Mobile Audio Competitors Organization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LOUDEST SPORT ON EARTH!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Joint Finals a success. USACI numbers down due to very remote (from USACI) location but better than expected. Results posted on web site.
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» STETSOM 7KD
"The loudest sport on Earth" Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2020 7:37 pm by big bass joel

» any blown stetsom 7kd or 2k6d amps for sale
"The loudest sport on Earth" Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 7:32 pm by big bass joel

» We need the forums back
"The loudest sport on Earth" Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 2:41 pm by svillarrial

» THIS OLD FORUM IS ALIVE!!!! 6/14/17
"The loudest sport on Earth" Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 11:11 pm by 80INCHES

» It's back up !
"The loudest sport on Earth" Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 7:03 pm by chrisfish

» 2 Atomic apocalypse 12s D4
"The loudest sport on Earth" Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 12:53 am by supersquirt

» well hello
"The loudest sport on Earth" Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 5:46 am by TAMU

» WELLLWELLL
"The loudest sport on Earth" Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 4:24 pm by Nice

» SLAMBOREE AUG 1 & 2
"The loudest sport on Earth" Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 12:14 pm by Pro_Mom

Top posters
sanman
"The loudest sport on Earth" Vote_lcap"The loudest sport on Earth" Voting_bar"The loudest sport on Earth" Vote_rcap 
The_Rowlands
"The loudest sport on Earth" Vote_lcap"The loudest sport on Earth" Voting_bar"The loudest sport on Earth" Vote_rcap 
chrisfish
Stingraysevenout
scionsoloxb
TECH114
Alan
supadave
Moparbass28
Navi
Statistics
We have 1855 registered users
The newest registered user is Farenheit

Our users have posted a total of 222582 messages in 12665 subjects
Keywords
Johncarr contest records state world drive crank pics silence broken quad dollar Audiopipe globe 80inches build songs 2010 chef crzyblondgrl kyle louisiana finals disc stereo record
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of United States Autosound Competition International on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Mobile Audio Competitors Organization on your social bookmarking website

"The loudest sport on Earth"

Go down 
+18
Navi
Twisted Image
HellRzR
sanman
BBGIC
quad box
The Ambulance
TECH114
JLG Entertainment
Crush
XFL-Leader
TeamSpead-Kenny
dbracer79
zacdavis
slumpinhonda
Crash
cavi_in_kc
84CRX
22 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Trophy, Money or Both
Trophy
"The loudest sport on Earth" Vote_lcap36%"The loudest sport on Earth" Vote_rcap
 36% [ 10 ]
Money
"The loudest sport on Earth" Vote_lcap32%"The loudest sport on Earth" Vote_rcap
 32% [ 9 ]
Small trophy and money
"The loudest sport on Earth" Vote_lcap32%"The loudest sport on Earth" Vote_rcap
 32% [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 28

AuthorMessage
84CRX
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
84CRX

Number of posts : 391
Registration date : 2007-09-19

"The loudest sport on Earth" Empty
PostSubject: "The loudest sport on Earth"   "The loudest sport on Earth" Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2007 2:29 am

Quote :
United States Autosound Competition International
THE LOUDEST SPORT ON EARTH!

As far as I know most sports pay you when you win. Along with a trophy. Now the Olympics don't, but if you win gold, silver or bronze you are set for life for the most part.

With that being said. I would like to see CASH and a smaller trophy when placing at competitions. Whether it's World Finals or a regular show. At World Finals I would expect no less then 1000.00 for a fist place. Just a thought. What do you guys think?
Back to top Go down
cavi_in_kc
Above Average Contributor

Number of posts : 929
Registration date : 2007-06-24

PostSubject: Re: "The loudest sport on Earth"   "The loudest sport on Earth" Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2007 2:38 am

84CRX wrote:
At World Finals I would expect no less then 1000.00 for a fist place.
Shocked

From a quick count, last year there would have been $41,000 in payments for first place alone. Now if I did my math correctly, and assuming results are correct, there were 194 competitors last year. Figure $150 a person based on this years prices and that's only $29,100 in entry fees. Of course that doesn't consider things like WR's and what not, but you gotta figure entry fees alone won't pay for you first place prize money.

That said, where are you going to get all that money?

I'm not saying it's a bad idea, just playing devils advocate here.

My math might be off some place, but it should give you a pretty good idea on how much money finals would need to bring in.

Last edited by on Thu Oct 18, 2007 2:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Crash
Crash

Number of posts : 782

PostSubject: Re: "The loudest sport on Earth"   "The loudest sport on Earth" Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2007 2:40 am

I say first place gets there entry fee back. Sounds fair. Or free entry fee for next year. Keep the world champs coming back.
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/christopherjeffery
slumpinhonda
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
slumpinhonda

Number of posts : 2938
Registration date : 2007-06-23

PostSubject: Re: "The loudest sport on Earth"   "The loudest sport on Earth" Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2007 2:43 am

Maybe a side pot thats saved up all year and and Champions get it at finals
Back to top Go down
Crash
Crash

Number of posts : 782

PostSubject: Re: "The loudest sport on Earth"   "The loudest sport on Earth" Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2007 2:46 am

5 bucks out of every entry fee would go along way.
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/christopherjeffery
84CRX
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
84CRX

PostSubject: Re: "The loudest sport on Earth"   "The loudest sport on Earth" Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2007 2:54 am

I would say the money comes from all show all year long. I know that some show USACI does't make there money back for going to the show, but most do and then some. USACi wouldn't be in business if it didn't make money and lots of it. I know. I own my own business. It's going to cost USACI about 7k for the hall for the weekend. What other money is spent will not be as much as the hall.

I would even be willing to pay more to go to shows or to be a USACI member if we would made something from the shows we win at. Lets face it. USACI makes there money from all 50 states and several countries.
Back to top Go down
cavi_in_kc

Number of posts : 929

PostSubject: Re: "The loudest sport on Earth"   "The loudest sport on Earth" Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2007 3:04 am

You giving money to people that place top 5 at finals, top 3 or what?

Just curious, because doing some quick math, even with a $5 extra charge for every entry fee. With $1,000 per first place, Ralph would be coming very close to spending more than he takes in and that's with no other prize money. I'm just counting the money he brings in at finals, plus that $5 extra fee.

I'm not including what they make over the year because I don't know what it is.
Back to top Go down
84CRX
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
84CRX

PostSubject: Re: "The loudest sport on Earth"   "The loudest sport on Earth" Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2007 3:26 am

cavi_in_kc wrote:
You giving money to people that place top 5 at finals, top 3 or what?

Just curious, because doing some quick math, even with a $5 extra charge for every entry fee. With $1,000 per first place, Ralph would be coming very close to spending more than he takes in and that's with no other prize money. I'm just counting the money he brings in at finals, plus that $5 extra fee.

I'm not including what they make over the year because I don't know what it is.

True. Maybe not 1k for first. Maybe something eles, but at least something. Would you not agree? As far as I have seen doing this for many years. It's all give and not get. Most trophies you get from shows can be made with some plastic and a dremel. I know not much output is being used at shows. I also know Ralph wouldn't be doing USACI for free. So I know USACI is making money. How much is a guess at best. But lets say they are not hurting for cash.
Back to top Go down
zacdavis
zacdavis

Number of posts : 917
Registration date : 2007-06-28

PostSubject: Re: "The loudest sport on Earth"   "The loudest sport on Earth" Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2007 3:32 am

As usual, Mike is right on....I love reading this guys posts.

Although a great idea thats been tossed around for years, the money just isn't there for pay outs, especially such large prizes.

We're lucky (the competitors) to still have multiple World Final venues for car audio competitions.
At some point I believe we'll have no choice but to consolidate all organizations to one super comp in order to keep this sport alive.
The sponsors and manufacturers need this to happen. Ralph recognized this years ago and has put forth efforts to see this materialize but to no avail.
Others would rather see supporters, manufacturers, and competitor turnouts dwindle than to join forces.
Its sad watching this happen knowing we could do so much more teamed together.
Back to top Go down
84CRX
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
84CRX

PostSubject: Re: "The loudest sport on Earth"   "The loudest sport on Earth" Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2007 4:02 am

zacdavis wrote:
As usual, Mike is right on....I love reading this guys posts.

Although a great idea thats been tossed around for years, the money just isn't there for pay outs, especially such large prizes.

We're lucky (the competitors) to still have multiple World Final venues for car audio competitions.
At some point I believe we'll have no choice but to consolidate all organizations to one super comp in order to keep this sport alive.
The sponsors and manufacturers need this to happen. Ralph recognized this years ago and has put forth efforts to see this materialize but to no avail.
Others would rather see supporters, manufacturers, and competitor turnouts dwindle than to join forces.
Its sad watching this happen knowing we could do so much more teamed together.

Teamed together is my point. If we as competors teamed together this could happen. I do agree that this "sport" is unlike any in the world. It's competitors like you and I that make this sport work in the first place. I don't feel that this sport in on the decline, but just the other way around. You vote will speak for it's self.
Back to top Go down
dbracer79
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
dbracer79

Number of posts : 1086
Registration date : 2007-06-28

PostSubject: Re: "The loudest sport on Earth"   "The loudest sport on Earth" Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2007 6:43 am

The following cash prizes will be hand out:
1st place-$100
2nd place-$60
3rd place-$25
Maybe....Just a suggestion.
Back to top Go down
TeamSpead-Kenny
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
TeamSpead-Kenny

Number of posts : 2194
Registration date : 2007-07-01

PostSubject: Re: "The loudest sport on Earth"   "The loudest sport on Earth" Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2007 7:13 am

Hell I would be happy with a 1st place and the same amount it cost to run at the show say at a 3x if you win first place you get a trophy and your 45 bucks back
Back to top Go down
http://www.Teamspead.net
XFL-Leader
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
XFL-Leader

Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2007-06-30

PostSubject: Re: "The loudest sport on Earth"   "The loudest sport on Earth" Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2007 9:44 am

The biggest problem with our 'sport' is, very little finiancial support from the maunfacturers or sponsors. If soundoff events were big enough and more popular, we could offer advertising to the larger companies.

We also cannot generate income from spectators at local events. If you go to a football game you must pay admission. If you attend the local USACI crank it up, you walk in free.

There just doesn't seem to be enough money available to do what is right.
Back to top Go down
Crush
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor

Number of posts : 167
Registration date : 2007-09-10

PostSubject: Re: "The loudest sport on Earth"   "The loudest sport on Earth" Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2007 9:54 am

TeamSpead-Kenny wrote:
Hell I would be happy with a 1st place and the same amount it cost to run at the show say at a 3x if you win first place you get a trophy and your 45 bucks back

the problem is that there is only one guy in a class a most shows.

forget about the money do it for the pride it is much more rewarding, also those 6 and 7 foot trophies in our show room don't ever get spent on strippers.

one the unified competition - i'am all for that the only problem is the world a big place and one man can only do so much before he pulls his hair out. scratch lol!
Back to top Go down
Crush
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor

Number of posts : 167
Registration date : 2007-09-10

PostSubject: Re: "The loudest sport on Earth"   "The loudest sport on Earth" Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2007 10:00 am

also on the unified front

we can't even get anyone on this forum.

i mean look at the registered number of members

not even enuff to throw a good rave (i mean we have more trophy positions than that don't we)

i is so much easier to stay at home for people these days.

how about lowering the entry fee so a competitor doesn't have to spend a weeks pay going to a show

$10 - single point and so on, heck i know more people would enter then making it funner......which makes more people interested.........which makes more money.

good luck with that
Back to top Go down
JLG Entertainment
Admin
Admin
JLG Entertainment

Number of posts : 416
Registration date : 2007-06-21

PostSubject: Re: "The loudest sport on Earth"   "The loudest sport on Earth" Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2007 10:15 am

Let's start with these facts

The hall rental is not 7000.00 not even close

1. Hall Rental 25000.00
2. Security 9000.00
3. Electric 2000.00
4. Fire Marshall 750.00
5. EMT's 750.00

these are just a few items
Back to top Go down
https://usaci.forumotion.com
TECH114
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
TECH114

Number of posts : 4748

PostSubject: Re: "The loudest sport on Earth"   "The loudest sport on Earth" Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2007 10:52 am

How about a Trophy and a Ring?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/infinitisound
The Ambulance
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
The Ambulance

Number of posts : 229
Registration date : 2007-08-27

PostSubject: Re: "The loudest sport on Earth"   "The loudest sport on Earth" Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2007 10:52 am

OK guys here is some facts for ya. The definition of "sport" is an athletic activity requiring skill or physical prowess and often of a competitive nature. Now if I read that right I didn't see anything about money. Now you talk about lowering admission prices for show thats done allready notice we have x1,x2,x3 point shows if you can't afford the big shows that cost so much then go to the smaller shows. ya right though it is hard some times getting 75 points in your class. if you went to just 1x point shows to get 75 points say you even lose a few times right you still prolly spend around 5-7 shows now at 20.00 entry your looking at 100.00 - 140.00 for AN ENTIRE SEASON(not counting finals). but hey maybe you don't have a job either so you don't have 140.00 Streetbeat only needs 1 entry all year to compete at finals thats 20.00 AN ENTIRE SEASON(not counting finals). Here's the best one people that complain about prices and cost yada yada yada are the same people that have 3000.00+ plus in there stereo price, the stereo wasn't hard to come by now why is a 20.00 entry fee. Let's step on the right foot recently i went and applied for a job and on my resume i put my state records and number of trophies so forth and i got the job instead of someone else maybe who had more expierenece don't know but the best thing he saw was that i work on electronics on my spare time and i'm getting trophies/awards for how well i did. On top of that he ask what i got in return for my hard work, in joking manner i said just plastic and wood. LOL his reply was "You don't get paid for this?" said "NOPE" he said glad to see there someone out there compete for nothing more than a trophie and excitment TO ME THATS A REAL SPORT! guys if you take the money out of the "real" sports in america we probly would only have 1 football team/ baseball soccer etc. I like the fact we don't get paid( sure i would be nice) but we are a REAL sport so just be glad your involved in it.

Last edited by on Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
quad box
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
quad box

Number of posts : 1711
Registration date : 2007-06-22

PostSubject: Re: "The loudest sport on Earth"   "The loudest sport on Earth" Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2007 10:53 am

hmmm just waiting to see how Usaci finals turnout, Drag finals seem to be a Flop? again we are sitting on a new format that will help the sport and not even depend on current car audio mfg at all, we have secured over 200k in cash for support so far if we take it and plan to bring in thousands of new members.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "The loudest sport on Earth"   "The loudest sport on Earth" Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2007 11:09 am

lol! lol! lol! WOW, competitors getting ready to unionize. lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
BBGIC
Big Bald Guy in Charge
Big Bald Guy in Charge
BBGIC

Number of posts : 2358
Registration date : 2007-06-22

PostSubject: Re: "The loudest sport on Earth"   "The loudest sport on Earth" Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2007 11:17 am

84CRX wrote:
I would say the money comes from all show all year long. I know that some show USACI does't make there money back for going to the show, but most do and then some. USACi wouldn't be in business if it didn't make money and lots of it. I know. I own my own business. It's going to cost USACI about 7k for the hall for the weekend. What other money is spent will not be as much as the hall.

I would even be willing to pay more to go to shows or to be a USACI member if we would made something from the shows we win at. Lets face it. USACI makes there money from all 50 states and several countries.

1. The hall for the weekend is $23,000.00 + $7,500.00 for their staff!

etc... etc.... stc....
Back to top Go down
http://www.soundoff.org
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

Number of posts : 12087
Registration date : 2007-06-23

PostSubject: Re: "The loudest sport on Earth"   "The loudest sport on Earth" Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2007 11:25 am

actually if you receive money for your first places then it starts in the prostock devision and up cause otherwise you would all be deemed as pro's then for getting paid
Back to top Go down
TECH114
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
TECH114

PostSubject: Re: "The loudest sport on Earth"   "The loudest sport on Earth" Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2007 11:42 am

Is that for getting paid or winning?
Back to top Go down
HellRzR
HellRzR

Number of posts : 800
Registration date : 2007-06-30

PostSubject: Re: "The loudest sport on Earth"   "The loudest sport on Earth" Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2007 1:37 pm

getting paid is getting paid to me
Back to top Go down
TECH114
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
TECH114

PostSubject: Re: "The loudest sport on Earth"   "The loudest sport on Earth" Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2007 2:28 pm

I don't think if you compete and you win is the same thing as getting paid.
Back to top Go down
Twisted Image
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Twisted Image

Number of posts : 1111
Registration date : 2007-06-21

PostSubject: Re: "The loudest sport on Earth"   "The loudest sport on Earth" Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2007 2:35 pm

Wow, why is it someone has to beat this dead horse every year. The first thing I learned in competition, is that if I was looking for money I better find a new hobby/sport.

Honestly, What ralph spends on the hall. equipment, judges, staff, security, ect ect is none of our frickin bussiness and I am surprised he even put it out there.

If I went to my boss and told him we make "X" amount per door and that the compnay I beliebe make this amount of money, and I think that we all should get some money from it...I would be lucky to have a job for mouthing off like that.

If anyone thinks this is a sport that is great, But I look at it as a hobby. If it was a hobby we would see the likes of scott owens and Alan dante on boxes of wheties right? not the 14 year old gymnist who can do some back flips right?

I talk to my dad about this all the time. He wonders where is the money is doing this. So I will lay it out like I did for him.

My budget for last year
$7500 in equipement
$2000 ito a vehicle
$3500 in gas, food, hotels, travel, ect
$1000 of misc costs

$14,000 for a year of competing, and I am most of that equpiment to run again this year. And I made $200 running at unsanctioned events

My Dads hobbys last year
$43,000 New pontoon boat
$3500 New golf cart
$1000 in golfing equipment

SO golfing and a boat for fun. He spent $47,500. And he made nothing on those hobbies last year. Better luck this year dad

I will say it again, if your in this looking for money, fame, free equipment, the cover of a wheties box, or the cover of your local paper. Get a new hobby. I know the NFL,NHL,NBA,MLB would pay you big buck to come play thier sport. SO go do that.
Back to top Go down
TECH114
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
TECH114

PostSubject: Re: "The loudest sport on Earth"   "The loudest sport on Earth" Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2007 2:49 pm

Exactly. It is just a hobby. I don't think I can ever win back the amount of money and Time I put into this hobby. But what it is is what it is. Who said anything about getting paid? Not me. I said it will be nice to get a ring also beside the trophy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "The loudest sport on Earth"   "The loudest sport on Earth" Icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2007 9:53 pm

Twisted Evil I say do it for the love, rush, high, or whatever you wanna call it, that you get from competing- if your doin it for the money or expect money from competing then your doin it for the wrong reasons. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Navi
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Navi

Number of posts : 3105
Registration date : 2007-06-25

PostSubject: Re: "The loudest sport on Earth"   "The loudest sport on Earth" Icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2007 10:18 pm

quad box wrote:
hmmm just waiting to see how Usaci finals turnout, Drag finals seem to be a Flop? again we are sitting on a new format that will help the sport and not even depend on current car audio mfg at all, we have secured over 200k in cash for support so far if we take it and plan to bring in thousands of new members.

Yeah hopefully this one works out better than your caraudio paycheck or whatever it was you talked people into joining and them getting squat in return.

where ya been sweetie cheers
Back to top Go down
ibbangin
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
ibbangin

Number of posts : 1906
Registration date : 2007-07-13

PostSubject: Re: "The loudest sport on Earth"   "The loudest sport on Earth" Icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2007 10:22 pm

i really dont care if i win any money, if it was about the $$$ i would save the $$$$$ i spent on equipment... i really dont care bout the trophy either. i enjoy going to these comps,it gives me something to do...i think if ur worried bout the $$$$. ur probably not having fun anymore....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "The loudest sport on Earth"   "The loudest sport on Earth" Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

"The loudest sport on Earth"
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next