Mobile Audio Competitors Organization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LOUDEST SPORT ON EARTH!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Joint Finals a success. USACI numbers down due to very remote (from USACI) location but better than expected. Results posted on web site.
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» STETSOM 7KD
Rhino lining the outside of my s10 blazer? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2020 7:37 pm by big bass joel

» any blown stetsom 7kd or 2k6d amps for sale
Rhino lining the outside of my s10 blazer? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 7:32 pm by big bass joel

» We need the forums back
Rhino lining the outside of my s10 blazer? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 2:41 pm by svillarrial

» THIS OLD FORUM IS ALIVE!!!! 6/14/17
Rhino lining the outside of my s10 blazer? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 11:11 pm by 80INCHES

» It's back up !
Rhino lining the outside of my s10 blazer? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 7:03 pm by chrisfish

» 2 Atomic apocalypse 12s D4
Rhino lining the outside of my s10 blazer? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 12:53 am by supersquirt

» well hello
Rhino lining the outside of my s10 blazer? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 5:46 am by TAMU

» WELLLWELLL
Rhino lining the outside of my s10 blazer? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 4:24 pm by Nice

» SLAMBOREE AUG 1 & 2
Rhino lining the outside of my s10 blazer? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 12:14 pm by Pro_Mom

Top posters
sanman
Rhino lining the outside of my s10 blazer? - Page 2 Vote_lcapRhino lining the outside of my s10 blazer? - Page 2 Voting_barRhino lining the outside of my s10 blazer? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
The_Rowlands
Rhino lining the outside of my s10 blazer? - Page 2 Vote_lcapRhino lining the outside of my s10 blazer? - Page 2 Voting_barRhino lining the outside of my s10 blazer? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
chrisfish
Stingraysevenout
scionsoloxb
TECH114
Alan
supadave
Moparbass28
Navi
Statistics
We have 1855 registered users
The newest registered user is Farenheit

Our users have posted a total of 222582 messages in 12665 subjects
Keywords
Audiopipe silence finals louisiana dollar 2010 chef kyle state Johncarr build crzyblondgrl stereo songs quad contest drive disc broken 80inches pics records record world crank globe
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of United States Autosound Competition International on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Mobile Audio Competitors Organization on your social bookmarking website

Rhino lining the outside of my s10 blazer?

Go down 
+9
The_Rowlands
bojangles
F3M4
BODEAN
beatnoutdaframe
sanman
Alarm God
dbdaddy
letmeviberateyou
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
letmeviberateyou

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2012-01-30

Rhino lining the outside of my s10 blazer? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Rhino lining the outside of my s10 blazer?   Rhino lining the outside of my s10 blazer? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 4:48 am

First topic message reminder :

Question would rhino lining the outside of my s10 blazer do anything as far as what class i would be placed in? im only asking cuz i lifted it n put 31 inch tires on it n think it would look good n mean with the outside rhino lined. i go hill climbing n mudding in it but also want to do stereo comps with it, nothing to major just want to have some fun.
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

Number of posts : 12087
Registration date : 2007-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Rhino lining the outside of my s10 blazer?   Rhino lining the outside of my s10 blazer? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 12:22 pm

its not about spl score its about a choice to use what ever to paint your car with alot of people use it to paint with outside the spl world lol.

Back to top Go down
F3M4
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
F3M4

Number of posts : 423
Registration date : 2010-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Rhino lining the outside of my s10 blazer?   Rhino lining the outside of my s10 blazer? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 12:34 pm

Why then, do people only rhinoline their roofs?

Roofs don't get scratched like the rest of the car bro.

If you want to make it legal(like it already is apparently) make it so they have to "paint" the entire car with it.

Back to top Go down
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

PostSubject: Re: Rhino lining the outside of my s10 blazer?   Rhino lining the outside of my s10 blazer? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 1:01 pm

thats what im talking about the entire car not just portions, but then again an argument can be made about landau tops, and such as well wich is factory.

i personally think people worry about the little Dung Pile way to mkuch now a days, and not enough time figuring out what works for them. I mean emagine with all the bitching that goes on if people would channel half that energy into there rides what they could accomplish
Back to top Go down
F3M4
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
F3M4

PostSubject: Re: Rhino lining the outside of my s10 blazer?   Rhino lining the outside of my s10 blazer? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 1:04 pm

I'm just saying you cant use the paint excuse unless your whole car is covered in the ugly Dung Pile.
Back to top Go down
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

PostSubject: Re: Rhino lining the outside of my s10 blazer?   Rhino lining the outside of my s10 blazer? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 1:09 pm

is that entirely true man i mean people dont do custom paint jobs by just painting portions of the car.

and the only reason we dont deem this to be custom is because its rhinoliner
Back to top Go down
F3M4
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
F3M4

PostSubject: Re: Rhino lining the outside of my s10 blazer?   Rhino lining the outside of my s10 blazer? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 1:11 pm

Would you rhinoline your crx?

Back to top Go down
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

PostSubject: Re: Rhino lining the outside of my s10 blazer?   Rhino lining the outside of my s10 blazer? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 1:25 pm

i contemplated it actually, and have had people i know do it

like i said it lasts longer,scratch resistant,chip resistant hell whats not to like about it

now lets flip the coin here what if someone just did a thick layer vynal wrap would it have the same affect i think so then what we \"Female dog\" about that also
Back to top Go down
bojangles
Above Average Contributor
bojangles

Number of posts : 505
Registration date : 2009-05-30

PostSubject: Re: Rhino lining the outside of my s10 blazer?   Rhino lining the outside of my s10 blazer? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 1:28 pm

I would Rhino line my Ranger. I think it looks bad ass. Plus I take my truck hunting and stuff so it would be nice to not have to worry about it scratching and chipping not because of looks, but mostly cause I don't like rust.
Back to top Go down
beatnoutdaframe
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
beatnoutdaframe

Number of posts : 394
Registration date : 2008-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Rhino lining the outside of my s10 blazer?   Rhino lining the outside of my s10 blazer? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 1:34 pm

I think the look of stamped concrete would look good on a roof clown
Back to top Go down
http://www.bottomlesspits.com
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

PostSubject: Re: Rhino lining the outside of my s10 blazer?   Rhino lining the outside of my s10 blazer? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 1:38 pm

lol we have had a cocnrete issue before "MR DANTE" lol
Back to top Go down
F3M4
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
F3M4

PostSubject: Re: Rhino lining the outside of my s10 blazer?   Rhino lining the outside of my s10 blazer? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 1:38 pm

Well, if you can use rhinolining why cant I use JB weld?
Well, if you can use JB weld why cant I use concrete?

Thats where we're heading.
Back to top Go down
dbdaddy
dbdaddy

Number of posts : 821
Registration date : 2009-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Rhino lining the outside of my s10 blazer?   Rhino lining the outside of my s10 blazer? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 1:54 pm

people also use rollcages in the front cab outside of spl. so can i be scared of rolling with this topheavy truck and brace the doodoo out of the inside of my cab, not to hold my truck together, just for saftey? where does it end.

the fact is, fred used rhino line for spl. not cosmetics. anyone who says outerwise is a fool.
Back to top Go down
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

PostSubject: Re: Rhino lining the outside of my s10 blazer?   Rhino lining the outside of my s10 blazer? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 4:32 pm

rhino lining is a protectent coat

jb weld is a metal fixer

concrete is for roads

stop running your mouths about everything you dont like and working on your piece of Dung Pile and getting louder

well thats priceless
Back to top Go down
The_Rowlands
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
The_Rowlands

Number of posts : 7398
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Rhino lining the outside of my s10 blazer?   Rhino lining the outside of my s10 blazer? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 8:45 pm

i have roll on cheep crap on my roof and its there to keep water out...my roof has been welded over 100 times . and still has rips in it,,, ..every time ya play it it rips . ima order a new roof for it this year ond paint it orange with no linner on it and i bet score will go up .ive showed everyone how thin it is the liner is thinner then the paint is ... only there to keep water out while it rains .....the Dung Pile on the sides is to hide rust to make look better
Back to top Go down
letmeviberateyou

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2012-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Rhino lining the outside of my s10 blazer?   Rhino lining the outside of my s10 blazer? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 5:45 pm

ok. hey im a noobie. i dont know Dung Pile sept that i love bass. i ask ?s on this forum because i dont know the answers n would like @ fallow the rules. my biggest deal is i wish i had the rules in black n white on paper in my hands. i work a min wage job with 4 kids n a gf @ home. i dont have the money some do for this sport so i would have to go bang for my buck n some would say cheap n easy n mabee not the right way to do things but thats what i can afford. im 24 from redneck oilfield squidney montucky. n if guys r going to cry n throw fits because i didnt do something "the right way" then thats bullsh*t specialy if the guys doing the crying have thousands of thousands dollars put in to thier systems. iguess what im trying to say is im a little guy in this sport n i love to support my local shop when i can, he helps me as much as he can, but how do i get a set of the rules that r in black n white so i can try n do things according to the rules n even find out what class i would be in? n hey plz think of the little guys that love this sport but dont have alot of extra cash to just throw around.
Back to top Go down
beatnoutdaframe
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
beatnoutdaframe

PostSubject: Re: Rhino lining the outside of my s10 blazer?   Rhino lining the outside of my s10 blazer? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 5:59 pm

Ask Ralph that's the only way to get an idea of what the rules are at that moment
Back to top Go down
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

PostSubject: Re: Rhino lining the outside of my s10 blazer?   Rhino lining the outside of my s10 blazer? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 7:27 pm

Back to top Go down
memphis_yota

Number of posts : 608
Registration date : 2007-06-25

PostSubject: Re: Rhino lining the outside of my s10 blazer?   Rhino lining the outside of my s10 blazer? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 11:00 pm

Rhino liner is not paint. The reason for its use is as a protective coating. It is applied thicker than paint therefore it does change the characteristics of the metal it is applied to. Just like sound damping hurts or helps really depends on use I see rhino liner doing the same thing it may help may hurt, but that Dung Pile is permanent so I hope it helps if anyone used it to try and gain.
As far as rules I see where it could be questioned because it doesn't come oem from any car company and is definetly not on the roof.
Spray it down if the rules change there's classes it will fit in at local level no problem. Op enjoy your truck and do it the way you want, your the one who has to use it and rules change all the time.
Back to top Go down
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

PostSubject: Re: Rhino lining the outside of my s10 blazer?   Rhino lining the outside of my s10 blazer? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 12:08 am

that paint and clear coat protectent on your truck came stock???????????
Back to top Go down
memphis_yota

Number of posts : 608
Registration date : 2007-06-25

PostSubject: Re: Rhino lining the outside of my s10 blazer?   Rhino lining the outside of my s10 blazer? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 12:12 am

sanman wrote:
that paint and clear coat protectent on your truck came stock???????????
Misread your post, no my current paint job did not come stock but it is oem equivalent, and such there is no question on the rule as it pertains to my truck.
Back to top Go down
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

PostSubject: Re: Rhino lining the outside of my s10 blazer?   Rhino lining the outside of my s10 blazer? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 1:02 pm

my point is you used a protectant as you so classified the rhinoliner to be.

and how many coats or paint do you think it would take to equal a single layer of rhinoliner because with them expensive ass paint jobs you normally dont stop at 3
Back to top Go down
beatnoutdaframe
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
beatnoutdaframe

PostSubject: Re: Rhino lining the outside of my s10 blazer?   Rhino lining the outside of my s10 blazer? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 1:07 pm

sanman wrote:
my point is you used a protectant as you so classified the rhinoliner to be.

and how many coats or paint do you think it would take to equal a single layer of rhinoliner because with them expensive ass paint jobs you normally dont stop at 3

A real painted wouldn't use more then 3 coats of clear and it has flexibility and isn't as rigid as rhino liner
Back to top Go down
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

PostSubject: Re: Rhino lining the outside of my s10 blazer?   Rhino lining the outside of my s10 blazer? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 1:14 pm

so because the rhinoliner isnt flexible and is rigid this is the main issue then??

i know first hand that when you stiffen the quarter panels on certain vehicles that you handicap it not enhance it.

i think the bottom line is this some of you guys just wanna see this as another reason that someone might be louder or have an advantage over you instead of seeing that it may not be such an advantage that you think it is
Back to top Go down
beatnoutdaframe
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
beatnoutdaframe

PostSubject: Re: Rhino lining the outside of my s10 blazer?   Rhino lining the outside of my s10 blazer? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 1:39 pm

Some of you guys lol I could give two fucks about it. I paint for a living and just giving input on the paint side of things
Back to top Go down
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

PostSubject: Re: Rhino lining the outside of my s10 blazer?   Rhino lining the outside of my s10 blazer? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 2:10 pm

i got ya man, and just because alot of people dont ask for it to be used while painting and most painters wont like to use it since you arent going to make as mouch money from doing it doesnt mean its not a suitable material to use for painting. this has became very popular, and cant be ignored as a paint job point blank

and some of you guys automatically put yourself in the mix thinking your the only one being talked to and thats not true. i think this was a general topic open to input with great input, and nothing personal
Back to top Go down
beatnoutdaframe
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
beatnoutdaframe

PostSubject: Re: Rhino lining the outside of my s10 blazer?   Rhino lining the outside of my s10 blazer? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 2:15 pm

Its all good I agree a lot of people are doing it and on a lot of vehicles look good with it people just need to get over it and let it be lol
Back to top Go down
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

PostSubject: Re: Rhino lining the outside of my s10 blazer?   Rhino lining the outside of my s10 blazer? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 2:19 pm

Smile its nice to agree
Back to top Go down
The_Rowlands
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
The_Rowlands

PostSubject: Re: Rhino lining the outside of my s10 blazer?   Rhino lining the outside of my s10 blazer? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 2:24 pm

we at our shop do alot of it on trucks .... all down the sides and even in door jams .keeps the paint from wearing off when getting in and out of the truck .. if ya own a truck ya know what i mean its that bare metal spot where your feet drag across when getting in and out... it aint cheap runs about 600 or so for exact color match
Back to top Go down
The_Rowlands
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
The_Rowlands

PostSubject: Re: Rhino lining the outside of my s10 blazer?   Rhino lining the outside of my s10 blazer? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 2:27 pm

thats from bottom body line down
Back to top Go down
The_Rowlands
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
The_Rowlands

PostSubject: Re: Rhino lining the outside of my s10 blazer?   Rhino lining the outside of my s10 blazer? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 5:18 pm

Rhino lining the outside of my s10 blazer? - Page 2 009
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rhino lining the outside of my s10 blazer?   Rhino lining the outside of my s10 blazer? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rhino lining the outside of my s10 blazer?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next