Mobile Audio Competitors Organization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LOUDEST SPORT ON EARTH!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Joint Finals a success. USACI numbers down due to very remote (from USACI) location but better than expected. Results posted on web site.
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» STETSOM 7KD
Hello; New here and would like some help in a HU Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2020 7:37 pm by big bass joel

» any blown stetsom 7kd or 2k6d amps for sale
Hello; New here and would like some help in a HU Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 7:32 pm by big bass joel

» We need the forums back
Hello; New here and would like some help in a HU Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 2:41 pm by svillarrial

» THIS OLD FORUM IS ALIVE!!!! 6/14/17
Hello; New here and would like some help in a HU Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 11:11 pm by 80INCHES

» It's back up !
Hello; New here and would like some help in a HU Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 7:03 pm by chrisfish

» 2 Atomic apocalypse 12s D4
Hello; New here and would like some help in a HU Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 12:53 am by supersquirt

» well hello
Hello; New here and would like some help in a HU Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 5:46 am by TAMU

» WELLLWELLL
Hello; New here and would like some help in a HU Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 4:24 pm by Nice

» SLAMBOREE AUG 1 & 2
Hello; New here and would like some help in a HU Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 12:14 pm by Pro_Mom

Top posters
sanman
Hello; New here and would like some help in a HU Vote_lcapHello; New here and would like some help in a HU Voting_barHello; New here and would like some help in a HU Vote_rcap 
The_Rowlands
Hello; New here and would like some help in a HU Vote_lcapHello; New here and would like some help in a HU Voting_barHello; New here and would like some help in a HU Vote_rcap 
chrisfish
Stingraysevenout
scionsoloxb
TECH114
Alan
supadave
Moparbass28
Navi
Statistics
We have 1855 registered users
The newest registered user is Farenheit

Our users have posted a total of 222582 messages in 12665 subjects
Keywords
world globe finals songs records disc silence crzyblondgrl 2010 Audiopipe 80inches stereo build state drive record chef pics kyle broken contest crank dollar Johncarr quad louisiana
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of United States Autosound Competition International on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Mobile Audio Competitors Organization on your social bookmarking website

Hello; New here and would like some help in a HU

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Hondav6

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2012-10-23

Hello; New here and would like some help in a HU Empty
PostSubject: Hello; New here and would like some help in a HU   Hello; New here and would like some help in a HU Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 11:42 pm

Hello,

I'm not into competing or anything, nor am I going to. I'm a casual car audio enthusiast and a music lover. With that said, I recently got my car stolen got all my old stuff stolen out of my car. I just had a basic HU CDE-123 and my old stuff, Boston pro 6.5 components in the front powered by Alpine MRVf-407 and Boston pro 2x12" powered by MRV-1507. Yeah these are old system but I loved the sound quality. Well, needless to say they took it all and I had to abandon the car...

But, now I'm trying to rebuild for my other car, 05 Honda Accord. Long story short, I'm caught in a dilemma because I want to keep my factory unit since it's an integrated system. So, with this plan I was looking at some Hi/Lo processing units like PXE-H660 or the JBL MS-8. My other option is to just get a nice SQ HU with all the controls on board so that it's easier to control up from dash. Under this plan I was looking at CDA-9887.

I'm torn between the two setup. I do plan on getting a nice SQ component system up in front and two 8" subs in the trunk.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you.
Back to top Go down
jkrob21
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
jkrob21

Number of posts : 1476
Registration date : 2007-06-25

PostSubject: Re: Hello; New here and would like some help in a HU   Hello; New here and would like some help in a HU Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2012 9:43 pm

The Honda Accord radio is easy enough to replace. Seems you're an Alpine fan so go with the new PXA-H800 for processing. As far as amplification goes I'd look into Arc Audio, Mosconi, and Hertz/Audison. Front stage choices in my book would include Hybrid Audio, Focal, and again Hertz/Audison.

Just my opinion. Hope it helps.
Back to top Go down
Hondav6

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2012-10-23

PostSubject: Re: Hello; New here and would like some help in a HU   Hello; New here and would like some help in a HU Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 2:05 am

Thanks for the input. Some were recommending Audison bit.one for the integration/processing. What are your thoughts on the processor?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello; New here and would like some help in a HU   Hello; New here and would like some help in a HU Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hello; New here and would like some help in a HU
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Mobile Audio Competitors Organization :: GENERAL DISCUSSION :: SOUND QUALITY DISCUSSION :: SOUND QUALITY-
Jump to: