafia   Clipboard Mafia Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2007 1:07 am

sorry, but even that people are different and dwell on different things,there shouldn't be too far apart.so, how you TRAIN your self to equalize for different judges,shouldn't be easier to TRAIN the judges to look for the same things. i do understand your explanation
and agree with it .i just didn't expected the judge to be so far off.
oh, and the judge was the same person for both sound checks.
Back to top Go down
txcomp
Admin
Admin
txcomp

Clipboard Mafia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clipboard Mafia   Clipboard Mafia Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2007 7:23 pm

I'm not sure which car was yours so I can't tell you who judged it.

If you were Consumer Q, then it was Melissa and Chris. If you were Pro, it was Larry and me. I'm not sure if Melissa was in the driver's seat for Q but I was in the driver's seat on our team. Both teams were judging at the same time so I really didn't pay that close of attention to the seating arrangement of the other team.

I agree, scores shouldn't be THAT much different unless something changed. If a speaker was blocked or something like that, it could change your scores dramatically. I was also told that ambient noise in the hall affected other people's staging and imaging scores pretty dramatically.

As far as training, I agree that all of the orgs need to do a better job in training but the fact is, all of the lead SQ judges that worked this year had many years of experience in competition and have quite a bit of background outside of the industry in sound. I truly believe there had to be some outside factor to skew the scores as much as you have stated. I've judged behind both Melissa and Larry and I've been within a few points of both of them in every instance so I don't personally doubt their abilities.

The bottom line is, there isn’t a whole lot we can do about it at this point other than thank you for pointing out what you feel is a major score discrepancy. I will assure you that I will address consistent scoring at finals if I am there next year. 12 months is a long time away and I can’t predict what will happen between now and then.
Back to top Go down
jsketoe
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

Number of posts : 1587
Registration date : 2007-06-23

Clipboard Mafia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clipboard Mafia   Clipboard Mafia Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2007 9:45 pm

Chris was driver and Melissa was passenger in Consumer Q.
Back to top Go down
tijuana_no
tijuana_no

Clipboard Mafia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clipboard Mafia   Clipboard Mafia Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2007 12:57 am

THANX !!! and do agree on the background noise had some effect on the staging .i notice that and that is something i will be working on my car for next year if i am there also.and that was my point (just to point it out) so we all can improve in this sport .i learn alot in this finals and meet alot of great people from competitors to usac people .i am allready planning to improve and hopefully all of us are from
competitors,usac ,judges ans everyone else involve in this events to make'em alot better ( i know usac is allready planning on stuff to make it better).
thanx again
Back to top Go down
BillGass
BillGass

Number of posts : 893
Registration date : 2007-06-25

Clipboard Mafia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clipboard Mafia   Clipboard Mafia Icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2007 10:43 pm

Tim, even though the pool is now reduced to a puddle you had top notch sq judges in my opinion. I don't know the judges from Mexico but I know Larry, Chris, Melissa and yourself are not only top notch but VERY experienced judges. One advantage of only having a few judges is that you don't have to settle for lesser qualified judges to come up with 20 install and sq judges for finals anymore. That was a nightmare when I had to recruit back in '97.

Competitors, you guys were judged by some of the best in the biz and I would feel confident in saying that, regardless of the actual score, your placing was probably dead on in your class for where it should have been.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Clipboard Mafia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clipboard Mafia   Clipboard Mafia Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Clipboard Mafia
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Mobile Audio Competitors Organization :: GENERAL DISCUSSION :: SOUND QUALITY DISCUSSION :: SOUND QUALITY-
Jump to: