Mobile Audio Competitors Organization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LOUDEST SPORT ON EARTH!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Joint Finals a success. USACI numbers down due to very remote (from USACI) location but better than expected. Results posted on web site.
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» STETSOM 7KD
New to the Forum/ Want to compete... Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2020 7:37 pm by big bass joel

» any blown stetsom 7kd or 2k6d amps for sale
New to the Forum/ Want to compete... Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 7:32 pm by big bass joel

» We need the forums back
New to the Forum/ Want to compete... Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 2:41 pm by svillarrial

» THIS OLD FORUM IS ALIVE!!!! 6/14/17
New to the Forum/ Want to compete... Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 11:11 pm by 80INCHES

» It's back up !
New to the Forum/ Want to compete... Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 7:03 pm by chrisfish

» 2 Atomic apocalypse 12s D4
New to the Forum/ Want to compete... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 12:53 am by supersquirt

» well hello
New to the Forum/ Want to compete... Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 5:46 am by TAMU

» WELLLWELLL
New to the Forum/ Want to compete... Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 4:24 pm by Nice

» SLAMBOREE AUG 1 & 2
New to the Forum/ Want to compete... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 12:14 pm by Pro_Mom

Top posters
sanman
New to the Forum/ Want to compete... Vote_lcapNew to the Forum/ Want to compete... Voting_barNew to the Forum/ Want to compete... Vote_rcap 
The_Rowlands
New to the Forum/ Want to compete... Vote_lcapNew to the Forum/ Want to compete... Voting_barNew to the Forum/ Want to compete... Vote_rcap 
chrisfish
Stingraysevenout
scionsoloxb
TECH114
Alan
supadave
Moparbass28
Navi
Statistics
We have 1855 registered users
The newest registered user is Farenheit

Our users have posted a total of 222582 messages in 12665 subjects
Keywords
kyle broken louisiana crank drive record quad stereo 80inches state globe world Audiopipe Johncarr 2010 songs chef crzyblondgrl pics dollar contest records disc silence finals build
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of United States Autosound Competition International on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Mobile Audio Competitors Organization on your social bookmarking website

New to the Forum/ Want to compete...

Go down 
+2
Jeffrm
Chevyboy95
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Chevyboy95
Chevyboy95

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2012-03-11

New to the Forum/ Want to compete... Empty
PostSubject: New to the Forum/ Want to compete...   New to the Forum/ Want to compete... Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 2:43 am

Well being new to the Usaci forum, I am in Houston Texas, and have a 1995 Chevy Ext cab, Right now im doing a little upgrading from a single 18 on 3k to 2 15s on 5k, upgraded alt, extra batts, and what not.

The other thing was I am thinking about getting in to a little competing/ starting out since i havent before, ive been around comps plenty but even after reading the class requirements im not 100% sure on what class i would be in.

1995 Chevy Ext Cab
4 Batteries
1 Alt (14.2v charging)
2 15s
5k @ 14.4v @ 1 ohm
900 @ 14.4v @ 4 ohm (not sure if this matters)
Back seat taken out, box under the window line
Box behind the b pillar on a platform

edit: im an average joe, not a shop owner/worker.
Back to top Go down
Jeffrm
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
Jeffrm

Number of posts : 126
Registration date : 2012-01-11

PostSubject: Re: New to the Forum/ Want to compete...   New to the Forum/ Want to compete... Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 2:59 am

Welcome to the forum. Lots of information on this site. Oh and as you stated the 4ohm rating, thats what the classes use for determining your class. Just in case you didnt know. Post pics of your setup sounds nice I got an 02 an plan on doing a half wall.
Back to top Go down
Jake Jesty
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
Jake Jesty

Number of posts : 212
Registration date : 2011-02-13

PostSubject: Re: New to the Forum/ Want to compete...   New to the Forum/ Want to compete... Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 3:07 am

Street beat 3 and other power classes. Like mod 0 to 1000. I am in Houston to and if u need any help or info about anything let me know or my team mates potter twins have a shop wobbly woffers and we can help you out
Back to top Go down
Chevyboy95
Chevyboy95

PostSubject: Re: New to the Forum/ Want to compete...   New to the Forum/ Want to compete... Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 3:33 am

i have seen the potters at Bass battles finals in november, doesnt one of them have 3 18s on like 20k or something?

here is the setup that i am taking out to upgrade (5k will be in a few weeks, current bass amp is sold).

New to the Forum/ Want to compete... 1070848
New to the Forum/ Want to compete... 1070862
New to the Forum/ Want to compete... 1070867

but the upgrades will be:
DC5k, 2 DC XL m1 15s, 3/0 and 1/0 welding cable, more kinetik hc1400s, and possibly a higher amp alt than my 200a.
Back to top Go down
Chevyboy95
Chevyboy95

PostSubject: Re: New to the Forum/ Want to compete...   New to the Forum/ Want to compete... Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 3:37 am

didnt even know they had a shop, they are 30 minutes away from me, good to know.
Back to top Go down
Jeffrm
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
Jeffrm

PostSubject: Re: New to the Forum/ Want to compete...   New to the Forum/ Want to compete... Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 4:07 am

That looks pretty sweet. But make sure that if you get into a class that has to be below line that everything has to be below the lowest point of the window, which in the case of the silverados is the back side windows.
Back to top Go down
ShowB
Admin
Admin
ShowB

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2011-10-01

PostSubject: Re: New to the Forum/ Want to compete...   New to the Forum/ Want to compete... Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 12:02 pm

Welcome to the USACi Forum , glad to have ya. We have a show coming up March 24 & 25th called Third Coast Nationals at The Hawg Stop on Sheldon Road in Houston. Hope you can make it!
Back to top Go down
http://www.bassbattles.com
Jake Jesty
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
Jake Jesty

PostSubject: Re: New to the Forum/ Want to compete...   New to the Forum/ Want to compete... Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 2:29 pm

Yea come on down to the shop when u can and we will help you out
Back to top Go down
Chevyboy95
Chevyboy95

PostSubject: Re: New to the Forum/ Want to compete...   New to the Forum/ Want to compete... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 3:28 am

Modified 0-1000 (guessing the 0-1000 is 4 ohm wattage rating?) is looking pretty good. Not looking to take the US by storm, just want to get a little more knowledge and bringing home some medals/trophies/certificates or whatever would be cool too., I will have a new box with the new 15s so i can get it under the window line, im limited to about 24in in height once i lower my platform a bit.
Back to top Go down
Jeffrm
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
Jeffrm

PostSubject: Re: New to the Forum/ Want to compete...   New to the Forum/ Want to compete... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 4:12 am

You are correct about the 4ohm rating for classes.Thats exactly the height my new box has to be. Its gonna be subs foward port up. Im only gonna be running two atomic 15s on 1600 watts. Not a competitor but hoping to be loud none the less. Might even try getting in super stock at scrapin
Back to top Go down
Jake Jesty
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
Jake Jesty

PostSubject: Re: New to the Forum/ Want to compete...   New to the Forum/ Want to compete... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 10:22 am

Chevy if you are doing modified you don't have to be under the window line
Back to top Go down
Chevyboy95
Chevyboy95

PostSubject: Re: New to the Forum/ Want to compete...   New to the Forum/ Want to compete... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 3:29 am

I was talking to derrick and allen today and i might end up running super stock 601-1800.

i mis-spoke, will be a DC3.5k at .5 then later 2 strapped, not a DC5k.

I can easily get a good box within the super stock class which is why im learning towards that, plus the 3.5s 4 ohm rating is 750, so even if i went strapped, i would still be under 1800.
Back to top Go down
dbdaddy
Above Average Contributor
Above Average Contributor
dbdaddy

Number of posts : 821
Registration date : 2009-01-03

PostSubject: Re: New to the Forum/ Want to compete...   New to the Forum/ Want to compete... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 8:50 am

if the 5k does turn out to be 900, two of those would land in 601-1800
Back to top Go down
chrisfish
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
chrisfish

Number of posts : 6521
Registration date : 2009-05-16

PostSubject: Re: New to the Forum/ Want to compete...   New to the Forum/ Want to compete... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 12:29 pm

Yea the 5k is 1250@4
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New to the Forum/ Want to compete...   New to the Forum/ Want to compete... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New to the Forum/ Want to compete...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Mobile Audio Competitors Organization :: GENERAL DISCUSSION :: General Discussion :: GENERAL SOUND COMPETITION DISCUSSION-
Jump to: