Mobile Audio Competitors Organization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LOUDEST SPORT ON EARTH!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Joint Finals a success. USACI numbers down due to very remote (from USACI) location but better than expected. Results posted on web site.
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» STETSOM 7KD
finals - Gonna Miss Finals Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2020 7:37 pm by big bass joel

» any blown stetsom 7kd or 2k6d amps for sale
finals - Gonna Miss Finals Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 7:32 pm by big bass joel

» We need the forums back
finals - Gonna Miss Finals Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 2:41 pm by svillarrial

» THIS OLD FORUM IS ALIVE!!!! 6/14/17
finals - Gonna Miss Finals Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 11:11 pm by 80INCHES

» It's back up !
finals - Gonna Miss Finals Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 7:03 pm by chrisfish

» 2 Atomic apocalypse 12s D4
finals - Gonna Miss Finals Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 12:53 am by supersquirt

» well hello
finals - Gonna Miss Finals Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 5:46 am by TAMU

» WELLLWELLL
finals - Gonna Miss Finals Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 4:24 pm by Nice

» SLAMBOREE AUG 1 & 2
finals - Gonna Miss Finals Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 12:14 pm by Pro_Mom

Top posters
sanman
finals - Gonna Miss Finals Vote_lcapfinals - Gonna Miss Finals Voting_barfinals - Gonna Miss Finals Vote_rcap 
The_Rowlands
finals - Gonna Miss Finals Vote_lcapfinals - Gonna Miss Finals Voting_barfinals - Gonna Miss Finals Vote_rcap 
chrisfish
Stingraysevenout
scionsoloxb
TECH114
Alan
supadave
Moparbass28
Navi
Statistics
We have 1855 registered users
The newest registered user is Farenheit

Our users have posted a total of 222582 messages in 12665 subjects
Keywords
state world build drive finals contest pics dollar 80inches Johncarr stereo 2010 quad records Audiopipe disc silence crzyblondgrl songs crank broken chef globe louisiana kyle record
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of United States Autosound Competition International on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Mobile Audio Competitors Organization on your social bookmarking website

Gonna Miss Finals

Go down 
+7
TeamTCA
jkrob21
jsketoe
nebrsq
chrisfish
Upzaw2000
txcomp
11 posters
AuthorMessage
txcomp
Admin
Admin
txcomp

Number of posts : 287
Registration date : 2007-06-22

finals - Gonna Miss Finals Empty
PostSubject: Gonna Miss Finals   finals - Gonna Miss Finals Icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 11:05 am

Welll, I'm going to miss finals for the first time since 1994 this year due to previous commitments planned over a year ago. Andrea and I are in my friend's wedding the first weekend in Oct and as everyone who knows that's married, you can't back out of a wedding. After reading some of the other posts in the general section, it doesn't look like I'm going to be the only one who isn't going to be there this year.

Sadly, after last year's finals, Ralph stated he was moving finals back to November so I kept all but one weekend completely open in November. Oh well, I guess planing ahead didn't pay off this time. I talked to the HBIC and it's still up in the air as to whether he's going to hold SQ at finals this year. I talked to Darville and he isn't going to be there either as of this writing so if there is SQ, it's going to be a whole new staff. Both of us made some suggestions for head and line judges that have experience at finals but as of my last communication with Ralph, he's not entertaining any of our suggestions.

I've also heard rumors that Jenissa is going to be running SQ and Ruperto will be the head judge. I guess that gives a distinct advantage to the TX competitors since I'd envision a TX judging staff. Everyone who isn't in TX better either plan on hitting some shows down there or getting a lot of advice from people who compete in TX to figure out judges. As a side note, I find it very humorous that someone who is "cancelling SQ" is going to be running it at the biggest show of the year.

I wish ya'll luck in Indy (as that's where finals is rumored to be) and I'll get with ya'll afterward to see how it turns out.

Back to top Go down
http://www.soundoff.org
Upzaw2000
Above Average Contributor
Upzaw2000

Number of posts : 909
Registration date : 2008-11-03

PostSubject: Re: Gonna Miss Finals   finals - Gonna Miss Finals Icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 11:51 am

Shocked
Back to top Go down
chrisfish
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
chrisfish

Number of posts : 6521
Registration date : 2009-05-16

PostSubject: Re: Gonna Miss Finals   finals - Gonna Miss Finals Icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 12:12 pm

Not another veteran Usaci man out?
Back to top Go down
nebrsq
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
nebrsq

Number of posts : 382
Registration date : 2007-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Gonna Miss Finals   finals - Gonna Miss Finals Icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2012 8:11 am

Dang, that is too bad Tim. You'll be missed, but we all understand.
Sure hope sq is offered though. We all know attendance is down, but it would be a shame not to have it. Probably be the nail in the coffinn for some of the veterans that make the long trips every year.
Back to top Go down
jsketoe
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

Number of posts : 1587
Registration date : 2007-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Gonna Miss Finals   finals - Gonna Miss Finals Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 5:22 pm

Not the same Finals without Goudy at the helm. There is one very big reason USACi SQ has maintained through all the turmoil and shake ups since early 2000s. That's the dude that always wears the ball cap from TX that lives in NW Ark and donates his time to make SQ happen at Finals. Tim Goudy. I may be the only one that gets very vocal...but I promise you many feel the same as I.
Chris Fish...He's not 'out'...just out of town for this one.
Back to top Go down
jkrob21
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
jkrob21

Number of posts : 1476
Registration date : 2007-06-25

PostSubject: Re: Gonna Miss Finals   finals - Gonna Miss Finals Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 9:35 pm

jsketoe wrote:
Not the same Finals without Goudy at the helm. There is one very big reason USACi SQ has maintained through all the turmoil and shake ups since early 2000s. That's the dude that always wears the ball cap from TX that lives in NW Ark and donates his time to make SQ happen at Finals. Tim Goudy. I may be the only one that gets very vocal...but I promise you many feel the same as I.
Chris Fish...He's not 'out'...just out of town for this one.

Well said bro. The drive to Indy doesn't bother me at all. But IMO Jenissa has no business running the SQ side of the show. Sure she is a dedicated USACi director and does a great job in the SPL lanes. But SQ...umm...NO! Rupert is a great guy too, but head SQ judge?
Back to top Go down
TeamTCA
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
TeamTCA

Number of posts : 195
Registration date : 2009-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Gonna Miss Finals   finals - Gonna Miss Finals Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 9:18 am

Well said indeed. It will not be the same without Tim running the show on the SQ side, at least. Careful thought needs to be taken in selecting a Head Judge to run things along with SEVERAL other QUALIFIED people to help out.

I'm not too messed up about the show being in Indy but there would appear to be at least 4 months to PLAN, ORGANIZE, and put the right people/staff in place for this event. PLEASE do not wait until two weeks before the show and grab some volunteer to judge sound and install. I'm sure that there will be several "southern" based competitors who will NOT make the drive to Indy but, in turn, this location may open up USACi to more "Midwest" and "Nothern" competitors who may have not attended Finals in recent years. I like the idea of Finals moving locations every year to expose new parts of the country to this sport (SQ). But, if not properly planned for and piss-poor judging pool, then it will all be for nothing. We all know that SQ takes a backseat to SPL. Used to not be this way but it is what is, now at least.

Let the SQ competitors have some influence or "say" in who will be judging "our" cars for SQ, especially if you intend for any decent turn-out from "our" side anyway. Populate a qualified judges list of people who ARE available and CAN make the show and let us all OFFER our input.

Back to top Go down
http://www.tcaudio.net
saltybeanbag
saltybeanbag

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2011-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Gonna Miss Finals   finals - Gonna Miss Finals Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 9:45 pm

I would like too see Chris Pate do some judging. I have no prpblem helping out but i will be competing.
Back to top Go down
tijuana_no
tijuana_no

Number of posts : 709
Registration date : 2007-09-12

PostSubject: Re: Gonna Miss Finals   finals - Gonna Miss Finals Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 12:34 am

I volunteer to help judge Finals mostly cause I can't compete in finals this year and I know there is plenty of room for help . I agree and hope we have SQ this year and have all the staff fulfill it would make things better and easier another reason I added my name in time .USACI has not told me about being the head judge ,I have plenty of experience judging and competing , but I agree we should try to get the best we can for head judge . May be my name has been thrown up there cause no one else is available . I will miss Tim in finals and it would be great to have Criss , but more likely he'll be competing .The only thing I can promise , whatever I end up doing , I will work hard and do my best.
Back to top Go down
BBGIC
Big Bald Guy in Charge
Big Bald Guy in Charge
BBGIC

Number of posts : 2358

PostSubject: Re: Gonna Miss Finals   finals - Gonna Miss Finals Icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2012 1:26 pm

Thsi is kind of amusing. Darville was jsut in the office and said he has every intention of being at finals?!?..... Who knows..... This seems to be the year of surprises for me..

Ruperto is in Japan right now doing USACI SQ judging. That said he will surely be a judge at finals but is not nor was ever the head judge for finals (gotta love unfounded rumors) Very Happy

I DID TAKE Tim's advice and DID contact the persons he reccomended.

John Sketoe WILL be head judge for finals and WILL have several very qualified judges INCLUDING Rupert.....

Tim, you and Darville? You should know better after all these years....... Cool
Back to top Go down
jsketoe
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

Number of posts : 1587
Registration date : 2007-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Gonna Miss Finals   finals - Gonna Miss Finals Icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2012 1:58 pm

Ralph you have email.
Back to top Go down
BBGIC
Big Bald Guy in Charge
Big Bald Guy in Charge
BBGIC

PostSubject: Re: Gonna Miss Finals   finals - Gonna Miss Finals Icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2012 2:00 pm

Got it......
Back to top Go down
txcomp
Admin
Admin
txcomp

PostSubject: Re: Gonna Miss Finals   finals - Gonna Miss Finals Icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2012 2:08 pm

Well, looks like one of us is getting smoke blown up our asses or Darville changed his mind. I don't really care which it is at the moment.

I'm glad Ruperto can step up and judge the big show, if he is tasked to do so. I've got a lot of respect for him. He is a great guy as well as being great with the competitors. My "advantage" statement comes from experience and also if I were in Ruperto's shoes, I'd want judges I know and trust. Since I'm not aware of any shows Ruperto has judged outside of TX, it stands to reason that he'd use TX judges if he gets to pick his judges, which has been the MO for the past few years.

I'll let John speak to when he was contacted but I'd bet it was after May 18th when my original post was authored.

As for the undertone of your reply, I'm going to ignore that and chalk it up to a misunderstanding.
Back to top Go down
BBGIC
Big Bald Guy in Charge
Big Bald Guy in Charge
BBGIC

PostSubject: Re: Gonna Miss Finals   finals - Gonna Miss Finals Icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2012 3:41 pm

I contacted him within a day or two after we spoke.
Ruperto has judged in many states and has also trained judges for us in several foreign countries. He is doing so in Japan this weekend. I have judged with him in Mexico and sent him to Venezuela, Chile, and other countries as the USACI rep....

No undertone intended. I was very dissapointed in your post. I felt it took a jab at me and USACI and was out of character for you. I had several others who read it call me and voice the same opinion. As I am seldom on the forums as of late their calls were what brought me here today. People change over time but I was not expecting it from you.

You have always been the driving force in USACI SQ. You have done a lot for the organization in past years. Your time and dedication was and still is appreciated. We have been friends and despite my recent dissapointment I would like to remain friends.

Back to top Go down
txcomp
Admin
Admin
txcomp

PostSubject: Re: Gonna Miss Finals   finals - Gonna Miss Finals Icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2012 4:24 pm

As I said, Ruperto represents the USACi brand well. I'm glad to see he's helping in various places and states. Experience is a good thing.

It wasn't intended to be a jab at all. I was trying to convey my disappointment in missing finals for the first time in many years and let people who I look forward to seeing at finals every year know I wasn't going to be there. It was also to convey my disappointment in the venue being so far away from what I feel are the majority of USACi's core competitors. Since it is a joint finals, we're pretty much going where the others are.

I don't intend to suspend a friendship over a finals date or a post on a forum.
Back to top Go down
JLG Entertainment
Admin
Admin
JLG Entertainment

Number of posts : 416
Registration date : 2007-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Gonna Miss Finals   finals - Gonna Miss Finals Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 5:24 am

TeamTCA wrote:
Well said indeed. It will not be the same without Tim running the show on the SQ side, at least. Careful thought needs to be taken in selecting a Head Judge to run things along with SEVERAL other QUALIFIED people to help out.

I'm not too messed up about the show being in Indy but there would appear to be at least 4 months to PLAN, ORGANIZE, and put the right people/staff in place for this event. PLEASE do not wait until two weeks before the show and grab some volunteer to judge sound and install. I'm sure that there will be several "southern" based competitors who will NOT make the drive to Indy but, in turn, this location may open up USACi to more "Midwest" and "Nothern" competitors who may have not attended Finals in recent years. I like the idea of Finals moving locations every year to expose new parts of the country to this sport (SQ). But, if not properly planned for and piss-poor judging pool, then it will all be for nothing. We all know that SQ takes a backseat to SPL. Used to not be this way but it is what is, now at least.

Let the SQ competitors have some influence or "say" in who will be judging "our" cars for SQ, especially if you intend for any decent turn-out from "our" side anyway. Populate a qualified judges list of people who ARE available and CAN make the show and let us all OFFER our input.

If people keep dropping out it may be two weeks out before it is set in stone. Ralph needs someone he can count on even when things get tough. Tim was always that guy. Darville was always that guy. Hope he finds someone he can count on.
Back to top Go down
https://usaci.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gonna Miss Finals   finals - Gonna Miss Finals Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gonna Miss Finals
Page 1 of 1