Mobile Audio Competitors Organization

Mobile Audio Competitors Organization

THE LOUDEST SPORT ON EARTH!

HomePortalCalendarGalleryFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Joint Finals a success. USACI numbers down due to very remote (from USACI) location but better than expected. Results posted on web site.
June 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» THIS OLD FORUM IS ALIVE!!!! 6/14/17
Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:40 am by Canaan

» It's back up !
Thu Jun 16, 2016 7:03 pm by chrisfish

» 2 Atomic apocalypse 12s D4
Wed Feb 24, 2016 12:53 am by supersquirt

» well hello
Sat Sep 26, 2015 5:46 am by TAMU

» WELLLWELLL
Tue Jul 14, 2015 4:24 pm by Nice

» SLAMBOREE AUG 1 & 2
Thu Jul 09, 2015 12:14 pm by Pro_Mom

» July 12th sikeston mo
Thu Jul 09, 2015 12:12 pm by Pro_Mom

» SLAMBOREE AUG 1 & 2
Thu Jul 09, 2015 12:09 pm by Pro_Mom

» Looking to buy a term lab or Audiocontrol RTA
Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:00 am by SPL_300

Top posters
sanman

The_Rowlands

chrisfish

Stingraysevenout

scionsoloxb

TECH114

Alan

supadave

Moparbass28

Navi

Statistics
We have 1856 registered users
The newest registered user is thiago9199

Our users have posted a total of 222582 messages in 12665 subjects
Keywords
american memphis wall song trunk kicker stetsom songs drive beat digital MMATS results world amps build audio audioque battery sale bass street treo cactus port Stock
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking Digg  Social bookmarking Delicious  Social bookmarking Reddit  Social bookmarking Stumbleupon  Social bookmarking Slashdot  Social bookmarking Yahoo  Social bookmarking Google  Social bookmarking Blinklist  Social bookmarking Blogmarks  Social bookmarking Technorati  

Bookmark and share the address of United States Autosound Competition International on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Mobile Audio Competitors Organization on your social bookmarking website

Share | 

PLEASE READ!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
solo1
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor

Number of posts : 428
Registration date : 2007-06-22

PostSubject: PLEASE READ!!   Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:48 pm

First topic message reminder :

This is a pm I sent to ralph last week, before the other post about changes was even made. Ralph has not read it yet and I also sent it onto a few others in hopes that something may change. Let me just say that this is just my point of view, but from what ive read in the past week or so it seems that alot of competitors or people that would like to compete think something needs to change. Im sure this will get blown way out of text like the other thread but this is just my opinion, take it for what its worth. This is the only post im gonna make,either you agree in some form or fashion or you dont, I dont have time or care to fight and bicker back and forth about changes, this is just one persons point of view.

Ralph,

Id like to take a few minutes of your time to discuss the issues I see with usaci and what can be done to make it better. Let me just start off by saying that I love the outlaw format, this is where myself and alot of my teamates (team sweep) started competing on a national level, but in its current state neither myself or my team really have the desire to run it anymore. Id like you to keep an open mind while reading this and any comparisons, accusations etc. made are not harshly intended but to try and help. I have some really good ideas that could get your manufacturers and comeptitors back.

The #1 reason you have lost competitors and manufactures is the 4 ohm rating. The 4 ohm rating determines what spl class your in. This needed to be changed years ago and no matter what buisness your in you have to stay relavant. The biggest issues with it are you have probably 75% or more of your competitors using the same amplifier from a small company that probably doesnt even sponsor usaci. The rest of them are sponsored by db drive and run unlimited or run street beat. Their maybe another company that does ok like b2 audio that just really started hitting the scene but for the most part all the competitors are using an rd audio d5 in the lower power classes and pretty much all of them have been won with the same amp for the last 3 years or so. Now why would any big name car audio company sponsor usaci when nobody is using their equipment. Then on the other hand why would someone want to compete in usaci if they have to go buy an $800+ amp of this certain brand just to be competitve in the lowest class available. The main reason for the loss of competitors is cost. Just to be competitve in lowest class,stock 0-600 it would cost $5k plus if your just starting out. Then another factor is, why would a manufacter want to help a competitor for a organization that they dont sponsor or they would have no chance of winning because of the 4 ohm rating. The fact is the companies that are winning dont have to sponsor people because everyone needs that particular amp to win so theyll pay for it.

Another issue is everyone using these supercaps in place of batteries. The rules say unlimited amount of caps which should mean car audio caps xx farad. But people have took it to the extreme and are using banks of 2.5v supercaps in place of batteries. Fact is a bank of these are stronger than a battery and alot of poeple are running like 3-4 banks in the lowest classes. So with the battery limit being 2, they are basically using 4. Something should be done about this, its not what the rule is intended for. And also why would a battery company want to sponsor usaci when nobody is competing with their batteries.

What I purpose should be done, and competitors have been begging for it for years is get rid of the 4ohm rating system and make the classes determined by the highest rms rating of the amplifier. That way you can have amps that are competitve with each other no matter what ohm their rated at. For instance look at kicker, all their amps are rated at 2 ohm, why would anyone want to compete with their amps in usaci, when they can fit 2 or 3 amps of the same power in the same class, just doesnt make much sence. You should have close to the same power in each class no matter what brand of amp you use. Thats not the case at all as of now. You can also lower the cost of competing by doing this. You can say have the lowest class 0-3000watts with a limit of 2 amps. Just about every company out there has a 1500 and 3000watt amp. Something like this will give a much wider range of manufacturers as well. I mean look at MWSPL theyve gotten huge and Id be willing to bet thier finals has a higher attendance than usaci this year. Heres why. Its way more cost affective for the competitor and manufacturers are sposoring them because people are using a wide variety of equipment. Also their finals is free and they have a payout. Like it or not they have something figured out.

Another thing is why did you ever get rid of basic stock? It did really well and gave amatuers a chance to compete on a national level. To keep thriving you have to get new people in the door at finals. As of now nobody wants to start out knowing they are going to finals to lose to a 160 in the lowest spl class. It takes years and alot of money to get to the point that most people in stock classes are at. Why would a amatuer want to compete against a 5+ year veteran?

Heres kinda what I was thinking in class devolpment, Its just off the top of my head and may need tweaked but its a start. I think something like this would work well and Ive talked to other teammates and competitors that think its a good idea as well. I also think that the street beat classes should have a power cap as well, they have gotten way out of hand when the lowest class with 2 tens and 20k power does 158-159s. Anyway I hope some of this was helpful, Id really love to see Usaci thrive again and get teamsweep and other competitors back in the lanes!

MAX RMS AMP RATINGS

AMATUER STOCK/ 15.5V MAX
Amatuer stock 0-1500 watts/ 1 battery/ 1 amp
Amatuer stock 0-3000 watts/ 2 batteries/ 2 amps

STOCK/15.5v MAX
Stock 0-3000 watts/2 batteries/ 2 amps
Stock 3000-6000watts/3 batteries/ 4 amps
Stock 6000-12,000 watts/6 batteries/ 6 amps

PRO STOCK/18v MAX
Pro stock 0-6000 watts/3 batteries/ 4 amps
Pro stock 6000-12,000 watts/6 batteries/ 6 amps
Pro stock unlimited

MODIFIED/18V MAX
Modified 0-10,000 watts/6 batteries/ 4 amps
Modified 10,000-20,000 watts/12 batteries/ 8 amps
Modified unlimited

SUPER MODIFIED/18V MAX
Super modified 0-20,000 watts/unlimited/ 8 amps
Super modified unlimited
Back to top Go down
View user profile

AuthorMessage
Alan
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!

Number of posts : 3897
Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE READ!!   Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:04 am

Spl is not a spectator sport. The goal is to bring competitors back to the lanes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Anton Miller
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor

Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2012-11-01

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE READ!!   Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:46 am

I READ IT ALL....

i laughed.

do you guys really compete at finals for ONE single 30 second of fame? damn i didnt know usaci wasnt head to head... thats kinda shity haha
Back to top Go down
View user profile
taz
Above Average Contributor

Number of posts : 797
Registration date : 2007-06-29

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE READ!!   Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:59 pm

Anton Miller wrote:
I READ IT ALL....

i laughed.

do you guys really compete at finals for ONE single 30 second of fame? damn i didnt know usaci wasnt head to head... thats kinda shity haha

and what org gives you more , does someone put you on espn or on the cover of a mag. , or give you a real gold medal , didnt think so . start some drama some place else please .
Back to top Go down
View user profile
taz

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE READ!!   Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:02 pm

Anton Miller wrote:
I READ IT ALL....

i laughed.

and there is lots of sports that competetors go one at a time , not always one on one , do i like the head to head , yes , but thats another org .... so not all need to be the same.........
Back to top Go down
View user profile
chrysler300
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor

Number of posts : 78
Registration date : 2012-03-10

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE READ!!   Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:14 pm

x2
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alan
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE READ!!   Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:23 pm

Anton Miller wrote:
I READ IT ALL....

i laughed.

Wow.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Anton Miller
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE READ!!   Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:38 pm

How does it work? U just get the 2 runs and that's it?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alan
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE READ!!   Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:44 pm

Yeah. Its not super exciting for spectators. Ive mentioned changing it up a few times. Simply making one class run though at the same time or something. Like now some guy goes through in a stock 0-6 car then some guy runs next 10db higher in a walled mod van.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
n8skow
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor

Number of posts : 97
Registration date : 2009-01-30

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE READ!!   Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:46 pm

Anton - you get (2) back-to-back 30 second runs, and there is a few advantages to the solo-style format:

At the end of the show, the loudest score in a class wins first, second loudest wins second, and so on - where as in the bracket style setup - seed placement can greatly affect the outcome.

Example: Lets say there's a full bracket in a class of 8 competitors - if the loudest competitor in the class qualifies with a really low score (aka sandbagging) he/she would then run against the guy/girl with the highest qualifying score (the 'actual' second loudest guy) and knock him out on the first run versus the the final round. Not a very common occurrence - but simply illustrates how your qualifying number affects the other people in your class.

The 3rd/4th place slot is generally the area of most confusion for newer competitors since 3rd and 4th are in opposite brackets and don't get to run against each other (3rd place is determined by who has the higher incoming score between the 3rd and 4th place qualifiers)... Not having a full-bracket also muddies things since the top guys may get a by-run while the lower scores duke it out first.

The solo-style format kind of encourages people not to sandbag - as you want to put up the highest number in your class - or end up paying for additional re-run(s) if someone beats your score.

There is also the potential for a quicker running show (depending on how many reruns there are) since each car would 'ideally' go thru the lane once, rather than multiple stagings, (but in practice, the shows seem to run just as long as other formats...)

Personally I prefer the head-to-head too, I want to see/run against the other guy in the lane, not just a number on the dry erase board, but to each their own. Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Anton Miller
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE READ!!   Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:53 pm

i get the advantages but like you say i like the game of the brackets Smile especially in a music class Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TAMU
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

Number of posts : 1548
Registration date : 2007-06-23

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE READ!!   Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:18 pm

try it you may like it,cant hurt one bit to try.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.juggmaster.com
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!

Number of posts : 12087

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE READ!!   Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:34 pm

i have done both orgs, and like both formats the main reason is because they are not the same.

the influx of MWSPL guys coming on here to asl ?'s to me is awsome, but i do feel most of it it to simply start Dung Pile and for that if it applies to you then you are the peice of Dung Pile. if it is not your attention then my words will not affect you in any way
Back to top Go down
View user profile
taz

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE READ!!   Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:14 pm

hear hear....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BBGIC
Big Bald Guy in Charge
Big Bald Guy in Charge

Number of posts : 2358

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE READ!!   Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:30 pm

Good Job!

Greg McCool
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

Number of posts : 1960
Registration date : 2007-09-05

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE READ!!   Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:36 pm

I always enjoyed watching people pull there cars in the lanes, setting them and watching #'s they worked hard for. But I guess I'm not like everyone else.
I don't believe there is a magic rule or class that's going to make all the competitors flock back in to the lanes. I could be wrong but I doubt it. Btw I've been trying to think of a non spectator sport but I can't think of any off the top of my head.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Anton Miller
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE READ!!   Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:38 pm

The spectators are your peers and fellow competitors.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
chrisfish
I own this joint!
I own this joint!

Number of posts : 6521
Registration date : 2009-05-16

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE READ!!   Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:03 pm

Anton Miller wrote:
The spectators are your peers and fellow competitors.
Exactly! Nobody else cares .lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Anton Miller
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE READ!!   Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:05 pm

Why would they? Only way they would is if it was more exciting and more broadly know what is going on when they here a buzz and a number shows up.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Greg McCool
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE READ!!   Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:19 pm

Just look at all the YouTube hits on people that don't even compete. And you say it's not a spectator sport... They make more off YouTube than in the lanes. You ask why? I say promotions or lack there of.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Anton Miller
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE READ!!   Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:20 pm

Dude no one wants to see a number

They wanna see a hot chick in next to nothing getting her hair messed up. If you can make a class like that I bet u'll become an espn show!!!

Last edited by Anton Miller on Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Anton Miller
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE READ!!   Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:21 pm

Wow sorry. Phone blows for posting lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The_Rowlands
I own this joint!
I own this joint!

Number of posts : 7398
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE READ!!   Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:36 am

LOL HAIR TRICKS ARE FREAKIN OLD AND THE ONES THAT VID THEM AINT EVEN LOUD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The_Rowlands
I own this joint!
I own this joint!

Number of posts : 7398
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE READ!!   Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:38 am

WELL OK LOUD BUT NOT COMP LOUD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE READ!!   Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:18 am

a blow dryer can move hair

"is that exciting"

people see a number and wanna know how loud is that really, well have them sit in the vehicle and find out.

somoene at finals thought craig butlers 180+ db port score was bogus because noone held the censo so i said yah sit in it and fine out i bet you dont survive
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Greg McCool
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE READ!!   Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:35 am

The_Rowlands wrote:
WELL OK LOUD BUT NOT COMP LOUD

100% agree!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Anton Miller
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE READ!!   Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:52 am

love stories are old, but people still pay big bucks to go watch movies about em... idk just my thoughts. you can take it or leave it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stingraysevenout
I own this joint!
I own this joint!

Number of posts : 6002

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE READ!!   Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:53 pm

hey now hey now anton is onto something here half naked and hairtricks... Ill join the class .. okay guys sorry this old man got excited for a minute
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE READ!!   Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:23 pm

the wind makes you excited now a days lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
maddog
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor

Number of posts : 452
Registration date : 2010-06-15

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE READ!!   Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:31 pm

Most people still think hair tricks are cool, especially people who don't compete, so I say keep it going. As far as competing goes, the main thing that keeps people from competing is money so why not have a MSRP class. say like a 1000 or even a 500 dollar msrp class. just an idea. Also, I agree with what Alan was saying about having power limits in street beat. Here are my proposed classes:

sb 1 4 points 2000w 2 battery max 15v max sub chart
sb 2 6 points 4000w 3 battery max 15v max 10" 2pts 12" 3pts 15" 6pts
sb 3 12 points 8000w 4 battery max 15v max 18" 8pts
sb 4 open open no limit 18v max

I also think that changing the points on the subs would be helpful as well.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
BBGIC
Big Bald Guy in Charge
Big Bald Guy in Charge

Number of posts : 2358

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE READ!!   Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:13 pm

Anton Miller wrote:
I READ IT ALL....

i laughed.

The loudest car wins that way. :-)

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE READ!!   

Back to top Go down

PLEASE READ!!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next