Mobile Audio Competitors Organization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LOUDEST SPORT ON EARTH!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Joint Finals a success. USACI numbers down due to very remote (from USACI) location but better than expected. Results posted on web site.
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» STETSOM 7KD
SQ at SCRAPIN= Disappointment... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2020 7:37 pm by big bass joel

» any blown stetsom 7kd or 2k6d amps for sale
SQ at SCRAPIN= Disappointment... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 7:32 pm by big bass joel

» We need the forums back
SQ at SCRAPIN= Disappointment... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 2:41 pm by svillarrial

» THIS OLD FORUM IS ALIVE!!!! 6/14/17
SQ at SCRAPIN= Disappointment... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 11:11 pm by 80INCHES

» It's back up !
SQ at SCRAPIN= Disappointment... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 7:03 pm by chrisfish

» 2 Atomic apocalypse 12s D4
SQ at SCRAPIN= Disappointment... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 12:53 am by supersquirt

» well hello
SQ at SCRAPIN= Disappointment... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 5:46 am by TAMU

» WELLLWELLL
SQ at SCRAPIN= Disappointment... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 4:24 pm by Nice

» SLAMBOREE AUG 1 & 2
SQ at SCRAPIN= Disappointment... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 12:14 pm by Pro_Mom

Top posters
sanman
SQ at SCRAPIN= Disappointment... - Page 3 Vote_lcapSQ at SCRAPIN= Disappointment... - Page 3 Voting_barSQ at SCRAPIN= Disappointment... - Page 3 Vote_rcap 
The_Rowlands
SQ at SCRAPIN= Disappointment... - Page 3 Vote_lcapSQ at SCRAPIN= Disappointment... - Page 3 Voting_barSQ at SCRAPIN= Disappointment... - Page 3 Vote_rcap 
chrisfish
Stingraysevenout
scionsoloxb
TECH114
Alan
supadave
Moparbass28
Navi
Statistics
We have 1855 registered users
The newest registered user is Farenheit

Our users have posted a total of 222582 messages in 12665 subjects
Keywords
80inches 2010 finals broken dollar records disc contest pics Johncarr record crzyblondgrl Audiopipe stereo build louisiana chef songs kyle crank state drive quad silence world globe
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of United States Autosound Competition International on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Mobile Audio Competitors Organization on your social bookmarking website

SQ at SCRAPIN= Disappointment...

Go down 
+25
JLG Entertainment
BBGIC
USACiGC
Iron Maiden
ironmaiden1967
OnYrMrk
twistedchild420
ShowB
Cablguy
linearpower
SQ_MGB
Alarm God
SPL KID
nebrsq
basher8621
TAMU
chrisfish
PerformanceTyler
F3M4
6APPEAL
tj lacharite
Alan
jsketoe
jkrob21
TeamTCA
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
TeamTCA
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
TeamTCA

Number of posts : 195
Registration date : 2009-08-15

SQ at SCRAPIN= Disappointment... - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: SQ at SCRAPIN= Disappointment...   SQ at SCRAPIN= Disappointment... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 8:42 pm

First topic message reminder :

I normally try to keep my mouth shut but sometimes things just need to be put out in the open. We just returned from Scrapin' the Coast in Biloxi today. While the show itself, which is mainly a huge car/truck show, was pretty awesome, the stereo competition was pathetic. I don't have a final car show entry total yet but I would assume they had well over 1500 vehicles at a minimum. Over 8000 spectators through the gate on Saturday alone. They sold ALL 2400 event tshirts, too (at $20 ea.).

I took my Camaro and had a customer & friend (Dustin Daigle) from New Orleans also bring his car (which was his FIRST show with NEW build this year). Ray from Linear/Blues had 5 guys competing including himself (one of which was ALSO a NEW true FIRST-time sq guy). An old friend and long time USACi supporter, Ralph Leake, was also there with a car entered (he also had a few in SPL). James Halter, also a good friend, was also there but did not compete but made the trip to demo some of his subs (there was 1 entry from TX). All of which bringing the TOTAL SQ "turnout" to NINE VEHICLES. SPL entries were over 150 according to the guys running the show (which btw were two- one on meter & one on mic).

I was made aware early Saturday morning that there was NOT a "certified SQ" judge even at the event. Now after a little confusion I was notified that one of the guys running SPL would be the SQ judge (sound & install). This was an apparent major problem with several at the show, not because of former "team affiliations" and a now severed relationship, but rather that the guy was NOT really an SQ judge nor had any background of ever having judged SQ at any event before. Please understand that this is in NO way a personal attack to any of those parties involved. I am simply stating the record.

In an attempt to rectify the problem, Ray had called Ralph and explained he situation. We BOTH ended up speaking with Ralph and I agreed to work with Ray and that if needed we would both judge any vehicles that either of us had in the same class or wherever there would have been a conflict. As it all worked out, being ONLY 9 SQ competitors total, NO two were in the same class, so everyone WON by default. No judging or contraversy involved in the final outcome (getting there- a different story).

Now with my thoughts on this event and basically ALL the rest for that matter...
1. No reason why MORE SQ competitors could not have SHOWED up for this event! There were show trucks from all over the country there (Maryland & Arizona I know for a fact).
2. SPL guys showed up by the tons- Bigger than Finals.
3. Huge venue, well organized car/truck show judging.
4. Well promoted event, it's 10th Anniversary this year!
5. Plenty of hotels, restaurants, and entertainment close-by- an added bonus.
6. Piss-poor 12v manufacturer support, although props to Kinetik, Memphis, MTX, Polk Audio, and whoever I forgot.

Every single SQ person (myself & the other 8 folks), all spent hard earned money, took off work, etc to get to this show and have our cars JUDGED! Not buy a trophy & points which is exactly what happened. Now I have been doing this for a long time and realize that things like this happen sometimes but frankly I am quite tired of it. I don't have to even have points for Finals (Xtreme class) but I try to show my support for this and other organizations whenever and however I can but enough is enough. Event promotors take NO priority in SOUND QUALITY hardly ever and this show is only further proof of the continued decline of SQ. This is not aimed solely at Greg, who hosts Scrapin, either. But it costs the same $50 to enter SPL as it does SQ. And if you can have/plan a successful event for 10 years that people enjoy and continue to return to from all over the country, CAN'T you find at least ONE well-known, proven, certified, SOUND guy, to judge a handful of cars????

I have been gone for 5 days attending this event, spent over $2000, and didn't work for 3 days myself at my shop only to return with a $50 (nice) gold metal 1st place cup for a car I am very proud of that wasn't even judged. Btw, I had NO MANUFACTURER support or monetary reimburement either. Zero. I have thought for the last 450 miles about why exactly I do what I do travelling to these shows. It is to compete. It is to help fellow competitors and help get new interest in the sport.

I simply refuse to continue to support something that does NOTHING for me and apparently is not, has not, and will not ever be a priority again. This post is only saying what the other 95% of ALL OF YOU HARD CORE SOUND GUYS are thinking anyway. I have not made my decision on Finals in Indy yet either but I can say that it is NOT looking good. I may stay at home this year, save $$$ and grief bigtime. Almost certain I will not go unless something really changes and I am guaranteed of top notch quality sound judges. I have nothing to prove and SPL will go right on along, without me being there. So there ya go- someone can go get an "easy" one.

Enough is enough.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tcaudio.net

AuthorMessage
basher8621
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor

Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2010-04-16

PostSubject: Re: SQ at SCRAPIN= Disappointment...   SQ at SCRAPIN= Disappointment... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 11:12 pm

SQ_MGB wrote:

In 2010, I attended at least 20 shows. At those shows, I, the competitor, had to provide the SQ judging SCORE SHEETS, for ALL the competitors, several times, because the person(s) running the event didn't have any, including one show that was run by Ralph HIMSELF.
I feel your pain man. Second show I EVER competed in a couple years ago if I didn't have my score sheet from the previous event and a disc I would have been SOL. Luckly noone else showed up.
Back to top Go down
linearpower

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2010-07-10

PostSubject: Re: SQ at SCRAPIN= Disappointment...   SQ at SCRAPIN= Disappointment... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 11:23 pm

TeamTCA wrote:
Well true true. If SQ was respected enough and ran properly maybe there would be more than "5" of us to compete. Exactly my whole point. Maybe I will just bring my S10 back out SPL only this time so at least I have someone to compete against. Whole lot less grief.

Ralph notifies me that we are the largest SQ team he has (well, now that would be HAD), I find that pitiful, instead of being proud to be the biggest SQ team. What I find even more pitiful is that our team would have been up to 11 cars by this point if some of the old time competitors hadn't given up on USACi because of the crap, and the new first time people we tried to bring into the contest will NEVER come back after their first experince. As it is said, first impressions are the most important, it just so happens that in USACI SQ first impressions are probably LAST IMPRESSIONS.
Back to top Go down
jkrob21
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
jkrob21

Number of posts : 1476
Registration date : 2007-06-25

PostSubject: Re: SQ at SCRAPIN= Disappointment...   SQ at SCRAPIN= Disappointment... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 11:37 pm

basher8621 wrote:
SQ_MGB wrote:

In 2010, I attended at least 20 shows. At those shows, I, the competitor, had to provide the SQ judging SCORE SHEETS, for ALL the competitors, several times, because the person(s) running the event didn't have any, including one show that was run by Ralph HIMSELF.
I feel your pain man. Second show I EVER competed in a couple years ago if I didn't have my score sheet from the previous event and a disc I would have been SOL. Luckly noone else showed up.

There is a reason no one didn't show up man! That is the point! You were new to USACi the rest of us knew there was no reason to go. I answer calls almost daily from new folks that don't understand why they showed up just to be told the director had no clue. Some keep going because they have the bug. The rest just say screw it!

The truth is that the SQ side of this sport is and has been being killed from the inside out. Steve, you are one of the troopers that won't give up on it. Just like the rest of us hardcore guys. But you had a goal from the beginning and have been steadily working toward it. Others just give up after they are handed a bucket full of crap right out of the box at their first several shows.

Trust me when I say that folks who would love to compete in SQ don't because they don't see the point. I work on cars all the time that would be capable of smoking the lanes. Then you have the DIYMA guys that are fairly bright and build some nice cars. But let them go to one show and they are done.
Back to top Go down
Cablguy
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
Cablguy

Number of posts : 335
Registration date : 2009-07-28

PostSubject: Re: SQ at SCRAPIN= Disappointment...   SQ at SCRAPIN= Disappointment... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 2:27 am

tj lacharite wrote:
First of all i would like to fix a few problems with this post
1. i never said i was a certified usaci sq judge and just so you know most of the usaci directors are not certified sq judges
2. ray never trained me to do anything
3. i cut all ties with the team bc i got tired of all the bs and crying and whining that went on in that team and about 95% of the sq teams
would you like to know why people don't want to compete with yall it is bc yall sq guys cry whine and complaine too much and yall have a bad repation in the sound world
o by the way if you and ray would like to talk about me behind my back like i know yall allready have be people i know and trust have told me yall should be man enough to say it to my face i have never said any thing negative about yall to any one and if i did i would be a man to come and tell you to your face from now on if yall have anything to say about me yall know how to get ahold of me be a man at tell me
TJ ... NOBODY talked about you behind you back at Scrapin this year ...
All we wanted was a CERTIFIED judge (like we had in 2009/2010) to come out and judge our vehicles ...
I'm sorry you feel like we were crying, bitching, and moaning ... But wanting a certified judge to be there is not too much to ask for ... Greg Miller is the only one to blame for that, he set this show up.
Please don't make excuses for him Sir ...

Besides ... None of us shuned you out, we went over and talked to you and the other SPL guys all day long Saturday and Sunday. I met up with many SPL people from the other forums ... You could have come over and talked to us ... but you didn't ...
tj lacharite wrote:
hey Alan you know what they say pretty ant loud and if y'all think it is so easy to build a spl car try it some time. I have spent a year and a half trying to get to 160 and still be able to play music because I drive my truck every day and like to play my music.
Best of luck on that 160 on SQ music Sir ... nuf said ...
tj lacharite wrote:
what exactly do you mean by "Hat on backwards" that could be kind of offensive. and your loud and our loud might be two different things
tj lacharite wrote:
1 i am not stupid or being stupid. and i don't have a chip on my shoulder
WOW ... Trying to move up on the USACI ladder and making post like this ?? You should know better Sir ... I think Joe knows exactly what a SPL vehicle should sound like ... LOL ...
Back to top Go down
Cablguy
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
Cablguy

PostSubject: Re: SQ at SCRAPIN= Disappointment...   SQ at SCRAPIN= Disappointment... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 3:01 am

And to be quite honnest TJ, TONS of people really enjoyed your truck with the SQL system in it ... I don't ever remember anyone saying any bad part about it ... SQ musical and hit impressive numbers to boot ... VERY Clean install ... Truck was truely bad ass ...
Guess it wasn't good enough for you ... Quest to be loud ?? Sounds like you just need to step back over into the SPL world where you belong Sir ...

Really sad to see all that work Team Linear / Blues put into that truck just go to waste like that ...

Last edited by Cablguy on Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Cablguy
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
Cablguy

PostSubject: Re: SQ at SCRAPIN= Disappointment...   SQ at SCRAPIN= Disappointment... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 7:23 am

I do have a question for USACI ... Moderators and/or USACI Staff only please ...

My question is about Regional Directors ... Should they be qualified to do what ever it takes to make a event work like it should ?? Sound Quality judging, Sound Pressure Level, Car Show, Membership, etc ... this list goes on, you get my idea here ...

It seems like with all this confusion this pass weekend, would it have hurt Greg Miller to walk out and meet up with the Sound Quality competitors and worked something out ???
After all, he is the Region 2 Director ... The guys at the SPL trailer was only following Greg's orders ... I really do not see where they are at fault in any way ...

The last few smaller shows that Greg was hosting, it was SPL only ...
Guess after all this rumbling here ... Is the Region 2 Director Greg Miller Certified for Sound Quality judging ??
Back to top Go down
6APPEAL

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2010-07-11

PostSubject: Re: SQ at SCRAPIN= Disappointment...   SQ at SCRAPIN= Disappointment... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 12:55 pm

I've heard of rumors of rumbling from the Captian of the sinking ship. Seems that Ralph thinks it is the SQ COMPETITORS (the CUSTOMERS) responsibility to save SQ, not HIM or HIS STAFF.

We are the PAYING CUSTOMER, not the OWNER. If your business fails because YOU (the OWNER) and/or YOUR STAFF will not provide the PAID FOR SERVICE(S)/PRODUCT to YOUR CUSTOMERS in the manner where the CUSTOMER feels they get PAID FOR, it is the OWNERS FAULT, not the CUSTOMERS.

If I get treated like C R A P by any business, I can and will take my money to another business that provides me with the service/product I PAID FOR and treats me like a VALUED CUSTOMER. MECA and IASCA sure as H E L L doesn't treat me (the PAYING SQ competitor/CUSTOMER) like USACi does.
Back to top Go down
SQ_MGB
SQ_MGB

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2010-04-27

PostSubject: Re: SQ at SCRAPIN= Disappointment...   SQ at SCRAPIN= Disappointment... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 9:54 pm

6APPEAL wrote:
I've heard of rumors of rumbling from the Captian of the sinking ship. Seems that Ralph thinks it is the SQ COMPETITORS (the CUSTOMERS) responsibility to save SQ, not HIM or HIS STAFF.

We are the PAYING CUSTOMER, not the OWNER. If your business fails because YOU (the OWNER) and/or YOUR STAFF will not provide the PAID FOR SERVICE(S)/PRODUCT to YOUR CUSTOMERS in the manner where the CUSTOMER feels they get PAID FOR, it is the OWNERS FAULT, not the CUSTOMERS.

If I get treated like C R A P by any business, I can and will take my money to another business that provides me with the service/product I PAID FOR and treats me like a VALUED CUSTOMER. MECA and IASCA sure as H E L L doesn't treat me (the PAYING SQ competitor/CUSTOMER) like USACi does.

EXACTLY!

Very well said John.
Back to top Go down
jsketoe
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

Number of posts : 1587
Registration date : 2007-06-23

PostSubject: Re: SQ at SCRAPIN= Disappointment...   SQ at SCRAPIN= Disappointment... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 10:12 pm

Don't know if he is certified or not but yes agree it's a freaking directors responsibility or why are they a director?
So I feel a consensus here of 'let USAC sq die off...I'm done trying if there is no return'.
I'm not saying that is right or wrong...nor am I saying if I agree or not. I'm looking at it from the point of suggestion to can sq at finals if this is the case. Sq at finals is a pain to coordinate..if it is all for naught or 10 or so USAC cars plus 20 iasca cars crossing over to harvest trophies because of no point requirement...what's the point?
Back to top Go down
jkrob21
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
jkrob21

PostSubject: Re: SQ at SCRAPIN= Disappointment...   SQ at SCRAPIN= Disappointment... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 10:22 pm

jsketoe wrote:
Don't know if he is certified or not but yes agree it's a freaking directors responsibility or why are they a director?
So I feel a consensus here of 'let USAC sq die off...I'm done trying if there is no return'.
I'm not saying that is right or wrong...nor am I saying if I agree or not. I'm looking at it from the point of suggestion to can sq at finals if this is the case. Sq at finals is a pain to coordinate..if it is all for naught or 10 or so USAC cars plus 20 iasca cars crossing over to harvest trophies because of no point requirement...what's the point?

I'm not ready to throw in the towel just yet. But something needs to change for the better good. We competitors can only do so much.
Back to top Go down
ShowB
Admin
Admin
ShowB

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2011-10-01

PostSubject: Re: SQ at SCRAPIN= Disappointment...   SQ at SCRAPIN= Disappointment... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 11:44 pm

Alan wrote:
If it was my opinion. I'd almost say SQ must pre register and require XX amount of entry or would not be available. Just my thoughts since turn out is thin.

I try to make SQ available at all my shows but the point is at 95% of the shows only 1 maybe 2 show up, if that. I can't afford to bring a SQ Certified Judge to every event and as much as I try to learn about SQ, trust me it isn't that easy as you guys know. I think this is how most of the USACi directors feel as well.

I agree if we could get the SQ guys to pre-register for SQ and we would know exactly how many were showing that the Directors would make SQ accomodates for the shows. (Like when I found out one year that I would have 10 or so at Turkey Drag, I paid Ruperto to come judge the event)

This might be something we could try???????????
Back to top Go down
http://www.bassbattles.com
jkrob21
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
jkrob21

PostSubject: Re: SQ at SCRAPIN= Disappointment...   SQ at SCRAPIN= Disappointment... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 12:00 am

ShowB wrote:
Alan wrote:
If it was my opinion. I'd almost say SQ must pre register and require XX amount of entry or would not be available. Just my thoughts since turn out is thin.

as much as I try to learn about SQ, trust me it isn't that easy as you guys know. I think this is how most of the USACi directors feel as well.

Bingo!
Back to top Go down
linearpower

PostSubject: Re: SQ at SCRAPIN= Disappointment...   SQ at SCRAPIN= Disappointment... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 1:22 am

What is getting missed here, is that these issues should have and could have been addressed several years ago. If you read, really read what is being said almost everyone in this thread has called it quits, they are not expecting anything to happen(because it never has) and they are not asking for anything to happen. This issues have been brought up for years and instead of improvements it gets worse. If they thought something good would happen they might have stayed but most everyone is at the end of their ropes, they have waited and asked (to some bitched and whined) for changes that never came. For those who claim they are bitching and whining, they all have letigiment complaints and facts to back their claims up, if the SPL competitors had these issues they would be complaining too. What if every show you went to the meter was not calibrated, broken or missing, that is the same to us as a poor quality SQ judge or no judge at all.

I honestly think Ralph had/has intentions to improve things but has put himself in the position and with certain staff that can not or will not implement improvements. They are some good staff and judges, I don't want to not put credit where credit is due, but they are few and getting to be fewer. I am not writing any of this to discredit or hurt anyone, or to piss anyone off. I hope an answer can be found for the few competitors that want to keep trying. Ralph has devoted much of his life to this and it would be a shame for him to lose it, but in the same breath he has to step up as leader of his organization and MAKE the change happen. I can no longer ask, plead or begg my guys to come to the shows, it is their decisions, and their decisions determine where I put my support. As I have told Ralph it would be up to him at this point to do or say whatever to get them to reconsider their position, I asked all of them to try one more time this year, and that hasn't worked out well at all. In my opinion every SQ competitor in USAci needs a apologetic and a dedicated response to correct the problems, and I imagine most will have to see it happen before they believe it. I'm not trying to be negative just truthful of the situation. The truth has to be met face to face and understood before change can happen, if it all gets sugar coated and the problems as "smoothed over" the need for change does not look nearly as important as it is.
Back to top Go down
Cablguy
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
Cablguy

PostSubject: Re: SQ at SCRAPIN= Disappointment...   SQ at SCRAPIN= Disappointment... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 4:34 am

ShowB wrote:
I try to make SQ available at all my shows but the point is at 95% of the shows only 1 maybe 2 show up, if that. I can't afford to bring a SQ Certified Judge to every event and as much as I try to learn about SQ, trust me it isn't that easy as you guys know. I think this is how most of the USACi directors feel as well.

I agree if we could get the SQ guys to pre-register for SQ and we would know exactly how many were showing that the Directors would make SQ accomodates for the shows. (Like when I found out one year that I would have 10 or so at Turkey Drag, I paid Ruperto to come judge the event)

I don't think anyone is talking about you here ...
You listen to us, talk to us, and pretty much have an idea of whats going on ...
What you need to do is give a Regional Directors class every now and then ...
We (Team Linear Power / Blues Car Audio) enjoy going to your Shows ...
By any chance you could broaden your area into Region 2 ??? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
linearpower

PostSubject: Re: SQ at SCRAPIN= Disappointment...   SQ at SCRAPIN= Disappointment... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 5:08 am

ShowB wrote:
Alan wrote:

Does anyone think that if we didn't have all these issues, you would have more SQ competitors show up, it was mentioned earlier by someone in this thread "you were new to this, the older guys knew not to show up" that is a paraphrase, but they were talking about showing up at certain shows for SQ.

I also, mentioned earlier we would have had many more vehicles in our one team (around 11 to be exact, which would mean twice the money from our group alone at each show) if the contest atmosphere hadn't run off new entries we had, as well as a few of our older contestants. Everyone is always coming up with ideas for a way for US to figure the problem out, or US to pay more, or US to have some type of inconvenience to correct the problem. As John said we are the customer, and most of us have taken a lot of abuse for customers, and we have given ideas, and been patient for change.

The only bright note we had in region 2 was when Janessa came across the river and hosted a show, but it was well know that Greg Miller didnt like that happening. No, Janessa, wasn't as well versed in SQ as possible, but she tried, she made you feel welcomed, and worth being there and she did a decent job of trying to judge SQ.

Again, (I have said this many times) if each director was required to be knowledgable (ie, certified in SQ) in ALL parts of the contest there would be at least one SQ judge in a region, if not the director, at least one of the directors personnel be trained in SQ, their is no reason that some one needs to be shipped around the country to do SQ. But at the same time if other organizations can figure out how to have qualified judges at EVERY show, WHY can't USACi?????

Hell, in the days before USACi, I worked with David Lee Marketing when George Reed at marketing Professionals and Rockford had "Thunder on Wheels" and David Lee had "Power Wars", I went out BY MYSELF and ran a FULL LINE show for David Lee, and started judging at 10 am sharp and didnt finish trophies sometimes until 10-11 PM, the point is if you have a SPL judge there, the same person could be trained PROPERLY for SQ too. Its been done many times before!

I have been in the stereo contest from the day it began as a contestant, a judge, and have designed and written some of the very first rules that are still used today. I know what it is like to run a show, and judge a show, I also know that other organizations are running shows and not having all these problems that turn competitors off.

Back to top Go down
twistedchild420
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
twistedchild420

Number of posts : 265
Registration date : 2010-08-11

PostSubject: Re: SQ at SCRAPIN= Disappointment...   SQ at SCRAPIN= Disappointment... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 9:54 am

If necessary i will judge SQ at some shows....as well as compete. I am the 1% lol
Back to top Go down
basher8621
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor

PostSubject: Re: SQ at SCRAPIN= Disappointment...   SQ at SCRAPIN= Disappointment... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 12:56 pm

twistedchild420 wrote:
If necessary i will judge SQ at some shows
Now that is a scary thought!
Back to top Go down
PerformanceTyler
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
PerformanceTyler

Number of posts : 299
Registration date : 2007-08-19

PostSubject: Re: SQ at SCRAPIN= Disappointment...   SQ at SCRAPIN= Disappointment... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 1:48 pm

The pretty aint loud comment is still upsetting me,but thats off subject.
Back to top Go down
twistedchild420
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
twistedchild420

Number of posts : 265
Registration date : 2010-08-11

PostSubject: Re: SQ at SCRAPIN= Disappointment...   SQ at SCRAPIN= Disappointment... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 2:07 pm

basher8621 wrote:
twistedchild420 wrote:
If necessary i will judge SQ at some shows
Now that is a scary thought!

tongue
Back to top Go down
basher8621
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor

PostSubject: Re: SQ at SCRAPIN= Disappointment...   SQ at SCRAPIN= Disappointment... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 2:21 pm

PerformanceTyler wrote:
The pretty aint loud comment is still upsetting me,but thats off subject.
Alma Gates was pretty and loud.
Back to top Go down
basher8621
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor

PostSubject: Re: SQ at SCRAPIN= Disappointment...   SQ at SCRAPIN= Disappointment... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 2:26 pm

Anways I think we all have said enough. I am sure we all agree some things do need to change. Nothing else should need to be said by us to convince USACi changes do need to be made. It is in their hands now.
Back to top Go down
OnYrMrk
Above Average Contributor
Above Average Contributor
OnYrMrk

Number of posts : 893
Registration date : 2007-11-04

PostSubject: Re: SQ at SCRAPIN= Disappointment...   SQ at SCRAPIN= Disappointment... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 2:53 pm

TeamTCA wrote:
First of all, its CAMARO and I didn't take my car to the show for the crowd to be "excited" and your right there were tons of people standing in-line to listen to JP's Tahoe. Good for him. Too bad the dude got screwed on the install. Both of which are all irrelevant to this entire "SQ" discussion. Don't you have another forum to post on? If you don't compete in SQ, have never been to a member's meeting (when we had those), help "re-write" the Rules for the betterment of the organization and the all competitors, and obviously really don't have it at heart, then this discussion does not really concern you...

Compete in SQ? Check
Member's Meetings? Check
Re-write rules? Check
Love Sound Quality? Check

WOOT!!! I am allowed to be here discussing this.

Seriously guys, this is the main reason I haven't been competing this year...it isn't feasible for me to spend the coin to build up my car to be handed a trophy for showing up. I don't even really like judging anymore. Too much drama on that side too.

I am sorry Todd that you had to go through this. This has been a thorn in my side with USAC shows for quite some time.

I just hope that something turns around, or USAC will officially be SPL only, and DbDrag will finally have some competition.

BTW, Todd, John S., John R. and Steve L. it has been a long time. I wish the best for you guys.

--Joe
Back to top Go down
http://www.scentsy.com/wallis
ironmaiden1967

Number of posts : 4

PostSubject: Re: SQ at SCRAPIN= Disappointment...   SQ at SCRAPIN= Disappointment... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 7:20 pm

Rick Sellers had a pretty good thing going one year, sponsors and quality judges. Not sure what happened, but they lost a good one with Rick.
Back to top Go down
Iron Maiden
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
Iron Maiden

Number of posts : 331

PostSubject: Re: SQ at SCRAPIN= Disappointment...   SQ at SCRAPIN= Disappointment... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 7:21 pm

Not sure what happened to Rick?
Back to top Go down
USACiGC

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2007-07-10

PostSubject: Re: SQ at SCRAPIN= Disappointment...   SQ at SCRAPIN= Disappointment... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 10:41 pm

You know, I have been sitting back reading this post and to sit here and read this is a bunch of Dung Pile! I understand where Todd is coming from to a certain degree. Saturday I was confronted with a complaint that the SQ people that was at the event did not want Tj judging there vehicles and that's cool. But Sunday when I sent my partner who has been doing Sq for almost 15 years out to take care of the sq competitors and ext thing I know he said that all of the competitors agreed that being since no one else was in their classes that they would take their points. That was the last that I heard. Now, if someone had a problem with that then why did you not open your mouth and speak up then? Why are you waiting to get home and complain about it on the forums??? Chicken Dung Pile if you ask me. He went out there with the intentions to judge all of your vehicles. Hang me because I was trying to run an event that had over 2,000 cars! I had full intentions on Matt Sibley running the event but at the last minute he said that he couldn't do it because he and his new wife just bought a new house in Texas and they was moving. I contacted John because he has helped me before in the past, he said that he had someone who could judge sq and I was cool with that, especially being last minute. My question here is why didn't you all speak up at the show? Why did you agree to take the win by default if it was a problem? Why wait til now to complain? Sq hasn't been that great the past couple of years, I by no means was expecting to have 10 sq. If this is a problem I apologize and I will be sure that from here on out either you preregister for Sq or I will make sure it's a Spl only event.
Back to top Go down
TeamTCA
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
TeamTCA

PostSubject: Re: SQ at SCRAPIN= Disappointment...   SQ at SCRAPIN= Disappointment... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 11:36 pm

Greg,
I'm glad you have gotten to read this entire thread. It was not started as a simple complaint about SQ at your show. This type of crap has been going on for quite some time at several different events. I made it a point to not "throw you under the bus" but you are the Regional Director for USACI and rather or not you even care about SQ at all, it is still your responsibility.

Ralph and I spoke today in length over the entire deal and mainly ideas on why these things continue to happen. No secret that SQ "has not been great over the last several years". Like I said before I have great respect for all the work you do to put on an event like Scrapin. I know its tons of BS and planning, coordinating, etc and just as Ralph and I discussed that I myself "figured" that with everything you had going on, Matt not able to come, that you took someone's word that they could judge any "SQ" cars that showed up at the show, and everything would be fine. Not really the case this time. As is all worked out, piss poor SQ turnout anyway so it really didn't matter. There were several guys there that still wanted their car's judged though anyway or at least suggestions. I personally listened to two and gave suggestions. I had no problem with it.

Again, dude I know you had a lot on your plate but not one time did you come and say anything to me about how we could work something out. Ray had already called Ralph and once I spoke with him he asked if we (me & Ray) could handle it, if possible. I said fine. I was not informed until Sunday morning, after our "supposed" 8am SQ meeting that some other person, Eric, was to arrive around 10am and judge everyone's car. By this point, I had already talked to all 8 other competitors myself and made sure that everyone was ok with not being judged at all and would receive 1st in their classes. No one then had a problem with this, although still upset that they weren't judged. I delivered the sheets to John P. and told him to turn them in. Now, it was on everyone else at that point if they wanted this person to at least evaluate their system. None did apparently. I did what I could do to help.

I am not chicken s h i t and as you will notice I don't post alot on here either. I am just trying to make this thing better for everyone. Either competitors don't go to events because they don't have a judge (or qualified person) there or gotten screwed around before OR promotors don't have SQ or offer it because no competitors show up. It's always one or the other. Nothing personal dude. Like I said I personally appreciate everything that you have done for me and my crew. Usaci is a business though and hasn't really been run like one in a long time.

Other than training & educating some folks in SQ and the Rulebook so that different Regions will actually have qualified judges for you the Directors to choose from, the only other feasible thing to do until then is to:
Eliminate the "Full Event" status on ALL Usaci shows below TP. Period.
All TP events will have at least ONE trained SQ judge.
All events will require SQ competitors to call and PRE-REGISTER at each event.
Once a minimum # of entrants (prob 10) then someone must at least judge sound in each.
Any SQ competitor is always welcome at any event to enter & receive points for Finals
when low or even no SQ turnout (This is a "team" effort- ANY competitor SQ or SPL is a paying
customer and deserves to be treated as such- regardless of circumstance)

It is just way less hassle and grief for everyone involved to NOT offer SQ unless you will have qualified people to judge it and/or offer input to the competitors. A NO show is always better than a BAD show. Read this thread, it's no just about Scrapin. It takes everyone to make it better. I wanted my car judged in Biloxi but was the only one in my class. No big deal. I don't even have to get points for Xtreme but several others were really upset, that do way more shows than me, and those are paying customers and a few even NEW BLOOD. We that support USACI cannot continue to let things run like they do or just simple not support it either. Oh, one last thing, I assumed that Matt would be there also and sent him a FB message over three weeks before the show about him being there (just so I would know for sure before I came) and I just got a response back this Monday (after the show) explaining what you told me about him moving and his new job. Things would have definitely went smoother with him there (as far as the SQ side for sure) but the turnout would have remained the same I'm sure. Both sides need improvement. Just better to NOT offer SQ at most events unless properly staffed.

Props for running an otherwise great car/truck show with tons of people & stuff to see in a great location! Sorry for the long rant...

Back to top Go down
USACiGC

PostSubject: Re: SQ at SCRAPIN= Disappointment...   SQ at SCRAPIN= Disappointment... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 11:52 pm

I understand that you aren't singling my event out and that it's about all shows in general. But the reason I couldn't come out there was cause I was trying to handle 50 million other things. My partner who has been doing Sq for over 15 years went out there to handle the situation and to judge the vehicles. Now, if someone there at the show wanted to have their vehicle judged, then they should not have agreed to take a win by default!! That's my point. They should have spoke up and said no!
Back to top Go down
TeamTCA
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
TeamTCA

PostSubject: Re: SQ at SCRAPIN= Disappointment...   SQ at SCRAPIN= Disappointment... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 12:05 am

Well at this point, I wish it would all have worked out better. Your guy was on his way Sunday morning and the SPL guys said he would be there around 10am. That's all I know. Not who he is or how long he has done it. No other SQ folks had showed up so I worked it out so that everyone would be happy on the final outcome, regardless of circumstance. We can't go back now but you can alter and eliminate future SQ problems at the bigger upcoming shows that YOU are doing (Siknic, etc). It is your deal bro. Just trying to save everyone as much grief as possible.
Back to top Go down
jkrob21
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
jkrob21

PostSubject: Re: SQ at SCRAPIN= Disappointment...   SQ at SCRAPIN= Disappointment... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 12:12 am

Amen...I will keep my mouth shut this go round. I'm on my period right now. Well except for the "chicken s h i t" comments coming from a director. That one won't work out well on my end.
Back to top Go down
USACiGC

PostSubject: Re: SQ at SCRAPIN= Disappointment...   SQ at SCRAPIN= Disappointment... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 12:20 am

ironmaiden wrote:
Not sure what happened to Rick?

Rick moved to Virginia Kevin
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SQ at SCRAPIN= Disappointment...   SQ at SCRAPIN= Disappointment... - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SQ at SCRAPIN= Disappointment...
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next