Mobile Audio Competitors Organization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LOUDEST SPORT ON EARTH!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Joint Finals a success. USACI numbers down due to very remote (from USACI) location but better than expected. Results posted on web site.
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» STETSOM 7KD
Are irragi alts any good? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2020 7:37 pm by big bass joel

» any blown stetsom 7kd or 2k6d amps for sale
Are irragi alts any good? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 7:32 pm by big bass joel

» We need the forums back
Are irragi alts any good? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 2:41 pm by svillarrial

» THIS OLD FORUM IS ALIVE!!!! 6/14/17
Are irragi alts any good? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 11:11 pm by 80INCHES

» It's back up !
Are irragi alts any good? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 7:03 pm by chrisfish

» 2 Atomic apocalypse 12s D4
Are irragi alts any good? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 12:53 am by supersquirt

» well hello
Are irragi alts any good? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 5:46 am by TAMU

» WELLLWELLL
Are irragi alts any good? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 4:24 pm by Nice

» SLAMBOREE AUG 1 & 2
Are irragi alts any good? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 12:14 pm by Pro_Mom

Top posters
sanman
Are irragi alts any good? Vote_lcapAre irragi alts any good? Voting_barAre irragi alts any good? Vote_rcap 
The_Rowlands
Are irragi alts any good? Vote_lcapAre irragi alts any good? Voting_barAre irragi alts any good? Vote_rcap 
chrisfish
Stingraysevenout
scionsoloxb
TECH114
Alan
supadave
Moparbass28
Navi
Statistics
We have 1855 registered users
The newest registered user is Farenheit

Our users have posted a total of 222582 messages in 12665 subjects
Keywords
dollar Audiopipe state build crank silence crzyblondgrl stereo record world 2010 finals chef 80inches records Johncarr globe songs pics broken quad drive disc contest kyle louisiana
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of United States Autosound Competition International on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Mobile Audio Competitors Organization on your social bookmarking website

Are irragi alts any good?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Jeffrm
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
Jeffrm

Number of posts : 126
Registration date : 2012-01-11

Are irragi alts any good? Empty
PostSubject: Are irragi alts any good?   Are irragi alts any good? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 12:23 am

I need to know if they will hold up, all I have is 1650w with 2 hc2400s in back, and hc1400 up front. Will a 300amp be to much?
Back to top Go down
The_Rowlands
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
The_Rowlands

Number of posts : 7398
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Are irragi alts any good?   Are irragi alts any good? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 9:39 am

lol
Back to top Go down
The_Rowlands
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
The_Rowlands

Number of posts : 7398
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Are irragi alts any good?   Are irragi alts any good? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 9:40 am

never to much ....
Back to top Go down
twentyhurtz
Above Average Contributor
twentyhurtz

Number of posts : 914
Registration date : 2008-09-29

PostSubject: Re: Are irragi alts any good?   Are irragi alts any good? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 4:32 pm

Irraggi alts getting that old that no one uses them anymore huh.. yea 300 will probably be ok for your amp.. and another and another if you want...
Back to top Go down
twentyhurtz
twentyhurtz

PostSubject: Re: Are irragi alts any good?   Are irragi alts any good? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 4:33 pm

The_Rowlands wrote:
never to much ....

^^ This.. yes you can't have too much "reserve", the amp will only drink as much as it needs, its not like the alt can force 300a of current onto what you are using.
Back to top Go down
Jeffrm
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
Jeffrm

PostSubject: Re: Are irragi alts any good?   Are irragi alts any good? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 6:27 pm

I found a better deal on a mechman 200amp that should be plenty
Back to top Go down
twentyhurtz
twentyhurtz

PostSubject: Re: Are irragi alts any good?   Are irragi alts any good? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 6:42 pm

One of the demo 200a models they had built?
Back to top Go down
twentyhurtz
twentyhurtz

PostSubject: Re: Are irragi alts any good?   Are irragi alts any good? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 6:43 pm

I got a mechman 250a, right out the box it causes my Battery indicator light in the dash to stay on ALL the time, i asked them about it and they said i could send it back but its not causing me any problems. I clamped 255a out of it and it regulates perfectly, so i think its just an interaction issue between the BCM and the regulator.
Back to top Go down
Jeffrm
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
Jeffrm

PostSubject: Re: Are irragi alts any good?   Are irragi alts any good? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 7:08 pm

Yeah they got 1 more demo model left
Back to top Go down
BODEAN
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
BODEAN

Number of posts : 399
Registration date : 2011-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Are irragi alts any good?   Are irragi alts any good? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 8:41 pm

twentyhurtz wrote:
I got a mechman 250a, right out the box it causes my Battery indicator light in the dash to stay on ALL the time, i asked them about it and they said i could send it back but its not causing me any problems. I clamped 255a out of it and it regulates perfectly, so i think its just an interaction issue between the BCM and the regulator.
You can put a resistor in the signal circuit to fix the batt light.
Back to top Go down
twentyhurtz
twentyhurtz

PostSubject: Re: Are irragi alts any good?   Are irragi alts any good? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 2:27 am

mine is an 00' with a single wire setup. I thought about impeding the signal to see if that would fix it, but i have not looked at the old alt to see what the nominal value is. The cluster reflects voltage, just the battery indicator light does not recognize the alternator. I haven't really had much time to dig into it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Are irragi alts any good?   Are irragi alts any good? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Are irragi alts any good?
Page 1 of 1