Mobile Audio Competitors Organization

Mobile Audio Competitors Organization

THE LOUDEST SPORT ON EARTH!

HomePortalCalendarGalleryFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Joint Finals a success. USACI numbers down due to very remote (from USACI) location but better than expected. Results posted on web site.
June 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» THIS OLD FORUM IS ALIVE!!!! 6/14/17
Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:40 am by Canaan

» It's back up !
Thu Jun 16, 2016 7:03 pm by chrisfish

» 2 Atomic apocalypse 12s D4
Wed Feb 24, 2016 12:53 am by supersquirt

» well hello
Sat Sep 26, 2015 5:46 am by TAMU

» WELLLWELLL
Tue Jul 14, 2015 4:24 pm by Nice

» SLAMBOREE AUG 1 & 2
Thu Jul 09, 2015 12:14 pm by Pro_Mom

» July 12th sikeston mo
Thu Jul 09, 2015 12:12 pm by Pro_Mom

» SLAMBOREE AUG 1 & 2
Thu Jul 09, 2015 12:09 pm by Pro_Mom

» Looking to buy a term lab or Audiocontrol RTA
Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:00 am by SPL_300

Top posters
sanman

The_Rowlands

chrisfish

Stingraysevenout

scionsoloxb

TECH114

Alan

supadave

Moparbass28

Navi

Statistics
We have 1856 registered users
The newest registered user is thiago9199

Our users have posted a total of 222582 messages in 12665 subjects
Keywords
songs Stock wall street drive digital memphis battery kicker build song bass treo audio port cactus results trunk stetsom beat world amps audioque sale MMATS american
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking Digg  Social bookmarking Delicious  Social bookmarking Reddit  Social bookmarking Stumbleupon  Social bookmarking Slashdot  Social bookmarking Yahoo  Social bookmarking Google  Social bookmarking Blinklist  Social bookmarking Blogmarks  Social bookmarking Technorati  

Bookmark and share the address of United States Autosound Competition International on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Mobile Audio Competitors Organization on your social bookmarking website

Share | 

The Return of SQ

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
BBGIC
Big Bald Guy in Charge
Big Bald Guy in Charge

Number of posts : 2358
Registration date : 2007-06-22

PostSubject: The Return of SQ   Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:59 am

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

John Sketoe has withdrawn his offer to head judge USACI SQ following the series of complaints in the forums regarding SQ at Scrapin the Coast. I do not blame him. He has a reputation to think about and affiliations with SQ manufacturers and organizations that could be damaged if he stays with us on this. I apprecaite all John has done for USACI and wish him the best,

Scrapin the Coast, despite being the largest SPL show in USACI this year and presenting one of the best car shows in the country appears to have been overshadowed by allegations of problems with the USACI SQ judging staff, issues between the staff and SQ competitors, and now threats from competitors in SQ demThe legitimate complaints are being addressed. The political, name calling, and infighting are being treated for what it is worht, and the rest has come to a head and done irrepearable damage to USACI's reputation in SQ. (amazing one show and 13 SQ cars can do so much damage!).

That said USACI is stll dedicated to the growth and production of SQ at local and fianls events regardless of the profitablility of SQ. We are in need of shops to host SQ seminars, competitors and installers to attend these seminars, and people to help judge and organize SQ at USACI Finals and regionals events. I know it is an uphill battle. I know the major forces in SQ are trying to thin the heard and cut USACI out of SQ, and I know most SQ guys are team members of these groups and unable to lend a hand even if thay wanted to. That is why we need new judges, new staff, and new young people who are not politically motivated or beholden to an SQ manufacturer who can make it fun and fair again without having to cater to brand names or suffer their wrath.

If anyone is willing to brave the storm, take on city hall, and prove them all wrong, please post here or send me a PM on the forums. I will arrange for trainings and classes for as many folks as we can muster. Make no mistake, this is going to be a long battle. USACI has survived the last 25 years and with a new SQ start, new SQ staff, and new SQ vigor we will get back in the drivers seat for another 25 years.

Thank you for your time....

saltybeanbag

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2011-04-09

PostSubject: Re: The Return of SQ   Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:04 am

Im not big on politics surprisingly enough considering i am the captain of a very dominant manufacturer team. I want to see all SQ formats in the 3 major multiformat leagues survive and flourish. All leagues have something different to offer in SQ and USACi has a very good class structure format and amazing scoresheet setup.
I have kept my mouth shut in the matter but now would like to encourage people to curb the bickering and unite to strengthen the format provided. The class structure works well, a good focus on judges training is whats needed. Please dont keep manufacturer based judges out of the mix, all leagues have them. Sound is subjective but a good education can keep things on track.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
listen2me95

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2012-07-04

PostSubject: Re: The Return of SQ   Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:25 am

To piggy back on the issues below...I have experienced similar issues on the North East. There were several shows that they did not have even a score sheet for SQ nonetheless a judge. I am still waiting for 2 trophies that Mark had promised.

At this time there is no one out here in the north east for any shows all year for either SPL or SQ.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BBGIC
Big Bald Guy in Charge
Big Bald Guy in Charge

Number of posts : 2358
Registration date : 2007-06-22

PostSubject: Re: The Return of SQ   Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:10 am

Mark is no longer with us. We have had4 shows out there and skill have had sq. I know of at least 3 more this year that will host sq. We are hiring a judge in Philadelphia and plan to add another in the upper area. Anyone wanting to host or run events should call ASAP.

chrisfish
I own this joint!
I own this joint!

Number of posts : 6521
Registration date : 2009-05-16

PostSubject: Re: The Return of SQ   Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:26 am

I will be offering sq in Denver August 18th
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SoundoffFocus

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2007-07-15

PostSubject: Re: The Return of SQ   Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:02 pm

I am willing to help. I love SQ. I have been out of it for a while but always looking to get the " SQ Bug" back.

Chris, Where in Denver is your show. I will be down to atleast spectate, as I don't think I will have anything ready by then.

Tim
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Return of SQ   

Back to top Go down

The Return of SQ
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1