Mobile Audio Competitors Organization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LOUDEST SPORT ON EARTH!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Joint Finals a success. USACI numbers down due to very remote (from USACI) location but better than expected. Results posted on web site.
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» STETSOM 7KD
need help designing a box Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2020 7:37 pm by big bass joel

» any blown stetsom 7kd or 2k6d amps for sale
need help designing a box Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 7:32 pm by big bass joel

» We need the forums back
need help designing a box Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 2:41 pm by svillarrial

» THIS OLD FORUM IS ALIVE!!!! 6/14/17
need help designing a box Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 11:11 pm by 80INCHES

» It's back up !
need help designing a box Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 7:03 pm by chrisfish

» 2 Atomic apocalypse 12s D4
need help designing a box Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 12:53 am by supersquirt

» well hello
need help designing a box Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 5:46 am by TAMU

» WELLLWELLL
need help designing a box Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 4:24 pm by Nice

» SLAMBOREE AUG 1 & 2
need help designing a box Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 12:14 pm by Pro_Mom

Top posters
sanman
need help designing a box Vote_lcapneed help designing a box Voting_barneed help designing a box Vote_rcap 
The_Rowlands
need help designing a box Vote_lcapneed help designing a box Voting_barneed help designing a box Vote_rcap 
chrisfish
Stingraysevenout
scionsoloxb
TECH114
Alan
supadave
Moparbass28
Navi
Statistics
We have 1855 registered users
The newest registered user is Farenheit

Our users have posted a total of 222582 messages in 12665 subjects
Keywords
broken finals louisiana songs chef 2010 drive crank record quad contest world build Audiopipe records Johncarr kyle crzyblondgrl stereo pics dollar 80inches state disc silence globe
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of United States Autosound Competition International on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Mobile Audio Competitors Organization on your social bookmarking website

need help designing a box

Go down 
+2
nebrsq
Jeffrm
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Jeffrm
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
Jeffrm

Number of posts : 126
Registration date : 2012-01-11

need help designing a box Empty
PostSubject: need help designing a box   need help designing a box Icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 10:58 pm

I need as much help as possible for building my own box for my 02 ext cab silverado. i have 2 atomic quantum 15s, atomic 1600.1 amp and no back seat. Im wanting to be loud to the ear, not all that worried about spl. any help with specs and dimensions of a box would be very helpful.
Back to top Go down
nebrsq
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
nebrsq

Number of posts : 382
Registration date : 2007-06-26

PostSubject: Re: need help designing a box   need help designing a box Icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 11:10 pm

Don't know much about the amp or subs, but as far as a setup, I would start with a box, subs facing forward, slot port facing up at the back of the box by the back window. The size of the port and dimensions of the box depend on the measurements of the truck along with the frequency you want to tune it to.

There are other setups, but this is the one I personally like to go with. Others might have a different idea that may work better.
Back to top Go down
Jeffrm
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
Jeffrm

PostSubject: Re: need help designing a box   need help designing a box Icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 11:21 pm

i like the idea of that. i just got to get measurements of what i can fit in there.
Back to top Go down
twentyhurtz
Above Average Contributor
twentyhurtz

Number of posts : 914
Registration date : 2008-09-29

PostSubject: Re: need help designing a box   need help designing a box Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 10:49 am

Jeffrm, I know your not concerned about spl, but do you ever plan on putting it in a show, like at Scrapin or the occasional show? If so you may want to design your system around some guidelines. There are a few coasties that may be able to give you some pointers if they are willing.
Back to top Go down
Jeffrm
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
Jeffrm

PostSubject: Re: need help designing a box   need help designing a box Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 4:00 pm

i am wanting to be able to build something thats presentable and looks good, but really gets down too. ive got dimensions of 60"longx25"tallx20"deep to work with and would like to be tuned around 36-40hz for daily listening.
Back to top Go down
Jeffrm
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
Jeffrm

PostSubject: Re: need help designing a box   need help designing a box Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 4:06 pm

need help designing a box 2012-010

this is what im working with
Back to top Go down
nebrsq
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
nebrsq

PostSubject: Re: need help designing a box   need help designing a box Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 11:22 pm

From those dimensions, and the looks of things, your planning on using the whole back area for box, correct.

THere are a lot of options for this size of box.

There was a thread on here 6 months or so ago, I think in an S10, that had nearly the same dimensions, but it was tuned higher-some of this is port size and length also. As far as port, I would have to take a little closer look. First guess would be 3x4x60.

WIth this setup, could do well at some comp's, but like twentyhurtz said, need to look at where the batts and amp go. Could fit nicely into Stock or SuperStock if done right.
Back to top Go down
twentyhurtz
twentyhurtz

PostSubject: Re: need help designing a box   need help designing a box Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 11:41 pm

I'm about to build a friends system in an 01 s10 xtreme. I do not know ANY of the so called "s10" tricks, so i will be going from scratch. I built one enclosure design for the truck already and it fell on its face, so i will try to common sub forward port up design and see where i can go from there, but i do plan on arranging the battery/amps on the driver side as you have it above, but in a compartment that i will build. Planning to occupy all the space in the allowed area to help shrink the cabin air space. That my fail as well but i gotta try what i can.
Back to top Go down
Jeffrm
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
Jeffrm

PostSubject: Re: need help designing a box   need help designing a box Icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 4:59 am

i actually built a box and it fell on its face also. its a divided box w/ ports on each end from the reseach i did it was supposed to be tuned at 36hz on each side, i was wrong put the dimensions of each side in the torres box tuning calculator and it come out to be 60hz affraid per side.
[img]need help designing a box Th_2012-02-11153903[/img]

it sounds ok but definitly not what i want it to sound like
Back to top Go down
Jeffrm
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
Jeffrm

PostSubject: Re: need help designing a box   need help designing a box Icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 5:06 am

but ive had to change some dimensions to 57.5" wide X 22" deep X 17.5" tall, ive got a new design im trying to make sure is right.

[url=need help designing a box Th_2012-02-12023831]
Back to top Go down
Alan
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Alan

Number of posts : 3897
Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: need help designing a box   need help designing a box Icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 12:24 pm

In trucks I've always had luck with woofers and port all up... or subs fwd port up either along the back or even at the end. Or also its definitely worth trying with one you can test fwd and up with 2the 6" areo to the side..
Back to top Go down
Alan
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Alan

Number of posts : 3897
Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: need help designing a box   need help designing a box Icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 12:26 pm

Jeffrm wrote:
but ive had to change some dimensions to 57.5" wide X 22" deep X 17.5" tall, ive got a new design im trying to make sure is right.

Id turn the port up on this one..
Back to top Go down
Jeffrm
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
Jeffrm

PostSubject: Re: need help designing a box   need help designing a box Icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 4:25 pm

I would live to do subs fwd and port up but I need a design that will be tuned for daily
Back to top Go down
twentyhurtz
twentyhurtz

PostSubject: Re: need help designing a box   need help designing a box Icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 6:04 pm

Jeffrm wrote:
I would live to do subs fwd and port up but I need a design that will be tuned for daily

??? why can't that be a daily setup?
Back to top Go down
Jeffrm
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
Jeffrm

PostSubject: Re: need help designing a box   need help designing a box Icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 6:19 pm

It can be. I was just talking about getting the port right so it can be daily
Back to top Go down
BODEAN
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
BODEAN

Number of posts : 399
Registration date : 2011-08-21

PostSubject: Re: need help designing a box   need help designing a box Icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 8:55 pm

Had good results in a 01 s10 with subs as far as possible to passenger side with port up on driver side. Seemed to tune quarter wave pretty well. Did low 50's at 47 hz with 4 tens in sb2.
Back to top Go down
Jeffrm
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
Jeffrm

PostSubject: Re: need help designing a box   need help designing a box Icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 9:18 pm

thats not bad at all. ill be perfectly fine (for now) with high 40s with two 15s on 1600 watts. i did a 143 on the dash with audiocontrol meter, in a box that was originally built for L7 15s. so im hoping a new box will inprove my score.
Back to top Go down
nebrsq
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
nebrsq

PostSubject: Re: need help designing a box   need help designing a box Icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 9:42 pm

Jeffrm wrote:

This looks like a good design. I would try the port up also, like Alan said, see what happens.
Back to top Go down
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

Number of posts : 12087
Registration date : 2007-06-23

PostSubject: Re: need help designing a box   need help designing a box Icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 9:54 pm

jeffrm with the 2 15's go subs up, and port up with the port in the middle between the subs the problem you will run into is that you will more than likely makew the box way to big with only having 2 15's causing you to be out or the resonant freaquency of the truck.
Back to top Go down
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

Number of posts : 12087
Registration date : 2007-06-23

PostSubject: Re: need help designing a box   need help designing a box Icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 9:55 pm

01 extreme isnt the same as the older s10's we had more luck with 4 12's across chambered, subs forward as clode to the floor bord as you can, and each chamber had a 6" port up about 2-3" off the roof
Back to top Go down
Jeffrm
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
Jeffrm

PostSubject: Re: need help designing a box   need help designing a box Icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 11:17 pm

so do yall have any tips on tuning the box
Back to top Go down
BODEAN
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
BODEAN

Number of posts : 399
Registration date : 2011-08-21

PostSubject: Re: need help designing a box   need help designing a box Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 7:48 pm

Jeffrm wrote:
so do yall have any tips on tuning the box
the12volt.com all sorts of tuning calculators
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: need help designing a box   need help designing a box Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

need help designing a box
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Mobile Audio Competitors Organization :: GENERAL DISCUSSION :: HOW TO GET LOUD! :: HOW TO GET LOUD!-
Jump to: