Mobile Audio Competitors Organization

Mobile Audio Competitors Organization

THE LOUDEST SPORT ON EARTH!

HomePortalCalendarGalleryFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Joint Finals a success. USACI numbers down due to very remote (from USACI) location but better than expected. Results posted on web site.
August 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» THIS OLD FORUM IS ALIVE!!!! 6/14/17
Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:40 am by Canaan

» It's back up !
Thu Jun 16, 2016 7:03 pm by chrisfish

» 2 Atomic apocalypse 12s D4
Wed Feb 24, 2016 12:53 am by supersquirt

» well hello
Sat Sep 26, 2015 5:46 am by TAMU

» WELLLWELLL
Tue Jul 14, 2015 4:24 pm by Nice

» SLAMBOREE AUG 1 & 2
Thu Jul 09, 2015 12:14 pm by Pro_Mom

» July 12th sikeston mo
Thu Jul 09, 2015 12:12 pm by Pro_Mom

» SLAMBOREE AUG 1 & 2
Thu Jul 09, 2015 12:09 pm by Pro_Mom

» Looking to buy a term lab or Audiocontrol RTA
Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:00 am by SPL_300

Top posters
sanman

The_Rowlands

chrisfish

Stingraysevenout

scionsoloxb

TECH114

Alan

supadave

Moparbass28

Navi

Statistics
We have 1856 registered users
The newest registered user is thiago9199

Our users have posted a total of 222582 messages in 12665 subjects
Keywords
lilredtiva 2000 quad
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking Digg  Social bookmarking Delicious  Social bookmarking Reddit  Social bookmarking Stumbleupon  Social bookmarking Slashdot  Social bookmarking Yahoo  Social bookmarking Google  Social bookmarking Blinklist  Social bookmarking Blogmarks  Social bookmarking Technorati  

Bookmark and share the address of United States Autosound Competition International on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Mobile Audio Competitors Organization on your social bookmarking website

Share | 

Tell me if this was true....embarrassing of so

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Skip01
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

Number of posts : 2099
Registration date : 2007-07-02

PostSubject: Tell me if this was true....embarrassing of so   Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:10 am

Sooooo DB Drag had like a 30ft tall display with lights and screens for 2 competitors per run

Andddddddd......usaci had a tiny tent with 1 girl running a Acer Laptop to show score on a 15" screen?

This true?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
chrisfish
I own this joint!
I own this joint!

Number of posts : 6521
Registration date : 2009-05-16

PostSubject: Re: Tell me if this was true....embarrassing of so   Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:23 am

All true! Lmao
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Skip01
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Tell me if this was true....embarrassing of so   Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:19 am

That girl had better got paid a few grand for it too be $150 to enter

Back to top Go down
View user profile
audioroach

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2009-04-03

PostSubject: Re: Tell me if this was true....embarrassing of so   Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:58 am

As a dB drag competitor- I enjoyed the show for this reason: It allowed me to experience what the other orgs have to offer. I talked to quite a few of you and looked over your layouts and walked away with the thought of I would like to try it out. Is not the main goal of all orgs is to have fun and bring more "new blood" into the ranks?

@ skip01: I was not able to compete this season ( due to family obligations) but to put it in prospective - the 2008 dB drag finals was held in the same building. If I remember it correctly entry fees them was will into the $200's just for 1 class-$350 for both bass race and drag. And the hall was filled with MORE cars-just something to consider.

As for the tower-it may be an old Kenwood rig ( back in the 90's they had heavily sponsored dB drag events) I remember going to 1x events run by Kenwood and seeing it. I don't know ask Wayne. The "tower" setup was used for big events (3x and 4x)-I don't know how many promoters have one ( I know sam horn had it as well as wayne) But as for one who has never been to a USACI Final-I saw nothing wrong with your setup-until you guys posted. Maybe you can talk to your org head and express a deseire for something different. But it goes back to the point-if we didn't have a unified show you may never have seen it.

I thank all the people who made this possible...it FELT like a show...something my family has not experienced in a very long time. I feel it was a Win in many cases: Vendors may have a few new customers,the orgs may get a few new members -all because of the exposure.

Just try to look at the bigger picture: cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TAMU
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

Number of posts : 1548
Registration date : 2007-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Tell me if this was true....embarrassing of so   Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:19 am

i have tried over the years to tell people what competitors want to see but i see no one ever listens to me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.juggmaster.com
Skip01
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Tell me if this was true....embarrassing of so   Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:56 pm

Whoever sat in the meeting and agreed that this is the way finals was gonna be ran should seriously QUIT

I mean this was finals not a few guys getting together on a Tuesday night to test their setups

Not even a extra monitor , just straight off the laptop?

So unacceptable its laughable
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SPLAddict

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2007-10-09

PostSubject: Re: Tell me if this was true....embarrassing of so   Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:35 pm

**** DISCLAIMER **** this is by no means pointing fingers or placing blame on anyone or any organization. It is my opinion and/or concern.

WTH happened to the sport of car audio compatition? I build systems for competitors who competed back in the hay-days of usaci (98-2003). Finals was HUGE. 75 -100 manufacturers, 300 + competitors, 100+ SQ cars. Where did it all go. This was the first finals I had been to since 2004. I thought since all 3 major orgs were coming together then it would on par with the good 'ol days. After all, many of the manufactures wanted this joint finals years ago.
Needless to say, that I knew I was going to be disappointed just by seeing the parking lot. Then I was totally floored and heartbroken when I saw what awaited inside. ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME...less than 12 manufacturers? less than 20 SQ cars? At most 100 SPL vehicles? FOR ALL 3 ORGINIZATIONS....WTF.
Seriously, I know the ecconomy has a lot to do with this but come on. No manufacturer support...look at USACi home page, of supposed "partners". Out of 15 listed partners. Only 3 or 4 even showed any presence at finals. It appears to me, that this sport is dying fast. I mean if finals can't pull manufacturers and competitors in then nothing will and this sport just need to be pulled off life support and put out of its misery.
Again, what happened to this??
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Upzaw2000
Above Average Contributor

Number of posts : 909
Registration date : 2008-11-03

PostSubject: Re: Tell me if this was true....embarrassing of so   Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:41 pm

location?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SPLAddict

PostSubject: Re: Tell me if this was true....embarrassing of so   Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:55 pm

I don't buy the 'location' thing by itself. Coupled with the economy maybe. But not just location. I say that because for 10 years finals was in KC and look at the turn out.
I understand keeping it in the midwest. Centrally located. that makes sense to me.

And if someone truely didn't got to final (assuming they could affort it) stickly because of location then maybe they are not as good of a competitor as they think they are. Hell I wanted to push myself. Win all the local shows. OK when is next, challenge me. That is the competive spirit.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
SPLAddict

PostSubject: Re: Tell me if this was true....embarrassing of so   Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:08 pm

Sorry Skip01 for hijacking your thread. But some of the things you said are the same things I was saying to myself at the show and wondering if these are reasons for the demise of car audio competition.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!

Number of posts : 12087

PostSubject: Re: Tell me if this was true....embarrassing of so   Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:50 pm

here is what has happend people would rather sit home and \"Female dog\" about finals rather than show up, and support it. this is mainly (on the usaci guys) due to location because its not within 200 mile drive of the house they would rather sit at home and play keybord commando.

"DEDICATION" means more than hitting a few shows, and bitching the rest of the year. you can not and more than likley will not have everything you want in life so get over this Dung Pile and strop acting like a 15 year old.

USACI always has the big ass stage for trophies other than that the little tents are there thang and have been for a while.

if you didnt attend finals as a spectator, or competitor I do notbeleive you have the right to \"Female dog\" about anything period
Back to top Go down
View user profile
chrisfish
I own this joint!
I own this joint!

Number of posts : 6521
Registration date : 2009-05-16

PostSubject: Re: Tell me if this was true....embarrassing of so   Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:09 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Skip01
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Tell me if this was true....embarrassing of so   Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:05 am

Hahaha that's a good pic Fish

If someone doesn't see a problem with our finals setup than you have zeroooo pride in your competition organization

Even IASCA had a big booth for metering

Back to top Go down
View user profile
BBGIC
Big Bald Guy in Charge
Big Bald Guy in Charge

Number of posts : 2358
Registration date : 2007-06-22

PostSubject: Re: Tell me if this was true....embarrassing of so   Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:09 am

Skip01 wrote:
Whoever sat in the meeting and agreed that this is the way finals was gonna be ran should seriously QUIT

I mean this was finals not a few guys getting together on a Tuesday night to test their setups

Not even a extra monitor , just straight off the laptop?

So unacceptable its laughable

you have got to be kidding me. Trash talking idiots need to go find another place to play. We do not need negative people in our lanes. Too many good people who love thsi sport and want to have fun have put up with this long enough.

For the Record:
We had two (2) computers with two (2) 32" screens with the newest version of the Term Lab software that has not been released. We had several people running the meters (plural) including myself. Jenissa, Mike, Ralph, Maria, Johnnny, and Bruce Dufner. Sanman was doing verification. The only point we had only one lane was Sunday when we were printing certificates and verifying the results. We had everything done on time and awards handed out early. Every competitor got a nice trophy and a certificate in a frame.

This event was history in the making. Next year in Kansas City the industry ill see it's rebirth. That said all we get on here is this type of destructive negativity. The only thing unacceptable is people who did not even bother to participate coming on here and reading bold faced lies and then jumping on them just to detract from the reality.

Several very awesome competitors made the trek to the Unified Car Audio world Finals and have the honor of being able to say they were there and participated. Anyone else is until next year, just a spectator.

BBGIC
Big Bald Guy in Charge
Big Bald Guy in Charge

PostSubject: Re: Tell me if this was true....embarrassing of so   Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:22 am

SPLAddict wrote:
**** DISCLAIMER **** this is by no means pointing fingers or placing blame on anyone or any organization. It is my opinion and/or concern.

WTH happened to the sport of car audio compatition? I build systems for competitors who competed back in the hay-days of usaci (98-2003). Finals was HUGE. 75 -100 manufacturers, 300 + competitors, 100+ SQ cars. Where did it all go. This was the first finals I had been to since 2004. I thought since all 3 major orgs were coming together then it would on par with the good 'ol days. After all, many of the manufactures wanted this joint finals years ago.
Needless to say, that I knew I was going to be disappointed just by seeing the parking lot. Then I was totally floored and heartbroken when I saw what awaited inside. ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME...less than 12 manufacturers? less than 20 SQ cars? At most 100 SPL vehicles? FOR ALL 3 ORGINIZATIONS....WTF.
Seriously, I know the ecconomy has a lot to do with this but come on. No manufacturer support...look at USACi home page, of supposed "partners". Out of 15 listed partners. Only 3 or 4 even showed any presence at finals. It appears to me, that this sport is dying fast. I mean if finals can't pull manufacturers and competitors in then nothing will and this sport just need to be pulled off life support and put out of its misery.
Again, what happened to this??

You are correct. The turnout was embarrassing for every competitor in the industry. We told the manufacturers not to bother supporting us because we are too lazy to support ourselves. Excuses are Cow poopy.

However, working to find a positive and build on it is a lot more productive then trying to bury it.

As for USACI, we were WAY our of any region that has support. We have less than 5 shows in the past 5 years within 200 miles of Indianapolis. We knew going in it was gonna be slow. We went anyhow because we believe a joint finals is in the best interest of the industry. Now if only the manufacturers, retailers, and yes competitors would see that then we wouldn't need life support.

Of course with 23 organizations and more each day how in the hell do you convince any manufactures to support anything. And the fair weather competitors jump ship and organizations like they change underwear. Every guy with a Term Lab thinks he's and organization. Every new manufacturer afraid he cannot make it in the larger formats jumps in bed with some new guy for bragging rights. “our product is the 10 time world champion!”. Yea, sure it is, in billy bobs backwoods stereo and pig racing competition..... This is so ignorant.

We are the reason his is dying. Lack of participation, lack of loyalty, and lack of vision. Don't go to the local org just so you can win and be the national champion of two states. Thats the Two State Champion of Car audio and Pig Racing and just means you did not compete against the guys in the other 48 states! I thought only car show guys stayed home unless it was guaranteed they would win a trophy! Go the the real finals and win, or lose to hundreds of other guys who are willing to take the risk to win or lose to you.

We are all to blame. I have been taking the blame and bitching about it for year. For my effort I get slammed and spammed. Still, here I am preaching to an audience of deaf people and I do not know sign language, other than that one with the middle finger! LOL

BBGIC
Big Bald Guy in Charge
Big Bald Guy in Charge

PostSubject: Re: Tell me if this was true....embarrassing of so   Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:24 am

Skip01 wrote:
Hahaha that's a good pic Fish

If someone doesn't see a problem with our finals setup than you have zeroooo pride in your competition organization

Even IASCA had a big booth for metering

IASCA HAD A TRAILER. Wayne had a mega dollar display that I would love to have. USACI has 5 trailers but did not bring them. We did it they way we have for years. Our tower was melted down for scrap.

And if you were not there then you are part of the problem. Stop bitching and start helping.

Upzaw2000

Number of posts : 909
Registration date : 2008-11-03

PostSubject: Re: Tell me if this was true....embarrassing of so   Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:40 am

thats a lot to read....

basically bald dude just said....

"your mom"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
BBGIC
Big Bald Guy in Charge
Big Bald Guy in Charge

PostSubject: Re: Tell me if this was true....embarrassing of so   Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:42 am

Upzaw2000 wrote:
thats a lot to read....

basically bald dude just said....

"your mom"

Finally, someone gets me! LOL

sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!

Number of posts : 12087

PostSubject: Re: Tell me if this was true....embarrassing of so   Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:29 pm

i heard finals is back at the utopia next year
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SPLAddict

PostSubject: Re: Tell me if this was true....embarrassing of so   Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:40 pm

BBGIC wrote:

Of course with 23 organizations and more each day how in the hell do you convince any manufactures to support anything. And the fair weather competitors jump ship and organizations like they change underwear. Every guy with a Term Lab thinks he's and organization. Every new manufacturer afraid he cannot make it in the larger formats jumps in bed with some new guy for bragging rights. “our product is the 10 time world champion!”. Yea, sure it is, in billy bobs backwoods stereo and pig racing competition..... This is so ignorant.

We are the reason his is dying. Lack of participation, lack of loyalty, and lack of vision. Don't go to the local org just so you can win and be the national champion of two states. Thats the Two State Champion of Car audio and Pig Racing and just means you did not compete against the guys in the other 48 states! I thought only car show guys stayed home unless it was guaranteed they would win a trophy! Go the the real finals and win, or lose to hundreds of other guys who are willing to take the risk to win or lose to you.

We are all to blame. I have been taking the blame and bitching about it for year. For my effort I get slammed and spammed. Still, here I am preaching to an audience of deaf people and I do not know sign language, other than that one with the middle finger! LOL

This somewhat goes back to another post about being a real competitor and challenging yourself and what Jeff mentioned as "dedication". So you win and are a world champion in XYZ orginiation that exists only in 2 states. Ok, so what? "but I can't be as loud as the guys in USACi or Drag". Have you tried? Or are you just so content with your little first place championship trophy in XYZ orginaization to see what might be possible. Where is the competitive spirit? If you want to be the best then you need step in with the best. Hell maybe you really are the best. Then get in there and lets see it. Hey im from Missouri so "show me".

I do agree we are all to blame. And I have seen the bitiching and argueing on these forums and probably many manufactures will be turned off by it and not play.

What is all boils down to is support, consumer, retailers, organizations, manufacturers. That support structure is broken and needs to be fixed somehow.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tell me if this was true....embarrassing of so   

Back to top Go down

Tell me if this was true....embarrassing of so
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1