Mobile Audio Competitors Organization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LOUDEST SPORT ON EARTH!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Joint Finals a success. USACI numbers down due to very remote (from USACI) location but better than expected. Results posted on web site.
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» STETSOM 7KD
Trouble shooting what went wrong Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2020 7:37 pm by big bass joel

» any blown stetsom 7kd or 2k6d amps for sale
Trouble shooting what went wrong Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 7:32 pm by big bass joel

» We need the forums back
Trouble shooting what went wrong Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 2:41 pm by svillarrial

» THIS OLD FORUM IS ALIVE!!!! 6/14/17
Trouble shooting what went wrong Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 11:11 pm by 80INCHES

» It's back up !
Trouble shooting what went wrong Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 7:03 pm by chrisfish

» 2 Atomic apocalypse 12s D4
Trouble shooting what went wrong Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 12:53 am by supersquirt

» well hello
Trouble shooting what went wrong Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 5:46 am by TAMU

» WELLLWELLL
Trouble shooting what went wrong Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 4:24 pm by Nice

» SLAMBOREE AUG 1 & 2
Trouble shooting what went wrong Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 12:14 pm by Pro_Mom

Top posters
sanman
Trouble shooting what went wrong Vote_lcapTrouble shooting what went wrong Voting_barTrouble shooting what went wrong Vote_rcap 
The_Rowlands
Trouble shooting what went wrong Vote_lcapTrouble shooting what went wrong Voting_barTrouble shooting what went wrong Vote_rcap 
chrisfish
Stingraysevenout
scionsoloxb
TECH114
Alan
supadave
Moparbass28
Navi
Statistics
We have 1855 registered users
The newest registered user is Farenheit

Our users have posted a total of 222582 messages in 12665 subjects
Keywords
crzyblondgrl chef build world kyle disc songs quad contest Audiopipe 80inches crank records drive 2010 record Johncarr pics broken dollar finals silence louisiana globe state stereo
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of United States Autosound Competition International on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Mobile Audio Competitors Organization on your social bookmarking website

Trouble shooting what went wrong

Go down 
+4
BODEAN
Thomas HUFFman
F3M4
basscort11
8 posters
AuthorMessage
basscort11
Above Average Contributor

Number of posts : 554
Registration date : 2011-01-09

Trouble shooting what went wrong Empty
PostSubject: Trouble shooting what went wrong   Trouble shooting what went wrong Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2012 9:25 pm

ok so i went to a show sunday and i went to do my burp (same exact settings as every other show) and it went up to like a 150.9 and then everything went silent and i immediatly smelled fire. so i turn it all off and suspect its the amps.

well i took everything out and had the amps sent to crossfire for repair and ohmed and pop tested the subs myself. Crossfire said the amps work perfect and were not blown, and my subs ohm out and pop test perfectly fine.

my question is could the rcas or any other factor be the cause of the fire smell? i am so lost. i went from damn i blew everything to wtf everything works but it shut off in the lanes.... any ideas guys?

equip is 2 crossfire v1 18s d 1.4
4 crossfire xp1400s at .7 strapped per pair

Back to top Go down
F3M4
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
F3M4

Number of posts : 423
Registration date : 2010-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Trouble shooting what went wrong   Trouble shooting what went wrong Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2012 9:56 pm

Maybe a ground isnt making good contact anymore or something?

If the RCA's got smelly they'd be visibly damaged, been down that road before. HU usually goes too when that happens(DC from the amp)

Trouble shooting what went wrong 53680335122879160430523
Back to top Go down
basscort11

PostSubject: Re: Trouble shooting what went wrong   Trouble shooting what went wrong Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2012 10:12 pm

Rcas look fine and hu still works fine.
Back to top Go down
Thomas HUFFman
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
Thomas HUFFman

Number of posts : 453
Registration date : 2011-05-07

PostSubject: Re: Trouble shooting what went wrong   Trouble shooting what went wrong Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2012 11:19 pm

Radio outputs would be my first guess. The radio will work and play everything else. Take it out and give her the old smell test
Back to top Go down
basscort11

PostSubject: Re: Trouble shooting what went wrong   Trouble shooting what went wrong Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2012 11:42 pm

Oh ok ill look into that. If it is, is there any reason it does this?
Back to top Go down
Thomas HUFFman
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
Thomas HUFFman

PostSubject: Re: Trouble shooting what went wrong   Trouble shooting what went wrong Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2012 11:44 pm

DC feedback from the amps possibly
Back to top Go down
basscort11

PostSubject: Re: Trouble shooting what went wrong   Trouble shooting what went wrong Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2012 12:03 am

hmm now that you mention it sometimes the radio would have a very slight cut in and out of signal like a "twerk" sound but it was very rare and random. that could have been the start of the issue. i ordered some nice new rcas because the old jl taped up ones i had might have been the start point of all this. and i know where a brand new eclipse 7200mkII is to replace mine. i sure hope its the head unit so i can find the problem and fix it asap. thanks for the input.

if its not the HU is there any other options anyone can think of?
Back to top Go down
Thomas HUFFman
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
Thomas HUFFman

PostSubject: Re: Trouble shooting what went wrong   Trouble shooting what went wrong Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2012 12:07 am

Remote wire might have made contact with something under the dash.
Back to top Go down
basscort11

PostSubject: Re: Trouble shooting what went wrong   Trouble shooting what went wrong Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2012 1:30 am

ok well my shitty dmm doesnt read ac voltage for some reason so i cant truly test the output BUT i hooked the bass rcas up to the mids n highs amp and it played all freq. meaning i set the switch from LPF to full to HPF and it worked in every way so im guessing the out put on the HU is not bad. Grrrrr im at a loss here
Back to top Go down
basscort11

PostSubject: Re: Trouble shooting what went wrong   Trouble shooting what went wrong Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2012 1:31 am

and all remote leads read voltage fine, none of them are shorted out
Back to top Go down
BODEAN
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
BODEAN

Number of posts : 399
Registration date : 2011-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Trouble shooting what went wrong   Trouble shooting what went wrong Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2012 8:00 am

Sub wiring pass thru anywhere they might have chaffed and shorted?
Back to top Go down
basscort11

PostSubject: Re: Trouble shooting what went wrong   Trouble shooting what went wrong Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2012 9:15 am

No wires came out of the sub terminals or box terminals. And no burn marks anywhere.
Back to top Go down
F3M4
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
F3M4

PostSubject: Re: Trouble shooting what went wrong   Trouble shooting what went wrong Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2012 10:52 am

hmm, cd skip cause the amps to protect after a short DC burst to the subs to cause the smell?
Back to top Go down
Alan
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Alan

Number of posts : 3897
Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Trouble shooting what went wrong   Trouble shooting what went wrong Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2012 11:02 am

You got the coils warm on your roll up.. and then the track ran out..
Back to top Go down
basscort11

PostSubject: Re: Trouble shooting what went wrong   Trouble shooting what went wrong Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2012 11:05 am

alan that may have been it. i cant remember if the track ran out at that exact time. can you explain further what your getting at?
Back to top Go down
Alan
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Trouble shooting what went wrong   Trouble shooting what went wrong Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2012 11:15 am

I was being silly. But I'm saying the smell was maybe nothing .. do the coils ever smell at all normally? I'm saying you slow rolled it.. and on the way up the coils were getting warm.. and nothing really cut off.. the track was just over.
Back to top Go down
The_Rowlands
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
The_Rowlands

Number of posts : 7398
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Trouble shooting what went wrong   Trouble shooting what went wrong Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2012 11:18 am

LOL IF THATS IT
Back to top Go down
F3M4
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
F3M4

PostSubject: Re: Trouble shooting what went wrong   Trouble shooting what went wrong Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2012 11:22 am

The_Rowlands wrote:
LOL IF THATS IT

If that's it wont feel bad about posting this earlier.

Trouble shooting what went wrong 53680335122879160430523
Back to top Go down
basscort11

PostSubject: Re: Trouble shooting what went wrong   Trouble shooting what went wrong Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2012 12:23 pm

lol no it wouldnt play after i pulled out of the lanes. so that wasnt it. but everything checks out fine so idk wtf it was. :/ it smelled like fire not coil thats why i suggested the amps.
Back to top Go down
F3M4
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
F3M4

PostSubject: Re: Trouble shooting what went wrong   Trouble shooting what went wrong Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2012 12:33 pm

hmmm, did you check the grounds like I said before?

Back to top Go down
Upzaw2000
Upzaw2000

Number of posts : 909
Registration date : 2008-11-03

PostSubject: Re: Trouble shooting what went wrong   Trouble shooting what went wrong Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2012 12:45 pm

fuk the grounds walter
Back to top Go down
F3M4
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
F3M4

PostSubject: Re: Trouble shooting what went wrong   Trouble shooting what went wrong Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2012 12:46 pm

Trouble shooting what went wrong DuJjO
Back to top Go down
jdlspl
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
jdlspl

Number of posts : 322
Registration date : 2011-05-06

PostSubject: Re: Trouble shooting what went wrong   Trouble shooting what went wrong Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2012 1:26 pm

I watched two rockford 500.1s flame up before.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Trouble shooting what went wrong   Trouble shooting what went wrong Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2012 2:36 pm

I saw a shooting star last night
Back to top Go down
jdlspl
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
jdlspl

Number of posts : 322
Registration date : 2011-05-06

PostSubject: Re: Trouble shooting what went wrong   Trouble shooting what went wrong Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2012 2:40 pm

lol cool
Back to top Go down
The_Rowlands
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
The_Rowlands

PostSubject: Re: Trouble shooting what went wrong   Trouble shooting what went wrong Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2012 2:49 pm

WHAT WAS IT SHOOTING ....?????????
Back to top Go down
basscort11

PostSubject: Re: Trouble shooting what went wrong   Trouble shooting what went wrong Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2012 2:54 pm

grounds all ohm out perfect. zero resistance in them except one ground that is in the back has a 1 ohm resistance :/ i need to change it out asap. im hoping thats the issue now so i can for sure fix it.
Back to top Go down
The_Rowlands
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
The_Rowlands

PostSubject: Re: Trouble shooting what went wrong   Trouble shooting what went wrong Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2012 3:40 pm

MAN IT CANT BE THAT HARD TO FIGURE OUT ....30 MINUTES TOPS
Back to top Go down
basscort11

PostSubject: Re: Trouble shooting what went wrong   Trouble shooting what went wrong Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2012 5:22 pm

well i checked the subs amps and HU in a matter of an hour and it wasnt that. only thing i can think of is the high resistance ground. i have a better frame ground that zeros out im going to switch to anyways.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trouble shooting what went wrong   Trouble shooting what went wrong Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Trouble shooting what went wrong
Page 1 of 1