Mobile Audio Competitors Organization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LOUDEST SPORT ON EARTH!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Joint Finals a success. USACI numbers down due to very remote (from USACI) location but better than expected. Results posted on web site.
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» STETSOM 7KD
what got "hurt"? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2020 7:37 pm by big bass joel

» any blown stetsom 7kd or 2k6d amps for sale
what got "hurt"? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 7:32 pm by big bass joel

» We need the forums back
what got "hurt"? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 2:41 pm by svillarrial

» THIS OLD FORUM IS ALIVE!!!! 6/14/17
what got "hurt"? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 11:11 pm by 80INCHES

» It's back up !
what got "hurt"? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 7:03 pm by chrisfish

» 2 Atomic apocalypse 12s D4
what got "hurt"? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 12:53 am by supersquirt

» well hello
what got "hurt"? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 5:46 am by TAMU

» WELLLWELLL
what got "hurt"? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 4:24 pm by Nice

» SLAMBOREE AUG 1 & 2
what got "hurt"? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 12:14 pm by Pro_Mom

Top posters
sanman
what got "hurt"? Vote_lcapwhat got "hurt"? Voting_barwhat got "hurt"? Vote_rcap 
The_Rowlands
chrisfish
Stingraysevenout
scionsoloxb
TECH114
Alan
supadave
Moparbass28
Navi
Statistics
We have 1855 registered users
The newest registered user is Farenheit

Our users have posted a total of 222582 messages in 12665 subjects
Keywords
record louisiana crank Audiopipe 80inches state records dollar drive quad build pics world globe 2010 disc silence chef kyle broken stereo contest songs crzyblondgrl Johncarr finals
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of United States Autosound Competition International on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Mobile Audio Competitors Organization on your social bookmarking website

what got "hurt"?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
jdweatherford

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2012-05-07

what got "hurt"? Empty
PostSubject: what got "hurt"?   what got "hurt"? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2012 9:36 am

Kicker ZX750.1 amp 2 L3 subs...... 2 batteries and a 200A alternator........ lights dim at idle, even with the system off..... 0Ga wire from alt to 2nd batt stock wire to main batt (i know i need to do the BIG3 upgrade)..... just started last night..... did something get hurt and if so why?..... My thought is main batt, its almost 3 years old..... would NOT getting to the BIG 3 upgrade be causing a prob?
Back to top Go down
jdweatherford

what got "hurt"? Empty
PostSubject: Re: what got "hurt"?   what got "hurt"? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2012 10:16 am

for many out there.... yes stupidity HAS kicked in...... i've been a little preoccupied with work and havent had a chance to look into it but this is my daily driver so i would appreciate some help
Back to top Go down
Blue_C1500
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
Blue_C1500

Number of posts : 112
Registration date : 2010-03-28

what got "hurt"? Empty
PostSubject: Re: what got "hurt"?   what got "hurt"? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2012 10:41 am

I don't know what vehicle we're talking about but I bet you burned up that little piece of steel braid that the factory uses as a ground. Do the big 3 & see if that fixes it, if not, look at the alternator...
Back to top Go down
jdweatherford

what got "hurt"? Empty
PostSubject: Re: what got "hurt"?   what got "hurt"? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2012 11:15 am

dam sure better not be the alt.... just got it in last weekend...... ground no big deal i got plenty of 2ga wire (welding cable) connectors are cheap..... should i make the jump off and upgrade with welding cable (capable of higher amps and volts)?
Back to top Go down
jdweatherford

what got "hurt"? Empty
PostSubject: Re: what got "hurt"?   what got "hurt"? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2012 11:16 am

oh BTW vehicle is 97 chrysler LHS
Back to top Go down
Blue_C1500
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
Blue_C1500

Number of posts : 112
Registration date : 2010-03-28

what got "hurt"? Empty
PostSubject: Re: what got "hurt"?   what got "hurt"? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2012 11:25 am

2ga should be able to handle a 750.1 pretty easily so you don't really need to go any bigger than that unless you plan on going with a bigger amp in the future.
Back to top Go down
jdweatherford

what got "hurt"? Empty
PostSubject: Re: what got "hurt"?   what got "hurt"? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2012 11:37 am

well..... i shouldnt have needed the 2nd batt...... but same amp behind cvr's on a previous system in an 02 grand am wasnt supposed to need a cap or 2nd batt.... 2 farad cap couldnt keep up..... this system the 2nd batt and a 200A alt isnt keeping up...... kinda..... might just save myself some cash and use the 2 ga welding lead i have to do my BIG 3 upgrade...... seems like it would be worth it
Back to top Go down
jdweatherford

what got "hurt"? Empty
PostSubject: Re: what got "hurt"?   what got "hurt"? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2012 11:44 am

with regards to a bigger amp...... i cant even come close to RMS with the 750.1, for a few reasons...... box resistance is between 2.8 and 2.9 ohms.... with the output set before the amp signal clips, the 750.1 is only giving me somewhere between 450 and 500 W..... no matter what im gonna need to go up to a zxs 1000.1..... or maybe a zxs1500.1 to allow for later sub upgrades
Back to top Go down
jdweatherford

what got "hurt"? Empty
PostSubject: Re: what got "hurt"?   what got "hurt"? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2012 11:51 am

and thank you blue_c1500 your suggestion is much appreciated
Back to top Go down
jdweatherford

what got "hurt"? Empty
PostSubject: Re: what got "hurt"?   what got "hurt"? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2012 11:56 am

just an FYI from a welder..... welding cable is all copper braided.... (no steel or aluminum)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

what got "hurt"? Empty
PostSubject: Re: what got "hurt"?   what got "hurt"? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

what got "hurt"?
Page 1 of 1